Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: SHEMAN HEMSLEY  (Read 26815 times)

Ginny

Re:SHEMAN HEMSLEY
« Reply #150 on: October 02, 2005, 07:09:32 PM »

DR SWW - Sent!

Does this mean what it sounds like it means?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #151 on: October 02, 2005, 07:10:19 PM »

I see Jane!  How was your flight?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #152 on: October 02, 2005, 07:14:02 PM »

Hello from Bethesda.  I'm usin the computer at the hotel.

Bruce GOOD VIBES!

Danise I don't sleep when it is noisy.  I wonder if the hotel has a  quiet side.

Michael S I know about back pain and I hope you feel better soon.

MBarnum, sorry but I can't stop laughing.  You ate at a deli, not a diner.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: October 02, 2005, 07:16:16 PM »

So...  I believe the HHW Meal Calendar is this for the next couple of days:

Monday, 10/3 - 6:30 - Barrymore's - DR elmore made the reservation.  If you think you might make it, be sure to check in with him if you haven't already.

Tuesday, 10/4 - ?:??, Restaurant to be determined.  DR elmore asked me to "host" this evening, but I think I may have to pass.  I know Indian was the planned cuisine, but that's not necessarily set in stone.  Additionally, I may be working Tuesday, and I'm not sure what time I'll be done... and with Wednesday already planned as a full day...  I know that the ladies of HHW were planning a walking tour of Central Park that day, and maybe they/you could just continue from there to dinner.  If you'd like any restaurant suggestions, feel free to ask.  But, for right now, the time and place is still up in the air.  *Just remember, you have a long day coming up on Wednesday...

I have decided to bow out Tuesday night, much as I wanted to meet the Vixter; I have suddenly too much work to deal with by Friday. and I will not miss Wednesday night out.  I send apologies, but as Sondheim says of New York, "some come to work, some to play."
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #154 on: October 02, 2005, 07:17:27 PM »

Looking ahead.  Planning ahead.

Here is the general route for Wednesday's tour by neighborhood.

Start at Rockefeller Center - Take the F or V down to Lower East Side
Lower East Side
Chinatown
Little Italy
SoHo
The West Village
Chelsea Market
Chelsea
Midtown/Theatre District
Columbus Circle

After Columbus Circle, you will have the option to head back to your hotels to freshen up, rest up, make phone calls, etc.  Or you may continue walking up Broadway and exploring the Upper West Side.  And then the tour will end at La Cocina for the Grand Dinner - well, I guess I should say the Fiesta Grande!

Again, the main route covers about four and a half miles to five miles.

If you will be joining us midway, just call me on my cell - if you don't have my cell yet, just PM or e-mail - and I'll give you an idea of where we are and the closest subway stop.  I'll post a prospective timetable sometime tomorrow or Tuesday.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: October 02, 2005, 07:19:29 PM »

I forgot to add that on Tuesday my one social event will be to meet Nurse Jane at Penn Station.  I will most likely meet you all at La Cocina on Wednesday evening.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #156 on: October 02, 2005, 07:20:30 PM »

More NYC and LA news....how exciting.  We need more pictures, and of course the mystery of MBARNUM's lady-spying must be answered.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #157 on: October 02, 2005, 07:21:03 PM »

News:

PIPPIN the puppy has returned to his former home.

That is all.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: October 02, 2005, 07:30:45 PM »

News:

That is all.

Did he chew up your Frances Farmer or Allison Hayes memorabilia?  ;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #159 on: October 02, 2005, 07:31:15 PM »

As for tomorrow night's trek to Splash...

Since there will be a gathering at Barrymore's, I'm thinking the best plan of attack would be to meet at Barrymore's - if you won't already be there for the dinner at 8:00, and we shall subway en masse down to Splash.

Musical Mondays starts at 8:00 and continues until midnight upstairs, and then until 2:00am downstairs in the lounge.

If you will be meeting us at Splash later in the evening, the bar is located at 50 West 17th Street (between 5th and 6th Avenues, closer to 6th Ave.)  You can take the 4/5/6/N/R to Union Square; the F/L to 14th St. @ 6th Ave.; the 1/9 to 18th @ 7th Ave,; or the 1/2/3/9 to 14th @ 7th Ave.

There is usually no cover charge, but sometimes one will kick in past 10:00 - usually just $5.00.  Cokes run about $4.00, and rail drinks start at $6.00.  There is NO drink minimum.

You do not have to stay the whole evening.  It's just a block or two walk to the nearest subway, and if the A train runs Express from the 14th street stop - just two stops to Times Square.

There are video screens all over the place, so you will be surrounded by Barbara, Liza, Jennifer, Idina, Patti and many other throughout the evening.  Bars and restaurants in NYC are non-smoking, but the noise levels can still cause a bit of ringing in the ears.  *The decibel level in the downstairs lounge is at a more comfortable level.  It truly is just a nice place to hang out and have fun.  And people watch.  *Splash can get warm sometimes, so dress accordingly.  It's very casual - jeans and t-shirt are prefectly acceptable.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #160 on: October 02, 2005, 07:32:54 PM »

I like Indian food.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #161 on: October 02, 2005, 07:33:15 PM »

The Seventh Sign?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #162 on: October 02, 2005, 07:33:30 PM »

I have decided to bow out Tuesday night, much as I wanted to meet the Vixter; I have suddenly too much work to deal with by Friday. and I will not miss Wednesday night out.  I send apologies, but as Sondheim says of New York, "some come to work, some to play."

I am very sorry to hear that.  You have my cell number so if you have a free spot in the day perhaps we can catch a quick lunch or even just a quick hello and hug if our paths will be close enough (I am always ready to detour for you!!)  :-*
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #163 on: October 02, 2005, 07:39:30 PM »

I know it's not "Ask Bruce" today; but I have question:  Why is Bruce Kimmel member #12 on his own damned site.  Seems to me, he should be #1 and, speaking of that, who is #1?

Jane

« Reply #164 on: October 02, 2005, 07:40:10 PM »

There are people who like Adam Sandler movies too.Value

Keith and I are two of those people.

Jane

« Reply #165 on: October 02, 2005, 07:42:11 PM »

Ginny I had two very nice flights thank you.  While walking around the San Francisco airport I found a Chinese take out and a great lunch for the plane, rice and tofu.   :D :D :D

vixmom

« Reply #166 on: October 02, 2005, 07:42:26 PM »

Hmm... So who exactly was going to dinner on Tuesday night?

Well the whole thing is still slightly "up in the air"

The original cast was elmore, MBarnum , Danise, Ben, Jane, the Vixter & myself,  I think Jason was going to try and join, possibly Rodzinski & Tpunk.

Indian food was elmore's suggestion,  in honor of MBarnum, (supposing of course he had not by then accidently tumbled from any roofs).  Jane apparently loves Indian food, I can only assume MBarnum is a fan as well.  The Vixter and I have never partaken of the cuisine but are willing to give it ago.  I cannot speak to anyone else.  Being a mere suburbanite I have no clew where to eat so suggestions are most welcome.

If you leave it to me we'll end up at John's Pizza and get a pizza curry

I

Jane

« Reply #167 on: October 02, 2005, 07:42:58 PM »

JRand, sorry about Pippin.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #168 on: October 02, 2005, 07:44:27 PM »

I like Indian food.

There are some very good, and very cheap Indian places in Little India.  Just take the 6 Train to Astor Place and let your nose and eyes guide you to where you want to eat.

Although, some of those hole-in-the-wall Indian places up and down 9th Avenue are pretty good too.

OH! Since you will be staying at the Comfort Inn - there is a small counter place called Kati Roll almost across the street from your hotel.  I tried this place out after it was recommended to me by one of the monitor's at the Equity Building - which is also on 46th.  It's basically Indian street food - various fillings, vegetarian and meat, rolled up in paratha.  Very good and filling.  And single roll runs just about $4.00.  With a discount given when you buy two of the same roll.

...And down the street, there is Utsav.  They have a great lunch buffet, and the dinner menu is nice too - if a little in the "fine dining" price range.  A beautiful second floor space.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 07:45:54 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #169 on: October 02, 2005, 07:45:34 PM »

Warm Spring day - I've been hunting Bears!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #170 on: October 02, 2005, 07:48:07 PM »

Pogue, I asked BK that a couple weeks back, for I, too, was perplexed. I think the idea was that the site was up for a bit before it went "live," and some people were working on the site and so forth.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #171 on: October 02, 2005, 07:49:42 PM »

There is a more centralized "little India" in Manhattan. Lexington Avenue around 33rd Street has several fine Indian places or cheap Indian eats like "Curry in a Hurry."

Jane

« Reply #172 on: October 02, 2005, 07:49:55 PM »

Tomovoz, cute bears.

Jose thanks for all the info, however I'm at the hotel computer without any paper.  I will give you a call when I'm ready for Indian food.

I should head to my room now.  I've been up since 4:00 and have a very early wake-up call tomorrow.  On west coast time it will still be 4:00.

vixmom

« Reply #173 on: October 02, 2005, 07:50:11 PM »

News:

That is all.

Are you lonesome tonight?

Or did that puppy bite?

Did it chew on your sofa and pee?

Did it soil your rug

When you gave it a hug?

And put in your ear a new flea?

Did it bark 'til the neighbors called the police?

Did your landlord threaten to cancel your lease?

Walking the dog in the rain

Can be a real pain

Are you happy or lonely tonight?

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #174 on: October 02, 2005, 07:51:50 PM »

Oh, Jose the thing with that guy at John's was he rather rudely booted me from the restroom, which turned out to be the handicapped restroom. There was a ladies room and this other bathroom, so I ducked in there and he came smashing in on me, and I didn't find it necessary.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: October 02, 2005, 07:52:27 PM »

I am very sorry to hear that.  You have my cell number so if you have a free spot in the day perhaps we can catch a quick lunch or even just a quick hello and hug if our paths will be close enough (I am always ready to detour for you!!)  :-*

I hope so!  Perhaps when you first come into the City early in the day?

I showed DRMBarnum my surgeon bear!

Ginny

« Reply #176 on: October 02, 2005, 07:53:19 PM »

Danise I don't sleep when it is noisy.  I wonder if the hotel has a  quiet side.

Jane - sounds like Danise is toward the front, a left turn off the elevator.  Ask for a room farther back.

Michael

« Reply #177 on: October 02, 2005, 07:53:42 PM »

Will anybody in the LA see this?

Starting October 28, 2005 for ONE WEEK ONLY!
Two performances daily at 1:30 and 7:30pm.
Tickets will be available at the box office or
on the web at www.arclightcinemas.com starting October 6.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 07:56:30 PM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #178 on: October 02, 2005, 07:54:14 PM »

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #179 on: October 02, 2005, 07:54:46 PM »

We're hoping!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up