Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: WHERE IS FLAIR?  (Read 46865 times)

Jennifer

Re:WHERE IS FLAIR?
« Reply #150 on: January 09, 2004, 12:04:32 PM »

Btw, are any of the other girly girls here on HHW as obsessed with italian charms as I am?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: January 09, 2004, 12:04:49 PM »

It must be a lunch break.  I just got off the phone with our very own Nick Redman, and I can only say we've got some very cool things planned for The DVD Place - some very interesting folks are going to be involved and we will soon take over the DVD world.

Jennifer

« Reply #152 on: January 09, 2004, 12:10:56 PM »

WEL--I'm a LaChiusa gal, all the way!  I haven't heard all of the Lippa, but I just love the jaggedness and savagery of the LaChiusa version.  The music is sooo good.  How would you compare the two?

Oh Maya are you sure you want to ask this question? :)

I wonder how many people here actually saw them both.

I did. And some very wonderful things happened because of it.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #153 on: January 09, 2004, 12:12:27 PM »

Media check #3:  in my DVD player:  "Muppets Magic: From The Ed Sullivan Show" then "9 to 5."  I just got them a couple of days ago with a gift card that I got for Christmas (it's now all used up).
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #154 on: January 09, 2004, 12:12:38 PM »

BTW, DR Emily wrote:
I ate a subway grilled chicken sandwich today instead of a plain veggie one.  It was good and far more filling...

Okay now i am jealous. You ate my grilled chicken sandwich? :)

They are good, aren't they!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2004, 12:17:53 PM by Jennifer »

George

« Reply #155 on: January 09, 2004, 12:15:39 PM »

Today, I'm going to Subway for lunch, too!  I have two filled stamp cards so I can get a footlong (don't go there) sandwich for free! ;D I haven't decided exactly what I'll get...but I know that it'll be good!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #156 on: January 09, 2004, 12:16:37 PM »

Anyway, to pad my post count, here's the cover of the "Muppets Magic" DVD:

Ben

« Reply #157 on: January 09, 2004, 12:18:37 PM »

George, you're on-line now with 494 posts. Just go for it. I won't mind if you make 7 vanity posts :-)

Jennifer

« Reply #158 on: January 09, 2004, 12:20:27 PM »

Is a footlong just the regular 12 inch sub?  And does everybody call it that?

Have grilled chicken! And then come back here and rub it in :)

Jennifer

« Reply #159 on: January 09, 2004, 12:22:24 PM »

I don't mind either as long as they are somewhat entertaining :)

(you guys are making me hungry)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #160 on: January 09, 2004, 12:22:32 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVIL TWIN![/move]

We are pleased you joined our family in time to celebrate your birthday.  :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: January 09, 2004, 12:22:37 PM »

I saw only the La Chiusa, but I've heard the Lippa.  I must say, the La Chiusa was a trial to sit through and more of a trial as a CD, and I didn't care all that much for the Lippa (who I like).  

George

« Reply #162 on: January 09, 2004, 12:24:27 PM »

George, you're on-line now with 494 posts. Just go for it. I won't mind if you make 7 vanity posts :-)

Thanks!

George

« Reply #163 on: January 09, 2004, 12:26:52 PM »

Is a footlong just the regular 12 inch sub?  And does everybody call it that?

Have grilled chicken! And then come back here and rub it in :)

Yes, here the terms "footlong" and "12 inch" are both used interchangeably.

And I don't think I've ever had the grilled chicken.  I'll try it!

George

« Reply #164 on: January 09, 2004, 12:29:37 PM »

I don't mind either as long as they are somewhat entertaining :)

(you guys are making me hungry)

With all this talk about Mars and the pictures that are coming back, I remember that I got this in an e-mail (hope it entertaining!):

When NASA first started sending up astronauts, they quickly discovered that ballpoint pens would not work in zero gravity. To combat the problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 million to develop a pen that writes in zero gravity, upside down, underwater, on almost any surface including glass and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to 300C.

The Russians used a pencil.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #165 on: January 09, 2004, 12:29:37 PM »

I also want to buy a paper shredder today - and get a good start on my "sort and purge" project over the next few weeks.  Like other DRs have stated, I'm not a collector, I just don't throw anything away... And I know there are some things that I should throw out and/or don't need at all.  -I don't think a grocery store receipt for two bottles of salad dressing has any tax and/or sentimental attachment.  Do you?
Of course, if you are a true Alton Brown multi-tasker, you can use the paper shredder to shred lettuce, with which the salad dressing will go very well indeed!

;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jennifer

« Reply #166 on: January 09, 2004, 12:30:42 PM »

Have any of you ever seen something on ebay that you think will be easy for you to find again. And then you cannot for the life of you find it again. :(

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #167 on: January 09, 2004, 12:33:46 PM »

This hair thing seems like a lot of work though.   Maybe I should just shave it all.  Isn't lesbian-chic in now? ;)
Well, if you're going to be that way about it, go for a buzz cut like MBarnum and I wear.  The shaved look doesn't work unless you've got the muscles and a moustache, and you're too young for a moustache.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #168 on: January 09, 2004, 12:36:36 PM »

DR WEL: Okay in your opinion do you think a musical (such as Assassins in this case) which has played off broadway and is 10+ years old should be considered a new musical?  And if so, why?  I get that it has never played on Broadway. But it's not a new piece and I cannot even imagine it up against Avenue Q and Wicked.

Jennifer, I know you didn't ask my opinion, but when has that ever stopped any of us?  Personally, I dislike the fact that the Tony committee is always changing or redefining their rules to accomadate a certain show or performer.  I believe Assassins, by definition, should be considered a new musical.  How can you justify labeling a show a revival when it has never previously played a Broadway house?  

I am curious, Jennifer, how familiar you are with the show Assassins?  Have you seen the show produced?  Are you familiar with the score?  You say that you can't imagine it up against Wicked or Avenue Q.  Why not?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #169 on: January 09, 2004, 12:36:41 PM »

Today, I'm going to Subway for lunch, too!  I have two filled stamp cards so I can get a footlong (don't go there) sandwich for free! ;D I haven't decided exactly what I'll get...but I know that it'll be good!
Footlong Meatball?

Sorry, I had to go there anyways!   ;D

Jennifer

« Reply #170 on: January 09, 2004, 12:37:45 PM »

BK, I wonder if you had seen Lippa's version if you would have liked it.  It was truly one of the best things I have ever seen (and I did not know him when I saw it).  Julia Murney was so good it was unbelievable. And Taye, Idina, and Brian D'Arcy James (who is so sweet) were also great.  It reminded me a lot in terms of feel of the recent Cabaret revival. It was very raunchy!

Jane

« Reply #171 on: January 09, 2004, 12:39:41 PM »

SS, Sunshine Sarah also works.  I like your friend’s name for you.

Laura II I like your beautiful new picture.   I enjoyed meeting your friends and experiencing your party.

SSW thanks for the interesting background on Ketchup and mushroom ketchup might be tasty.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #172 on: January 09, 2004, 12:41:18 PM »

Dan in Toronto and Panni - of couse, I must receive ten percent of the winnings as the AGENT.

BK - It must be the Lost in Boston influence. Sure thing - 10 percent. And here are the numbers, to make it official. (With each line, and I played 2 lines, you get another 2 lines of numbers.)

4 8 14 17 38 43 46
4 8 14 17 39 43 46

5 9 18 20 39 42 43
4 5 7 18 31 44 46
3 4 7 14 25 26 42
4 7 19 23 29 44 45

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #173 on: January 09, 2004, 12:42:26 PM »

BK--that's interesting that you didn't much care for either.  I mean, I can't really analyze too much, cause I've seen neither onstage, but I wonder what it was about the LaChiusa that turned you off to it...maybe it's something about the fact that none of the characters are exactly sympathetic.

George

« Reply #174 on: January 09, 2004, 12:44:04 PM »

Have any of you ever seen something on ebay that you think will be easy for you to find again. And then you cannot for the life of you find it again. :(

I am ALWAYS "watching" items.  I have lost things so many times before that option was created.  Acutually, I either lost track of or bid on way too many things.  That got to be real expensive.

George

« Reply #175 on: January 09, 2004, 12:45:25 PM »

Screw It!

George

« Reply #176 on: January 09, 2004, 12:46:17 PM »

I Am Now...

George

« Reply #177 on: January 09, 2004, 12:46:50 PM »

A HHW GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jane

« Reply #178 on: January 09, 2004, 12:47:00 PM »

Btw, are any of the other girly girls here on HHW as obsessed with italian charms as I am?

I’m not obsessed with Italian charms but do have friends who are.  They are fun, I just prefer other bracelets I have.  The current temp here is 55 degrees.  I guess that is why we are having rain instead of snow.

George

« Reply #179 on: January 09, 2004, 12:50:34 PM »

Okay, now I'm really hungry.  I'm waiting for a co-worker to get out of a meeting then we'll go to Subway.  But I'm hungry NOW!!!!! You'd think that a HHW God could have lunch whenever he/she wanted, but NO.  I have to wait.  GGRRRR! >:(
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19   Go Up