Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CEREAL KILLER  (Read 27408 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:THE CEREAL KILLER
« Reply #210 on: July 22, 2007, 07:27:18 PM »

Now perhaps I will go back and check up on the Trivia Question.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Julie

« Reply #211 on: July 22, 2007, 07:27:51 PM »

Don't worry, DR JMK.  Some people are truly at their happiest when they have a problem that needs solving.

(Although others may be at their happiest when eating ice cream.)

FJL

« Reply #212 on: July 22, 2007, 07:27:55 PM »

Thanks, Jrand.

Sin-tillating - sounds like a blurb for a Dell Romance

FJL

« Reply #213 on: July 22, 2007, 07:31:32 PM »

This is post 8008.  You can say it backwards which is 8008.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #214 on: July 22, 2007, 07:33:28 PM »

A belated congrats to CILLALIZ on 10,000.

A more timely congrats to FJL on 8,000.

FJL

« Reply #215 on: July 22, 2007, 07:34:51 PM »

Thanks, Jeanne.

Hey, thanking everyone individually will get me to 9000 sooner, won't it?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #216 on: July 22, 2007, 07:40:38 PM »

Good Evening!

I took the subway there: The West Village.  The D Train down to West 4th Street to be exact.  Love that express train.
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #217 on: July 22, 2007, 07:42:48 PM »

I am lovng my new reviewing gig--just uploaded a review (probably won't be live for another few hours, or maybe tomorrow--a Cabaret reference) of Son of Fury, just so's FF's represented (although there's a glowing review of Come and Get It by--are you read for this JR?--a guy named Glenn Erickson!!

But, in even better news, I just got an advance screening pass for The Simpsons Movie, which I will be able to take Gabe to as an early birthday present the day before the movie opens!!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #218 on: July 22, 2007, 07:44:32 PM »

I ate here: Beard Papa Sweets Caffe - A Royal Milk Tea Cream Puff.  YUM!

It's sort of hard to describe what exactly Royal Milk Tea tastes like, but, basically Royal Milk Tea is made by steeping tea leaves in milk (instead of water).  And I have to say, that the RMT variety is one of my favorites at Beard Papa.  The other one being their Earl Grey one.
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

« Reply #219 on: July 22, 2007, 07:45:10 PM »

Good Evening!

I took the subway there: The West Village.  The D Train down to West 4th Street to be exact.  Love that express train.

The West Village was my family's little "hideaway", Jose.  In fact the whole block of W. 11th between 5th and 6th was owned by my Uncles for decades.  They're renovating one of the last buildings he owned right now if you walk down the street (my sis was just there and sent me pictures--I'm not psychic).  If you ever listen to the commentary on The Producers (the original one), you'll hear Mel Brooks talk about Dustin Hoffman throwing pebbles at the window of Mel's flat on W. 11th when Dustin got cast for The Graduate (he was originally cast in The Producers, believe it or don't).  It's that building he's talking about.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #220 on: July 22, 2007, 07:46:05 PM »

I walked over there: down Bleecker, eventually over to Eighth Ave, then back around to Waverly Place.

I was hoping that the high-end hot dog cart was out today, but they weren't.  Oh, well.  I did walk by the Magnolia Bakery, and it doesn't seem like their recent closing by the Health Department has affected their business at all.  There was quite a line around the corner.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #221 on: July 22, 2007, 07:49:31 PM »

The West Village was my family's little "hideaway", Jose.  In fact the whole block of W. 11th between 5th and 6th was owned by my Uncles for decades.  They're renovating one of the last buildings he owned right now if you walk down the street (my sis was just there and sent me pictures--I'm not psychic).  If you ever listen to the commentary on The Producers (the original one), you'll hear Mel Brooks talk about Dustin Hoffman throwing pebbles at the window of Mel's flat on W. 11th when Dustin got cast for The Graduate (he was originally cast in The Producers, believe it or don't).  It's that building he's talking about.

I most likely walked by that building today.  A few months ago, the New York Times did a block-by-block "analysis" of W. 11th - points of interest, architecture, restaurants, etc.  What a neat street.  -And, of course, having to explain that W. 11th doesn't really run from West-to-East, but rather from West-to-Southeast is always "fun" to explain to out-of-towners.  -Of course, then there's W. 4th Street too.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #222 on: July 22, 2007, 07:49:43 PM »

Cute line by a contestant on the Design Star show:  "Talent is like beauty, either you're born with it or you buy it."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #223 on: July 22, 2007, 07:51:58 PM »

Once I made way around back to Waverly Place, I ate here: Taim.  I discovered this place last year when I was doing Dear Edwina at Rattlestick, which is in residence right next door.  Wonderful falafel as always.  And I found out that I could actually just order the side order of the "falafel sampler" by itself: six balls of falafel, two of each variety.  And all for just $3.50.  Very good.  I was tempted to get a batch of their incredible french fries with saffron aioli, but I decided to leave room for other foodstuffs.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #224 on: July 22, 2007, 07:55:17 PM »

Then I walked back around to 6th Avenue and Bleecker.  I happened to pass the IFC, and noticed that they are showing the new Patrice LeConte film, "Le Meilleur Ami" ("My Best Friend").  The always wonderful Daniel Auteuil is the star.  I made note of the show times, and I think I'm going to try to catch it sometime this week.  -They're also showing the new documentary, "Summer Camp".  That looks good too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #225 on: July 22, 2007, 07:57:34 PM »

Then I ended walking back up Bleecker to Cones for some gelato.  Today's personal selection: Corn (yes, Corn) and Mocha Chocolate Chip.  I've always liked their Corn gelato - apparently, it's the most popular flavor in South America ??? - and I wasn't sure the Mocha Chocolate Chip would be a complementary pairing, but it actually worked rather well.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #226 on: July 22, 2007, 08:05:05 PM »

Then I walked back down Bleecker towards SoHo.  And once I reached Broadway, I decided to check out the newish Uniqlo flagship store.  I had been seeing the ads for Uniqlo all over the place, but I had no real idea what the store was all about until I came across a catalog the other day.  It's basic clothes at basic prices.  Basically.  It's a Japanese chain, and the SoHo store is three levels of mainly all-cotton clothing.  I'd say it's like upscale Gap, but made with better quality materials, and not so fad-ish.  I'll definitely be making a return trip for some purchasing.

*They have a current promotion where various artists designed graphic tees for the store.  And most of them just cost $15.  -Which is quite the bargain since most graphic tees are running anywhere from $40-200(!!).  There's a line of "ECM" t-shirts which have the graphics from ECM's record and CD art.  Very cool.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 08:07:53 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #227 on: July 22, 2007, 08:05:41 PM »

A quick hello. I've been abducted by Harry Potter. book today - movie tomorrow.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #228 on: July 22, 2007, 08:06:32 PM »

Congratulations  DR FJL.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

FJL

« Reply #229 on: July 22, 2007, 08:07:21 PM »

Thanks, Tomovoz.

(One small post for me, one step closer to 9000)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #230 on: July 22, 2007, 08:10:31 PM »

It's an astoundingly complete database of film, videogame, etc.

Hmmm...there's a DVD coming out on August 21st (80th anniversary of the execution) that you might be interested in reviewing?

http://firstrunfeatures.com/saccovanzettidvd.html

;D
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #231 on: July 22, 2007, 08:16:05 PM »

By the time I had stepped into the Uniqlo store, they were only open for about ten more minutes, but that was enough time for a quick browse.  Then I headed back up Broadway to 14th Street and Union Square.

I decided to give a new Thai sandwich place a try: Thai Me Up.  Now, I've heard of Vietnamese sandwiches before, banh mi, but I keep seeing Thai sandwich places popping up here and there.  So, I decided to give it a try.  It's basically the same as banh mi but a bit more substantial.  I ordered a Chicken one with their White Ginger sauce.  It was basically stir-fried chicken and vegetables on a baguette, with a spicy sauce - that turned out to be not that spicy.  It was a good sandwich - and actually quite healthy, but I found myself wishing for a good ole hamburger and french fries while I was eating it.  -And I almost dumped the sandwich a few bites in and headed over to Blue 9 Burger around the corner, but since I'm not one to waste food...

So, instead, I headed over to Max Brenner, and selected a few chocolates from their case for dessert: Dark Chocolate with Wild Flower Honey, Milk Chocolate with Toasted Coconut, Dark Chocolate with Spices, and Dark Chocolate with Black Pepper and Cornflakes(!).  All very good.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #232 on: July 22, 2007, 08:16:18 PM »

Tonight, I decided to crack open the SUPERMAN serial box (no pun intended on today's talk about cereals). I started playing the episodes from the second serial - ATOM MAN VS. SUPERMAN.

They're incredibly primitive compared to the TV series (which is primitive compared to the movies), but I like the low budget and crummy acting. The first episode introduced the idea of coins which can help people become invisible. They used this idea on one episode of the TV series many years later.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JMK

« Reply #233 on: July 22, 2007, 08:16:57 PM »

Hmmm...there's a DVD coming out on August 21st (80th anniversary of the execution) that you might be interested in reviewing?

http://firstrunfeatures.com/saccovanzettidvd.html

;D

If you can get me an advance copy, I'm sure I can review it--or if it's on Amazon, I can link it to my "wish list," though I can't guarantee I'll be the one who ends up with it.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #234 on: July 22, 2007, 08:18:49 PM »

And since I was down at Union Square, I stopped into Trader Joe's to pick up some groceries for the week.  The store was crowded as usual, but not crazy-crowded (as usual).  I was actually in and out there in about ten minutes.

And once I got on the subway back at Union Square, I guesss the "gods of the IRT" were smiling on me, since I made it all the way back uptown (from 14th to 145th) in just 18 minutes!  -And that included transferring to the D Train at 34th Street!

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #235 on: July 22, 2007, 08:20:22 PM »

TOnight I watched the movie THE ILLUSIONIST. Having already seen THE PRESTIGE, the big surprise in the film was no surprise at all, but it was still a very enjoyable movie and a lot less mean-spirited than THE PRESTIGE. I think I like THE PRESTIGE a little more, just for its ambitiousness, but they're both well made and beautifully acted movies.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #236 on: July 22, 2007, 08:21:05 PM »

How's that for a throwdown! -Or was it a smackdown?

In any case, I don't think Liza Minelli could really generate enough posts for a proper throwdown/smackdown.  Now, maybe if the subject was her mother, Judy Garland, well, that's someone who's a bit more post-worthy, imho.  ;)

*Of course, if you really want to generate some posts, there's always "food" to get things going.  Or "The Music Man".  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #237 on: July 22, 2007, 08:21:49 PM »

While I was waiting for ENTOURAGE to come on, I watched about 25 minutes of THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA on one of the HBO channels. This was the section in the middle where Andy managed to get the Harry Potter manuscript for Miranda's twins.

Matt H.

« Reply #238 on: July 22, 2007, 08:23:43 PM »

ENTOURAGE had some fun moments as Lloyd broke up with his boy friend and couldn't do his job which drove Ari crazy. I knew Drama and Turtle's auction jaunt wouldn't turn out well.

JMK

« Reply #239 on: July 22, 2007, 08:24:01 PM »

How's that for a throwdown! -Or was it a smackdown?

In any case, I don't think Liza Minelli could really generate enough posts for a proper throwdown/smackdown.  Now, maybe if the subject was her mother, Judy Garland, well, that's someone who's a bit more post-worthy, imho.  ;)

*Of course, if you really want to generate some posts, there's always "food" to get things going.  Or "The Music Man".  :)

Liza was simply the conduit (so to speak)--the tunnel can lead anywhere, my good man, and with Liza it could certainly lead to Judy and food.  And I'm sure there's some intimate connection to Music Man which could be found with a little digging.  :)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up