Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: BROKEN RECORD  (Read 25047 times)

singdaw

Re:BROKEN RECORD
« Reply #120 on: April 09, 2008, 10:20:03 AM »

Does Truth in Advertising have a firm start date yet, DR Edisuarus?

Jennifer

« Reply #121 on: April 09, 2008, 10:20:15 AM »

AMERICAN IDOL Spoiler.

Well, actually, all they did was sing. How can talking about a Tuesday IDOL be spoilery?

Well for my post at least the spoiler was for the dialidol results (which maybe not everyone would want to know).

But ia agree the spoilers should basically be only for the elimination show.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #122 on: April 09, 2008, 10:25:30 AM »

Does Truth in Advertising have a firm start date yet, DR Edisuarus?

No firm date yet, but early next year.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

singdaw

« Reply #123 on: April 09, 2008, 10:27:46 AM »

Thanks!  :)   Can't wait...

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #124 on: April 09, 2008, 10:31:30 AM »

Oh, my. You probably won't get to hear any of the newly revised book, the topic of which caused quite a furor at CastRecL if I recall. In subsequent information about the production they seem to have dropped that point. The book is still being revised by John Guare I understand, but the whole issue of making it an anti-war piece seems to have disappeared. ...

Just on a tangent here, but have you ever noticed how plays and other pieces of art are often listed as being anti-war, but you never hear of a play or other piece of art being called pro-war?

Just one of those things that flitted through my mind.  Brain fart, sorta.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

BrettySpaghetti

• Insert hilarious quip here
    • The Blog Ate My Gun
« Reply #125 on: April 09, 2008, 10:33:57 AM »

Well for my post at least the spoiler was for the dialidol results (which maybe not everyone would want to know).

True dat!

Actually, I knew nothing about this DialIdol thing. Very interesting. They say it has accurately predicted the winner every time.

I've never even considered voting. Has anybody here actually dropped a dime on this show?

BrettySpaghetti

• Insert hilarious quip here
    • The Blog Ate My Gun
« Reply #126 on: April 09, 2008, 10:35:38 AM »

Just on a tangent here, but have you ever noticed how plays and other pieces of art are often listed as being anti-war, but you never hear of a play or other piece of art being called pro-war?

Ginny

« Reply #127 on: April 09, 2008, 10:45:37 AM »

My brownbag lunch event was a success (21 people attended and the guest speaker did a good job) and I'm now buying the affections of my co-workers with leftover cookies.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2008, 10:53:55 AM »

I have to make vermicelli again tonight. And of course there are no instructions on the package. I remembered asking DR Jose the question a couple of months ago. But when i do a search i find nothing. :(

I'm trying to think of what he said last time. The best i can remember is to soak it first (under the tap). And then stir-fry it. I hope that was right. I can't remember if i was supposed to boil it in water.

:(

What are you searching?  HainesHisWay?

Ever try GOOGLE?

I entered "how do I cook vermicelli" and this just popped up!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #129 on: April 09, 2008, 11:03:23 AM »

1776 PRO-war?

With a song like "Mama, Look Sharp"?  A song about death caused by war?  About loss caused by war?

Even General Washington, in his letters to the Congress, never once suggests that war is something wonderful.  To the contrary, he complains bitterly of life at the battlefield.

I've never run across a review that said the musical makes war sound like a good thing.

1776 is pro-revolution, pro-freedom.  It is about throwing off the shackles, whether they be of the tyranny of unjust leadership or the equal tyranny of following a way of thinking simply because that thinking has existed and been followed before.  That does not make it pro-war.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Edisaurus

« Reply #130 on: April 09, 2008, 11:04:00 AM »

DR Ben, I didn't have a chance to listen to Beverly's entire show. I thought maybe she had played Bryn Terfel for me and his other fans, but it must have been a different song...do you know which one it was? My clients wanted to hear her give me a shoutout but didn't have time to hear the whole show.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

singdaw

« Reply #131 on: April 09, 2008, 11:04:27 AM »

Just count to ten, and remember what this will look like on YouTube...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #132 on: April 09, 2008, 11:04:56 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Alas, I did not disappear into the mists of the highlands of Scotland, but I did witness some pretty flexible potential Brigadoonizens.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #133 on: April 09, 2008, 11:07:48 AM »

DUCK SOUP? "Freedonia's Going To War"!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #134 on: April 09, 2008, 11:08:14 AM »

DR Jennifer - Just soak the noodles or give them a good rinse until they're pliable.  If you're going to put them into soup, then a good rinse will do - you just want to wash off some of the processing "stuff".  Otherwise, soak them in hot water and drain before putting them in your stir-fry.  They're sort of foolproof to make in the sense that if you find that they are not soft enough, all you have to do is add some more liquid to the pan and cook them a bit longer.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #135 on: April 09, 2008, 11:10:17 AM »

And since it happens to be gorgeous - again! - outside today, I took another little stroll through Central Park after I was done playing my auditions, and this is what I saw...

Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #136 on: April 09, 2008, 11:10:40 AM »

You can actually get a DVD of EVENING PRIMROSE right here...although the picture quality isn't all that hot...http://www.ioffer.com/i/EVENING-PRIMROSE-DVD-1966-anthony-perkins-fantasy--39757621

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #137 on: April 09, 2008, 11:10:58 AM »

And this...

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #138 on: April 09, 2008, 11:12:14 AM »

And just for DR Ron Pulliam... Although, upon closer inspection, I'm not sure they're really azaleas... Possibly a rhododendron of some sort?... In any case...

Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #139 on: April 09, 2008, 11:12:28 AM »

give them a good rinse until they're pliable.

The noodles, or the Brigadoonizens?   ;)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #140 on: April 09, 2008, 11:14:05 AM »

I am listening to Mike Oldfield's Music of the Spheres.  It is interesting, although strongly related musically to Tubular Bells.  I'll have to listen to it several times before I can really call a judgement on it.

This, of course, coming from someone who thinks his true masterpiece is Amarok.

singdaw

« Reply #141 on: April 09, 2008, 11:14:41 AM »

Pretty, DR JoseSPiano!   :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: April 09, 2008, 11:14:52 AM »

Lots of folks sell those sub-par dupes of dupes of dupes of dupes of Primrose.  I have a rather nice copy myself, but you couldn't release it on DVD like that.  Years ago, I checked and the master tape (in color) was believed to have been taped over, something the networks did a lot back then.  So, it would seem as if the only existing print at the moment resides with the Museum Of Television and Broadcasting in NY.  Their print is decent, a 16mm kinescope.  One could go off that, but they can't allow anyone to transfer.  Furthermore, there's the matter of the John Collier estate, who seem to want to have nothing to do with this film, and the Goldman estate, who've been known to be difficult.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #143 on: April 09, 2008, 11:19:38 AM »

And just for DR Ron Pulliam... Although, upon closer inspection, I'm not sure they're really azaleas... Possibly a rhododendron of some sort?... In any case...

Thanks for the photos, DR Jose!  They are, indeed, azaleas, and may be compared to the photo I found via Google:
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Edisaurus

« Reply #144 on: April 09, 2008, 11:22:38 AM »

Azaleas, you bet!

singdaw

« Reply #145 on: April 09, 2008, 11:25:30 AM »

I think we need to write a hymn for DearReaderLaura to insert into next Sunday's bulletin.

I'm thinking it should rhyme "Come to Jesus" with "Moldy Cheeses."

singdaw

« Reply #146 on: April 09, 2008, 11:26:37 AM »

you bet!

No one can say "You betcha" like Frances McDormand!   :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: April 09, 2008, 11:27:23 AM »

Went to Staples and ordered 1000 more shipping labels, bought more paper, printing ink, etc.  I had two discount cards for the copy center, but not only did they let me use the card for everything I bought (stuff not from the copy center) but they let me use BOTH cards - I saved about 50% off the entire order, basically getting the labels for free.  That's what I'M talkin' about.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: April 09, 2008, 11:27:48 AM »

Happily printing away.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: April 09, 2008, 11:28:32 AM »

Must pay more bills today associated with this release.  And I have to decide what I'm shipping these things in and what's most cost effective.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up