Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: SOAP OPERA  (Read 12882 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re:SOAP OPERA
« Reply #120 on: August 24, 2004, 09:49:21 PM »

Can we talk about Soap Operas?  I've been wanting to hear about soap operas all day.  

When I was in 3rd grade, my sister and I got hooked on Dark Shadows, and consequently, on General Hospital.  This was back in the days when it was about Dr. Hardy and Jessie Brewer and Audrey and Lee and Phil.  Jessie Brewer was always falsly accused of murdering someone and put on trials and always found guilty (of course, she was always freed at the last minute when the real murderer was revealed.)  

For all the strum and drang she went through, you would think that Jessie would have more to do in her later years on the show than being consigned to wearing sweaters and standing behind the nurses desk.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #121 on: August 24, 2004, 09:54:54 PM »

Page Five Greecian Dance:

« Last Edit: August 24, 2004, 09:55:49 PM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #122 on: August 24, 2004, 09:55:38 PM »

I have been busy printing, stapling, folding, labeling, counting, and sorting newsletters today.  Tomorrow I get to sit in the post office to mail them. Isn't that an exciting report?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #123 on: August 24, 2004, 09:57:16 PM »

I'm here.  You're here.

Ann is here.  Laura was here.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #124 on: August 24, 2004, 10:14:40 PM »

Well, it's taken me a while, but I've caught up on the last few days of HHW posts.  A few things to be said...

Good job vibes to those who need them

A BIG, if belated, happy birthday to the wonderfully wonderful TCB.  

The pics of the Portland gathering were simply faboo.  So sorry that TCB, Jed, and myself were unable to attend.  I do think there should be another gathering...maybe we could all get together and see TCB in Ten Little Indians next month :D

Jane - I have actually been seriously considering getting sugar gliders as pets for myself.  I'm a bit lonely in this apartment all by myself.  Would you mind if I wrote and asked a few questions about them??

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2004, 10:17:34 PM »

Page Five Greecian Dance:

One Grecian Urn... :)

Tomovoz

« Reply #126 on: August 24, 2004, 10:26:57 PM »

Well I'm back from a short shopping trip. Short short short. I need to shorten (what's new) two new pairs of trousers - to pay for it to be done would be would be the same cost as one pair of trousers! Another day of missing the skills of my Mother. You needed to know all that  - All those multiple fittings lengths etc  available these days never seem to help me much.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #127 on: August 24, 2004, 10:27:43 PM »

90 minutes left for another dozen posts.  We can do it.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #128 on: August 24, 2004, 10:45:08 PM »

I shall keep an eye on the clock.  I may need to become my own frenzy.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: August 24, 2004, 10:50:57 PM »

Is this a holiday or something I don't know about?  I'm simply agog, oh, yes, I'm simply agog.  I am, at this moment, getting out the bitch-slap machine.

Tomovoz

« Reply #130 on: August 24, 2004, 10:54:05 PM »

Lest anyone have an image of me hand sewing hems by candlelight, be assure I am using iron on hemming tape.  A tailor I am not. I don't even tinker with tailoring.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #131 on: August 24, 2004, 10:56:46 PM »

Isn't "agog" an interesting word.  I am agog. They were agug, they shall agag. . He used to agoog..
Fascinating.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #132 on: August 24, 2004, 10:58:08 PM »

And of course he drives a gogomobile.  Would you be agog if you were watching someone going to a "go-go" in a gogomobile.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #133 on: August 24, 2004, 11:03:57 PM »

I am about to go to the Post Office to post greetings to my "birth" mother who will be 80 on Saturday. My "birth" father was 98 a couple of weeks ago. I am wearing excellent genes - (they don't need shortening!)
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #134 on: August 24, 2004, 11:04:44 PM »

I shall be back in 15 minutes to see if I need to add to the frenzy!
James Thurber 1957

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #135 on: August 24, 2004, 11:07:04 PM »

I never learned to sew a hem. And I don't think I shall ever bother. My mother used to sew hems for me, as well, Tom. I guess that's a mother thing. On the other hand, I'm a mother and I can't sew hems. Have I wasted enough posting space?

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #136 on: August 24, 2004, 11:08:47 PM »

Okay, now the dreaded 136 has been reached and the world is once again safe.

Tomovoz

« Reply #137 on: August 24, 2004, 11:20:54 PM »

It is a good feeling DR Panni. Stress is not my "thing". Of course neither is sewing nor knitting. I know a few men who can knit.  Maybe RLP has bones that have knitted.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #138 on: August 24, 2004, 11:22:13 PM »

I shall return for the notes of the new day..
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2004, 11:38:48 PM »

No one here but us chickens.  The WUSSBURGERS have deserted the ship.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #140 on: August 24, 2004, 11:57:13 PM »

Good Evening!

Sorry to have been errant and truant for the past few hours, but DR Jay and I attended tonight's performance of Intimate Apparel at the Mark Taper Forum.  Good play.  Great performances.  And it turned out there was a post-show discussion which we ended up staying for.  All in all, a very nice evening - which started off with a nice dinner at Philippe, The Original.  :)

It was my first trip to the Music Center complex too.

-And I better hit Post before I get locked out of "today"....
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #141 on: August 24, 2004, 11:58:41 PM »

You just made it Jose!
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up