Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: A FOND FAREWELL TO FEBRUARY  (Read 10893 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: A FOND FAREWELL TO FEBRUARY
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2010, 12:09:37 PM »

DR ELMORE - it was a fun show.....Ann Reinking was most enjoyable as Rose....with some special dances included for both she and Tommy....  But Tommy should never play a character pretending to be in love with a FEMALE......

And Hugo was so heavy they changed the lyric to:  "He's too smart.....she's too tall...."

I think it was taped in Texas somewhere - and I love the show....clever staging and a terrific Conrad Birdie and Mae.....fun....not gangbusters....but most enjoyable.

Isn't Mae played by the late great Marilyn Cooper?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2010, 12:10:30 PM »

Cranberries!

Post deleted.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2010, 12:12:44 PM »

I just wrote a long post and then got an error. :(

Jennifer

« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2010, 12:15:03 PM »

Sort of odd, but all morning they were announcing that Charlies Hamelin would be the flag bearer tonight for canada (he won 2 golds in short track speedskating). He (?) and others confirmed this. But apparently it's not true. Joannie Rochette (who won bronze in figure skating will be the flag bearer.

The US flag bearer is somebody i've never heard of. His name is Billy Demong (he won gold in the nordic combined and then proposed to his girlfriend).

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2010, 12:20:00 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmmm some photos disappeared from my Allison Hayes bio site....and the uploader isn't working so I can put them back.....must be the full moon.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2010, 01:06:17 PM »

I believe it is only ONE WEEK until our annual Oscar Bash!

Alas, due to my flight arrangements next week, I'll be up in the air during said Oscar bash.  Although, I guess I'll be home in time for the West Coast tape delay.  -Will it be tape delayed again this year?

No tape delay on the Oscars

Correct! The Oscars have never been tape delayed. The Tonys and Emmys have been though the TV Academy is planning not to tape delay the awards this year.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2010, 01:10:43 PM »

With nothing on the DVR lunch-worthy, I put in the second disc from the BURN NOTICE second season set and watched a couple of episodes while I cooked and ate lunch.

This was the season where the mysterious Carla was a puppetmaster pulling Michael's strings as he tried to gain insight on who burned him from the agency.

The first one I watched featured the adorable Seth Peterson as Michael's brother starting a limo service. This is a really light, fun show.

Matt H.

« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2010, 01:12:35 PM »

The second episode had Michael attempting to get back $250,000 from a con woman who scammed a man with a seriously ill little boy. Very touching to see Michael get so emotional about this sick child, and Fiona playing with the kid teaching him about the weapons being carried by his green plastic army men was such a hoot.

Matt H.

« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2010, 01:16:30 PM »

Then I watched OLD DOGS, the farce comedy with John Travolta and Robin WIlliams. Forced is more like it with truly desperate comedy antics and a hoary plot with Williams playing a long-time single man who finds out his long ago brief marriage in Vegas resulted in fraternal twins.

This is a Travolta family affair with Kelly Preston playing Wiliiams' ex-wife and Travolta's daughter Ella playing one of the twins (no discernable talent there). There were also other Travolta names farther down the cast list.

This was 88 minutes that seemed longer than both parts of CHE combined.

Matt H.

« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2010, 01:19:32 PM »

I sampled about 20 minutes of the commentary: director, producer, and co-writers were the speakers, and naturally they all laughed at the film and praised each other for being so inspired. Ugh!

The other bonus features were really brief: a blooper reel, three deleted scenes, two music videos, and the two lead children interviewing the two stars.

Matt H.

« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2010, 01:20:19 PM »

Next I finished THE NEGOTIATOR and will be getting it on Blu-ray once they reduce the price a little. Right now, I'm not willing to pay $18.99 for it.

Matt H.

« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2010, 01:21:16 PM »

I started THE SCARLET CLAW, one of the best of the Rathbone/Universal Holmes movies. Haven't seen it for a while and enjoyed the first 50 minutes very much.

Matt H.

« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2010, 01:22:23 PM »

With nothing on TV tonight (other than BROTHERS & SISTERS which I'll be recording), I'll have to find something of interest to watch later. I shouldn't have any trouble picking something out. It'll likely be a Blu-ray movie.

Kerry

« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2010, 01:41:41 PM »

The tops of Squaw Peak and Camelback Mountain were both hidden in clouds this morning.  Even the Camel's nose was hidden was hidden in clouds (they don't usually get that low).

If the clouds had been any lower, you could have slung them over your shoulder like a Continental soldier.
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2010, 01:42:32 PM »

I didn't dis the Lord, and the Lord didn't dis me.  God's watching my back and not taking any names.... or some such thing.  OY!
I like boat races.

Matt H.

« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2010, 01:48:51 PM »

I must hop off-line now and do some writing. Then, it's back downstairs for a fun evening of leisure viewing.

WBBL.

Ginny

« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2010, 01:58:15 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings from Ohio's North Coast!  After church and lunch, we drove from Lima along the Lincoln Highway to the Land of Cleve.  I have a midday meeting tomorrow at the midwest outpost of DR Ben's employer.  We are checked into a hotel where I've stayed many times and have been upgraded to a suite - very comfortable for watching the end of the US/Canada hockey game and the closing ceremony later.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2010, 02:27:19 PM »

DR Jane, you will be happy to know that I took pictures of Dixie on her walk at the drainage authority today.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v305/minx_the_dog/Once%20More%20with%20Dixie/

Yes I am.  I didn't see titles under any of the photos.  Was the tractor (whatever) part of the drainage photos?

Cillaliz

« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2010, 03:29:48 PM »

Thanks, JRand. I think I'm just getting too old to climb mountains.

Nah, just don't climb EVERY mountain  :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2010, 03:34:15 PM »

The tops of Squaw Peak and Camelback Mountain were both hidden in clouds this morning.  Even the Camel's nose was hidden was hidden in clouds (they don't usually get that low).

If the clouds had been any lower, you could have slung them over your shoulder like a Continental soldier.

If the camel's nose was hidden, I'd say that's fog and not clouds, but maybe that's just me ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2010, 03:36:37 PM »

When I worked in the Central Courts Building in Phoenix, I used to judge the weather based on whether I could see Four Peaks

Cillaliz

« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2010, 03:37:34 PM »

DR Jennifer must be out dancing in the street after the hockey game.. :D
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 04:12:21 PM by Cillaliz »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2010, 04:10:55 PM »

I bet :D

Cillaliz

« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2010, 04:12:03 PM »

Whoever was looking for a highlights program for the Olympics, it sounds like they are doing some of that tonight and then the closing ceremony

Laura

« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2010, 04:20:13 PM »

Four Peaks can often be lost in smog now, Cillaliz.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2010, 04:31:17 PM »

Well, today is going to be a very, very, VERY (that's three verys) long day for me.  My house is...how shall I say this?...very cluttered. ::) And today, my mom (Rosemarie) is going to come over and help (make, actually) me clean the upstairs rooms in my house (I also took Monday off from work, just in case we need the extra time).  She came over a couple of weeks ago to help (make) me clean my downstairs and fortunately, it's still clean (my mom has been watching "Horders" :o and doesn't want me to end up like that).

George, please check and see if your mother can clean your dirty mind, while she is at it!   ;)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 04:45:40 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2010, 04:34:57 PM »

Four Peaks can often be lost in smog now, Cillaliz.

It was then too, unfortunately.  That brown cloud that hangs over the Valley of the Sun

td

• td
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2010, 04:37:05 PM »

DR Jane, you will be happy to know that I took pictures of Dixie on her walk at the drainage authority today.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v305/minx_the_dog/Once%20More%20with%20Dixie/

Yes I am.  I didn't see titles under any of the photos.  Was the tractor (whatever) part of the drainage photos?

The John Deere is indeed part of the drainage authority, it's on the upper level.
I didn't title the pictures, but, they were all taken today at the drainage authority.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2010, 04:37:25 PM »

Just back in from SHUTTER ISLAND and I very much enjoyed it.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2010, 04:41:15 PM »

Sort of odd, but all morning they were announcing that Charlies Hamelin would be the flag bearer tonight for canada (he won 2 golds in short track speedskating). He (?) and others confirmed this.

Is there some question as to whether or not Mr. Hamelin is a he?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up