Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: LOOK, UP IN THE SKY - IT'S A BIRD, IT'S A PLANE, IT'S SUPERMAN?  (Read 8543 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: LOOK, UP IN THE SKY - IT'S A BIRD, IT'S A PLANE, IT'S SUPERMAN?
« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2014, 07:19:31 PM »

Five!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #121 on: January 26, 2014, 07:24:36 PM »

A law firm is moving out of our building and they are downsizing.  I bought some chairs from them and a console (sofa) table that was exactly what I was looking for to put in the entry at the office.  They are also going to give me all of their Law Reporters (law books) for my library.  I do all my research on the computer, well almost all of it, but the books will look great in the library/ conference room and I have enough room for them.   So, part of tomorrow will involve moving books. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #122 on: January 26, 2014, 07:26:57 PM »

My brother is going to buy some of the chairs from my office.  I'm really glad.  They are very nice, but they don't really fit with the design of my office.   I didn't want to just give them away and didn't want to hassle with listing them for sale, so this will work out great for both of us.   He was planning to come to town for some of his cases tomorrow, but they are having a blizzard there (2 hours away) so I'm not sure he will

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: January 26, 2014, 07:30:29 PM »

Was watching a bit more of For a Few Dollars More but kept dozing off.  So, done with viewing and I'll just write some more and play on the computer for the rest of the evening.  I've done seven pages already today, so that's pretty good, and I'm sure I can do two or three more before the evening is done.

John G.

« Reply #124 on: January 26, 2014, 07:42:39 PM »

Congrats on the furniture purchase, Cillaliz. I wish I could find something like that. I could use a couple of office chairs for home. And a desk would be nice, too.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #125 on: January 26, 2014, 07:50:18 PM »

The NY G&S Players are on tour in Idaho while we are recording. Damn.

I have a low F  :)

John G.

« Reply #126 on: January 26, 2014, 08:52:12 PM »

Good night, all.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: January 26, 2014, 09:01:09 PM »

Page five?  Really?  End of January?  Really?

ChasSmith

« Reply #128 on: January 26, 2014, 09:04:36 PM »

For my second feature I watched MAN IN THE DARK.  I'd never seen this one either, and really enjoyed it.  Watched in 2-D.  Will get out the glasses and repeat it in 3-D tomorrow.

Too bad there wasn't just a little more in the story department, but much fun and great locations.  I'm stumped by what rooftops those might have been, apparently in the south part of Hollywood (judging by a glimpse of the Hollywood sign, and a few shots showing the Broadway roof sign as being not too far away).  But the amusement pier, oh yeah baby.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #129 on: January 26, 2014, 09:18:00 PM »

I slept better last night. Sleeping is difficult because of the rash, and I wake up frequently, but at least I got some sleep between the wake-ups. 

DR Jeanne, I hope this bodes good and that the improvement continues!

I just opened an envelope from my friend Charlie Harmon, who's been cleaning up the estate of my friend Dale Kugel who died in late November, and a financial gift from Dale landed in my lap. It was completely unexpected, but it will clear all of my financial obligations of December and January and leave me a small amount to help me get through February.

That is wonderful news, elmore.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2014, 09:33:23 PM »

For my second feature I watched MAN IN THE DARK.  I'd never seen this one either, and really enjoyed it.  Watched in 2-D.  Will get out the glasses and repeat it in 3-D tomorrow.

Too bad there wasn't just a little more in the story department, but much fun and great locations.  I'm stumped by what rooftops those might have been, apparently in the south part of Hollywood (judging by a glimpse of the Hollywood sign, and a few shots showing the Broadway roof sign as being not too far away).  But the amusement pier, oh yeah baby.

The rooftops were on the studio lot - the lot that became Zoetrope in the 80s - on Las Palmas near Santa Monica Blvd.  That's why you can see the Broadway Hollywood to the east.  The studio had a bunch of names over the years - it was probably General Service Studios when Man in the Dark was filmed.  It's where the first two seasons of I Love Lucy were filmed, and where CBS did a lot of their shows, like Perry Mason, Petticoat Junction etc.  Zoetrope came and went quickly and now it's Hollywood Center Studios.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 09:38:05 PM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2014, 10:25:11 PM »

Nine pages - I'd say that was a good day's writing.  In the morning I'll finish the current chapter and begin the next one.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: January 26, 2014, 10:53:38 PM »

Where in tarnation IS everyone?  It's dullsville around here.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up