Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: SUNDAY - A DAY OF NO REST  (Read 28541 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: SUNDAY - A DAY OF NO REST
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2009, 09:40:44 AM »

So... I guess I'll finally "surprise" my parents today.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2009, 09:42:06 AM »

Hello, everyone.

Speaking of no rest on Sunday, well, that's me, too. Matt keeps telling me it's the 11th hour; I insist it's not quite, but the truth is that there's still a lot to do to get ready for the movers.

Jane, the gas company gave no explanation--the rep I spoke to was quite useless (yes, TCB, it is USELESS this time!)--so I checked the website. I keep thinking I'm the owner of this house--I forget I'm just a renter now. That may make a difference. Perhaps the buyers, ie the NEW owners, call they'll get different treatment. After all, if you're leaving the state on Monday, just HOW are you supposed to be there all day on Tuesday to let them in??? One must keep one's sense of humor, after all.

MBarnum

« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2009, 09:42:34 AM »

Another one gone. Don Galloway, who played Det. Sgt Ed Brown on tv's IRONSIDE passed away on Thursday in Reno, Nv. He was 71.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2009, 09:43:27 AM »

PAGE FOUR MACARON DANCE!!!!!

*Lemon Confit/Chocolate, Coconut/White Chocolate
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2009, 09:43:40 AM »

Welcome back to MattH! Glad you have HHW and all other Internet access again.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2009, 09:45:27 AM »

*And, yes, DR Edisaurus, those are from you-know-where.

**And I believe my monkey may have have liked them too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2009, 09:50:49 AM »

Hello, everyone.

Speaking of no rest on Sunday, well, that's me, too. Matt keeps telling me it's the 11th hour; I insist it's not quite, but the truth is that there's still a lot to do to get ready for the movers.

Jane, the gas company gave no explanation--the rep I spoke to was quite useless (yes, TCB, it is USELESS this time!)--so I checked the website. I keep thinking I'm the owner of this house--I forget I'm just a renter now. That may make a difference. Perhaps the buyers, ie the NEW owners, call they'll get different treatment. After all, if you're leaving the state on Monday, just HOW are you supposed to be there all day on Tuesday to let them in??? One must keep one's sense of humor, after all.

DR Jeanne - You're leaving the state on Monday?  As in tomorrow?!?!?

*Do you happen to know if the new owners will be using the same utility companies? -Although, I suspect they have no choice in the matter.  I'm pretty sure that if they call and request new service, then it's "simply" a matter of changing the billing.  It sounds like the gas company is assuming that the premises will be vacated and that no gas service will be needed until further notice. -Then they would need someone there to let them into the house to insure that any gas connections inside the house are turned off. You may end up saving the gas company a service call - as well as the new owners a few days without gas service - if you "suggest" to the new owners that they get their utilities set up before the move in (that is, of course, if they haven't done so already).
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2009, 09:51:00 AM »

Thanks for the warning about Mercury retrograde, JRand. I've learned to take these things seriously. Of COURSE I'll be travelling during this one! I'll try to bring lots of patience with me.

No-problem vibes to all H/Ks!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2009, 09:51:43 AM »

Back to the packing for this kid.

TTFN.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2009, 09:59:50 AM »

Hello, everyone.

DR Jeanne - You're leaving the state on Monday?  As in tomorrow?!?!?

*Do you happen to know if the new owners will be using the same utility companies? -Although, I suspect they have no choice in the matter.  I'm pretty sure that if they call and request new service, then it's "simply" a matter of changing the billing.  It sounds like the gas company is assuming that the premises will be vacated and that no gas service will be needed until further notice. -Then they would need someone there to let them into the house to insure that any gas connections inside the house are turned off. You may end up saving the gas company a service call - as well as the new owners a few days without gas service - if you "suggest" to the new owners that they get their utilities set up before the move in (that is, of course, if they haven't done so already).

No, Jose, not tomorrow. I've got a couple weeks left. I rearrranged my plans so the move wouldn't fall on Inauguration Day. Given the bridge and road closings, I think it might be quite impossible to get anywhere then.

Yes, the new owners will be using the same gas company. They asked me for the phone numbers of various utility companies so they can make the arrangements, so they are on top of things that way. We also agreed to not turn the uts off--just change the name. I suspect, like you said, the rep was assuming that the place would be vacant or something. I'll call tomorrow; it may be a simple matter to clear up--but with another rep. I could get nowhere with the one I spoke to.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2009, 10:02:28 AM »

DR Jeanne, have you found a place to move to or will you initially stay with friends?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2009, 10:02:35 AM »

More fun to be posting than packing. But pack I must.

Bye.

Jane

« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2009, 10:03:20 AM »

DR Jose, I see pretty macaroons but I don't see a special monkey with them ;)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2009, 10:03:45 AM »

DR Jeanne, have you found a place to move to or will you initially stay with friends?

I'll be staying with friends, Jane. Too difficult to house-hunt long-distance!

Jane

« Reply #104 on: January 11, 2009, 10:04:17 AM »

Good & I'm glad you saw my post before leaving :)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2009, 10:05:23 AM »

Bye for real now.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2009, 10:06:14 AM »

DR Jose, I see pretty macaroons but I don't see a special monkey with them ;)

Click, click, click.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2009, 10:09:00 AM »

Yes, we have no bananas.

We have no bananas today.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2009, 10:09:12 AM »

TCB - Wanted to check if you saw my post last night on $35 hotel rooms in March (at Imperial palace) and at times $59 in March (at the wonderful - IMHO - Bally's) right in the middle of the strip.

Yes, FJL, I did.  Thank you.  I had a friend who stayed at the Imperial Palace, and he said the only thing older than the hotel were the bedbugs, the cockroaches, and the staff.  LOL.

Actually, I don't want to be on the Strip, which is why I thought it would be cheaper.  My friends live in Henderson.  The Sunset Station, is near their house and is a very nice resort.  In November they had some $28.00 rooms, so I was hoping for the same.  Apparently, once you get past the 15th of March, you get into Spring Break time.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2009, 10:09:15 AM »

Jose's monkey saw to THAT!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2009, 10:10:57 AM »

I'm feeling much more optimistic today about being at the tail end of the "end" of my cold.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and will continue to be careful.

I've got some energy today, though.  Don't know whether to apply it or simply hold it in reserve.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2009, 10:12:15 AM »

How does he eat, when he has no mouth?
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2009, 10:12:45 AM »

DR Jeanne:  Please refresh my memory.  Even though your profile locates you in Culver City,  I'm trying to place you somewhere in Virginia (especially with that reference to the Inauguration).

To which state will you be moving?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2009, 10:15:05 AM »

What was it that the Wizard of Oz said to Scarecrow when he asked for  brains...something about how many folks run around talking about all kinds of stuff and had no more brains than Scarecrow did?  Perhaps that's how Monkey eats....no perceptible means of food intake, but perhaps it's the sheer will of wanting the food that allows him to consume it.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2009, 10:19:26 AM »

What was it that the Wizard of Oz said to Scarecrow when he asked for  brains...something about how many folks run around talking about all kinds of stuff and had no more brains than Scarecrow did?  Perhaps that's how Monkey eats....no perceptible means of food intake, but perhaps it's the sheer will of wanting the food that allows him to consume it.

Probably a strong possibility, Ron.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2009, 10:19:39 AM »

DR Ron is the weather nice today?  If so I suggest an easy walk, even two short ones, & then more rest.  I'm glad you are finally feeling better.

Ben

« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2009, 10:19:55 AM »

Welcome back to Matt H!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2009, 10:20:35 AM »

So, no workarounds for this revolting Photobucket problem?

Ben

« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2009, 10:21:27 AM »

Miss Karen, George pretty much explained staying logged in but there is also the issue of your browser preferences. This may be Dutch to you but if you have your browser set to clear your caches including all cookies when you close down your browser, the cookie set by HHW to keep you logged in will be gone and you will have to log in again when you come back to the site. Just keep that in mind.

FJL

« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2009, 10:28:59 AM »

I guess that reputation explains the low prices at the Imperial palace. 

But after staying at Bally's, I can't figure out the low low prices available at times there, unless it's just that Bally's is a very nice well-run hotel without an exotic theme.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up