Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I BELIEVE-UH IN MIRACLESSSSS  (Read 25094 times)

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
Re:I BELIEVE-UH IN MIRACLESSSSS
« Reply #90 on: April 29, 2005, 12:19:21 PM »

Boot Hill...somehow it doesn't sound like a nice place to be.  

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #91 on: April 29, 2005, 12:36:50 PM »

That depends on whether the boots look fabulous or not!   ;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #92 on: April 29, 2005, 01:09:04 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]HAPPY BIRTHDAY, VIXTER![/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]HEALTH VIBES TO GUY HAINES![/move]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]and that bk guy, too[/move]
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2005, 01:21:09 PM »

VCR - The Joan Hickson version of Miss Marple's Murder at the Vicarage - DH Richard and I are SO disappointed in the new MM series showing now on PBS and we wanted to see this version of the story just completed.  We'll watch it tomorrow evening while we eat pizza.

One of the local PBS stations reran both installments of the new MURDER AT THE VICARAGE from 2-4 a.m. this morning, so I recorded it to watch at some point this weekend.

I had all the Joan Hickson Miss Marple films on videotape, and when they were released on DVD, I bought them all over again even though they used the video masters they already had for the DVDs. Sadly, some look better than others on DVD, but they're still terrific, and I'm glad to have them.

(Anyone want the videotapes for a cheap price?  :) )
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 01:21:36 PM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2005, 01:23:27 PM »

In my other VCR:  a tape to tape tonight's "Star Trek:  Enterprise."  I am going to miss this show when it ends. :'(

So am I, and last week's parallel world scenario (I guess that's what is going on) was sensational; can't wait to see the conclusion tonight.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2005, 01:23:43 PM »

Report on Joe's Birthday:

I made a Word file here at work and copied all your lovely wishes, with avatars and all, into it.  The cheap freebie HP Printer I brought to work a couple of years ago to print color hasn't been printing color since they upgraded to Windows XP, so I thought the driver was wrong.  Wrong!  I just realized it needed a cartridge.   :-\

So I printed out all your lovely comments and avatars (Except DR DearReaderLaura's, which I printed out today.)  (And except the scrolling text, which prints as "Scrolling Text".)

Meanwhile, our neighbor had invited Joe out to lunch.  This is the Good Witch of the North, not the Wiched Witch of the South.  She took him out for lobster and was ever so nice.  At one point, he spasmed and dropped his lobster in his lap.  To make him feel better, Helen said, "Oh, I do that all the time."  Then she proceeded to drop her lobster twice during the meal.  What a gal!

I got home and Joe read through your lovely comments.  No dinner for him after that big lunch, so I made myself a sandwich.  The only cake was the one DR vixmom posted, and that was filling enough.

I gave him Todd Rundgren's "Liars", and so we had a Hot Toddy evening, beginning with that, and then going through a lot of Todd's earlier recordings (made BACK BEFORE JOEY WAS BORN), at full blast, with the windows open.  Until 12:00.  And if the Wicked Witch of the South called the police, we couldn't hear them at the door.

All in all, a delightful birthday, due mainly to hhw, because this is where I learned about Todd's new album, which I must say I like very much.  

And today Joe phoned and said a package had arrived from the Wonderful Land of Oz, with which he was also delighted.

Sorry I didn't post earlier today.  Busy at work, and oh...

CD Player at work:  Our very own Grant Geissman's "In with the Out Crowd".  I'm bringing it home to play for Joe this weekend.  It's his kind of jazz, it is.

And that's the SCUTTLEBUTT.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 01:25:40 PM by William F. Orr »
--Wayland Flowers

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2005, 01:25:04 PM »

And once again here in NY, Channel 9 will preempt Enterprise with a Yankees game.  Grrrrrr.  
--Wayland Flowers

Matt H.

« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2005, 01:26:27 PM »

The best laid plans of mice and men oft go awry. . . .

Here I had planned to watch DVDs all day long, and I haven't even gotten to the first one! Argh!

A friend called this morning to help him set up for a margarita party he's having this weekend (had to go pick up some tables from his church, set up, have lunch, etc.) And just now got back. Yes, he invited me to the party, but I already had other plans.

I guess tomorrow will be my DVD marathon day (and Sunday, too).

Matt H.

« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2005, 01:30:34 PM »

For those who are fans of DEADWOOD, the actress Robin Weigart who plays Calamity Jane on DEADWOOD was a guest star on CSI last night playing a psychiatrist. The voice was unmistakable, but it was such a pleasing shock seeing her all cleaned up, with very attractive makeup and something coming out of her mouth besides that infamous ten letter word she has done wonders with in two seasons of the show.

Ginny

« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2005, 01:31:55 PM »

One of the local PBS stations reran both installments of the new MURDER AT THE VICARAGE from 2-4 a.m. this morning, so I recorded it to watch at some point this weekend.

DR MattH - I'll be interested in your opinion of the new series.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2005, 01:37:56 PM »

In my other VCR:  a tape to tape tonight's "Star Trek:  Enterprise."  I am going to miss this show when it ends. :'(

DR George - The theme from Star Trek: Enterprise became our son Rob's theme song as he was finishing high school.  He burned a CD of his favorite music to be played before and after his Eagle Scout Court of Honor and "It's been a long road, getting from there to here..." was the first thing we heard at the conclusion of the ceremony.  Gives me chills, still.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2005, 01:38:15 PM »

Friday!!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2005, 01:39:04 PM »

Friday!!!!

...and the bosses are gone!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2005, 01:40:33 PM »

Ah yes, DRCP - Damsel In Distress is everything you say....Fred's dancing in the traffic, the whisk broom dance with Astaire and Burns & Allen, who acquit themselves nicely in the terpsichore dept, and poor Joan Fontaine's dance inability!

This was followed by HONOLULU with Miss Eleanor Powell doing MY favorite of all her dance routines, the hula-tap number!  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2005, 01:41:21 PM »

LOL I don't have a boss!  Hopefully that will change after NEXT week....I will ask for vibes at the appropriate time, thanks for asking DRGINNY.

Matt H.

« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2005, 01:56:03 PM »

Fred was too much a gentleman to say anything negative about any of his partners, but you have to know that he suffered when paired with the likes of Joan Fontaine or Paulette Goddard, wonderful actresses but not dancers.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 01:56:47 PM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2005, 01:59:09 PM »

On the second year of AMERICAN IDOL, one of their theme nights revolved around the music of Diane Warren. I didn't like any of her songs that night, but I was SO hoping Clay Aiken would have picked the ENTERPRISE theme song (written by her) to sing. I'd love to hear his rendition of it even today. It's the one songs of hers that I know which I really like.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 01:59:53 PM by Matt H. »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2005, 02:03:09 PM »

Kathryn Kuhlman Page Three Miracle Throat Healing for MR BK!  ;D

My God!  I thought it was Benay Venuta.
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
HAPPY OPENING NIGHT VIBES TO THE VIXTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/move]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
                                                                       GOOD HEALTH VIBES AND XYLOPHONES TO DEAR FRIEND BK AND THE MIGHTY GUY HAINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/move]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2005, 02:06:53 PM »

Russell Florence, Jr. describes the company as "...an off-kilter group of performers..." and concludes his review with the snarky description of The Producers as "...a musical that only deserved four of its record-setting 12 Tony Awards in 2001."  He doesn't specify which 4 were deserved and which 8 were not.

I'll let you know Sunday evening whether or not we (DH Richard, my mother, and I) agree.

THE PRODUCERS deserved every Tony it won!  I haven't had so much fun at a show in years.  It's a musical COMEDY for cripe's sake, and I felt it delivered in every department.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2005, 02:09:32 PM »

In my CD player at work:  Robin Hood:  First complete CD recording, in James Stuart's new edition, of the popular romantic-comic operetta (1891)

And I believe my handsome friend Tim Oliver plays Robin Hood?

Matt H.

« Reply #110 on: April 29, 2005, 02:20:57 PM »

You can't really judge how many Tony Awards an original production deserved if you're looking at a touring production, and you must always consider the competition in toto. So many things go into determining who and what wins those Tonys. (Remember the campaign for AVENUE Q last year that seemed to charm folks into voting for it over the mammoth favorite WICKED which had won most of the other Best Musical awards prior to the Tonys.)

I agree with DR Elmore. I saw the two favorites that year THE PRODUCERS and THE FULL MONTY on successive evenings and both were marvelous shows, but I thought overall THE PRODUCERS was the more deseerving of its honors. If I had one quibble, it was with Kady Huffman winning the featured actress Tony. I probably would have gone with Kathleen Freeman.

Matt H.

« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2005, 02:21:54 PM »

Oops, that's Cady Huffman, not Kady. Sorry, Cady.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2005, 02:26:07 PM »

You can't really judge how many Tony Awards an original production deserved if you're looking at a touring production, and you must always consider the competition in toto. So many things go into determining who and what wins those Tonys. (Remember the campaign for AVENUE Q last year that seemed to charm folks into voting for it over the mammoth favorite WICKED which had won most of the other Best Musical awards prior to the Tonys.)

I agree with DR Elmore. I saw the two favorites that year THE PRODUCERS and THE FULL MONTY on successive evenings and both were marvelous shows, but I thought overall THE PRODUCERS was the more deseerving of its honors. If I had one quibble, it was with Kady Huffman winning the featured actress Tony. I probably would have gone with Kathleen Freeman.

And my quibble is that Best Score Tony.  As fun as THE PRODUCERS' score is, the score for MONTY was, IMHO, better.  And I wasn't even crazy about the show....

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2005, 02:43:51 PM »

For those who are fans of DEADWOOD, the actress Robin Weigart who plays Calamity Jane on DEADWOOD was a guest star on CSI last night playing a psychiatrist. The voice was unmistakable, but it was such a pleasing shock seeing her all cleaned up, with very attractive makeup and something coming out of her mouth besides that infamous ten letter word she has done wonders with in two seasons of the show.

Okay, I've never watched DEADWOOD.  What 10 letter word are you referring to??  Inquiring minds want to know! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2005, 03:13:49 PM »

And I believe my handsome friend Tim Oliver plays Robin Hood?

That's the one!  And the Little John is quite the cutie, also! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2005, 03:34:11 PM »

Chewing gum right now.  It's supposed to help me stop clearing my throat so often and I must say it seems to be helping.  I would not chew gum in front of others, however, as when others chew in front of me it makes me want to rip their eyes out of their sockets and pull their bloody entrails out and strew them along the street.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2005, 03:34:49 PM »

I think I'm finished writing DIALOGUE for today.  I wrote five pages worth, which, to me, is like writing twenty-five pages of a book.

Jed

« Reply #117 on: April 29, 2005, 03:50:17 PM »

Well, the temp gig is now officially over...and I'm back to the everlasting job hunt.  At least my bank account is slightly padded now, enough to get me through a month or two.  

Ditto.  

I took a spelling/math/typing test this morning as part of the screening for a job I've applied for with the newspaper here in Tacoma.  They chose a handful of us applicants to move on to this testing step, then will narrow it down to a few of us for interviews.  Hopefully I'll be asking for interview vibes sometime next week.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

George

« Reply #118 on: April 29, 2005, 04:10:00 PM »

Chewing gum right now.  It's supposed to help me stop clearing my throat so often and I must say it seems to be helping.  I would not chew gum in front of others, however, as when others chew in front of me it makes me want to rip their eyes out of their sockets and pull their bloody entrails out and strew them along the street.

Don't be so vague, BK.  Tell us how you really feel about people chewing gum in front of you. ;D

Danise

« Reply #119 on: April 29, 2005, 04:25:03 PM »

Hi all.

Dog gone it, it seems I’m always a day late and dollar short around here these days.  

I want to wish Joe a very happy belated birthday.  I really enjoyed our talks in NYC and meant to tell him that.  

Break an arm, leg, what ever it takes but don’t get really hurt vibes to the Vixter and Anthony!  I wish I could be there to attend both shows, I know they are going to be wonderful!

Happy B-day to the Vixter as well!  Here is a cake and balloons for you!

Get well vibes to BK as well.  Let’s get those pipes back in good working order sooner than soon.

DR Elmore—I dreamed about you last night!  I was somewhere in NYC.  I think I was somewhere near the library because it looked something like that area.  Anyway, I had my laptop with me and thought to send you an e-mail to ask if we could meet for lunch.  There really isn’t that much more to the dream that I can remember but if you dream tonight, be sure to check your ”dream computer” for a message from me!  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up