Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CHEERLEADER  (Read 39241 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:THE CHEERLEADER
« Reply #300 on: March 05, 2007, 04:50:54 PM »

I have met and I have lunched. Perhaps I will go shopping for a court outfit.
You'd look good in tennis whites!

Oh, not that kind of court.  Their loss.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Miss Karen

« Reply #301 on: March 05, 2007, 04:52:18 PM »

Page 11,  maybe?

Miss Karen

« Reply #302 on: March 05, 2007, 04:53:09 PM »

Yes, thanks to DR Woody, Page 11!!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #303 on: March 05, 2007, 04:54:55 PM »

Our local PBS station has a fun documentary tonight--a review of a number of local children's television hosts from the 50s and 60s.  A lot of my childhood favorites will be included--Sally Starr, Pixanne (who I had a crush on), Gene London, Chief Half Town, Ranger Rex and Captain Noah (who I always made fun of but turned out to be one of the nicest men I ever met.)

The show is part of the local station's pledge drive and this show will be repeated a number of times this week, so I can afford to miss it tonight (since it runs against HEROES.)  But I will Tivo it at some point and enjoy it then.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #304 on: March 05, 2007, 04:57:54 PM »

;D   ha-haaa --- you can still make me laugh, even after being so wicked this morning and taunting me with ...I dare not say it least I start off on it again....

The refreshment stand jingle that shall not say it's name.   :)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Miss Karen

« Reply #305 on: March 05, 2007, 04:59:26 PM »

I love hugs!

More than Oscar Mayer in the evening?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #306 on: March 05, 2007, 04:59:28 PM »

High winds here tonight.  I keep hearing somebody's neglected recycling container rolling back and forth on the sidewalk out front.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #307 on: March 05, 2007, 05:01:53 PM »

High winds here tonight.  I keep hearing somebody's neglected recycling container rolling back and forth on the sidewalk out front.

There's a lyric for a song in there somewhere.....
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #308 on: March 05, 2007, 05:02:26 PM »

More than Oscar Mayer in the evening?

Ew!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Miss Karen

« Reply #309 on: March 05, 2007, 05:11:26 PM »

Ew!

What do you mean "Ew!" ?  A factual bit of trivia -- DR MBarnum likes hot dogs in the evening -- so the resident psychomeatrist was only asking as clarification about which he loves more -- hugs or hot dogs...most innocent .....

( ;))

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #310 on: March 05, 2007, 05:11:56 PM »

Many thanks to all and sundry who were concerned, expressed concern -- public and private -- about my whereabouts and health over the weekend.

I had a touch of something ugly, but I was still able to do things around the house.  I had to ensure I left nothing in harms' way, though, 'cause when I had to go, I HAD to go!

It seems all better now (I'm rather dehydrated today, but am drinking lots of water), and hopefully nothing will recur.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #311 on: March 05, 2007, 05:12:51 PM »

What do you mean "Ew!" ?  A factual bit of trivia -- DR MBarnum likes hot dogs in the evening -- so the resident psychomeatrist was only asking as clarification about which he loves more -- hugs or hot dogs...most innocent .....

( ;))

Since he doesn't like them in the morning, I guess there aren't many sleepovers.

Now THAT's an "Ewwwww!"

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #312 on: March 05, 2007, 05:13:57 PM »

Jose, George, Dan (the Man), Jrand, Miss Karen & Ed, thank you for the good vibes.  So far our news isn’t bad, which is good news for now.  

The problem has never been with Sherlock’s paw.  It seems to be someplace on his leg, probably the left leg.  We still aren’t sure.

While the vet couldn’t find the location of the possible strain, it doesn’t appear to be a growth related problem (our big fear) which is fairly common in large puppies.  At 7 months and 87 pounds he is definitely a large puppy. The examination didn’t hurt him at all & he thought it was fun when we went outside to walk & run him while the doctor watched.  He enjoys his visits there & playtime with our vet’s pug.

For now we still have to wait and see, which means no hikes for the next week.  We can still walk him around town on a leash.  

Jane

« Reply #313 on: March 05, 2007, 05:15:18 PM »

Ron-I'm glad you are feeling better, welcome back.

Jane

« Reply #314 on: March 05, 2007, 05:15:45 PM »

I forgot about Cleo and The People’s Choice.  It would be fun to watch the show again.

Jeanne we just finished the first 3 episode of THE DUCHESS OF DUKE STREET & so far have enjoyed it very much.  We are waiting the arrival of Disc 2.  

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #315 on: March 05, 2007, 05:20:44 PM »

Der Grampa is with the grandlads right now.  I think he has taken them to see Bridge to Terabithia, and won't be back until late.

This means I get to scrounge dinner for myself.

I'm thinking eggs and sausage.

I'm thinking Toad in a Hole.

(I'm thinking I'll have enough for myself and to share with the doggies!)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #316 on: March 05, 2007, 05:26:13 PM »

I should get offline now, in case der B calls.

I'll be recording Heroes for him, in any case.

I hope Ben and Ant aren't sitting behind any tall people.

Jane

« Reply #317 on: March 05, 2007, 05:37:42 PM »

JRand-I enjoyed the clip.  I have a new, improved opinion of Zsa Zsa now.

Edi-What town is your hairdresser from?  I didn’t get my hair cut while I was in Romania, however the hairdresser I went to gave me the best shampoo & massage I have ever had.  I would have trusted her to cut my hair.

DRLaura-love the new look. ;D

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #318 on: March 05, 2007, 05:41:29 PM »

The problem has never been with Sherlock’s paw.

Maybe he pulled something in the past...like your arm out of its socket! :)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #319 on: March 05, 2007, 05:45:56 PM »

Edi-What town is your hairdresser from?  I didn’t get my hair cut while I was in Romania, however the hairdresser I went to gave me the best shampoo & massage I have ever had.  I would have trusted her to cut my hair.

I'll find out. This guy also gives a great shampoo/massage. His mother was a hairdresser, so he's been around it all his life.

He learned to trim at 17
The hair of men and beauty queens...

Unfortunately, his mother is in a long battle with cancer, and is so far away. I can tell it hurts him not to be by her side but he hopes to be over there soon.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jane

« Reply #320 on: March 05, 2007, 06:16:19 PM »

Edi-So sad.  When my mother was dying we were in the middle of moving from Massachusetts to Pennsylvania.  Keith had a new job & the boys were very young.  I only managed two visits to her, one without the boys.  Shortly after we moved she passed away, the same week our 15 year old babysitter in Massachusetts died.  Keith had to stay home with the pets & his new job.  We never even considered him going home with me.  Needless to say this was a very difficult time for all of us.  

A few months later Keith went to L.A. on business and went to the cemetery.  I had no idea he was planning to do so.  The thought still brings tears to my eyes.

Jane

« Reply #321 on: March 05, 2007, 06:18:30 PM »

I'll find out. This guy also gives a great shampoo/massage. His mother was a hairdresser, so he's been around it all his life.

He learned to trim at 17
The hair of men and beauty queens...

I doubt he is from the small town Craig, our younger son, taught high school English.  I’m still interested where he is from.

Jane

« Reply #322 on: March 05, 2007, 06:23:35 PM »

Maybe he pulled something in the past...like your arm out of its socket! :)

He is too strong for that, he just drags me along with him.  At least my arm stays in the socket that way. ;D

Yesterday we began using a pronged collar.  They look barbaric but are the safest collar for a dog that pulls that I know of.  And he doesn't mind it nearly as much as the gentle leader (halti-collar style) I was using.  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #323 on: March 05, 2007, 07:04:47 PM »

Nurse Jane, thank you for the beautiful and tasteful card I recieived this afternoon.

DR MissKaren, I don't know what to say about the card you sent!  I am agog, if not agape or aghast.  I can't imagine using words like tasteful to describe it.  At least I know now what the remainder of your avatar looks like. so my curiosity is satisfied.  Thank you.  I guess. :)
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #324 on: March 05, 2007, 07:17:22 PM »

You, me and Ron Pulliam? Can this be a computer-borne virus?

Not computer-borne. I think it shows what a small world we live in now. So much air travel--indeed, all sorts of travel. Plus, I'd been knocking myself out trying to get things done here; clearly, I needed more rest.

Jane

« Reply #325 on: March 05, 2007, 07:18:37 PM »

DR elmore.  You are welcome.  As for the description of Miss Karen's card  ;D

Jane

« Reply #326 on: March 05, 2007, 07:18:59 PM »

'night

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #327 on: March 05, 2007, 07:20:37 PM »

Not to get you started on hairdressers, but I LOVE mine! I had the same guy for 20 some years, back when I had waist length hair, he was the one who cut it short and I never wanted to change.

He owned a very expensive salon where I would never be able to afford to go had we not been friends. He gave me a "documentary maker" rate. He didn't like working for his rich clients, though, and listening to their political tirades. He said that if Bush was reelected, he was leaving the country.

Now he's retired to Argentina. The guy who bought his shop was a young Romanian guy, but he gives me great haircuts, even better than my friend who left. Last time I went, after the new hairdresser cut it, I thought the bangs were too long. He was very hesitant but went ahead and trimmed them. I was totally wrong and now they are way too short and not worthy of Jose. I hope he won't be ashamed to be seen with me!

:(

ENVY, ENVY, ENVY.

Cillaliz

« Reply #328 on: March 05, 2007, 07:23:52 PM »

Of course, DR Cillaliz may have a different opinion.

If you tell them they are all guilty, it normally doesn't keep you off the jury after the "can you be fair" questions. If on the other hand you have a personal or religious conviction against judging other people and couldn't find anyone guilty...I bet you'll be off the jury

Cillaliz

« Reply #329 on: March 05, 2007, 07:44:36 PM »

I can't believe NO ONE mentioned Mr. Ed!!!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Up