Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: LARD ON A CHEESE STICK  (Read 13033 times)

Jason

Re:LARD ON A CHEESE STICK
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2004, 01:48:19 PM »

Sandra: My tooth made a popping sound, too, when it came out. I was completely numb, but I could feel it sliding out of the socket. It was really weird.

I hear you're at ASU now. Congrats!!

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2004, 01:52:49 PM »

...My tooth made a popping sound, too, when it came out. I was completely numb, but I could feel it sliding out of the socket. It was really weird.

[size=8]Too much information![/size]
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004, 01:53:36 PM by Jay »
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2004, 02:03:23 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Sorry to have been E&T last night and this morning and afternoon (so far).  I've been spending the time resting and going through a bunch of "stuff" - sorted out a ton of stuff for the recycling bin - just how many issues of L.A. Weekly do I really need?  And do I really need to bring them back to Richmond?   NO.  ;)

So.. That's what I've been doing so far this Labor Day weekend.  I'm still not sure where the rest of the day will be taking me, but I'm sure it will be taking me someplace.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2004, 02:18:14 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Sorry to have been E&T last night and this morning and afternoon (so far).  I've been spending the time resting and going through a bunch of "stuff" - sorted out a ton of stuff for the recycling bin - just how many issues of L.A. Weekly do I really need?  And do I really need to bring them back to Richmond?   NO.  ;)

So.. That's what I've been doing so far this Labor Day weekend.  I'm still not sure where the rest of the day will be taking me, but I'm sure it will be taking me someplace.

Laters...

Jose, have you and/or DR Jay watched that Bollywood I sent you?

Jennifer

« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2004, 02:19:44 PM »

DR Jason, welcome back.  I am just as nosy as DR Jay and was going to comment that it seemed like we had missed something in the saga.  From your comments last night, it seemed like maybe you were having some big romance that we were all missing out on.  Hopefully things will work out for you.  Good luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2004, 02:19:50 PM »

DR Jane, I will e-mail my mom and find out the name and address of the gallery. It is a small gallery but there are always a lot of nice paintings from local artist's there. I do recall it is next door to the ACE hardware downtown and it is connected to an art supply store. You enter the store from the street side and the gallery from the alley side next to the parkade.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2004, 02:36:31 PM »

I'm back.  Snagged an early copy of David Cronenberg's very strange film Videodrome from Criterion.  Wonderful packaging and I'll probably give it a spin this evening.  

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2004, 02:36:46 PM »

Haflway through THE TWO TOWERS, and it's wonderful in the extended edition. Really loved the added scenes, and the DTS-ES 6.1 sound is bone-crunching. Marvelous. As for what comes after it tonight, I really have no idea. Maybe I'll get to ROCKY AND BULLWINKLE Season 2.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2004, 02:54:57 PM »

Sandra: My tooth made a popping sound, too, when it came out. I was completely numb, but I could feel it sliding out of the socket. It was really weird.

I hear you're at ASU now. Congrats!!

This wasn't just a popping sound. This was a really loud CRAAAAAAAACK as the tooth broke in two. One half came out in the dentist's hand all covered in blood, but the other half was still stuck in my mouth. Oh, it was so cool.

Thanks for the congratulations. ASU is OK, but I'm not crazy about all the homework. But I just read all the Wayside School books for my children's literature class. That was a fun assignment.

Oh, and do you think you would be able to chew some cookies? If they were extra soft?
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2004, 03:06:21 PM »

Jason - I agree with Jane about the ear thing - forgot all about it when I was giving you my non-expert advice earlier.

I'm redoing my laundry. I totally forgot that I had left it in the washer when I went out earlier. Got back to find it sitting on top of the washer -- which is fine -- but it hadn't been carefully stacked and my nice white (wet) T-shirt was put on top of something dusty and got dirtier than it was before I washed it. Sooo, rather than looking through the whole stack for other dirty things, I just threw it all in again. ....Fascinating, isn't it?  

Jason

« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2004, 03:11:22 PM »

DR Sandra: I'm sure I could find a way to eat cookies...especially if they're soft. :-)

Jennifer: Nope, you didn't miss any big romance. Nothing to see here, unfortunately...

Panni

« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2004, 03:13:28 PM »

Thanks for the photos, DB. I'm not a good Canadian or Hungarian when it comes to sports.
I really don't care too much.
I'm surprised that bk hasn't talked about WRESTLING. The Kritzer books make clear that's where his sports heroes are. A name has just popped into my head - a famous Canadian wrestler (I think he was Canadian) of my youth: SWEET DADDY SIKI. Love that name.

Emily

« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2004, 03:27:26 PM »

Scary Headline Today:

"Young woman's body found on McGill campus"

http://www.canada.com/montreal/montrealgazette/news/story.html?id=b62cb1b8-b48a-40f2-9742-039ee604c13c

I don't think I knew the girl... but still very sad for her family and friends...

On a completely DIFFERENT subject, my favourite sports heros/heroine is:

Saku Koivu - the current Captain of the Canadiens who was diagnosed with a form of leukemia when in his late twenties just before the hockey season began, underwent treament for several months, and was able to return to play with his team when they made the playoffs.  Amid all this, he and several of his teammates were *very* generous donors to the organization I used to be employed by which works with people with cancer.
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Panni

« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2004, 03:28:08 PM »

I was looking for something having to do with WHAT IF? on Google and accidentally came up an interesting site. 16 excellent political writers (I know - we don't talk politics here - oops) writing articles for the Washington Monthly under the umbrella heading WHAT IF BUSH WINS. If you want to check it out, here's the link

WHAT IF W WINS

François de Paris

« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2004, 03:32:07 PM »

Scary Headline Today:

"Young woman's body found on McGill campus"

http://www.canada.com/montreal/montrealgazette/news/story.html?id=b62cb1b8-b48a-40f2-9742-039ee604c13c

I don't think I knew the girl... but still very sad for her family and friends..

AND for the woman herself I would think!...........

François de Paris

« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2004, 03:48:52 PM »

I haven't seen the movie, Two Weeks Notice (2002), but I like that quote from it:

Meryl Brooks : Come on, I've known you since Brownies, and the only time I ever saw you cry was when Bush won.
Lucy Kelson : Which one?
Meryl Brooks : Well, both of them.

François de Paris

« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2004, 03:55:52 PM »

Another funny line from that movie:

Meryl Brooks : You should have gone with George
Lucy Kelson : He asked June
Meryl Brooks : He asked you too!
Lucy Kelson : He asked me too? How many women does a man need to take to dinner? Maybe in Utah.

------------------------------------------
Are we having fun yet????

François de Paris

« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2004, 03:58:53 PM »

One more? Yeah?
Ok!

George Wade : I own the hotel, and I live there. My life is very much like Monopoly.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2004, 04:07:48 PM »

Hey, we're havin' a Labor Day Bash here.  Where in tarnation IS everyone?  I had a delicious Astro Burger (bacon cheeseburger, to be exact) with a side of delicious zucchini fries with their delicious white stuff.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2004, 04:16:33 PM »

Sad to be all alone in the world.

Happy birthday to duskglow, whoever they may be.

Welcome six GUESTS.  We're talkin' about whatever the HELL we're talkin' about.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2004, 04:30:44 PM »

...my nice white (wet) T-shirt ...Fascinating, isn't it?  

Panni - models for her wet T_shirt contest:

FILM AT ELEVEN

der (better-then-pom-poms) Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Tomovoz

« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2004, 04:55:24 PM »

The non-American continent contigent is here it seems.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2004, 04:56:19 PM »

Just noticed that Emily is here too.

Make that the non USA DRs are on board.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2004, 04:57:39 PM »

I'm watching I VITELLONI. Took a quick break to feed wonderdog. Loving this movie. Now I'm thinking of maybe going to a conference I'm invited to in Rome in November because part of it will be touring Cinecitta.

Tomovoz

« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2004, 04:58:16 PM »

I still think of Fletcher as a Seagull. I guess they have Bach in common. (Maybe that's obscure as a reference)
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2004, 04:58:55 PM »

Still non USA citizens!!
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2004, 04:59:12 PM »

Got a message from my ex-stepson who now lives in Taiwan. He says he just saw MY LOUISIANA SKY on TV there!

Panni

« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2004, 05:01:24 PM »

I'm a one-woman United Nations, Tom.
A Canadian-American-Hungarian.

Tomovoz

« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2004, 05:02:15 PM »

Smart man to recognise a piece of sky from another country. (Theres a Yentl reference there somewhere).
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2004, 05:04:09 PM »

But even the United nations can't get my ship to come in DR Panni!
DR DiT has been trying the same method of mail! Same success rate.
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up