Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BOOK SOUP  (Read 9003 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: BOOK SOUP
« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2010, 03:02:41 PM »

EXCLUSIVE: Tony Winner Linda Lavin Joins Cast of Kennedy Center Follies!

Playbill.com has learned that Tony winner Linda Lavin, who will be inducted into the Theatre Hall of Fame in January 2011, will play the role of Hattie Walker in the Kennedy Center Follies, which will be directed by Signature Theatre artistic director Eric Schaeffer (Million Dollar Quartet) with choreography by Warren Carlyle (Finian's Rainbow).

Lavin joins the previously announced Bernadette Peters, who will play Sally Durant Plummer. Performance dates are May 7-June 5, 2011, in the Eisenhower Theater.

<SNIP>

The Tony winner says she has never worked with Peters, and "I've never worked with Danny [Burstein, who will play Buddy]. I'm thrilled about that."
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 03:04:19 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2010, 04:06:50 PM »

Page Four Follies Dance!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2010, 04:13:09 PM »

From Playbill.com: "Three-time Tony nominee Kelli O'Hara and Will Chase will star in the City Center Encores! production of Bells Are Ringing, ..."

Can someone tell me why? Neither seems to fit with any degree of comfort. O'Hara is too perfectly beautiful, Chase too nondescript. maybe if the roles were reversed ...
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

MBarnum

« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2010, 04:19:21 PM »

Had a nice call from Linda Purl - she and Gregory Harrison have been trying to put together a two-person show - they've got a date booked in February and are stymied - so she's asked me to come in and help and I think I will.

Gregory Harrison???!!! I would like to see that.

George

« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2010, 04:43:30 PM »

From Playbill.com: "Three-time Tony nominee Kelli O'Hara and Will Chase will star in the City Center Encores! production of Bells Are Ringing, ..."

Can someone tell me why? Neither seems to fit with any degree of comfort. O'Hara is too perfectly beautiful, Chase too nondescript. maybe if the roles were reversed ...

Why?  Because they can.

Do they ever need another reason, any more?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2010, 04:47:36 PM »

My assistant is going to take over this eve, I'm very grateful!

John G.

« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2010, 05:37:38 PM »

Had a nice call from Linda Purl - she and Gregory Harrison have been trying to put together a two-person show - they've got a date booked in February and are stymied - so she's asked me to come in and help and I think I will.
Sounds like a good duo. I don't think either has gotten the recognition for stage work that they've deserved.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2010, 05:41:51 PM »

My vet gave me some medicated shampoo and told me to give Ricky a bath.  I haven't used it because....well, every cat I've ever known hates water, She told me there are cats who love water....right.

So, it's been since Monday and I haven't given him a bath...so I decided to try it and see what happens.   I am now waiting for the Humane Society to come to my door with the police to arrest me because only sheer torture could evoke the howls and wailing that came out of Little Ricky when I dared to pour a little luke warm water on him.    He screeched, he howled, he climbed over my  shoulder and stood on my back refusing to go up or down....

It was a scene I will not repeat. I didn't leave the shampoo on for the full 5 mminutes like it says to, it was just impossible.  I also didn't quite get it all rinsed out so I had to go back with a wet towel and rub him .   He calmed down after awhile and enjoyed a treat of tuna.   He was fine when I left, but man I will not do that again

Cillaliz

« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2010, 05:43:32 PM »

I'm washing his blanket again tonight.   I figure it can't hurt.  I also think it really is athlete's elbow. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #99 on: October 14, 2010, 05:43:47 PM »

Ok, time to throw the blanket in the dryer

Cillaliz

« Reply #100 on: October 14, 2010, 05:45:32 PM »

BTW - so far so good on the containment.  The incubation time is 4-10 days. It's day 5 since he came here and none of us have any symptoms.    I am looking forward to ripping out the carpet when he gets better.  I've been wanting to do that for a long time

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #101 on: October 14, 2010, 05:51:35 PM »

I just spent the past couple of minutes watching this:

Councilman Joel Burns (Ft. Worth, TX) Tells Gay Teens "It Gets Better"

And if you have 13 minutes to spare right now, I think you should too.

Thank you, Jose, for posting that link.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #102 on: October 14, 2010, 05:55:02 PM »

My vet gave me some medicated shampoo and told me to give Ricky a bath.  I haven't used it because....well, every cat I've ever known hates water, She told me there are cats who love water....right.

So, it's been since Monday and I haven't given him a bath...so I decided to try it and see what happens.   I am now waiting for the Humane Society to come to my door with the police to arrest me because only sheer torture could evoke the howls and wailing that came out of Little Ricky when I dared to pour a little luke warm water on him.    He screeched, he howled, he climbed over my  shoulder and stood on my back refusing to go up or down....

It was a scene I will not repeat. I didn't leave the shampoo on for the full 5 mminutes like it says to, it was just impossible.  I also didn't quite get it all rinsed out so I had to go back with a wet towel and rub him .   He calmed down after awhile and enjoyed a treat of tuna.   He was fine when I left, but man I will not do that again

I've only washed my cat once...I forget why.  She struggled at first, but eventually she realized that she couldn't stop me from putting her in the water.  Afterward, I dried her off as best I could, but as soon as I let her go, she ran very quickly back and fourth between a couple of rooms for quite a while. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: October 14, 2010, 05:55:36 PM »

Back from a mile and a half jog.  Have been doing Kritzerland stuff most of the afternoon.  Now I have to finish this movie.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #104 on: October 14, 2010, 06:04:59 PM »

Page Four?  Page 4?
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #105 on: October 14, 2010, 06:05:19 PM »

Linda Purl AND Gregory Harrison - now THAT'S entertainment!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #106 on: October 14, 2010, 06:05:51 PM »

New PWOJECT WUNWAY in 5 minutes.....I certainly want Gretchen to go home tonight.....fingers crossed!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: October 14, 2010, 06:06:07 PM »

Ok, I am pretty brain dead this afternoon, but I will try.
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #108 on: October 14, 2010, 06:06:41 PM »

Now that I have my card - I am looking forward to a new Kritzerland Release.

I sent my BRIDGE order through adelphia dot net.....hopefully it got through.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #109 on: October 14, 2010, 06:10:30 PM »

I had to give latest and now EX kitty a bath.....she was not pleased, but she let me hold her, and I used a hand sprayer rather than dunk her in the water or have water running around her.....and she knew I was trying to help her.....after the bath she didn't even mind the blow dryer on VERY LOW and NOT HOT.....and a soft brush.....

And then she went away......I am sure she found a very nice home.....but the attitude of the folks at our Humane Society and the.....well ABUSE we took when we returned her - I will NEVER DEAL WITH THEM AGAIN and will return unopened all materials and requests for gifts they send me regularly.

It will go to the Humane Society in the NEXT COUNTY.......and my local elected relatives.....er.....representatives have been notified.....the only thing I didn't do is write a letter to the newspaper.....but I might still do that.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #110 on: October 14, 2010, 06:10:48 PM »

Wow.....I sound like Ivy Higa.

John G.

« Reply #111 on: October 14, 2010, 06:13:43 PM »

Nice to have the company!
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #112 on: October 14, 2010, 06:22:08 PM »

Now that my co-workers and I have finished our portion of the upcoming Federal audit of our cases (with only half of our needed staff), our Great Minds in Olympia have decided that everyone of the cases we have denied in the last 20 months were coded incorrectly.  That means they want us (in our spare time) to go back into every one of these cases and change the code!

I am so excited!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #113 on: October 14, 2010, 06:22:50 PM »

I hope you are feeling better, John.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #114 on: October 14, 2010, 06:25:59 PM »

So, we ventured out to our local cinema for a 4:45 showing of Social Network and as soon as the previews started they were accompanied by a very loud buzzing.  Richard went out to the lobby to find someone to address the problem and the movie started.  Said person finally reduced the volume of the buzzing but it still drowned out the dialogue.  Richard left again, followed shortly by the pair of girls who were the only other people in the audience.  I sat in the theatre by myself for a few minutes, then I left, too.  The 4 of us were standing in the doorway when we heard the buzz totally disappear, so we headed back in only to discover that now it was totally out of focus.  It was clear the guy in the booth had no idea what he was doing, so Richard and I went to the cashier, got our money back, and left.

When our town's one and only movie theatre goes out of business, we'll know why.  We should have driven to the Cincinnati 'burbs in the first place.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 06:34:23 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: October 14, 2010, 06:28:16 PM »

Angel never liked having a bath, but she would let me do it.  I would run lukewarm water in the bathtub, then go and get her and take her to the bathroom and close the door.  She always looked so pitiful when she was soaking wet.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 06:31:37 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: October 14, 2010, 06:31:50 PM »

Watching the movie - which is very good with a great central performance.  I did fall asleep for about fifteen minutes, so I went back and am watching that now.

John G.

« Reply #117 on: October 14, 2010, 06:35:39 PM »

I hope you are feeling better, John.
Yes, I'm feeling better, but mentally I'm still brain-dead. Though the thought of correcting someone else's mistake on my "free" time is numbing even to my empty head.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #118 on: October 14, 2010, 06:38:15 PM »

So, we ventured out to our local cinema for a 4:45 showing of Social Network and as soon as the previews started they were accompanied by a very loud buzzing.  Richard went out to the lobby to find someone to address the problem and the movie started.  Said person finally reduced the volume of the buzzing but it still drowned out the dialogue.  Richard left again, followed shortly by the pair of girls who were the only other people in the audience.  I sat in the theatre by myself for a few minutes, then I left, too.  The 4 of us were standing in the doorway when we heard the buzz totally disappear, so we headed back in only to discover that now it was totally out of focus.  It was clear the guy in the booth had no idea what he was doing, so Richard and I went to the cashier, got our money back, and left.

When our town's one and only movie theatre goes out of business, we'll know why.  We should have driven to the Cincinnati 'burbs in the first place.
I remember that theater. Saw some great and some horrible movies there, everything from "Breakfast Club" to "Dune." If ever there were a problem, you just had to live with it. The projectionist was either getting stoned or having sex with someone in the booth.
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: October 14, 2010, 06:43:46 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up