Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: CLOCHE HAT AND BABY BUNTING  (Read 9588 times)

Jennifer

Re: CLOCHE HAT AND BABY BUNTING
« Reply #150 on: December 20, 2011, 06:24:33 PM »

DR Jane, my mom had not bought me a kindle. IT was such an awkward topic to bring up. So i just asked how come she hadn't asked me what i wanted. And she replied that she knew i always like to choose my own things. And that there would be more sales on Boxing Day.  I told her about winning the kindle and before that had asked if she had gotten me anything as a surprise. So i think we're good. :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #151 on: December 20, 2011, 06:28:58 PM »

Seriously Cilla, I am greatly relieved that  your parents are safe.  It is  frightening to think they could have lost everyting had they not been home when the lamp blew.  Best vibes to you and your parents.

Well, Samantha told me a lot more than anyone else did.  She said the smoke was so thick in the house she couldn't tell what was on fire.  Then mom and dad wouldn't leave the house even though the smoke was thick.  I am very glad I'm going up on Friday.  it's hard because i have some really big things happening at work. So I'm going to really try to focus for the next two days and get a number of motions done and research done.  I'll probably be taking some work home.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #152 on: December 20, 2011, 06:52:50 PM »

Lord, when does this supposed vacation begin??? 
Amen to that. I just spent way too much time rewriting a paper I had already turned in.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #153 on: December 20, 2011, 06:57:06 PM »

Day 7: Lawse, yes...I have a parent with memory issues.  Primarily, I was told that I would be doing all the driving this year and that "she" (i.e. my mom) would say nothing.  The gist here is that my mom hates riding with other people.  When she does, there is an onslaught of expressions, breath intakes, warnings, second-guessings of the driver's capacity to read road signs or recognize traffic lights.  In short, it' s nervewracking unless she  refrains from said behavior.

All of that said, she has not yet kept her promise.  In point of fact, I daresay she' s incapable of doing same until she is prepared to relinquish " control".

Sigh.

Today was meant to be simple:  We were going to CostCo in Augusta GA, followed by a trip to the Augusta Mall.  The reason was that we decided to forgo our annual drive to Greenville SC.  That decision was mine following Day 6's  annual drive to Spartanburg SC to visit our cousin, Dot, have lunch at Wade's, and to make a trip to a cemetery to place holiday flowers on the graves of my grandparents and great grandparents.  It was nervewracking.  Nothing happened...no near-incidents...just comments about my speed (I was driving too fast even though I was under the speed limit). My stops were too abrupt, my starts were too fast, my lane changes were not what they should be, etc.  There was no way I was going through that again today, or so I thought.

Sigh.

Day 5 was Sunday and I drove only a couple of miles with no comments.

So, today was a rough one and completely unenjoyable.  I am going nowhere else that involves me driving longer than 10 minutes.  I hope the remainder of my stay is uneventful by comparison.

Patience and vibes that it will be much more pleasant with your mom for the rest of the trip.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #154 on: December 20, 2011, 06:58:02 PM »

Time for "The Bishop's Wife." Love it.
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #155 on: December 20, 2011, 06:59:55 PM »

Happy Hanukkah to those who celebrate!

Ditto!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #156 on: December 20, 2011, 07:18:36 PM »

Happy Hannukkah!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #157 on: December 20, 2011, 07:19:51 PM »

DR Jane, my mom had not bought me a kindle. IT was such an awkward topic to bring up. So i just asked how come she hadn't asked me what i wanted. And she replied that she knew i always like to choose my own things. And that there would be more sales on Boxing Day.  I told her about winning the kindle and before that had asked if she had gotten me anything as a surprise. So i think we're good. :)

:)

Jane

« Reply #158 on: December 20, 2011, 07:21:05 PM »

Seriously Cilla, I am greatly relieved that  your parents are safe.  It is  frightening to think they could have lost everyting had they not been home when the lamp blew.  Best vibes to you and your parents.

Well, Samantha told me a lot more than anyone else did.  She said the smoke was so thick in the house she couldn't tell what was on fire.  Then mom and dad wouldn't leave the house even though the smoke was thick.  I am very glad I'm going up on Friday.  it's hard because i have some really big things happening at work. So I'm going to really try to focus for the next two days and get a number of motions done and research done.  I'll probably be taking some work home.

Not good they wouldn't leave the house.  Good for Samantha & good you were on the phone so you could call your brother!!!

Jane

« Reply #159 on: December 20, 2011, 07:21:27 PM »

The original I presume. :D

Ginny

« Reply #160 on: December 20, 2011, 07:26:00 PM »

Our delightful afternoon/evening was marred by something really stupid on my part.  With some birthday money from my Mom, I'd bought a cute new pair of gloves and wore them today to show to her.  They must have been in my lap when I jumped out of the car at a red light in front of the Schuster Center box office.  I went in and bought 3 fabulous seats for the Feb. 4 matinee of JERSEY BOYS, one of which is Mom's Christmas present.  We made a couple of other stops after Richard picked me up and we were on our way to Mom's when I realized that my gloves were gone.  I told her nothing, of course, and will go to Target tomorrow to try to replace them.  This is the second pair of gloves I've lost this way recently.  Arrgggh!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

« Reply #161 on: December 20, 2011, 07:41:02 PM »

I did the same exact thing last winter and lost my favorite pair of red gloves  -  I hope you have better luck finding replacemetns than I have

vixmom

« Reply #162 on: December 20, 2011, 07:41:28 PM »

I still have written ZERO Christmas cards so........

vixmom

« Reply #163 on: December 20, 2011, 07:41:38 PM »

good night

Ginny

« Reply #164 on: December 20, 2011, 07:47:14 PM »

I still have written ZERO Christmas cards so........

We're tied!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #165 on: December 20, 2011, 07:56:37 PM »

'night!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #166 on: December 20, 2011, 08:41:57 PM »

Good Evening!

The two presentations at Westminster Canterbury went very well. -And the Theatre there was quite impressive: full lighting grid and board, sound system, dressing rooms, green room. And the two Steinway baby grands were very nice too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #167 on: December 20, 2011, 08:46:18 PM »

And I guess I should start getting ready for today's "condensed" presentations of MY FAIR LADY. We'll be taking the show on the road to Westminster Canterbury, which is an assisted living/retirement community here in Richmond. In fact, the actress playing Mrs. Higgins is a resident there. They have a nice auditorium there and two pianos (I hope), and we will be presenting a "greatest hits" one hour version of the show. They will also be providing us with dinner between shows, which, if the food quality has not gone down since the last time I ate there, should be quite delicious. The complex not only has the standard food service kitchens and dining halls, but it also has its own restaurant.

Prunes for dessert?

Actually, we had fresh fruit (honeydew, cantaloupe, strawberries and pineapple) and some surprisingly very delicious brownies.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #168 on: December 20, 2011, 08:47:07 PM »

And...

Frankly...

I'm already tired and sleepy.  And I have two full shows tomorrow, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

« Reply #169 on: December 20, 2011, 08:48:21 PM »

The original I presume. :D
Oh, yeah. Not that horror of a remake.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #170 on: December 20, 2011, 08:48:45 PM »

And...

Frankly...

I'm already tired and sleepy.  And I have two full shows tomorrow, so...

Goodnight.
Guess you're not dancing all night tonight.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: December 20, 2011, 10:17:05 PM »

The darling daughter doesn't have a lot of dough, so this year she made me two cherry loaves - based on a recipe of her Aunt Jean - something I used to absolutely go bonkers for every Christmas during the married years.  Aunt Jean still made me a cherry loaf every year for about five years even after the deevorce but I haven't had one in twenty-six years.  I just had a piece now and I have just sent my daughter a text (which I did by speaking into my phone "Send Jennifer a text" which it promptly did as I dictated it) - "Cherry loaf - best present ever - eating it now".

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #172 on: December 20, 2011, 10:48:47 PM »

;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #173 on: December 20, 2011, 10:52:25 PM »

Just had a few minutes to myself.

Must now go to sleep.

;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #174 on: December 20, 2011, 10:52:45 PM »

Night everyone.

Vibes.

:)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up