Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SUMMER KNOWS THAT IT'S NOT SUMMER, SO KNOCK OFF THE DAMN HEAT WAVE, WILL YA?  (Read 18746 times)

Cillaliz

I'm really tired.  I was up until about 1:30 am working on the appeal petition and had to get up at 6:00 am to get to the office for an early morning conference call.  I"m so glad this week is over

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?

Yesterday (I believe), DR JMK posted this:

"JR, someone with almost your initials is playing Indy with Beaverton's (NOT Tumwater's  ) Shoshana Bean."

And said person with "almost your initials" just posted this on Twitter:

Just had terrifying realization that people paid money for their tickets tonight.

;D
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 05:05:11 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!

This morning I have more auditions. Jarrod Emick has taken another job and left the Appalachian piece. So, we're still looking for two men to replace him and Ben Hope and a young lady to play the young wife. Our DR Jose is playing the auditions, which suddenly appeared yesterday. Following that, I ned to stop by the Encores! office before heading back uptown. Then, it's either laundry or writing a harp part.

TOD: 
  DVD:  Oh, lordy! those three Netflix items are still sitting here
  CD: Appalachian/folk/country/bluegrass, Gi;bert & Sullivan, Offenbach, Guy Haines, Jacques Brel
  VCR: Light entertainment shorts

Wouldn't you prefer your light entertainment without shorts?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!

And the word of the day is: HENDIADYS!

I know a dark secluded place.
A place where no one knows your face.
A glass of wine, a fast embrace.
It's called--
Hendiadys Hideaway!
Ole!

;D ;D
“One thing’s universal,

KevinH

Health vibes for DR vixmom's Dad

KevinH

I meant to mention that I went to Big Lots when I was in Buffalo.  I remember one of the HHWers mentioning the DVD bargains that can be found there.  Sure enough, I picked up "Sunset Boulevard" for only $3!

TCB

• Because I can!

Why is it that something as simple as Lipton Onion Soup Dip can be so damn tasty?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!

I had to make an unexpected visit to the vet.  The sting/bite/whatever that he has went from greatly improved to infected.  It has also spread. 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

I think we had some good auditions today. It was great to see our DR jose.

I would like a nap, but I think I will run to the corner bodega and then do the laundry. My chores for the Encores! Gala may change today, depending on what Kate Baldwin ends up singing, so I think the laundry while I'm free is a good idea.

DR elmore - Do you happen to know if Patti LuPone is singing? Or is she just speaking/presenting? -If you're at liberty to share such details.

I know nothing about the Gala beyond what I am working on. Sorry, DR Jose!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!

TOD:

I have a number of Blu discs awaiting my perusal, including "Tree of Life", "First Nudie Musical", and "Lost in Space" (it was cheap, and it has one of the finest scores ever written for a genre film).

I didn't even know that there was a movie version of LOST IN SPACE.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

Now to check out of the motel and make my way to Glendale for lunch with my friend Jerry Lee. Then, on to the airport.

DR MBarnum - It really does sound like you had quite a wonderful time in L.A.

*You may want to head back to L.A. in a few weeks to catch THIS SHOW. ::)

Jeez, that has DR MBarnum written all over it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

I meant to mention that I went to Big Lots when I was in Buffalo.  I remember one of the HHWers mentioning the DVD bargains that can be found there.  Sure enough, I picked up "Sunset Boulevard" for only $3!

I guess DR MBarnum passed it over in his rush for the really trashy ones.

Laura

Poor Sherlock. Is he ok now?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!

Ooh! Ooh!  Memory flasback:  I recall cleaning my first apartment -- a two-bedroom in Vicenza, Italy (small kitchen, wonderful layout of rooms, nice balconies) -- and listening to Streisand sing "I Never Has Seen Snow."     It was on "Barbra Streisand...and other Musical Instruments" which was a newish LP recording in my collection at that time (1973).   

It reminds me that I don't play music while I clean any more.   What's up with that?   It was always a huge help!
Music and cleaning certainly do go together. Too bad I've given up the cleaning thing entirely.

You and I are sharing the same apartment?
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

Why is it that something as simple as Lipton Onion Soup Dip can be so damn tasty?

I use onion soup mix plus a can of diced tomatoes with the juice to make a tasty soup broth. Then add veggies and meat (unless I'm making it for DR Sandra).

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical

YUCK! YUCK! YUCK!

I thought I picked up a cracker crumb & began eating.  When it had a strange crunch to it I spit it out & discovered it was a bug.

YUCK! YUCK! YUCK!

Aren't you glad I shared?

I yelled at Keith to open a Pepsi for me to fizz out my mouth.

I was eating a cookie a few months ago when much the same thing happened, except I discovered the cookie was literally teeming with ants.  Not one to waste a perfectly good cookie, I brushed the little critters off and finished my snack.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

TCB

• Because I can!

Many vibes for Vixmom's dad's doctor visit!!!!

Ditto!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!

Darn BK, had I thought about it I would have invited myself over to watch the shooting. That would have been so much fun, for me anyhow. I could have even been the gopher!

Or the fluffer.
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

YUCK! YUCK! YUCK!

I thought I picked up a cracker crumb & began eating.  When it had a strange crunch to it I spit it out & discovered it was a bug.

YUCK! YUCK! YUCK!

I was eating a cookie a few months ago when much the same thing happened, except I discovered the cookie was literally teeming with ants.  Not one to waste a perfectly good cookie, I brushed the little critters off and finished my snack.  ;)

I'll bet you can figure out why I won't eat Raisin Bran ever again.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?

DR KevinH - If you start watching Bollywood movies and lusting over body-builders and physique models who were in their prime in the 1950's... Seek Help Immediately!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?

I think we had some good auditions today. It was great to see our DR jose.

I would like a nap, but I think I will run to the corner bodega and then do the laundry. My chores for the Encores! Gala may change today, depending on what Kate Baldwin ends up singing, so I think the laundry while I'm free is a good idea.

DR elmore - Do you happen to know if Patti LuPone is singing? Or is she just speaking/presenting? -If you're at liberty to share such details.

I know nothing about the Gala beyond what I am working on. Sorry, DR Jose!

No worries, DR elmore.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?

~~~~~VIBES FOR DD SHERLOCK~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?

Do you eat it straight out of the packet?
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

My parents had company and made fresh lemonade to serve them.  By the time she realized ants were in it they were all enjoying the delicious lemonade.  She never told them what the "secret" flavoring was. ;D

Jane

JMK, but you didn't discover the ants because they had an unusual crunch & taste to them. :P

TCB

• Because I can!

YUCK! YUCK! YUCK!

YUCK! YUCK! YUCK!

Bloody Jane's chewin' betel nuts.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

Thank you DR's Laura & Jose.  While Sherlock didn't appreciate his trip to the vet he seems fine.  It is on his elbow bone so we have to be extra watchful of it.

Jane

My quote option isn't working again.  It has been so long I thought the problem was gone forever.

DR TCB I had to look up betel nuts.  I don't think so-lol.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

Oy! The Guthrie Theatre PINAFORE looks really awful. It has none of the wonderful "play with the original" of the Joseph Papp PIRATES OF PENZANCE. This is more "Anything Pins Adore" with lots of "new" rhumba and Latin arrangements. I think I'll turn it off.

http://www.tcdailyplanet.net/arts/hms-pinafore-guthrie-theater-review
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up