Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: CHRISTMAS BABBLE ON  (Read 36105 times)

Michael

Re:CHRISTMAS BABBLE ON
« Reply #60 on: December 25, 2003, 11:49:22 AM »

Are there any solo pictures of Vinnie so I can put them on Vinnie's very own web page???
Never stop dreaming.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #61 on: December 25, 2003, 11:52:46 AM »

I've been up for about an hour and a half and it's now time for me to take a shower.  After that I will put on some clothes appropriate for the weather:  it's raining (well, it sounds like it...I haven't opened my windows yet).  Then I will go to my sister's for some cinnamon roll french toast.  Talk about yummers!  She gets Cinnabon (I'm not sure of the spelling) cinnamon rolls with the frosting on the side.  She slices them horizontally and makes french toast with the slices.  THEN we put the frosting on the hot cinnamon roll french toast.  They are very, very, very (that's three verys) rich!  It's a good thing that I only have them once a year! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #62 on: December 25, 2003, 12:07:32 PM »

Before I go, here's a fun Christmas Party game.  Guess the Real Titles to these
FRACTURED CHRISTMAS SONG TITLES
(I'll post the answers a little later):

1.  Albino Festival
2.  U. S. Triplet Rules
3.  K. O. the Corridor
4.  Zero Holiday Conifer
5.  Iced Heroin Dealer
6.  Seasonal Eden
7.  Catchy Alarms
8.  Valentino is a Rosy-schnozzed Ruminant
9.  Zero-Decibel Darkness
10. Wee Tom-tom Tot
11. A Miniscule Metropolis of Steel
12. Flashy Southerners
13. Hey-man, the Tribune Fairies Harmonize
14. Lord Pause You Frivolous, Officers
15. ABCDEFGHIJKMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
16. I Eyeballed the Old Lady Smoochin’ with Fuzz Face
17. What I Really Need at the End of a Year is a Set of New Dentures
18. Detergent in the Galaxy
19. Trunk Legumes Cooking on the Coleman
20. Auto-eroticate and Wed a Tiny Noel
21. Jelly Belly’s Making the Metropolis
22. The Arrival Was at the Stroke of Twelve Naturally
23. Jovial Elderly Beautiful Fat Man
24. Troika Tour
25. Things Initiating the Resemblance of a Festival
26. Bridging the Gap and Tunneling the Trees
27. Are We Both Getting the Same Vibes
28. No Swiss Cheese Noontime
29. Knobs Deliverer
30. Kling Klang Stone
31. Game Scene

It's a lot of fun when you have a whole bunch of (sometimes tipsy) people comparing guesses.  It's not as easy as it seems even when sober. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #63 on: December 25, 2003, 12:13:26 PM »

Yes, there are television shows today that STRIVE to be funny.  There are "stars" who have television shows who think they are funny.  There are "writers" who can't let one story carry a half hour show - they need at least two and sometimes three.

Groucho Marx sat behind a microphone smoking a cigar and talking to two people from the audience - and was funnier than all those other "stars" and "writers" and Calvin Coolidge....put together!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Andrea

« Reply #64 on: December 25, 2003, 12:28:56 PM »

Well Merry Christmas everyone!

We're having the usual type of christmas at my place. My dad is unhappy cause we didn't get him his scotch (which he can't drink anyway because of his medication), my brother didn't get enough (despite the fact that he got really expensive stuff a few weeks before christmas and is getting his own apartment for when he goes to law school), my mom is thrilled, and I am amazed at how well my family doesn't know me.

Let's see, my dad got two new pairs of pants(Gap), a new sweater (Gap), a bottle of wine, two new caps, a tie, and a key chain.

My brother recieved a new cd, a new shirt (Club Monaco), a hairdryer (my brother is what can be termed a metrosexual), a new book and loads of stuff for his car and computer a few weeks before.

My mom recieved a hat/scarf/mittens set from my brother, Neiges perfume from me/my father, and I got her a mug, as well as two camisoles and a scarf.

I got socks (yeah!), a mcgill hoodie (yeah! I picked it myself), mcgill gym shorts (ditto), two necklaces (returning saturday-- I really don't know what my mom was thinking), a watch from my brother (in the complete opposite style of every watch I've ever worn (??!?) and flowered flannel pjs. Yup, flowered flannel pjs. My mom knew she'd return those so she didn't even bother taking off the tags!

And in an interesting christmas twist, Mr. CYGOPP (or Cyclops) has just given me all his NYC numbers and told me to give him a call and we'd hang out. Oh my oh my oh my!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: December 25, 2003, 12:34:32 PM »

I'm trying to decide whether to make the trek over the hill to Nick's house.  It's really pouring here and there are just too many loons who are either drunk or on their cell phones and taking the freeways are like asking for trouble.  I'll decide in the next hour or so.  

Let's hear about more presents, shall we?  I got a magnetic dart board.  I got a book with pictures of 1,000 record album covers (great book!), I got candy galore, I got a Felix the Cat clock (or maybe it's not the actual Felix but just a clever recreation).

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #66 on: December 25, 2003, 12:36:40 PM »

THEY SHALL HAVE MUSIC!

Well, one of our best Christmas presents, if not the best present, was the treasure-trove of music Mr. Kimmel laid on us.  Oh, how you must have laughed last night, Mr. Kimmel, when looking at the artwork (of Mr. Tony Walton, I realized today) I said, "Yes, I think we have the album that artwork was made for, I think it's on the Unsung Sondheim."  No, it was on the Unsung Berlin, which we did not have!  Nor did we have the Ultimate Lost In Boston nor the album of NIGHT OF THE HUNTER, which we are looking forward to listening to, since we are both Claibe Richardson fans.  We love LOLA and GRASS HARP.  

But of all these wonders, maybe my favourite is Guy Haines, A WONDERFUL GUY...a collection of Mr. Haines,who sings his five or six notes that he likes to sing really well and always touches me.  His sensitive and smart song selections touch me even more, but maybe credit for that goes to his inimitable producer.  Anyway, we shall have a very tuneful Christmas.  Thanks so much for the riches, Mr. Kimmel, and again for the swell partay!

Other notable gifts...Santa's Ho! Ho! Ho! gift for the Pogues this year was a five-DVD set of the American Film Theatre...with such gems as Butley, Luther, The Maids, Rhinocerous, and The Iceman Cometh.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: December 25, 2003, 12:39:10 PM »

Oh, and from the Pogues I got an incredible original one-sheet poster for - The Fly!  That is, Mr. Pogue's The Fly, the only Fly worth talking about, really - in the grand scheme of Fly things.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #68 on: December 25, 2003, 12:40:26 PM »

I received some lovely scented candles from my son, a set of leopard-spotted dishes from my daughter, and a 5-day trip to California/Nevada and shows galore. We saw Plaid Tidings, A Really Big Shew, and Scrooge.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: December 25, 2003, 12:44:16 PM »

Oh, and dear readers Noel and Joy gave me their CD from their wedding.

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #70 on: December 25, 2003, 12:50:49 PM »

BK--I love all the party pics!  It sounds like a mahhhvelous party!

Five more days til the Golddiggers of 2004 trip, hehe!

Well Merry Christmas everyone!

And in an interesting christmas twist, Mr. CYGOPP (or Cyclops) has just given me all his NYC numbers and told me to give him a call and we'd hang out. Oh my oh my oh my!

Oh my indeed...the drama of it all...as long as you don't ditch us for CYGOPP in NYC, Andrea!

I got mostly money for Christmas, but also the Wicked OCR, a calendar of Paris street scenes, and a huuuge CD wallet, which I had really needed.  I may be going to see Peter Pan later...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: December 25, 2003, 12:54:09 PM »

Let us know how Pan is.  A friend of mine coached the kids in their acting.

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #72 on: December 25, 2003, 12:59:55 PM »

Oh, I will, BK!  

It's all about the Jason Isaacs for me though, hehe.

Charles Pogue

« Reply #73 on: December 25, 2003, 01:42:37 PM »

Maya,  Jason Isaacs was a pretty good friend of mine and Julieanne's, when he was in my movie, Dragonheart. (we both hated the director!)  We used to see each other and go out to dinner together whenever we were in London or he was over here with then girlfriend- now wife, Emma.  Unfortunately, over the past few years we seem to have drifted apart and we don't hear much from him anymore...but he has been very busy and is now married and has a child.  Alas these things happen in the show biz life...but we continue to have fond feelings for him and are still his biggest fans.  We're delighted with his success and glad to hear he's terrific in Peter Pan.

Andrea

« Reply #74 on: December 25, 2003, 01:53:28 PM »

BK--I love all the party pics!  It sounds like a mahhhvelous party!

Five more days til the Golddiggers of 2004 trip, hehe!Oh my indeed...the drama of it all...as long as you don't ditch us for CYGOPP in NYC, Andrea!

Nonsense! CYGOPP isn't rich enough for our Golddigger's Trip!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #75 on: December 25, 2003, 01:57:35 PM »

Mele Kalikimaka!  
Or Merry Christmas :)
My first christmas away from the bosom of my family.  It was kinda fun.  Lots of presents and food...way too much food...gonna have to use supreme discipline to lose what I've gained.
I got Finding Nemo from Tiana, that made me very happy.  
We're off to take a walk and try to burn off some of the Christmas calories

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: December 25, 2003, 02:30:12 PM »

It is POURING rain here.  I like it, actually.  The streets seem to be totally flooded (I just took a five-minute jaunt to check it out), but thankfully there aren't many cars on them.  Back to High Sierra.  More Christmas presents posts please.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #77 on: December 25, 2003, 02:33:42 PM »

Holiday Greetings from Fairfax, VA!

The drive up from Richmond was quite uneventful - thankfully - although there were quite a few other Christmas Day travellers on 95 with me.  -Even the traffic reporter was surprised there were so many cars out on the roads.  Well, mine is now off the roads, so that should help.  It did take me a while to get myself and my stuff together before I headed up.  At the semi-last moment, I decided to take a few bags of my cooking - and cookie - supplies with me - especially my good cookie sheets and parchment paper.  I won't be back in Richhmond until after the New Year, so I thought I might as well be prepared if the mood hits me - and I'm sure it will.

When I arrived back at my parents house, my parents were still out doing their Christmas Day rounds.  My sister-in-law was in the kitchen cooking up a storm - she's making some traditional Puerto Rican dishes - arroz gandules, tostones, and some sort of pumpkin fritter.  YUM!  My brother, Mike, is in the backyard right now deep-frying another turkey - and he's vowed not to overcook it this time.  It wasn't too bad last time, but he's striving for perfection.  I've been putting stuff away, assisting in the kitchen when I can, and washing dishes.  OH!  And I actually held my niece, Alyssa, for about five minutes, and she did NOT cry!  Hallelujah!  That truly has to be the best Christmas present ever!

As for the other Christmas presents, we're all waiting for tonight.  I figured the kids would have ripped into all of theirs by now, but they've just opened a few.  My whole family will be at the dinner table in just a few - my parents, the four boys (myself and my three brothers, two nieces, one nephew and a sister-in-law.  -And, no, my true love did not deliver those to my doorstep. ;)  The big unwrapping will occur after dinner.  I spied a few more packages under the tree with my name on them.. hmm...  But this Christmas - like last years and the years to come - belongs to the children.  It's gonna get crazy!

Well, time for me to put my red sweater on...  See you after the feast!
Make Your Own Luck.

Charles Pogue

« Reply #78 on: December 25, 2003, 02:38:35 PM »

BK, I too am enjoying the downpour.  I only wish I didn't have to go out in it in about another hour.  I'd rather throw another  Duraflame on the fire and stay in my pajamas and listen to our plethora of tunes or watch one of our DVDs.

But we must go to a dinner.  Ah, well...

Tomovoz

« Reply #79 on: December 25, 2003, 02:50:47 PM »

My Christmas day was spend away from my partner Colin - we are used to it! I left at 8.00 am for my round of visiting friends in Nursing homes and others. I left Colin home with the dogs - he was not expected to be at his Stepmother's house until midday. He spent the time watching the DVD of "Chess" - Swedish production. My christmas present to him. He loved the production of the show - there are certainly major rewrites and a few songs are shifted or are new. "One Night In Bangkok" is sung in English but the rest of the show is very much in Swedish. Colin's of course does not get much beyond Ikea in his knowledge of Swedish. I am looking forward to seeing it myself.
 My own special present was from my niece. Photos of her daughter Juliette (nearly one) wearing crocheted clothing made by her grandmother. My mother did not live to see her grand-daughter Juliette but had made the clothing in "anticipation". The effect of the photo on me was I guess somewhat predictable - with a house full of strangers (my niece's partner's family) it was a good time to escape to put a few things in the car before I became too teary.

I hope everyone is having a day filled with love and wonderful memories.  
« Last Edit: December 25, 2003, 04:33:36 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jennifer

« Reply #80 on: December 25, 2003, 02:57:40 PM »

We had lots of rain last night!  I much prefer it to snow. But it did not make for a fun time trying to get the gifts out of the car.

I had a wonderful surprise today. My sister's husband's sister (the one who lives with her husband and two kids in Nanuvut) called to report on the kids opening their gifts (i had bought them all and mailed them to her).

They are 3 and 8 and still believe in santa. So i had to play along.  The 3 year old would not talk to me. And apparently opened each gift with the reaction, "i don't want this". Can you imagine? They were supposed to videotape it.

His favorite gift was a Finding Nemo sound book which he wanted right away (they saw the movie when they were here). And he was thrilled with his scooby doo dvd.  I had sent one of those huge scooby pillow pals, which he was riding as a horse.

Must be chaos in that house. But it made me happy to think that they were loving their gifts.  Even though their mom paid me for them, I spent much time choosing them and getting sales.

Wow christmas day is lonely. There is nothing to do!

Jennifer

« Reply #81 on: December 25, 2003, 03:00:13 PM »

Hey Merry Christmas everybody.

DR Tom from Oz, that made me teary.

Emily

« Reply #82 on: December 25, 2003, 04:11:48 PM »

Merry Christmas to one and all!

My Gift Inventory:

Stocking -
  PEOPLE Magazine (it's a tradition that I get a skanky mag)
  Chocoloate Loonies (that's coins to you Yanks)
  Toothbrush
  Socks

Presents:
  A Watch (ooh... ahhhh...)
  SIMCITY 4 DELUXE EDITION! :D
  Pajamas
  A $40 Gift Certifcate to the Gap
  Ferreo Rocher Chocolates
  Underwear (another weird tradition)

And...
  $80 CDN cash and $100 USD!!!

I am one happy gal! :D

"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #83 on: December 25, 2003, 04:18:40 PM »

What did everyone have for Christmas dinner?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: December 25, 2003, 04:21:34 PM »

We must be on our Christmas dinner break.  Just watched High Sierra for the first time - wonderful little movie.  It's now not only pouring, the wind has kicked in, although what "in" did to deserve being kicked by the wind is anyone's guess.

George

« Reply #85 on: December 25, 2003, 04:41:14 PM »

Here they are, the Answers! to the
FRACTURED CHRISTMAS SONG TITLES
(whether you want them or not!  ;D )

1.  Albino Festival White Christmas
2.  U. S. Triplet Rules We Three Kings
3.  K. O. the Corridor Deck the Hall
4.  Zero Holiday Conifer Oh Christmas Tree
5.  Iced Heroin Dealer Frosty the Snowman
6.  Seasonal Eden Winter Wonderland
7.  Catchy Alarms Jingle Bells
8.  Valentino is a Rosy-Schnozzed Ruminant Rudolph, the Red-nosed Reindeer
9.  Zero-Decibel Darkness Silent Night
10. Wee Tom-tom Tot The Little Drummer Boy
11. A Miniscule Metropolis of Steel Oh Little Town of Bethlehem
12. Flashy Southerners Silver Bells
13. Hey-man, the Tribune Fairies Harmonize Hark, the Herald Angels Sing
14. Lord Pause You Frivolous, Officers -- God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen
15. ABCDEFGHIJKMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ -- Noel
16. I Eyeballed the Old Lady Smoochin’ with Fuzz Face I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
17. What I Really Need at the End of a Year is a Set of New Dentures --    All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth
18. Detergent in the Galaxy Joy to the World
19. Trunk Legumes Cooking on the Coleman Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire
20. Auto-eroticate and Wed a Tiny Noel Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
21. Jelly Belly’s Making the Metropolis Santa Claus Is Coming to Town
22. The Arrival Was at the Stroke of Twelve Naturally It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
23. Jovial Elderly Beautiful Fat Man Jolly Old Saint Nicholas
24. Troika Tour Sleigh Ride
25. Things Initiating the Resemblance of a Festival It’s Beginning to Look Like Christmas
26. Bridging the Gap and Tunneling the Trees Over the River and Through the Woods
27. Are We Both Getting the Same Vibes?Do You Hear What I Hear?
28. No Swiss Cheese Noontime Oh Holy Night
29. Knobs Deliverer Handel’s Messiah
30. Kling Klang Stone Jingle Bell Rock
31. Game Scene Toyland
« Last Edit: December 25, 2003, 04:45:17 PM by George »

Tomovoz

« Reply #86 on: December 25, 2003, 04:49:18 PM »

Love #20 George: Merry/Marry.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #87 on: December 25, 2003, 04:50:13 PM »

Thakns George.....I had about half of them...LOL!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #88 on: December 25, 2003, 05:02:21 PM »

Despite the pouring rain here in what is otherwise usually sunny Southern California, I ventured out today, Dear Readers.  Isn't that exciting?  Isn't that too, too?

First off, my synagogue held what I believe will be its first annual December 25th member appreciation brunch, which was well attended and a lot of fun.

I then went to the movies and saw The Company.  If you take any pleasure from viewing modern dance, or the artistry of Robert Altman, or young, fit and attractive human specimens of either sex, then you will want to see this film.  Neve Campbell, we learn from watching this picture, is quite an accomplished dancer in her own right and does a good job.  Malcolm MacDowell is excellent, too, as the eccentric head of the dance company.

The Joffrey Ballet of Chicago--and the process of creating dance--are both showcased beautifully in this film.  The direction and cinematography demonstrate a true appreciation of the art form.  Though character and plot development get somewhat short schrift in this film, and it contains far fewer plot threads than is typical of an Altman film, it nevertheless is a complete pleasure to watch.  In fact, I was taken aback when the credits started to roll, as I was still quite hungry to see more story and more dance.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

td

• td
« Reply #89 on: December 25, 2003, 05:11:18 PM »

It's not the glow you feel
When snow appears
It's not the Christmas card
You've sent for years
Not the joyful sound
When Sleigh bells ring
Or the merry songs
Children sing

That little gift you send
On Christmas Day
Will not bring back the friend
You've turned away
So may I suggest the Secret of Christmas
It's not the things you do
At Christmas time
But the Christmas things you do
All year through.

Okay, Dear Readers:
What's the movie that this song came from?
(I know.  It's one that will probably never see the light of day on dvd, too.)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up