Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: DON'T RAIN ON MY PARADE  (Read 16369 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:DON'T RAIN ON MY PARADE
« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2004, 11:13:01 PM »

And one for BK!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #121 on: November 07, 2004, 11:13:17 PM »

Not too long after I got home tonight, my housemate came home (he was taking some square dance lessons).  After a bit, he asked if I had seen his cat Ebony, and I said that I hadn't.  I hadn't...she usually stays in his room until he gets home.  He couldn't find her.  We looked around the house.  I looked in my bedroom (which had been closed, but I looked anyway).  Anyway, we didn't find her!  I don't know where she could be.  When I left this afternoon, he was still home and the cat didn't get out with me.  So, hopefully she's just hiding somewhere and hasn't left the house.  She's never gone outside since moving here.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #122 on: November 07, 2004, 11:21:34 PM »

I went to IMDb to see what movies Howard Keel was in.  I realized that these are not just my favorite roles of his, these are the only movies of his that I've seen:

"Annie Get Your Gun"
"Show Boat"
"Kiss Me Kate"
"Seven Brides for Seven Brothers"
"Kismet"

I'm deprived (but not depraved, I'm sure).

George

« Reply #123 on: November 07, 2004, 11:28:58 PM »

Now I must end my "fre."  I have some training tomorrow at work and I must be there BEFORE 7:00 a.m.!  Who in their right mind starts work at 7:00 a.m.??  I don't ususally even wake up before 7:30.  AARRGGHH!!!  So, goodnight all.  I'm going to need all the "Wake Up In Time And Get Everything Done That Needs To Be Done Before Leaving For Work" vibes that I can get. ::)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: November 07, 2004, 11:33:06 PM »

Hey, Oz, we need a fershluganah frenzy!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: November 07, 2004, 11:33:25 PM »

I have finished with the notes and am still trying to think of a topic.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: November 07, 2004, 11:33:35 PM »

I'm myopic on the topic.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2004, 11:40:39 PM »

And then there is Alton Brown and Tyler Florence on The Food Network...
Ah, yes, Tyler Florence, eye candy in residence...

And he isn't married...

But he was...

dang...
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #128 on: November 07, 2004, 11:43:35 PM »

Have a safe trip home, Jose.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #129 on: November 07, 2004, 11:47:01 PM »

The Beef Bourguignon came off fairly well.  It would have been better if I'd used a better wine, and if I'd waited to add the pearl onions to the stew during the last ten minutes.  (I was following the recipe.  They melted.)  But all in all, the outcome was pretty good.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: November 07, 2004, 11:47:20 PM »

What IS Oz doing just sitting there like so much fish?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #131 on: November 07, 2004, 11:47:40 PM »

Now to start planning tomorrows dinner.  A kitchen slave's work is never done.   ::)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: November 07, 2004, 11:47:53 PM »

I am so excited to reach a new plateau, even if I won't reach it until tomorrow morning.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #133 on: November 07, 2004, 11:49:03 PM »

I have no idea why he's not posting, BK.  Unless one of his birds has logged on in his stead, and can't figure out how to work the shift key and type at the same time.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #134 on: November 07, 2004, 11:50:20 PM »

Oh, the pups all enjoyed the Beef Bourguignon, too.  (Saves on washing the bowls, y'know.)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: November 07, 2004, 11:50:48 PM »

And now he's just up and disappeared.  Very unseemly if you ask me and even if you don't ask me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2004, 11:51:21 PM »

Are we past our minimum posts yet?  I keep forgetting how many we need.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #137 on: November 07, 2004, 11:51:47 PM »

How about now?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: November 07, 2004, 11:51:53 PM »

I'm very tired and I shall hit the hay as soon as I post the new notes.  I do hope the hay doesn't hit back, but the hay has been known to be very feisty.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #139 on: November 07, 2004, 11:52:06 PM »

Or now?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: November 07, 2004, 11:52:39 PM »

I have no clew about minimum posts.  I'm just trying to figure out why Oz left without so much as a Hello.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #141 on: November 07, 2004, 11:53:16 PM »

Are we there yet?

No.

Are we there yet?

No.

Are we there yet?

NO!

Are we there yet?

NO!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: November 07, 2004, 11:53:21 PM »

If I was really feeling my oats I'd try for the new plateau this evening.  Of course, if I was really feeling my oats the oats might slap me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #143 on: November 07, 2004, 11:55:08 PM »

The grandlads and I love playing that word game when we're driving.    :D  Der Brucer loves it, too; their parents won't let them.   :(

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #144 on: November 07, 2004, 11:56:03 PM »

Go ahead, feel them oats!  Give 'em a good feel, make 'em turn into mush!

:o

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #145 on: November 08, 2004, 12:00:32 AM »

I think we're there yet.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up