Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MOLD PEOPLE  (Read 15638 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE MOLD PEOPLE
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2004, 01:09:06 PM »

And one for Mahler.

Jennifer

« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2004, 01:09:14 PM »

How was the Princess Diaries 2?  I actually loved #1 and cannot wait to see #2 (although probably only on DVD).

Jennifer

« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2004, 01:11:58 PM »

I did not even know that you could spell mold with a "u".  Mould does not look right!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2004, 01:27:30 PM »

Jennifer you might want to save your money and wait for the DVD.  It was kind of cute and romantic.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2004, 01:29:05 PM »

Actually Dame Julie Andrews is the only person who should be embarrassed.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2004, 01:29:58 PM »

Interesting piece of trivia learned while channel flipping yesterday:

Canada is the only country to have hosted the Olympic Games twice (Montreal '76 and Calgary '88) in which its athletes did not win a single gold medal.  

Supposedly Jacques Rogge, President of the IOC, is going to hold a meeting with the PM to work out a way that this won't happen in Vancouver 2010.

My solution?  Olympic Beaver Tail Eating.  Of course that Japanese hot dog eater might best us in that too... hmmm....

OK, Montreal I can understand.  Canada has never been that much of a powerhouse during the summer games.  But Calgary??  I am shocked that they didn't win a gold in something there....anyone for curling?

I doubt that they will have that problem in Vancouver, as well.

(I take that back....weren't the Montreal Games boycotted?  That should have left room for some other countries to pick up some "bling" as they say now....)

Now, I was watching diving Saturday night, but then lost track of it and, believe it or not, could not find the results in yesterday's Democrat & Chronicle.  (We call it the "D-n-C" for short, but I didn't want to offend some of you ladies of a certain age out there in the dark.  [Oooh!  A SUNSET BOULEVARD reference.])  

Should I assume that the very talented, very cute (and apparently very well endowed) Alex Despaties (sp?) did NOT win??
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 01:32:27 PM by Stuart »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2004, 01:35:48 PM »

I watched the movie of NOISES OFF this afternoon on HBO-HD. It definitely works brilliantly as a clever, intricate stage piece when the director keeps things tight. On film, the laughter is much, much less because we know they did many, many takes to get things right. Just makes it less funny somehow.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2004, 01:37:42 PM »

Haven't decided which DVD I'll be watching tonight, but it more than likely will not be a long film. That still gives me plenty to choose from in the to-watch stacks.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2004, 01:55:52 PM »

I have email from elmore to post but the doorbell just rang.   I shall return later with a nice message from him. :)

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2004, 02:20:41 PM »

Canada is the only country to have hosted the Olympic Games twice (Montreal '76 and Calgary '88) in which its athletes did not win a single gold medal.  

But did you catch skater Elizabeth Manley's flawless first-place-winning long program (to "Irma La Douce")? It gave her the silver - and, IMHO, was one of the greatest Olympic performances ever.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2004, 02:21:49 PM »

Should I assume that the very talented, very cute (and apparently very well endowed) Alex Despaties (sp?) did NOT win??

So, Stuart...you noticed that too?? ;) ;) ;) Sadly, he didn't do well on his last few dives and ended up fourth in the platform dives.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2004, 02:23:42 PM »

As for the Topic of the Day:

Favorite Steven Spielberg movies:  Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Raiders of the Lost Ark and Star Wars (a.k.a. Part 4:  A New Hope)
Honorable mentions:  Jaws, The Color Purple, Minority Report

Favorite John Williams scores:  Close Encounters, Raiders of the Lost Ark and Star Wars (a.k.a. Part 4:  A New Hope)
Honorable mention:  Superman
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2004, 02:25:59 PM »

"Mould" in Australia too!

Have still never seen "E.T.".. Hyped out of ever wanting to I guess!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2004, 02:27:25 PM »

Keith told me I'm not allowed to tell anyone what movie we saw yesteday-he is too embarrassed.  :-[ ;D

Awww, c'mon Dear Reader Jane.  Spill yer guts.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Tomovoz

« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2004, 02:33:21 PM »

I heard from TCB this morning. He is very busy with his 10 Little Tiny Tims.
Larry is also out there - under a pile of books in his kitchen at last report!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2004, 02:34:09 PM »

Ambiguity - Larry is not out in Washington under a pile of books in TCB's kitchen!
James Thurber 1957

Emily

« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2004, 02:45:54 PM »

OK, Montreal I can understand.  Canada has never been that much of a powerhouse during the summer games.  But Calgary??  I am shocked that they didn't win a gold in something there....anyone for curling?

I doubt that they will have that problem in Vancouver, as well.

(I take that back....weren't the Montreal Games boycotted?  That should have left room for some other countries to pick up some "bling" as they say now....)

The Montreal games were not boycotted by the Soviets or the Americans... that came later in '80 and '84.  Instead, according to the IOC website: "The 1976 Montreal Games were marred by an African boycott to protest the fact that the national rugby team of New Zealand had toured South Africa and New Zealand was scheduled to compete in the Olympics".  But then, I don't think Canada had much of a chance of winning the marathon away from the Kenyans regardless...

Now, I was watching diving Saturday night, but then lost track of it and, believe it or not, could not find the results in yesterday's Democrat & Chronicle.  (We call it the "D-n-C" for short, but I didn't want to offend some of you ladies of a certain age out there in the dark.  [Oooh!  A SUNSET BOULEVARD reference.])  

sigh sigh sigh

Another fourth place showing.
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2004, 02:57:40 PM »

Jose knows dis guy, OK?  Dis guy has himself a cabaret act.  All fancy.  He sings.  Yeah, he sings, wid dis great trio playin' for him.  Are youze following me?  Last night dey wuz playin' at dis lounge.  De lounge is in dis hotel in West Hollywood.  

Is dat clear enuf for you?

Got it!

And you don't know exactly where this acquaintance was struck, then???

:D

(I probably don't want to know).
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2004, 02:57:47 PM »

DR Jane, I am glad that you heard from Elmore. I have left him a couple of phone messages in the last two weeks but have heard nary a peep out of him!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2004, 03:01:01 PM »

Supposedly Jacques Rogge, President of the IOC, is going to hold a meeting with the PM to work out a way that this won't happen in Vancouver 2010.

My solution?  Olympic Beaver Tail Eating.  Of course that Japanese hot dog eater might best us in that too... hmmm....

A good old pemmican chew-off should clench a Canuck gold!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2004, 03:02:02 PM »

RLP - I think it was Phil Crosby Jr who met Jose at WHAT IF? on opening night.....just going by Jose's post.

But I could be wrong-o.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2004, 03:04:40 PM »

But did you catch skater Elizabeth Manley's flawless first-place-winning long program (to "Irma La Douce")? It gave her the silver - and, IMHO, was one of the greatest Olympic performances ever.

I'm sure I caught it, but I was WAY TOO BUMMED OUT over Debi Thomas' lackluster lucky-to-place-third performance to "Carmen."  Katarina Witt should NEVER have won that competition.  

Man!  I'm still BUMMED OUT about that!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2004, 03:05:22 PM »

RLP - I think it was Phil Crosby Jr who met Jose at WHAT IF? on opening night.....just going by Jose's post.

But I could be wrong-o.

Aw shucks...I was hoping for something a bit more tawdry.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2004, 03:10:28 PM »

LOL....

Off to rehearsal.  

Jane

« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2004, 03:30:10 PM »

Awww, c'mon Dear Reader Jane.  Spill yer guts.

Emily spilled them for me. :)

JRand-lol.  I read Julie Andrews enjoyed wearing the pretty clothes in the movie. :-\
Jennifer, it isn’t as good as the first one but suited my mood nicely.  Keith entertained himself by making jokes throughout the movie (no one was sitting near us). ;D

Jane

« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2004, 03:41:47 PM »

MBarnum, Larry mentioned he owes you a phone call and you were so sweet to call and tell him you miss him.

He says, “Please tell the folk at HHW I send my regards!  I miss posting and checking the entries every day.  Please give them all my regards.”

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
CONTINUED GOOD HEALTH VIBES TO ELMORE!
[/move]

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2004, 03:45:47 PM »

You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Jennifer

« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2004, 04:15:06 PM »

DR Stuart, I'm sure the diving results must be online.  But as others have said, the Canadian diver finished 4th.  Very upsetting.

The Chinese diver won (not the better, champion one).
That one finished 3rd.

The last diver did an amazing last dive, and ended up in 2nd place (he got 10s and 9.5s).

And YES I remember Elizabeth Manley.  That was an amazing Canadian Olympic moment.

Jennifer

« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2004, 04:19:27 PM »

Here it is, men's platform diving final results:

http://www.abc.net.au/olympics/2004/results/dv/600/00002/2104/default.htm

1 China, Jia Hu

2 Australia, Mathew Helm

3 China, Liang Tian

4 Canada, Alexandre Despatie

5 Great Britain, Peter Waterfie

Jane

« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2004, 04:24:08 PM »

And YES I remember Elizabeth Manley.  That was an amazing Canadian Olympic moment.

Yes it was. :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up