Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: A PIECE OF MAHLER'S  (Read 12987 times)

Michael

Re: A PIECE OF MAHLER'S
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2011, 02:19:20 PM »

i was one of the few people who saw The Goodbye Girl (Broadway Version) I know they had a lot of problems

1) They had problems with the opening. The Bernadette Peters character was not likeable and the had to make her sympathetic. I don't think they ever solved this.

2) The book was not the funny. Really a misfire for Simon. Except for one scene where the audience was laughing do hard it was hard to hear the dialogue, It was the exercise class and the instuctor was doing a wicked imitation of Richard Simmons.

4) Martin Shorrt was far better that Bernadette Peters which I understand cause friction if you believe what was said in

The show was revamped for London They dump the lyrics by David Zippel as if that ws the prohlem
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2011, 02:20:03 PM »

And Tammy Minoff was in the show too
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2011, 02:42:49 PM »

Darn. Still no "Gone with the Wind" in the mail.

Drop me a line and I'll check out the delivery confirmation status - that's the best part of our new postage system - everything is very easy to check.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2011, 02:44:38 PM »

Back from errands and whatnot and picked up one package and no important envelope - of course the holiday may have slowed postal deliveries and package deliveries, so hopefully all will arrive tomorrow.

Michael

« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2011, 02:48:00 PM »

Here is Charlie Sheen's reaction to the announcement that his show has been canceled for the rest of the season:

"What does this say about Haim Levine [Chuck Lorre] after he tried to use his words to judge and attempt to degrade me. I gracefully ignored this folly for 177 shows ... I fire back once and this contaminated little maggot can't handle my power and can't handle the truth. I wish him nothing but pain in his silly travels especially if they wind up in my octagon. Clearly I have defeated this earthworm with my words -- imagine what I would have done with my fire breathing fists. I urge all my beautiful and loyal fans who embraced this show for almost a decade to walk with me side-by-side as we march up the steps of justice to right this unconscionable wrong.

"Remember these are my people ... not yours...we will continue on together..."

Talk about throwing fuel on a fire...

:(

Why can't I be a wealthy bitch instead of a poor one?

From you lips...

;)

I find it interesting that he used Chuck Lorre's real name. Obviously Jewish. I wonder if he was making a commen on his religion as a reason why the show was finished for th rest of the season.

Also Charlie Sheen suffers from a disease that can be put in remission but never cured. I know he has had a lot of chances. But perhaps they should look at it that way.

Not only is Sheen being punished but the rest of the cast and the behind the scenes people too. In the past major characters have been written out for a short time to recover from contract disputes and recovery. Carroll O'Connor and Matthew Perry come to mind. They could write out Sheen by having him go to Betty Ford or some place like that

I guess I wasn't the only one who picked up on this. The Anti-Defamation picked up on this too.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni8046698/
Never stop dreaming.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2011, 03:21:47 PM »

Here is Charlie Sheen's reaction to the announcement that his show has been canceled for the rest of the season:

"What does this say about Haim Levine [Chuck Lorre] after he tried to use his words to judge and attempt to degrade me. I gracefully ignored this folly for 177 shows ... I fire back once and this contaminated little maggot can't handle my power and can't handle the truth. I wish him nothing but pain in his silly travels especially if they wind up in my octagon. Clearly I have defeated this earthworm with my words -- imagine what I would have done with my fire breathing fists. I urge all my beautiful and loyal fans who embraced this show for almost a decade to walk with me side-by-side as we march up the steps of justice to right this unconscionable wrong.

From you lips...

;)

I find it interesting that he used Chuck Lorre's real name. Obviously Jewish. I wonder if he was making a commen on his religion as a reason why the show was finished for th rest of the season.

Also Charlie Sheen suffers from a disease that can be put in remission but never cured. I know he has had a lot of chances. But perhaps they should look at it that way.

Not only is Sheen being punished but the rest of the cast and the behind the scenes people too. In the past major characters have been written out for a short time to recover from contract disputes and recovery. Carroll O'Connor and Matthew Perry come to mind. They could write out Sheen by having him go to Betty Ford or some place like that

Chuck Lorre's birth name is Charles Michael Levine, not Haim, or even Chaim (which was quoted in THIS article that I read).
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Laura

« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2011, 03:43:24 PM »

Well, I guess if things happen in threes, I got the third one. Jury summonses, that is.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2011, 03:43:34 PM »

The rest of you should be safe.

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2011, 03:47:02 PM »

Shouldn't Hot Chocolate Festival Day be  a national holiday?
and it should last at least a month

Cillaliz

« Reply #129 on: February 25, 2011, 03:51:38 PM »

Dang. I got ANOTHER jury summons.

Maybe it will be about cement!

Cillaliz

« Reply #130 on: February 25, 2011, 03:54:11 PM »

Oh, by the way, I am sure the guy is guilty. Of whatever.

That won't get you off a jury...it's when you say you have a belief against judging other people and couldn't possibly pass judgment against the defendant that you are struck

Cillaliz

« Reply #131 on: February 25, 2011, 03:54:55 PM »

It is a justice court, so I think it will end up being canceled anyway. Unless it is a DUI.

Scottsdale or Northeast Phoenix?   I got married at Northeast Phoenix Justice Court

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #132 on: February 25, 2011, 03:56:02 PM »

My left shoulder has been bothering me. Not sure what to do about it.  It's been bothering me slightly for a few weeks. But this monday at swimming it actually got uncomfortable.

I've tried a heating pad and icing it. But now it feels worse than before. :(

Is there a heat whirlpool where you swim?  If so you might find it helpful.  What strokes do you swim?  Switching what you do might also make a difference.

SHOULDER VIBES!!!

No there is no whirlpool. I mostly do front crawl. That is the stroke that was hurting my shoulder. So i did back kick with a flutterboard under my head (so i don't have to use my arms). And just using the flutterboard on my front (don't have to use my arms). But if there are others swimming those aren't really fast enough to be in the fast lane.

Try the breast stroke next time.  When I do the crawl stroke, my favorite, I only go all the way over with my left arm.  With my right I only go straight forward and back with my arm under the water the entire time.  Also wash your hair only using your good arm until the sore one feels better.

I'm impressed you can stay on a flutterboard without using your arms.

Laura

« Reply #133 on: February 25, 2011, 03:57:33 PM »

It's in Chandler. CHANDLER! That is a loooooong ways away from me. I can't even take the new light rail. Heck, I can't even take a bus.

Cillaliz

« Reply #134 on: February 25, 2011, 04:01:18 PM »

It's in Chandler. CHANDLER! That is a loooooong ways away from me. I can't even take the new light rail. Heck, I can't even take a bus.
CHANDLER??? How can you get a summons for Chandler?

Cillaliz

« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2011, 04:02:09 PM »

Don't you have to live in the district?

Laura

« Reply #136 on: February 25, 2011, 04:02:51 PM »

I can be called anywhere in the county. Once it was Surprise.

Jane

« Reply #137 on: February 25, 2011, 04:05:49 PM »

From you lips...

;)

True he suffers from a very sad disease.  The problem is he seems to get extremely mean as a result and I imagine coping with him makes it difficult for his bosses to stay compassionate when they are paying him an obscene about of money to show up and do his job.

I like the idea of having him go to Betty Ford, especially if he really did it.  We stopped watching a long time ago as the plots seem to be the same.  Do you really think the show can be done well without his character?

Laura

« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2011, 04:06:02 PM »

Oh, by the way, I am sure the guy is guilty. Of whatever.

That won't get you off a jury...it's when you say you have a belief against judging other people and couldn't possibly pass judgment against the defendant that you are struck

I'm not trying to get out of jury duty. I am just saying the guy is guilty. I'm sure of it.

Laura

« Reply #139 on: February 25, 2011, 04:06:31 PM »

Of course, Wickenburg would have been worse, I guess.

Jane

« Reply #140 on: February 25, 2011, 04:09:58 PM »

From you lips...

;)

I guess I wasn't the only one who picked up on this. The Anti-Defamation picked up on this too.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni8046698/

DR Druxy picked up on it when he first commented.  Another example Sheen is off the was since he was born Carlos Irwin Estévez.  He definitely needs help.

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: February 25, 2011, 04:11:09 PM »

That was a Surprise all right

Cillaliz

« Reply #142 on: February 25, 2011, 04:11:58 PM »

Of course, Wickenburg would have been worse, I guess.

Lol, I used to hear stories about Wickenburg justice court from the lawyers who worked there

Jane

« Reply #143 on: February 25, 2011, 04:12:18 PM »

From you lips...

;)

Chuck Lorre's birth name is Charles Michael Levine, not Haim, or even Chaim (which was quoted in THIS article that I read).

Thank you.  I had meant to double check that.

Cillaliz

« Reply #144 on: February 25, 2011, 04:13:34 PM »

I have a chance to go a fundraising charity Oscar event at the movie theater and an Oscar party a few blocks from home.  So far I'm planning to be in BKs living room instead :)

Jane

« Reply #145 on: February 25, 2011, 04:13:44 PM »

Wow!  How far can they make you travel?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #146 on: February 25, 2011, 04:15:43 PM »

Wow!  How far can they make you travel?

Probably as far as they want.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Laura

« Reply #147 on: February 25, 2011, 04:21:29 PM »

Anywhere in the county, I believe. And we have big counties.

Ginny

« Reply #148 on: February 25, 2011, 05:04:14 PM »

The hits just keep coming around here - our 2.5 year old HDTV went wiggy.

I'll probably get a jury summons tomorrow...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #149 on: February 25, 2011, 05:38:53 PM »

Anywhere in the county, I believe. And we have big counties.

I remember Keith's cousin in Nevada had to drive at least two hours each way. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up