Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: EGGPLANT CUTLETS  (Read 21251 times)

Ginny

Re:EGGPLANT CUTLETS
« Reply #210 on: February 21, 2006, 04:31:54 PM »

Safe travels to DR Jose!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Danise

« Reply #211 on: February 21, 2006, 04:32:14 PM »

Thank you also, DR George.  

Well, I hate to say it but I have to be up at three AM.  I have to report to the hospital at six.  The cab is ordered for 5:15 AM as a "just in case" (that term again) they have a hard time finding the house.  

I was almost late for one surgery I had in the past because the cab was late.  It should only take about twenty minutes to drive there but again.....just in case......

Have a wonderful evening everyone and I will talk with you all soon!

Hugs!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #212 on: February 21, 2006, 04:32:55 PM »

Good travel vibes to DR Jose and thank you for the vibes!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #213 on: February 21, 2006, 04:34:12 PM »

Happy, happy birthday DR Matthew!!! Hope it is a great one!

The birthday or the Cock Horse?

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #214 on: February 21, 2006, 04:42:55 PM »

Well... He's still doing something... Checked the air intake in the attic... Then had to trip the circuit breaker... Another trip outside...  hmm...

If he's not done here by Noon, I'm probably not going to head back up to NYC until tonight, probably around 7:00.  I do not want to hit the Lincoln Tunnel nor the George Washington Bridge at rush hour.

However, there are a couple of things I could and should take care of while I'm waiting... Hmm...

;)

Oh brother, Jose, that approach never works!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #215 on: February 21, 2006, 04:45:43 PM »

Vixmom!! Thanks! I did last week's audition in worse shape - I tend to have a cast iron throat - but i like to be closer to HEALTHY for an audition! Egad, the number of shows I did with laryngitis - you cancel, you can't afford your apartment!

PennyO, was that the TPS audition?  I meant to do that this time as well, but I was going through a low time.  i will due the summer audition instead.
“One thing’s universal,

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #216 on: February 21, 2006, 04:51:49 PM »

Among the items waiting for me on the library's reserve shelf today:  

Bride and Prejudice!

We shall have to watch it "together"!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #217 on: February 21, 2006, 04:53:01 PM »

Hi folks!

Well tomorrow is the day.  I can't help but wish that it was all over.     :P  

I may be in the hospital tomorrow night depending on how well things go so don't be worried if you don't hear from me for a day or two.  

I've already put the laptop by my bed so I will be able to post when I am home.  Once I've slept through the first couple of days, I'm sure you all will be very tired of me popping in every couple of minutes.   ;) :D

~~~VIBES~~~~ for you Danise!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #218 on: February 21, 2006, 04:53:58 PM »

Oh, and had a nice visit with PennyO earlier.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #219 on: February 21, 2006, 04:56:29 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~ ~ ~ ~ ~  BREEZY SURGERY VIBES FOR DR DANISE  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~[/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

vixmom

« Reply #220 on: February 21, 2006, 04:58:52 PM »

Oh my goodness.  I think I am going to pop.

I had a lovely dinner at Gasho's  Hibachi Steak House with Vixter and two of my girlfriends.

Onion souo, salad with  Ginger dressing, shrimp appetizer, scallops and filet mignon, bean spouts, hibachi fried rice, broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms...................oh and a "snow ball" for dessert, chocloate, vanilla & strawberry icecream in a ball, covered in white chocolate.....
must make tea and rest on the couch.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #221 on: February 21, 2006, 05:11:11 PM »

Good vibes to DR DANISE....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #222 on: February 21, 2006, 05:18:47 PM »

I just received an e-mail response from an Ebay seller who I bought a CD from in January. I had asked when it would ship since it has not yet arrived.

She told me that due to the many orders for this item the shipping has been delayed.

She stopped short of saying that they didn't actually have the item in stock. Now this was one of those "Buy it Now" things, and the listing said that there were 19 available when I bought mine. Now unless 19 people purchased them out from under me during the time it took for me to look at the listing and then press that "Buy it Now" button...in which case if all 19 had sold then I would think it would not allow me to purchase one...then I am thinking maybe she didn't really have them in stock after all! And it isn't like this was a highly sought after CD...it was for some rather obscure Arabian pop singer.

But...that seller had best get that CD to me now, and quickly or I will be grumpy.

Gee, a rather obscure Arabian pop singer, and they only had 19 copies to begin with?  What were they thinking???
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #223 on: February 21, 2006, 05:21:58 PM »

Watching a 3-Disk set called WATCH THE SKY.  I think MR BK commented on this a few weeks ago.

Save your money.

THE COSMIC MAN - the best of the bunch....not too exciting, but John Carradine wears some glasses that make his eyes look really BIG!!  And he cures a crippled kid whose mother drives a '56 Chevrolet convertible!

STRANGER FROM VENUS - with Patricia Neal.  An English film that compares itself to THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL....but shouldn't.  Terrible stuff with most scenes taking place inside an English pub...and all of the people in the film are physically homely....particularly the "hero" engaed to Neal and the daughter of the pub owner....whew!  Talky and boring.  The set decorator did, however, make a great comment on the enterprise:  the wall behind the stairs is covered in cuckoo clocks!

THE FLYING SAUCER - not much UFO business, but a nice b/w travelogue of Alaska.  The commies know where the Saucer is, so an American playboy and his "nurse" are out to get them and find the saucer first.  The hero (Writer-Director) has a LOT of curly hair on his head and demands to know why he was brought to "Worshingtin"....  The German caretaker Hans has ears that stick out so far he looks like a taxi cab with both back doors left open.

Save your money.

Cillaliz

« Reply #224 on: February 21, 2006, 05:28:22 PM »

GOOD HEALTH VIBES TO DR DANISE!!!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #225 on: February 21, 2006, 05:30:38 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]QUICK RECOVERY VIBES FOR DANISE!!!![/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR MATTHEW!!![/move]
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #226 on: February 21, 2006, 05:35:00 PM »

I ran to the store before settling in to watch the Olympics. I now have all the Tuna Glop ingredients.  I think I will make it in the next couple days. Tonight I had good old fashioned fish sticks. I hadn't had them in, man more years than I can even remember.  They were surprisingly good.

Cillaliz

« Reply #227 on: February 21, 2006, 05:39:40 PM »

I also bought some wonderful burgendy cherry/chocolate ice cream.  I'm giving myself until the Olympics are over and I have everything moved into this house from the old one before I start my diet.  In the meantime...let there be ice cream
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 05:40:07 PM by Cillaliz »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #228 on: February 21, 2006, 05:54:17 PM »

Good plan, DR CILLA LIZ!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #229 on: February 21, 2006, 05:54:56 PM »

Why do they keep calling these ice skaters lovely when most of them look like Skagway whores?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #230 on: February 21, 2006, 06:00:50 PM »

With apologies of course - the lovely ladies in Skagway.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #231 on: February 21, 2006, 06:02:24 PM »

Re: Sunday's DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES which I finally watched.

I just read DRs MattH and TPunks comments.

I really enjoyed the show. And I did find Bree's story very good and sort of funny.  I liked how she was passed out on her lawn.  IT was interesting how they showed it with Lynnette going through her trash.

I also really liked Susan's story, and I'm not really into her ex-husband. But I thought the whole thing played out to be quite funny, especially with Edie and the ring.  Although I'm not quite sure why Susan never asked the plumber or doctor to marry her (since she actually likes both of them).

Re: Gabrielle. While I do think we are supposed to believe her version of the story, in a way it's hard to tell. Because we've seen all the tricks she's pulled in the past year and a half. I could see Gabby being quite grown up at 15. I think the point was to show that her mom was not too nice.  But it did leave me wondering if there was any chance her mom could have been telling the truth (it seemed slim but you never know).

I owrk at night so I have never seen Desperate HOusewives nor the shows that MattH talks about...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #232 on: February 21, 2006, 06:04:22 PM »

Don't envy me yet, this one isn't open yet even thought they advertised that they are already open and it was really dirty in there and the walls and carpet are still the same as when it was Democratic Headquarters during the last election - and that was a pit. If they don't at least clean it a lot more than it is now, I won't be going back there.

Understandable... My favorite coffeeshop just reopened again last summer under new ownership... They make fantastic mochas... It is my favorite place to go and write..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #233 on: February 21, 2006, 06:05:29 PM »

Here are the cakes side by side.  My sister's is the Martha Stewart Coconut layer cake.  It was rather yummy-licious

They both look lovely but sadly I would have to scrape the coconut off... I have adverse reaction to coconut....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #234 on: February 21, 2006, 06:06:48 PM »

Here is how you would sign your request, DR RLP....for our Page Six Dance.

THat is correct. I do some signing...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #235 on: February 21, 2006, 06:08:47 PM »

Hi, Jack. Thanks for the reminder. No, there is no time travel going on. Geoffrey Palmer plays an old flame of Judi Dench. They knew each other during the Korean War but lost contact. They come across each other many years later and romance blossoms again.

The link below does a better job of explaining the show. I find it sweet and funny and very well done. I have to admit as much as I'm an Anglophile some Britcoms make me cringe but not this one.

As Time Goes By

I have seen that show before... IT is broadcasting locally. It is a nice show but I am not a huge fan of it. I prefer Keeping up Appearances and ARe you Being Served?

I also liked Fresh Fields / French Fields.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #236 on: February 21, 2006, 06:12:00 PM »

LOL....sign for cow/milk (squeezing motion with both hands like milking a cow) and sign for shake (two fists shaking).

DR DAKOTA CELT may know the ASL sign.

Pull and strip with the hands but that sign varies a bit regionally...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #237 on: February 21, 2006, 06:13:48 PM »

Back from the musical theater workshop (MTW), about which more in the notes.  It was lots of fun.  Then Tammy and I and her friend Lauren went to Hugo's for lunch, which was excellently excellent.  Then I came home and had to make lots of telephonic calls and attend to the twenty-six e-mails that were waiting for me.  

One thing I don't think I've mentioned and which I'll talk more about in the notes is that LACC has asked me to produce a summer cabaret series in their black box theater, rather like the one that Kevin Spirtas did at Saddleback College.  So, we'll be doing a five week series comprising ten performers (two a week, one on Friday, one on Saturday) - if I feel someone can really sell both nights, that's an option, too.  First person booked is Miss Linda Purl, and I'm sure Mr. Kevin Spirtas will do his show, too, although he'd have to take off from Hairspray to do so.

bk, sounds like it could be a very busy summer...

Sending break a leg vibes!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #238 on: February 21, 2006, 06:14:25 PM »

Are You Being Served is probably my favorite....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #239 on: February 21, 2006, 06:14:52 PM »

Yes MR BK - the cabarets sound intriguing!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up