Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: KEEPING MY WITS ABOUT ME  (Read 9040 times)

Ginny

Re: KEEPING MY WITS ABOUT ME
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2013, 06:58:49 AM »

Yes, DR Elmore, it's one of my fondest memories.  At the end of the cast meeting, you said, "Now I want Ginny to come up here and stand next to me."  I thought, "Oh, man, am I in trouble or what?"  Snooky came out with the cake with candles and everybody sang "Happy Birthday" and you presented me with this Snoopy autograph hound signed by cast & crew:
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2013, 06:59:39 AM »

Snoopy says, "Welcome to Page 2!"
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2013, 07:33:36 AM »

And there is Larry's name on Snoopy's haunches!

Ben

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2013, 07:33:49 AM »

Great picture and memory.

ChasSmith

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2013, 07:40:24 AM »

Oh, you wild and wacky thrill-seekin' party-lovin' BUCKEYES!      :)

Ginny

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2013, 08:01:13 AM »

DR ChasSmith, even though I've lived in Ohio for 40 years now, I will never - ever - be a Buckeye.  Go, Blue!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2013, 08:10:40 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!

TOD: German chocolate, carrot, Central Pastry birthday cake.

Central Pastry birthday cakes are, indeed, lovely.  DR Elmore surprised me with one at our first rehearsal for "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" on my 26th birthday.

I did? I have no memory at all!

Uh-oh....that oldtimer's disease is at play here!!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2013, 08:11:41 AM »

Yes, DR Elmore, it's one of my fondest memories.  At the end of the cast meeting, you said, "Now I want Ginny to come up here and stand next to me."  I thought, "Oh, man, am I in trouble or what?"  Snooky came out with the cake with candles and everybody sang "Happy Birthday" and you presented me with this Snoopy autograph hound signed by cast & crew:

A very lovely gesture.  Elmo, even though  you don't remember doing it, you were "Aces" even way back when!!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2013, 08:13:47 AM »

TOD:

Where to begin???

A basic Duncan Hines moist yellow cake with chocolate icing.

Strawberry cake with strawberry icing.

Lemon cake with lemon icing.

Caramel cake.

Rum cake (with rum glaze).

Ginny

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2013, 08:14:22 AM »

A very lovely gesture.  Elmo, even though  you don't remember doing it, you were "Aces" even way back when!!

Indeed he was/is, DR Ron!  That birthday surprise was the first time in Middletown that I felt like I had some real friends.  It had only taken 3+ years...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2013, 08:14:49 AM »

The day here is gray and foggy (with mist).

It will burn off, of course.

As we near the date for "falling back", timewise, each day it's darker and darker when I drive in to work.

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2013, 08:21:47 AM »

Oops, wait a minute!  DR Elmore's birthday surprise was my 25th birthday, so it only took a little over 2 years for me to make friends in my new town.

Guess I had my own "oldtimers" moment!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 08:36:31 AM by Ginny »

Ginny

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2013, 08:38:48 AM »

TOD - one of my favorite cakes is yellow cake with caramel icing.  We used to get that at Sanders bakery in Detroit and I've tried to replicate it, with limited success.

Ginny

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2013, 08:55:22 AM »

OK, I'm off to take my mother Krogering.  Bye for now!

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2013, 09:06:01 AM »

I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2013, 09:12:38 AM »

And DR singdaw is agog, aghast and agape...sometimes all at the same time!

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2013, 09:17:48 AM »

DR Ron Pulliam -

Does it show?

;)
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2013, 09:18:43 AM »

By the way, DR Ron Pulliam -

You should live on the wild side once in a while.

Have a lemon cake with strawberry icing, or a strawberry cake with lemon icing.        :)

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2013, 09:23:46 AM »

I can't remember if I ever shared with DR Ron Pulliam - or with the rest of HHW - my story of meeting him in person for the first time. We had agreed on a place and time to meet, but of course I didn't know what he looked like. So there I was, on the streets of downtown San Francisco, looking at complete strangers as they walked by, saying, "Ron?  RON??"

Some of them ignored me. Some gave me a wide berth on the sidewalk. And a few men smiled back and looked like they were going to stop and talk. It was a very outré experience.

But we finally did connect, and had a most delightful afternoon together!       :)

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 09:33:21 AM by singdaw »

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2013, 09:38:04 AM »

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2013, 09:42:25 AM »

And the word of the day is: TUMID!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  WILD IS THE WIND

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2013, 09:59:28 AM »

Good afternoon, all.

Better health vibes for KevinH.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2013, 10:02:46 AM »

TOD:

My mother's Black Forest Torte, which is three layers of white cake, cut in half. In between the bottom layers, who you put chopped up brandied cherries, then alternate with a whipped cream frosting all the way up. Then frost with more whipped cream frosting, cover the top with whole brandied cherries and put dark chocolate shavings on the outside.

My flourless chocolate cake, flavored with a touch of Kahlua especial, frangelico or chambord.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2013, 10:03:24 AM »

Indeed he was/is, DR Ron!  That birthday surprise was the first time in Middletown that I felt like I had some real friends.  It had only taken 3+ years...

Well, you were awfully scary!

Thank you, DR Ron Pulliam, for the loverly compliment!

And I am home from therapy. I biked three miles and the therapy team keeps telling me they are amazed by my progress. They ordered pizza for lunch and two pizzas were delivered while I was biking; the delicious odor was driving me mad for a slice.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2013, 10:04:30 AM »

Oops, wait a minute!  DR Elmore's birthday surprise was my 25th birthday, so it only took a little over 2 years for me to make friends in my new town.

Guess I had my own "oldtimers" moment!

I don't feel so bad abut forgetting now!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2013, 10:05:44 AM »

Vibes for DR Sam.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2013, 10:06:15 AM »

Well, you were awfully scary!

Thank you, DR Ron Pulliam, for the loverly compliment!

And I am home from therapy. I biked three miles and the therapy team keeps telling me they are amazed by my progress. They ordered pizza for lunch and two pizzas were delivered while I was biking; the delicious odor was driving me mad for a slice.

That's torture.
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2013, 10:15:16 AM »

I meant to add flourless chocolate cakes.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2013, 10:19:17 AM »

Nicky would like to thank one and all for the kind wishes; especially his feline friends, Callie and Boo.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2013, 10:19:33 AM »

One more
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up