Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE COMING WEE  (Read 17318 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE COMING WEE
« Reply #120 on: April 04, 2009, 04:12:55 PM »

IT'S OFFICIAL!!

Very exciting news! :)

Jane

« Reply #121 on: April 04, 2009, 04:14:20 PM »

***ULTRA-STRENGTH HEALTH VIBES***
to DP Joe!!!

AND ***COPING VIBES*** to DR WFO!!!!!!

Ditto!

Jane

« Reply #122 on: April 04, 2009, 04:15:32 PM »

DR jane when we were little we used to always hid the matzah and then get money.

Maybe it is a Canadian Passover custom ;)  Who would search for the hidden motzos & did they receive a prize for finding it?

DAW

« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2009, 04:16:11 PM »

Very exciting news about The Brain, DR George!    :D     Are you going to audition?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2009, 04:16:44 PM »

Very exciting news about The Brain, DR George!    :D     Are you going to audition?

Umm...ya think??  Of course!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2009, 04:20:00 PM »

As some of you know, Skip (along with several members of the Cooks Corner site run by the very delightful Marlene Newell) had been helping to test recipes for the new Michael Ruhlman book called RATIO.  It's so nice that Mr. Ruhlman acknowledged the testers, at the back of the book. 

Regarding Skip, on page 231 in the paragraph on Cook's Corner, Michael Ruhlman wrote:

"Skip Kennon, a composer and lyricist in Manhattan, was an eager and enthusiastic tester and commenter and I am especially grateful for his help."

How fun for Skip :)

Kerry

« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2009, 04:20:09 PM »

It's only in the 70's, cool, sunny and breezy.  Sugar and I are loving our walks today!
I like boat races.

Jane

« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2009, 04:22:49 PM »

DR Jennifer, regarding Life, I spotted the pregnancy a long time ago.;D  The actress is so beautiful & I noticed subtle changes in the camera angles.  They would not have made those if there wasn't something to "hide".

Jane

« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2009, 04:24:08 PM »

DR Kerry, how long do you have DD Sugar for?

Have you thought about returning to school to pursue your dream of becoming oceanographer?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2009, 04:24:54 PM »

I want to be in the BRAIN FROM PLANET X!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #130 on: April 04, 2009, 04:25:07 PM »

vibes for Joe - partner of DR WFO.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: April 04, 2009, 04:25:59 PM »

I now see the announcement about The Brain - how come none of the traveling text on page four is traveling?  It took me a while to figure it out, and I still don't know WHEN it's being done.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #132 on: April 04, 2009, 04:26:12 PM »

I know what I would like to be......but it will not happen....I have always wanted to travel into space.  But not in one of those little capsules.  I want to go into space on a rocketship like the Orbit Jet - that Rocky Jones flew on.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: April 04, 2009, 04:28:51 PM »

Back from the LACCTAA event which was great.  Unfortunately, our sold out audience was only two-thirds full - the reason, I think, is because some stupid sickening Hollywood crew was shooting some stupid sickening movie on the campus - they'd "dressed" the outside of the theater department as a "library" and since we had a bunch of people signed up for today who'd never been to the campus, I'm sure they just gave up on trying to find us and went home.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2009, 04:30:03 PM »

Hollywood can be so ungrateful.

Kerry

« Reply #135 on: April 04, 2009, 04:37:08 PM »

Have you thought about returning to school to pursue your dream of becoming oceanographer?

I think it's a little late for that.  Way too much school would be needed to get to that point.  It's a nice thing to think about every once in awhile though.  The  bathyscaphe, Trieste, toured the country when I was a wee bairn after it had measured the depths of the Mariana trench in the Pacific.  My mother took me to see the Trieste (I was about 5, I think), and my memory tells me that one could actually get in it.  And I did.  And I had Rachel Carson's "The Sea Around Us" and learned about so many things.  I still have the book too.
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #136 on: April 04, 2009, 04:38:03 PM »

I've had Sugar since Thursday, and I'll keep her until Tuesday.  It's so great!
I like boat races.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: April 04, 2009, 04:40:39 PM »

As some of you know, Skip (along with several members of the Cooks Corner site run by the very delightful Marlene Newell) had been helping to test recipes for the new Michael Ruhlman book called RATIO.  It's so nice that Mr. Ruhlman acknowledged the testers, at the back of the book. 

Regarding Skip, on page 231 in the paragraph on Cook's Corner, Michael Ruhlman wrote:

"Skip Kennon, a composer and lyricist in Manhattan, was an eager and enthusiastic tester and commenter and I am especially grateful for his help."

Fantastic news!

About an hour ago, my power blew out. The apartment was plunged into complete darkness and I thought, oh, no, another blackout. Only the power was on outside the window, and once I realized it wasn't the whole building in darkness and only my apartment, my super had to go to the basement and restore it. I have a bad lamp ceiling fixture in my kitchen and it's been short-circuiting. So next week, the electrician comes.

And that is not a movie in my VCR!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #138 on: April 04, 2009, 04:50:40 PM »

Preceding lunch - an hour of slot machine play.

I thought Arvide was against gambling??

No, trust me.  This Brother Arvide really likes Sky.  It is just drinking he is against in this version.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #139 on: April 04, 2009, 04:53:10 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #140 on: April 04, 2009, 04:53:40 PM »

I want to be in the BRAIN FROM PLANET X!

Auditions will be early next year...book your plane flight now. ;)

George

« Reply #141 on: April 04, 2009, 04:57:19 PM »

I now see the announcement about The Brain - how come none of the traveling text on page four is traveling?  It took me a while to figure it out, and I still don't know WHEN it's being done.

I have no idea why the traveling text isn't traveling for you, BK. :-\

Otherwise, the show will be about this time, next year (the specific dates have not been set).  In the past, TAO's musical of the season was in December, but there have always been weather issues that cancelled shows and some money was lost...especially this last year.  We had to cancel three of our last four performances. :P That's not good for a small and fairly new theater company.  So from now on, the musical spot will be in the spring. :D
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 05:00:48 PM by George »

George

« Reply #142 on: April 04, 2009, 04:59:48 PM »

And now, I must leave work.  Time to go home and do some laundry.  I have to have some clean clothes to see Wicked in Portland tomorrow!

Until later!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #143 on: April 04, 2009, 05:07:35 PM »

and here is some "sad" news

Guinness Book of World Records

Sad in the fact that Perfect Crime is one of the worst pieces of crap I have ever seen in my entire theatre going history. I think I would rank it as possibly THE worst thing I have ever seen, and I've seen many things over the years.

I know that some Equity actors are kept employed but this dog should have been buried long, long, long ago. The only reason it's still running is because someone has very, very, very, very, very, very (that's six verys) deep pockets.

I totally agree, Ben.  This is the worst of the worst.  I love a good mystery, and this play is none of the above.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #144 on: April 04, 2009, 05:48:23 PM »

Wonderful news about the Olympia production of The Brain - should 2010 be the year I take DH Hahahahaha Richard to my native Pacific Northwest?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #145 on: April 04, 2009, 05:52:19 PM »

DR jane when we were little we used to always hid the matzah and then get money.

Maybe it is a Canadian Passover custom ;)  Who would search for the hidden motzos & did they receive a prize for finding it?

Or maybe a way to keep the kids busy ;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #146 on: April 04, 2009, 06:19:27 PM »

I think it's a little late for that.  Way too much school would be needed to get to that point.  It's a nice thing to think about every once in awhile though.  The  bathyscaphe, Trieste, toured the country when I was a wee bairn after it had measured the depths of the Mariana trench in the Pacific.  My mother took me to see the Trieste (I was about 5, I think), and my memory tells me that one could actually get in it.  And I did.  And I had Rachel Carson's "The Sea Around Us" and learned about so many things.  I still have the book too.

I thought you once dated Captain Nemo!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #147 on: April 04, 2009, 06:21:27 PM »

Wonderful news about the Olympia production of The Brain - should 2010 be the year I take DH Hahahahaha Richard to my native Pacific Northwest?

YES.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #148 on: April 04, 2009, 06:22:44 PM »

Ginny, where is everybody?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!