Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: CHEESY POTATOES  (Read 24980 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re:CHEESY POTATOES
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2004, 03:23:23 PM »

TOD:

My highest light would have to be regaining contact with two good friends from my college days during the summer.  One happened by kismet and the other was a case of me searching and reaching out.  But in any case, I'm glad these people are part of my life again.

I guess the advances I made at the workplace should count as highlights, but I don't find myself too excited about them, somehow.  

And, of course, there's finding HHW, the best and brightest place on the internet that's filled with the most delightful folk around!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2004, 03:23:32 PM »

However, this should fix it....
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2004, 03:27:47 PM »

Why Thank You, DR Dan (the Man)!

As I was saying....

The drive back up to Fairfax took a little longer than usual.  Lots of people on the road.  A few fender-benders - and, consequently, rubber-neckers - but just a lot of people on the road.  Added about 20 minutes to my trip.  However, the extra time was spent listening to NPR.  Fresh Air rebroadcast an interview with David Sedaris' from earlier in the year... lots of laughs.  And then "All Things Considered" was broadcasting reports from Sri Lanka and India about the tsunami damage and the massive loss of life, as well as a story about a group of soldiers from one base getting ready to head back to Iraq for a second tour of duty.  The world events put the traffic in perspective.

-Oh, and I had no idea just how much rain the LA area was getting.  I hope all the Hainsies and Kimlets are safe and sound and dry.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2004, 03:32:24 PM »

Ooohhh...

Just got the e-mail announcement... The Season of Savings promotions has started in NYC!  Discounts on theatre tickets, restaurants, hotels and attractions in The Big Apple for January-mid-March - a.k.a. The Slow Season.  So, if anyone is willing to brave the cold - I actually like NYC in the winter - here's the website:

http://www.SeasonofSavings.com
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2004, 03:33:23 PM »

Off to the thee-ay-tuh!

See you lay-tuh...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2004, 03:43:26 PM »

90 minutes and a sleep have passed by! Where is everyone. Maybe we can discuss the lows for the year - Shingles shingles shingles!!

Sorry to hear you were having problems with your roof
Never stop dreaming.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2004, 03:51:28 PM »

More highlights of 2004...

Sometimes the feeling of triumph in getting through something difficult becomes a highlight... Which is how I feel about two house-moves - one with which I helped, the other my own.

And finally - one specific highlight in Budapest - attending the opera - the same Budapest Opera House where I had my first theater experience at age 2, sitting between my mother and father, leaning against the red velvet seat so I could see. Totally enchanted by the whole thing.
There I sat in 2004 as an adult who makes her living in the Arts - just as I dreamed at age 2 (only then it was ballet) - my parents gone - attending with my own daughter. Quite incredible.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2004, 03:55:03 PM by Panni »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2004, 04:01:59 PM »

Yes, how do we go from the highest highs of last week, to the lows of this week?  We need to send this year out with a bang not a whimper.  Skammen, you people.  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2004, 04:08:26 PM »

Yes, how do we go from the highest highs of last week, to the lows of this week?  We need to send this year out with a bang not a whimper.  Skammen, you people.  

How were the number of posts last year in this week?  People seem to be out and about, schools are not in session, and folks have a lot of livin' to do!

I just got my second negative feedback in 3 years on eBay from a jerk DVD vendor in Brazil!  I am so pissed.  Damn him!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2004, 04:10:18 PM »

166 posts a year ago today.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2004, 04:11:29 PM »

Be sure to "reply" to the negative feedback in your profile and offer your explanation so people see that.  And then leave him a big fat juicy neg in return.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2004, 04:12:43 PM »

DR ELMORE I think you can now respond to feedback and leave your thoughts -- briefly - right under it.

About 11 a.m. I suddenly got sick and went to bed.  I just woke up.  Boy I am glad I didn't miss THE AMAZING RACE.

DRJENNIFER sometimes I think their job is to get rid of the customer with as little an effort as possible.

California rainstorms are on the news tonight.  Lots of water just north of LA so you all may be in for some more!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2004, 04:13:56 PM »

Welcome eight GUESTS.  Why don't seven of you join us?  I know the other GUEST is busy writing amazon reviews.

We've already surpassed last December, both in posts and hits.  Last November (2003) was an extraordinary month, as was last January (2004), which was our biggest month ever.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2004, 04:17:25 PM »

well, this is soon to be the most poipular site on the internet.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2004, 04:18:10 PM »

Cora? Is that you?  Cora is a four-letter word.  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2004, 04:18:38 PM »

I need a new hat.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2004, 04:23:53 PM »

Just started pouring again.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2004, 04:26:24 PM »

About 11 a.m. I suddenly got sick and went to bed.  I just woke up.  Boy I am glad I didn't miss THE AMAZING RACE.

DR JRand, don't worry about TAR--tonight's episode is a just a re-cap of the race thus far.  Which cheeses me off because I just got around to watching last week's episode last night and I was all pumped up for part two tonight.  
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Panni

« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2004, 04:39:05 PM »

Skammen. Raining again. Which probably means not going to see SIDEWAYS. I don't want to drive over Laurel Canyon in this weather. THE AVIATOR, which is playing on this side of the hill, is a possibility.
Any reports from DRs on Aviator?
BTW - My landlord came over and climbed out on the roof through my bedroom window. He found the cause of the waterfall coming off the roof and in through my window -- leaves blocking the water in one of the spout thingies  through which water comes off the roof.

Panni

« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2004, 04:42:06 PM »

...He also told me that my rather flimsy windows are part of the charm of the place.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2004, 04:48:18 PM »

...He also told me that my rather flimsy windows are part of the charm of the place.

But you already knew that.

Panni

« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2004, 05:06:33 PM »

Thunder and lightning, Dear Readers.
...And Panni has to walk the dog. Oy.

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2004, 05:07:35 PM »

Highlights of my year....

1. Finding out that I would be living with my seven amazing roomates at my church this year which has been one of the best experiences of my life.

2. Finding out A Tale of Two Cities has all the money for its Broaway run.

I have had a rather uneventful year actually. Just lots of good times with good friends.

3. Oh yes and discovering HHW has been wonderful too! Everyone here is such a blessing in my life. Maybe I'll think of more later.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2004, 05:08:44 PM by Joey »
There is no music without silence, only noise...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2004, 05:11:10 PM »

Yes, thunder and lightening.  My postman is not here yet - I wonder if he was struck down.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2004, 05:11:18 PM »

I just got my second negative feedback in 3 years on eBay from a jerk DVD vendor in Brazil!  I am so pissed.  Damn him!

I just got my second negative in over 5 years about a week ago, and, just like the first one, was totally inexplicable.  The first one was from a complete ripoff artist who charged me $13.00 for insured mail, then of course didn't insure the package.  I very politely asked her for a partial refund in shipping since she didn't insure, and she promptly left me a negative.  She has tons of negatives before and after--several people never even got their packages, so I guess I should be grateful.

The second one was with me as a seller and completely dumbfounds me.  This guy won the Star Wars trilogy on DVD and paid $41.00 or so for it (which, frankly, is more than he would pay at some discount retailers).  Three days later (on a Monday) I go out to my mailbox to leave outgoing mail and lo and behold there is an overnight USPS delivery in there which for all I know could have been there all weekend.  It's a check from this guy with a letter asking me to mail his package immediately.  I instantly email him, telling him that I'm not sure how long his check has been in my mailbox, and that per my auction descriptions, I usually require checks to clear before shipping, but in his case, I'll make an exception.  I ship the next day.  The day after that he leaves me negative feedback, saying he hasn't gotten his package yet.  It just drives me bonkers.

But, yes, you can respond, however briefly, and that seems to help.  Or you can pay $20 and request a square trade mediation, but the other party has to agree to it and you may still not get your negative removed.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2004, 05:12:19 PM »

Not only pouring down rain, but crackling lightning, and booming thunder.  I am trying to calm down a quivering Tewkesbury.

Danise

« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2004, 05:20:14 PM »

Hi folks.  Isn’t there a law about having to go back to work after a four day holiday?  It sure felt like there SHOULD be a law when that alarm went off at 5:30 AM this morning.  

JRand.  I guess the truck accessory I was talking about yesterday is more of a southern thing.  You know, guys and their trucks.  I’ll have to PM you if you still don’t know what I meant.   :-[

2004 has been a very memorable year for me.  For very many different reasons.

The two trips I made, as you all well know, despite my poor heath at the time.

Getting to see (and meet!) Michael Ball!  

Meeting DR Elmore--New York Citys Shining light.

DR Jane.  A treasure who helped me though some very hard times.

The cards, letters and phone calls I’ve shared with other members of this here board.  

Making it past my surgery and coming through with flying colors.

Having all of the hurricanes pass by.

Having the chance to see some wonderful shows--(in the order I saw them)—

Thoroughly Modern Mille
Le Miz
Wonderful Town
Aida
Wicked
Boy From OZ
POTO

Having my position at work reclassed.  Since I was never able to go to college, I always felt like somewhat of a failure, now I feel like I’m coming into my own.  

There’s more, I’m sure but those are the major things that come to mind.   :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2004, 05:20:49 PM »

DR JMK - about Disney's California Adventure and the size of the pathways, I totally agree with you and have said that myself in conversations.  I was also telling the DP Eric how I was sad that the charm that Disneyland still has seems to be lost on the people that go to the park.  Do they recognize the architecture and the detail put into the bulidings and such?  It's very sad.  

***WRITER'S BLOCK SPOILER AHEAD***

DE (that's the new Internet Lingo for Dearest Esteemed) BK, when the book moved into the real time, I had a hard time with the first Chapter that was in "real" time, but then I realized as the second half progressed why the format was the way it was, and I was no longer confused.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2004, 05:24:47 PM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2004, 05:23:38 PM »

Other highlights: I, too, had a lovely time with Hisaka and her friend.  Totally delightful.

And my trip to NY for the signing, and seeing elmore, and Brent Barrett and all my lovely hainsies/kimlets, and going to Joe Allen - wonderful.

Danise

« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2004, 05:24:34 PM »

We have a "Hidden".  I don't know why that bugs me.  I tend to think of it like having a mouse in the wall.  I just don't get purpose of it.  Oh well.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up