Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SENSURROUND  (Read 12588 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: SENSURROUND
« Reply #120 on: May 22, 2009, 01:45:48 PM »

Where is everyone?  Have they taken umbrage?

I didn't take umbrage.  I took a nap.

If you showed up at a Loew's today by noon with a can of umbrage, they let you into the matinee free.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #121 on: May 22, 2009, 01:47:08 PM »

BK sorry about the torture.

Is there anyway that you can not work from home for the next few days? You'd think that they'd have to advise people how long the noise would be going on for. For people who work from home having their house shake from morning till night is not very comfortable!

bk - If your house really is shaking that much, you may want to call some local authority to make sure that all precautions are being taken by the people doing the work.  Just sayin'...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #122 on: May 22, 2009, 01:52:15 PM »

PAGE FIVE ZIP LINE DANCE!!!!

*And it's pronounced "TAH-GUY-TIE".
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #123 on: May 22, 2009, 01:57:42 PM »

LATIMES

Pundits' predix: Who'll win the Tonys
Here are the latest Tony Awards forecasts by these pundits sharing their views with Gold Derby readers: Martin Denton (NYTheatre.com), Robert Diamond (BroadwayWorld.com), Susan Haskins (Theater Talk), Leonard Jacobs (ClydeFitchReport.com), Brian Lipton (TheaterMania.com), Tom O'Neil (TheEnvelope.com), David Sheward (Back Stage), Matt Windman (AMNewYork).

BEST PLAY
"Dividing the Estate"
"God of Carnage" - Diamond, Denton, Haskins, Jacobs, Lipton, O'Neil, Sheward, Windman
"Reasons to Be Pretty"
"33 Variations"

I'm guessing the first nominee listed in each category is the predicted/projected winner?

You must still be half asleep. The critics' names who are predicting their winners are next to the nominee.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #124 on: May 22, 2009, 01:58:53 PM »

I must hop off-line now and do some writing. Then, it's back downstairs to finish my work project for the day and then decide what I want to have fun watching tonight.

Matt H.

« Reply #125 on: May 22, 2009, 01:59:07 PM »

Spoo!

WBBL.

Laura

« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2009, 02:04:22 PM »

Re, if three actors can win an award for best performance when the voters haven't actually seen all the actors, aren't they really voting for "best character?"
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #127 on: May 22, 2009, 02:05:30 PM »

LATIMES

Pundits' predix: Who'll win the Tonys
Here are the latest Tony Awards forecasts by these pundits sharing their views with Gold Derby readers: Martin Denton (NYTheatre.com), Robert Diamond (BroadwayWorld.com), Susan Haskins (Theater Talk), Leonard Jacobs (ClydeFitchReport.com), Brian Lipton (TheaterMania.com), Tom O'Neil (TheEnvelope.com), David Sheward (Back Stage), Matt Windman (AMNewYork).

BEST PLAY
"Dividing the Estate"
"God of Carnage" - Diamond, Denton, Haskins, Jacobs, Lipton, O'Neil, Sheward, Windman
"Reasons to Be Pretty"
"33 Variations"

I'm guessing the first nominee listed in each category is the predicted/projected winner?

You must still be half asleep. The critics' names who are predicting their winners are next to the nominee.

I see - NOW - said the blind and still half-asleep DR.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: May 22, 2009, 02:49:38 PM »

LATIMES

Deportations carried out in the middle of immigration cases

Agents have arrested people at Immigration Court in downtown L.A. and expelled them. Authorities say they're reinstating previous orders. Lawyers say the legal process is being flouted.
By Anna Gorman
May 22, 2009

Fernando Arteaga appeared last week in Immigration Court as part of a lengthy battle to stay in the United States. But just before the hearing began, immigration officers removed him from the courtroom, arrested him and took him into custody.

Several hours later, agents deported him to Mexico -- even though his court case was still underway.

Arteaga, 44, is among a small number of immigrants picked up in recent weeks by immigration agents at the downtown Los Angeles courthouse. All of the people arrested there had been previously deported and all had criminal records, said Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokeswoman Virginia Kice.

Immigration agents are reinstating previous orders of deportation, Kice said, which "enables the nation's immigration judges to focus on the cases of those aliens who have not had their day in court."

"People arrested for being in the United States illegally have access to due process," she said. "However, those who exercise their rights, then willfully ignore the immigration judge's decision or willfully reenter the United States after being previously removed . . . must understand there are consequences for those actions."

The arrests have angered immigration attorneys, who argue that once an immigrant is in court, the judge should make the final decision -- not the immigration agency.

Hmmm...I bet if ICE swooped in and snatched one of Cillaliz's clients mid-proceedings she would really become grumpy!

der Brucer

Yup!

Cillaliz

« Reply #129 on: May 22, 2009, 02:51:19 PM »

Where's Monkey?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2009, 02:58:02 PM »

Where's Monkey?

Monkey is in my pocket. Safely tucked away in my pocket. However, Monkey felt safe enough for the return trip.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #131 on: May 22, 2009, 03:31:14 PM »

Now, THIS is real interesting...especially for fans of "The Young & the Restless."

Career Suicide

It’s the shocking daytime scandal du jour. Chris Engen (Adam) has quit The Young & The Restless because he didn’t want to play a gay kissing scene. Y&R has already replaced him with Michael Muhney, known for his role as Sheriff Lamb on Veronica Mars. According to my sources, Engen was unhappy with more than the prospect of his character’s potential homosexuality. He also hated that Adam was faking blindness and gaslighting Ashley. But it was the kissing scene with Rafe that led to him parting ways with the show.

My gut reaction: Engen is unprofessional for quitting the show mid-contract, whatever his reasons were. Actors hate their storylines all the time. That doesn’t stop them from doing their jobs. Moreover, if he thought that a gay kissing scene would have a negative impact on his career, he has seriously misjudged the current state of American culture. Brokeback Mountain enhanced Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal’s reputations without damaging their status as sex symbols. In daytime, playing a gay storyline has become a surefire way to generate a huge, passionate fanbase and garner mainstream press attention. I am sure that Van Hansis, Jake Silberman, Eden Reigel, Jessica Leccia and Crystal Chapell are thankful that their characters were given gay storylines. Egan might have gotten even more attention since Y&R is such a popular show. It’s possible that Adam, who is willing to inject toxic chemicals into his eyeballs to fake blindness, may only be pretending to be interested in his lawyer Rafe. Or he could turn out to be bisexual, attracted to both Heather and Rafe. The openly gay actor Thom Bierdz, who has just rejoined the show in the role of Phillip, has hinted that his character may be gay. This would be a huge storyline that would have offered Engen a chance to shine. Instead, Muhney will get the opportunity.

:-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2009, 03:35:24 PM »

I'm back from various and sundried errands and whatnot plus luncheon at Casa Vega.  They're still going strong next door but I do believe they'll have to stop at four or they'll go into overtime.  I had to be away today - the house was literally shaking and rattling and if I stayed I would have gone next door and started screaming at these creeps.  Of course, who I really want to scream at are the owners - and their day WILL come, oh, yes, their day WILL come.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2009, 03:38:29 PM »

I went to Fry's and undid what I'd done last night - and it was the totally right decision - the color, brightness, and sharpness on the LEDs, even with the little flashlighting problem (which I probably would never have noticed had I not read about it on that forum - and those boys, while knowledgeable, I'm sure, are so ridiculously anal AND in the scheme of things what do they really know?  I read about the settings they use on my TV and I've played with them and it looks TERRIBLE.  If that's what they think color and film look like, then they'll LOVE any Warners transfer, because what they're doing is rendering a gorgeous picture that's almost perfect coming right out of the box (the ONLY settings I touched were that auto motion and judder stuff - that they were right about) and making it a brown/yellow dim, muddy mess.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2009, 03:39:14 PM »

I will say that I was a bit surprised at how good Fry's prices are on Blu-Ray discs - I got Bullitt for twelve bucks, and Force Ten From Navarone for sixteen bucks.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2009, 03:39:48 PM »

The Casa Vega lunch was, as always, spectacularly tasty - one beef taco, one cheese enchiladas, and a few chips.  Yummilicious.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: May 22, 2009, 03:40:47 PM »

Will we never get to page six?

Cillaliz

« Reply #137 on: May 22, 2009, 03:45:52 PM »

Where's Monkey?

Monkey is in my pocket. Safely tucked away in my pocket. However, Monkey felt safe enough for the return trip.

It's a great photo...glad Monkey got to experience it with you :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #138 on: May 22, 2009, 03:54:00 PM »

It's a great photo...glad Monkey got to experience it with you :)

I'm just glad Monkey did not end up in the ravine. Whew!
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #139 on: May 22, 2009, 03:59:03 PM »

Right now, I'm listening to a CD compilation that I put together, "Simultaneous Songs & Counterpoint - Disc 16." :D And the song that is playing RIGHT NOW is "Be a Santa" with the lovely Michelle Nicastro and our very own Guy Haines!

Just had to share. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Michael

« Reply #140 on: May 22, 2009, 04:03:01 PM »

Tom Jones CD arrived today.

Listening to it right now.
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #141 on: May 22, 2009, 04:03:38 PM »

OH!

As for last night's "Ugly Betty"...

If the "assistant in training" ("I'm not gay.") looked familiar, it's because that was none other than Ryan Raftery from What If?.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #142 on: May 22, 2009, 04:07:01 PM »

TOD - We are watching The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Michael

« Reply #143 on: May 22, 2009, 04:14:53 PM »

Even though the liner notes said this was the 161 minute version, they LIED. It was the 179 minute (endless) version of the movie.

Are the added 18 minutes just a few scene additions, or are they tidbits scattered throughout?

der Brucer

I think several scenes (maybe three) were added back in. When I get to the deleted scenes, I'll see if any of them are now in the movie I watched this afternoon.

I have the extend cut on DVD

These are the extended scenes

1) After being betrayed by Blondie, surviving the desert on his way to civilization and assembling a hybrid revolver from parts of various original makes, Tuco meets with members of his gang in a distant cave, where he conspires with them to hunt and kill Blondie.

2) During his search for Bill Carson, Angel Eyes stumbles upon an embattled Confederate outpost after a massive artillery bombardment. Once there, after witnessing the wretched conditions of the survivors, he bribes a Confederate NCO for clues about Bill Carson.

3) The sequence with Tuco and Blondie crossing the desert has been extended: Tuco mentally tortures a severely dehydrated Blondie by eating and drinking in front of him.

4)  Tuco, transporting a dehydrated Blondie, finds a Confederate camp whose occupants tell him that Brother Ramirez's monastery is nearby.

5)  Angel Eyes appears at a Union camp, where his affiliation with the Union Army and his rank is explained.

6) Tuco and Blondie discuss their plans when departing in a wagon from Brother Ramirez's monastery.

7)  A scene where Blondie and Angel Eyes are resting by a creek. A man appears and Blondie shoots him. Angel Eyes asks the rest of his men to come out (all are hidden as well). When the five men come out, Blondie counts them (including Angel Eyes), and concludes that six is the perfect number. Angel Eyes asks him why, mentioning that he'd heard that three was the perfect number. Blondie responds that six is the perfect number, because he has six bullets.

8 ) The sequence with Tuco, Blondie and the Union Captain has been extended: the Captain asks the pair questions about their pasts, which they are reluctant to answer.

There was also a long more brutal scene of Tuco being beaten up, but the quality of the negative was poor.

Eastwood and Wallach went back into the studio and dubbed their dialogue into English, Since the scenes were never in the original US version, they didn't dubbed the those scenes.
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #144 on: May 22, 2009, 04:37:29 PM »

Trailer for LOVE STORY 2050:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCheKmFYPB8

I think Harman is the reason for watching that film!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DAW

« Reply #145 on: May 22, 2009, 05:26:55 PM »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: May 22, 2009, 05:28:05 PM »

I gotta tell you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: May 22, 2009, 05:28:30 PM »

I'm thinking we'd better get to page six before I have a hissy fit.

DAW

« Reply #148 on: May 22, 2009, 05:34:47 PM »

Many people don't know that Log Lady was originally Giant Squash Lady.

George

« Reply #149 on: May 22, 2009, 05:36:45 PM »

I'm thinking we'd better get to page six before I have a hissy fit.

Well, since we're so close...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up