Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: TAKING MY SWEET TIME  (Read 36551 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: TAKING MY SWEET TIME
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2009, 07:44:42 AM »

One more to page Three!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2009, 07:44:55 AM »

Page Three Dance!!!

Kerry

« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2009, 08:02:54 AM »

Vixmom!  Good to see you!  How are you feeling?
I like boat races.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2009, 08:03:28 AM »

I met with the Dr this morning and he gave me an exam - the best news is that when we started this thing a month ago the tumor in my neck was 3 x 4 cm and hard - it is now 2 x 2 cm and soft. The Dr was very pleased.

I do have a slight swelling in my ear and "thrush" in my throat which he prescribed some more drugs for  - CVS should throw us a party when this whole thing is over, we must have really boosted their 4th 1/4 sales numbers

At the moment I can not eat.  I am using a feeding tube  - perhaps by February or March - depending on wha the surgeon says after this first round of chemo and radiation is done at the end of January, I will be able to eat again.

One of the side effects of the radiation (since it's being done on my mouth and enck) is a swelling around my esophogus so I cannot swallow effectively - that combined with the radiation killing my taste buds and salvitory glands makes eating by mouth pretty much impossible these days.

The swelling has also made my voice disappear -  a blessing to my family I am sure - I may have to invest in a big bell to get their attention!

I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and tell my boss I won't be back for a  awhile - he expects me in tomorrow - I haven't been in since the 24th...but I just don't think I am strong enough and I certainly can't use the phone...    I dread doing this - he has been very supportive during  a very bad economic time - I don't know how he is going to continue carrying me.....
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Kerry

« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2009, 08:04:23 AM »

I need to thank our DR CharlesPogue for recommending Johnny Crawford's "Sweepin' the Clouds Away" recording. I love it. The band is great, Mr Crawford's vocals quite good, and I hope there will be a sequel recording ASAP.

And if you want to hear more, check out his website:    http://crawfordmusic.com/index.asp
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2009, 08:06:37 AM »

I met with the Dr this morning and he gave me an exam - the best news is that when we started this thing a month ago the tumor in my neck was 3 x 4 cm and hard - it is now 2 x 2 cm and soft. The Dr was very pleased.

I do have a slight swelling in my ear and "thrush" in my throat which he prescribed some more drugs for  - CVS should throw us a party when this whole thing is over, we must have really boosted their 4th 1/4 sales numbers

At the moment I can not eat.  I am using a feeding tube  - perhaps by February or March - depending on wha the surgeon says after this first round of chemo and radiation is done at the end of January, I will be able to eat again.

One of the side effects of the radiation (since it's being done on my mouth and enck) is a swelling around my esophogus so I cannot swallow effectively - that combined with the radiation killing my taste buds and salvitory glands makes eating by mouth pretty much impossible these days.

The swelling has also made my voice disappear -  a blessing to my family I am sure - I may have to invest in a big bell to get their attention!

I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and tell my boss I won't be back for a  awhile - he expects me in tomorrow - I haven't been in since the 24th...but I just don't think I am strong enough and I certainly can't use the phone...    I dread doing this - he has been very supportive during  a very bad economic time - I don't know how he is going to continue carrying me.....

As bad as I know you feel, it sounds like good news from your doctor, and I am so happy.  PROGRESS!!!!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2009, 08:07:52 AM »

Vixmom:  now I'll send vibes for the job/boss portion.   HUGE vibes.  And as far your voice and the bell, if I were a bell, I'd go ding dong ding dong ding!
I like boat races.

singdaw

« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2009, 08:09:18 AM »

Wow, DR vixmom.

With you on the journey.

And ***JOB VIBES***!!!!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2009, 08:11:40 AM »

ABBOTT & COSTELLO: Not so much for their movies, but for their verbal routines.

CHARLIE CHAPLIN: CITY LIGHTS, THE KID, THE GREAT DICTATOR

BUSTER KEATON: STEAMBOAT BILL, JR.

DANNY KAYE: THE COURT JESTER
You can dream…or you can do.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2009, 08:11:44 AM »

Vibes to Vixmom.  The good news about staying home is you have plenty of movies to watch!  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Kerry

« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2009, 08:13:38 AM »

Get thee to a nunnery!

How do you know that I'm not already at one?
I assumed you were in a nunnery already, David.  I also assumed you were the Mother Superior by now!
I like boat races.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2009, 08:20:29 AM »

How could I forget Red Skelton?  Although I guess mostly for his routines.....including Guzzler's Gin...it's a smooooooooooooth drink......and his Fox detective movies.

I also started to list Bob Hope.....I think he is really funny in The Great Lover and as DR CP mentioned The Road Pictures.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2009, 08:22:08 AM »

Today I received my NEW Kritzerland release.  It is a fine and fun CD.  I like the liner notes on the films and from MR BK on discovering B. Hermann....

I especially like the two photos included of Mr Bennett and the late (joke) Ms Mills.  I also like hearing Mr Quentin Tarantino called out as the culture cannibal he is.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2009, 08:22:15 AM »

I have never seen The Red Shoes, either.      :-\

When I was recruited to this here site, it was with the understanding that there was a lot of sparkling conversation about a multitude of things concerning film and theater by a diverse group of sparkling members.

One thing I discovered very quickly was that there was great diversity, not to mention cult devotion to some genres, among the members.  As the years have passed, there have been shifts among the members and their major interests and, subsequently, the topics of discussion herein.

Many express a curiousity about things they have not been exposed to and often find pleasures they had not heretofore known, while others express disappointment over films or books or play about which much has been said in a positive manner.

All of that being now said, I urge you all to rush out and rent "The Red Shoes" if you have not seen the film.  Even if you dislike it (???!!!???!!!???!!), you really should be able to say you've seen it!

;D

;D

Growing up I was not permitted to watch TV during the day.  I still remember my father coming home & catching me watching TV, specifically THE RED SHOES.  Instead of getting in trouble he was very happy to find me watching such a wonderful movie.  From then on I watched all the old movies I wanted during the day.  Of course way back then there weren't as many on as there are today & they were still a special treat.

Jane

« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2009, 08:24:19 AM »

I am beginning to have glimmerings that the emergency tooth repair that my dentist kindly performed on 12/24 may not last.  I fear that darned wisdom tooth may have to come out.  And I need to hold onto as much wisdom as I can!

I'm sorry.

Ginny

« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2009, 08:26:38 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  I have spent most of the morning on the phone with the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System finding out that it can take up to 60 days from one's "effective date" for them to show you the money.  Now, in this electronic age, my question is "Wha-a-a-a-at?" (A Drowsy Chaperone reference)

However, DR Vixmom's post put it all in perspective and I can only send vibes to her for both health and job issues.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2009, 08:26:43 AM »

I think I will watch the SUPERSTARS of DANCE tonight to see the American group dance....the soloist and the duet dancers were all pretty bad......

Jane

« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2009, 08:27:24 AM »

I made something very yummy yesterday. I was making banana bread for my niece. And while i like banana muffins (more specifically with chocolate chips) for some reason i'm not as fond of banana bread.

So i added strawberries to my little loaf. And it turned out so good!

That sounds good.:)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2009, 08:27:34 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  I have spent most of the morning on the phone with the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System finding out that it can take up to 60 days from one's "effective date" for them to show you the money.  Now, in this electronic age, my question is "Wha-a-a-a-at?" (A Drowsy Chaperone reference)

However, DR Vixmom's post put it all in perspective and I can only send vibes to her for both health and job issues.

Yes it took some time for my PERF to start.....but then I didn't start the paper work until the day after they "retired" me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2009, 08:28:05 AM »

And you will get all of the months owed you on your first check when it finally arrives.

Matt H.

« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2009, 08:29:12 AM »

I'm heading downstairs now to get showered and shaved so I can go out on the usual Monday lunch with best friend John.

WBBL.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2009, 08:31:08 AM »

DR Ron, get better already!!!

DR elmore, good luck with your accountant today!

DR Dan (the Man) vibes this is a short lived cold!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2009, 08:31:41 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I'm hydrating - gotta "love" that radiator heat.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2009, 08:33:24 AM »

But at least the heat is working.  Again.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2009, 08:33:28 AM »

GREAT NEWS DR VIXMOM!!  It is so very good to hear your tumor is shrinking!!

Endurance vibes as you continue to cope with the side effects, and vibes you make it through this with your job intact!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2009, 08:34:45 AM »

So anyway....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2009, 08:35:16 AM »

Good news from DR VIXMOM!!!

Ginny

« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2009, 08:35:27 AM »

Yes it took some time for my PERF to start.....but then I didn't start the paper work until the day after they "retired" me.

That's reassuring, DR JRand.  Of course, the folks in Columbus have had 4 months to "process" my application...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2009, 08:36:12 AM »

And you will get all of the months owed you on your first check when it finally arrives.

Yes, they told me that this morning.

Jane

« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2009, 08:38:38 AM »

Thank you DRs Laura & Dan (the Man). 

I’m very pleased to say I have a 10:00 appointment.  When my primary physician left the practice last year, right after my check up, I wisely filled out the paperwork for a new Internist in town.  Oddly enough I haven’t had a need to see her until now.  The office wanted to give me a new patient visit at 3:00 which I highly protested.  Once she realized I was all registered, to my great relief, I got the 10:00 AM slot.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Up