Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: JUGGLING  (Read 19266 times)

Jason

Re:JUGGLING
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2005, 09:55:32 AM »

DR Jason - Oh, it was at Irving Plaza... Sorry...:-\

*I would have just left to go to the ATM... and left period.

;)

Oh, believe me...the thought crossed my mind. I just couldn't leave Russell there by himself - especially after what happened with my double-booking of LION KING & JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH. Sometimes you have to do things you don't really want to do for your friends. Then you can hold it over their heads for a while...hehehe....

I'm kidding. Or am I?  ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2005, 09:57:35 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.

MShayne, I only mentioned Tricks of the Trade since we were talking about MAGIC, even though it was a show about - well, I don't know what it was about.  I don't think we need to list it - not something I care about or am proud of - just a job, like selling Bibles.  The only thing I enjoyed were the two or three times I directed in the field - I liked the hostess of the show, too.  And we did do a piece on Hybrid cars, so I learned about Hybrid cars, and we did a piece on facial work that I took great delight in editing - I made it as horridly graphic as I could so the network would have to watch it and puke - and give me notes to soften it, which they did.

Jennifer

« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2005, 10:10:48 AM »

Diana DeGarmo, "American Idol" Season Three runner-up, will star in the upcoming American Musical Theatre of San Jose's staging of West Side Story, starting Nov. 1.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/95621.html

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2005, 10:19:39 AM »

This is news?  The American Musical Theatre of San Jose?  Do you know the way to San Jose?

I think I shall go package up a few items for shipping whilst I ponder The American Musical Theatre of San Jose.  Oxymoron, anyone?

Jennifer

« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2005, 10:20:55 AM »

Comments on last night's AMAZING RACE.

I wish it was regular TAR, but I'm okay with the family thing. Although I cannot remember most teams by name.  Thankfully they at least got on a plane.  But I was not happy with how the show played out.  Basically if you pulled the last number, then you were gone, because each team had to go in the space thingy one by one. How stupid was that? I am sort of surprised that the people in charge of TAR don't realize what makes their show.  It is the travelling to other countries.  And it is having the teams race to complete tasks.  I was very disappointed that after the bus ride there was really nothing too challenging.  And I was also disappointed that the teams couldn't do the challenge at the same time.  Oh and while I'm at it, that wasn't really a challenge since every single team was able to ride the spaceship on their first try. Lame.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2005, 10:25:34 AM »

Fan mail from some Flounder?

I never got that joke.   ???
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2005, 10:29:57 AM »

Re TAR:

I agree that competition wise there wasn't a lot in last nights episode, but entertainment wise it was the tops! I was sad about the team that lost last night, but boy was it a fun episode.

I am enjoying the families just as much as when it was teams of two....and it usually takes me several episodes before I can get familiar with who the various team members are.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2005, 10:50:26 AM »

TAR:

!!! AHHH-OOOO-GAHHH  !!!  SPOILER WARNINGS  !!! AHHH-OOOO-GAHHH  !!!

After last night I found that I don't mind the family thing too much anymore since I'm now able to tell most of them apart.  I still prefer the two-man teams, though.  And last night it was more driving, driving, driving.  At least there was a change of pace with the riding, riding, riding (on the bus.)  

Speaking of the bus, how about that meltdown with the widowed mom family?  I had thought that the loud Bronx family was obnoxious, but after seeing how the widowed mom kept telling her family to lie and put on a happy face and pretend that everything is alright--well, I think these are the ones that are gonna wind up on Dr. Phil.  

Also very funny how the one kid referred to his stepmother as a bitch right after she talked about how wonderful it was that she was being accepted into the family not just as a new mother to the kids but a friend, as well.

I was also sad to see the sons-in-law family go--they were a fun group.  But you could see that the old man was wearing thin.  I'm continuing to root for the brothers and sister--they're fun, too (maybe too fun for their own good, I'm afraid.)

And like I said last night--that final prize was amazing!  I always thought that BP made a crappy grade of gasoline, but I could live with it if it was going to be free for the rest of my life.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2005, 11:21:00 AM »

TAR SPOILERS from last night.

I am also okay with the family part of it. Although I also prefer couples.
And yes that 'gas for life' prize for all drivers was ridiculously awesome.

The preview for next week looks heartbreaking (they have the widowed family whose father was killed on a racetrack go to one).  And yes they were slightly crazy this week (and they were one of my favs before this).

Thankfully soon they will get of the US, cause i've had enough boredom.

I'm not really sure who my favorites are. But yes i like the brothers and sister team.  And I dislike the annoying ny family.

Unlike DR Mbarnum, i didn't find last night's episode particularly entertaining. Although i'm hoping that once they travel a bit, that things will get better. Plus it always takes a bit of time to really get to know all the teams.

And DR Dan, even though the father (with the sons-in-law) was having a tough time, that really was not why they lost.  It really bugged me that failing to pull the first numbers was their downfall. At least if they had lost because of driving through the mud, that would have made sense.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2005, 11:22:57 AM »

TAR:  we LOL'd when the Italian family was complaining about the widow's family.  People in glass houses....

Dripping kitchens:  We occasionally get a tiny drip through our ceiling vent/fan when it's raining torrentially and the wind is blowing really hard.  All I can assume is that the wind blows the rain in sideways underneath the vent cap on the roof.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2005, 11:32:16 AM »

I rather like it. It is a story song. But I am just a consumer what do I know from forms. :)

I think it's a poor Menken number, but God knows, it's certainly not a choral number, which is what I had to make of it.  Debbie Gravitte's arrangement makes it better than it is, and the Ziemba version is totally stretched out of its original published state.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2005, 11:32:37 AM »

From Penny:

I guess it's just you and me, Ozman.

Ozman.  I like that. :)

Jane

« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2005, 11:37:15 AM »

Good morning Ben.  I must go wash my teacup and make sure the Vixter is moving, I think she may have fallen back asleep in her pancakes....

Craig would fall back asleep on the bathroom floor. ;D We finally cured him of that when he was 15.  He found a part time job he loved.  Keith said if he was late for school he would have to give up the job.  I thought Keith was being too harsh as Craig had slept through anything his entire life.  Surprise, surprise, it worked!  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2005, 11:39:22 AM »

Bullwinkle J. Moose said that DR DtM!  I guess it was funny when he said it.  Message in a bottle?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #104 on: October 12, 2005, 11:39:24 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Well... I thought I would make it back down to The Village this afternoon, but I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon.  However, I did manage to make major "contributions" to both the circular file and recycling bin in my apartment.  All those envelopes!  All those "fillers"!  And I'm still amazed at the amount of snail mail I receive even though most of my bills - even some magazines (love that Zino reader!) - and other correspondence are dealt with online and via e-mail.

I have just about another 30 minutes to go on this particular project, and then... well... I'm not exactly sure...

In any case...  That's the report from Heritage Heights/West Harlem/Sugar Mountain/Uptown for now...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2005, 11:39:32 AM »

This is news?  The American Musical Theatre of San Jose?  Do you know the way to San Jose?

DRJose is a saint?  Most likely for all the good deeds he's done for lonely men!

The weather in Manhattan isd pathetic today.   I was soaking wet from the moment I first got off the bus, and my shoes are still leaving puddles.  Every piece of mail in my postbox today has been soaked to the point of disintegration.  God knows what the new postman today - a different one every day for the past week - has let happen to more important pieces than my AARP magazine.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 11:43:18 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2005, 11:40:29 AM »

I used to like getting mail.  I still do, most of the time.  But then I have the chance to look at it every day!

Email is BEST, though.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2005, 11:40:34 AM »

Oh... And FedEx is running about an hour late today due to the rain, so...  Ah, well...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2005, 11:41:55 AM »

I liked TAR, although I am said the team that was eliminated was one that I liked.  And I do have a couple of favorites....  And the teams I don't like at all.  I do not think the teams leave North America this time, so they may be headed your way DRJENNIFER.

Hopefully next time we will be back to the two person teams.  NO MORE FAMILIES!!!!

Jane

« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2005, 11:45:40 AM »

Ginny it poured on Saturday.  My shoelaces are stained blue from my jeans.  My friend kept insisting we could get a cab back to the hotel from the Met.   Of course it didn’t happen, so after standing half an hour in the rain, which I didn’t mind at all, we took the subway.

Donald O’Conner is one of my all time favorite entertainers.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2005, 11:45:44 AM »

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Some big truck or other vehicle just drove down the street... Setting off at least four car alarms in the process...  And that's been happening all morning... I think it's become a game/challenge...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2005, 12:05:46 PM »

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Some big truck or other vehicle just drove down the street... Setting off at least four car alarms in the process...  And that's been happening all morning... I think it's become a game/challenge...

I hate that. Because the subway in my neighborhood is elevated ('above ground' for those of you who don't frequent the subways), the noise and vibration of the train often set off a symphony of alarms. And dogs. Believe it or not, you actually get used to it.

And I've learned to keep the remote control handy when I'm watching TV. Every 15 minutes or so I have to turn the volume WAAAAY up while a train passes and then rush to turn it WAAAY back down so I don't bother the neighbors.

Ahh...life in the big city. I wouldn't trade it for the world. :)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 12:06:51 PM by Jason »

Jed

« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2005, 12:18:43 PM »

Re: Amazing Race

DG Ann and I have just about given up on this season.  It simply bores us.  I don't necessarily have a problem with families rather than two-member teams (although, why mess with a good thing?), but rather the lack of challenge in this season.  Just seems there's been nothing all that difficult at all.  And 3 weeks worth of episodes and all the ground they've covered is from NYC to Alabama?  Sorry, that may be a race, but I find it anything but amazing.  Please, CBS, realize that this is not the show that has been a success for you the past few seasons, and nowhere near the Emmy winner it was in the past.  I want it back the way it was!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #113 on: October 12, 2005, 12:20:50 PM »

Bullwinkle J. Moose said that DR DtM!  I guess it was funny when he said it.  Message in a bottle?

Ohhh...okay--now it's funny! :))

« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 12:21:20 PM by Dan (the Man) »
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #114 on: October 12, 2005, 12:24:15 PM »

LOL

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #115 on: October 12, 2005, 12:27:22 PM »

I am once again having problems posting from the Reply page and uploading pics to Photobucket.  I have no idea what is going on!
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #116 on: October 12, 2005, 12:33:21 PM »

Cold be a delayed response to the Harmonic Convergence.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #117 on: October 12, 2005, 12:39:38 PM »

Has anyone been able to watch Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan's other series, No Opportunity Wasted?  I've never heard of it until I just checked out his book of the same name on Amazon.  It sounds incredibly inspirational, but it's being broadcast only on Discovery HD and Fit TV channels, and I get neither.  I'll have to check out the book, anyway.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #118 on: October 12, 2005, 12:42:23 PM »

Cold be a delayed response to the Harmonic Convergence.

No, I have crystals that I wear for that.  But now you have me thinking about those solar flares...

I'm gonna have to get me some aluminum foil.  Rolls and rolls of aluminum foil...
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2005, 12:43:17 PM »

As a child I loved the circus.  One of my favorite memories was not the circus but the toy I purchased while there.  It was a bird on the end of a stick that made noises while I spun it around.  I spent many wonderful hours playing with my cat who thought the flying bird was just the greatest toy ever.

When the boys were young and we went to the traveling circus, small but fun.  Best of all was watching them assemble the circus the day before.  I wonder if either of them remembers this, maybe Bryan would.

Like zoo’s I can enjoy myself at the circus but a big part of me feels very sad for the animals.  I also get very nervous when children are doing the high-wire acts.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up