Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: RUMINATING  (Read 47235 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:RUMINATING
« Reply #240 on: December 28, 2006, 08:16:15 PM »

...Mr. Sautet's Cesar ...

Anchovy in the dressing?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

FJL

« Reply #241 on: December 28, 2006, 08:17:12 PM »

And one for Merlin

FJL

« Reply #242 on: December 28, 2006, 08:17:23 PM »

oops, just a little late

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #243 on: December 28, 2006, 08:18:48 PM »

Good Evening!

Back from the show...  And they posted a nice notice on the callboard stating they could no longer honor any more comp or house seat requests for this weekend since we are now sold out for the remaining performances!

:)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 08:19:26 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #244 on: December 28, 2006, 08:23:47 PM »

...And now we're all wondering just how much all the various events surrounding President Ford's Farewell (that's what the local news is calling it) will affect us - road closures, traffic, etc.  In fact, we will be losing our french horn player for a couple of performances this weekend since he is a member of the Army Ceremonial Band.  Alas, because of the show schedule, most of us will not be able to pay our respects.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #245 on: December 28, 2006, 08:25:33 PM »

I had an epiphany at dinner, which we shared with our delightful Dear friends Glenn Slater and his wife Wendy Wilf Slater.   A sub-thread on All that Chat which I started was called "eminently trivial" by the respected Mr. Alan Scott Gomberg.  The epiphany was the moment I realized and blurted out:

"Oh my god, I've been called trivial on All That Chat."  :)

At that moment, a loud laugh emanated from the apartment downstairs, probably not in response to what i had announced, but the timing was amazing.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #246 on: December 28, 2006, 08:26:42 PM »

They were going to use the music from Rusalka for the Alfred Drake movie but decided against a Water Polo movie. Maybe that's too obscure. (Elmore!)

OOOHH!!  OHHH!!!  I get it!  I get it!!!!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #247 on: December 28, 2006, 08:30:58 PM »

I had an epiphany at dinner, which we shared with our delightful Dear friends Glenn Slater and his wife Wendy Wilf Slater.   A sub-thread on All that Chat which I started was called "eminently trivial" by the respected Mr. Alan Scott Gomberg.  The epiphany was the moment I realized and blurted out:

"Oh my god, I've been called trivial on All That Chat."  :)

At that moment, a loud laugh emanated from the apartment downstairs, probably not in response to what i had announced, but the timing was amazing.

Respected by WHOM?

Tomovoz

« Reply #248 on: December 28, 2006, 08:31:33 PM »

Thank you DR Jose.  It would have been such a sad waste., or in my case it is a sad waist, of a wet joke,.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DERBRUCER

« Reply #249 on: December 28, 2006, 08:37:11 PM »

I had an epiphany at dinner...

You're a few days early.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #250 on: December 28, 2006, 08:38:35 PM »

Respected by WHOM?

Now, now... must kind to those who are a legend in their own mind.

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #251 on: December 28, 2006, 08:39:39 PM »

And may I just say that for the last week or so that LA drivers, frequently the most insane and inept anywhere, have completely lost it and should not be allowed in their vehicles.  If I weren't a great driver, completely defensive, I would have been creamed by idiots who have no concept of where they're going, how they're supposed to get there, what traffic laws are in effect - they are the most selfish, stupid, inane dweebs who ever walked the face of the earth and they are potential killers because they simply do not care about others or safety.  Normally, the excuse is that they're on their cell phones, which is sometimes the case, but in the last week it hasn't even been that a lot of the time - it's just insanity running (or driving) rampant.  I've had idiots in the extreme right hand lane figure out they needed to turn left in ten feet and just veer across all lanes of traffic, cutting me and everyone else off and causing us to slam on our breaks - they're not even aware, these idiots, and they think it's their right to do what they do.  I've had people driving five miles an hour in a thirty-five mile an hour zone.  I've had people driving in two lanes at the same time.  I've had people sit as the left turn arrow lights - just sit until it is too late to go, and THEN they go, almost killing people who now have a green light, and precluding the others in the left turn lane from actually being able to turn left.  They should be taken out and hung.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #252 on: December 28, 2006, 08:40:25 PM »

bk - I'm glad you enjoyed "Un Coeur en Hiver".  I may have to splurge on the DVD someday, but I still have my VHS copy - and a working VCR too!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #253 on: December 28, 2006, 08:42:59 PM »

And may I just say that for the last week or so that LA drivers, frequently the most insane and inept anywhere, have completely lost it and should not be allowed in their vehicles.....

Alas, the DC area is currently filled with like-minded drivers right now.  I've had quite a few close calls the past couple of days when I've gone out to run some errands.

-I can't wait to get back to NYC!

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #254 on: December 28, 2006, 08:47:54 PM »

HOW DRY OZ IS!

HERALD SUN

Water wasters face tough bans

SERIAL water wasters will not be able to shower under stage 3 restrictions. Under a new three-strike rule, repeat offenders will have their water turned down to a trickle - just enough to dampen a washcloth.

Shall we send packages of dehydrated soda?

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #255 on: December 28, 2006, 08:50:21 PM »

And may I just say that for the last week or so that LA drivers, frequently the most insane and inept anywhere, have completely lost it and should not be allowed in their vehicles.  If I weren't a great driver, completely defensive, I would have been creamed by idiots who have no concept of where they're going, how they're supposed to get there, what traffic laws are in effect - they are the most selfish, stupid, inane dweebs who ever walked the face of the earth and they are potential killers because they simply do not care about others or safety.  Normally, the excuse is that they're on their cell phones, which is sometimes the case, but in the last week it hasn't even been that a lot of the time - it's just insanity running (or driving) rampant.  I've had idiots in the extreme right hand lane figure out they needed to turn left in ten feet and just veer across all lanes of traffic, cutting me and everyone else off and causing us to slam on our breaks - they're not even aware, these idiots, and they think it's their right to do what they do.  I've had people driving five miles an hour in a thirty-five mile an hour zone.  I've had people driving in two lanes at the same time.  I've had people sit as the left turn arrow lights - just sit until it is too late to go, and THEN they go, almost killing people who now have a green light, and precluding the others in the left turn lane from actually being able to turn left.  They should be taken out and hung.

And you have some of the nation's better drivers!

Pray for Rosemary's passanger.

der Brucer

Tomovoz

« Reply #256 on: December 28, 2006, 08:51:25 PM »

The reality is there are NO inspectors employed! Most wasted water is not from the household sector.

We do have a water shortage though. I suspect it is something do with a lack of rain! (just a theory I have).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #257 on: December 28, 2006, 08:56:52 PM »

DR Edi,

LIFE AFTER TOMORROW was successfully transferred to DVD-R tonight and will be mailed tomorrow (no ANNIE pun intended). And I watched it to make sure there were no stutters or transmission problems. Look for it on Tuesday, I guess. (I'll send it first class, but with the Monday holiday, I guess it won't arrive until Tuesday.)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #258 on: December 28, 2006, 08:59:54 PM »

I began the evening with another CSI episode, this one concerning the young adult cult waiting to be lifted up to the skies during a meteor shower. The 11 members got poisoned for their trouble. Sad story.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #259 on: December 28, 2006, 09:03:44 PM »

We do have a water shortage though. I suspect it is something do with a lack of rain! (just a theory I have).

Have you no Men of God to blame it on the homosexuals like we do?

der Brucer

Matt H.

« Reply #260 on: December 28, 2006, 09:04:48 PM »

Next, I watched the Blu-ray transfer of THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA. Even with greater color fidelity and clarity, the movie wasn't improved.

When I got to "Masquerade," I paused the disc and put the standaard defintion version in the player and synched them up. As the number progressed, I switched back and forth observing the variances of the HD and SD transfers. The color is a tad duller in the SD version, as if a slight film had been placed over the image. Color is more vivid and focus sharper in the Blu-ray version.

I will say, however, that overall the picture was not the gasp inducing quality of THE SEARCHERS Blu-ray disc I viewed yesterday. The entirety of PHANTOM has a "dreamier" visual quality that prevented that window pane viewing experience that THE SEARCHERS offered.

Matt H.

« Reply #261 on: December 28, 2006, 09:05:47 PM »

And then I ended the evening with LIFE AFTER TOMORROW. It's such a good idea for a documentary; it's amazing it took this long for it to get made.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #262 on: December 28, 2006, 09:07:23 PM »

I will say, however, that overall the picture was not the gasp inducing quality of THE SEARCHERS Blu-ray disc I viewed yesterday.

Have you other Blue-Rays to use for evaluation?

der Brucer

Matt H.

« Reply #263 on: December 28, 2006, 09:14:42 PM »

Yes, I will watch CORPSE BRIDE tomorrow. Watched TALLADEGA NIGHTS first as it came with the player.

Have several others on order.

Matt H.

« Reply #264 on: December 28, 2006, 09:16:32 PM »

Yikes! It's after midnight! To bed for me!

Good night!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #265 on: December 28, 2006, 09:16:52 PM »

...as it came with the player.

Wonder when the players will be in financial reach of us mere mortals.

der Brucer

Tomovoz

« Reply #266 on: December 28, 2006, 09:19:20 PM »

Have you no Men of God to blame it on the homosexuals like we do?

der Brucer
The Rev Fred Nile does not make his annual apearance until just before Sydney's Mardi Gras.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #267 on: December 28, 2006, 09:26:35 PM »

I may or may not finish Cesar and Rosalie this evening.  I'm not feeling like sitting on my couch like so much fish, but that may change.  It's a very enjoyable film, however.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #268 on: December 28, 2006, 09:27:40 PM »

In seventeen more personal postings something very interesting will happen - well, sixteen after this - can anyone figure out what?

FJL

« Reply #269 on: December 28, 2006, 09:28:04 PM »

My mother's name is Rosalie.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up