Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: KRITZERLAND AT STERLING'S 42  (Read 7780 times)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
Re: KRITZERLAND AT STERLING'S 42
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2014, 10:22:05 AM »

Tonight, I'm seeing The Australian Bee Gees Show which is billed as a "Multi Media Tribute Show".  I have a subscription to Broadway San Jose this year, and this is one of the shows.  I'll be sure to report back!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2014, 10:22:22 AM »

Saturday Night Fever page 3 dance!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2014, 11:20:07 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes mentioned Kritzerland at Sterling's 42, and now it is time for you to post until the 42 cows come home.

42...the answer to the ultimate question of Life, the Universe and Everything!

(But then...what's the question?? ;))
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2014, 11:20:35 AM »

TOD

There were too many shows to choose a favorite Harold Prince show, but now to choose a favorite song? Times all those show by 15-20 songs per show impossible. Even his less successful shows there's at least one or two songs that are good.

What he said!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2014, 11:25:04 AM »

Today, we have the singing auditions for our 8th grade musical.  We are doing Dear Edwina which is one of my favorite shows ever.  However, some 8th grade parents don't think so - they think their children have been slighted by doing an off-broadway play instead of a Broadway play.  I heard this through the principal - who is also a friend of mine - and I had to laugh.  If the parents ever want to complain to me, I'll just tell them the truth - the difference between a Broadway show and an Off-Broadway show is basically 500+ more seats in a theatre and a 10+ million dollar budget.  Then, if they don't like that answer, we can go into shows that started off-broadway and then moved to Broadway and won a Tony for best musical.  Notice, there is nothing about the quality of the work here?   I hate parents....

I think maybe the parents are not upset that it is actually an off-broadway show. They are probably meaning that they wish it was a more famous/popular show that everyone knew.

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2014, 11:42:45 AM »

And feel free to post photos of Dear Cat Minny!!!

Here's a photo of Minny The Cat after he decided to end a book report.
Aunt Esther: I have the spirit of Christmas . . .
Fred Sanford: . . . and the face of Halloween!

A house divided by itself, falls down.
-- Edith Baines Bunker

MBarnum

« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2014, 11:56:58 AM »

I am sure that must not be Minny's best side.

MBarnum

« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2014, 11:59:30 AM »

Revised TOD:

Not really stranded, I guess, but was at the Portland airport overnight last time I flew to NYC as the incoming flight was grounded due to weather.

The airport is very quiet and deserted at 3 am.

MBarnum

« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2014, 12:00:45 PM »

Don't know if I mentioned it the other week, but I watched a new Punjabi film which was a remake(ish) of THE NOTEBOOK.

I cried.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2014, 12:16:04 PM »

Here's a photo of Minny The Cat after he decided to end a book report.

A Book Report on Peter Rabbit?      :)
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2014, 12:25:32 PM »

Minny says it is done!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2014, 12:25:37 PM »

T.O.D.

"Dear Friend" from SHE LOVES ME!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2014, 12:27:44 PM »

No snow yet.

The more I think about the link that DR DAKOTA CELT posted, the more upset I get.  And now this woman is STILL a university employee, gets an office, gets nearly $300,000 in compensation over the next two years AND gets a "glowing" recommendation from people who want her GONE....

She knows how to use the system for sure.  I think if the university really cared, they would hang to the cost and let her take them to court.  She is obviously in the wrong.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2014, 12:32:38 PM »

Those of us in the Pacific Northwest are starting to get our own Artic Blast this week. This will be the first really cold tmeperatures that we have had since early December.  Tonight our temperatures will drop into the mid-twenties, and beginning tomorrow night into the teens.

Sorry, but that is as cold as it gets around here.  There is a possibility of some snow on Saturday, but the temps would have to warm up again for that to happen.
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2014, 12:47:52 PM »

I sent an email to NDSU about my thoughts....but of course, it will mean nothing to them.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2014, 12:50:55 PM »

When I was in college I transferred from Kansas to Iowa after my sophomore year.   I drove back to KU to visit one year and on the way back I got stranded in Kearny, Mo. I waited really longer than I should have to pull off the interstate, but there was just no going any farther.   I went from hotel to hotel trying to find a room, but everything was full.....except the Kam Ron Inn.  I had a room, the phone was down the hall, the closet was the pipe coming off the water heater and there were holes in the walls that were covered with duct tape.  But, it was clean, it was warm and dry and it had a TV.  The next morning the show was up to my knees but I was able to get the car out and get on my way.  I did hear on the news that someone was hit by a car on the interstate that night. I was glad I stopped when I did

I hate those really deep shows, too.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2014, 01:03:32 PM »

So is anyone going to watch the debate between Bill Nye, the Science Guy and Ken Ham, Creationist?  The official topic of their debate is, "Is creation a viable model of origins in today’s modern, scientific era?"  It'll be available on YouTube for free for a while afterward, or you can pre-order the debate on DVD or digital download.  It starts today at 4:00 PM Pacific time (7:00 PM Eastern).  I'll still be here at work, so I can't, but I'll watch some of it tonight.  I'm sure that it'll be very interesting.

George

« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2014, 01:04:47 PM »

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2014, 01:09:46 PM »

Minny says it is done!

Here's Minny when he's concluded his cat inspection duties and getting ready to settle into his favorite chair:

-- Edith Baines Bunker

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2014, 01:10:59 PM »

I don't want to alarm you DR DAN M - but I think Minny is planning on taking over the world.

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2014, 01:11:30 PM »

So is anyone going to watch the debate between Bill Nye, the Science Guy and Ken Ham, Creationist?  The official topic of their debate is, "Is creation a viable model of origins in today’s modern, scientific era?"  It'll be available on YouTube for free for a while afterward, or you can pre-order the debate on DVD or digital download.  It starts today at 4:00 PM Pacific time (7:00 PM Eastern).  I'll still be here at work, so I can't, but I'll watch some of it tonight.  I'm sure that it'll be very interesting.

Just wondering if they'll ask Ham where eggs come from?

-- Edith Baines Bunker

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2014, 01:13:52 PM »

I don't want to alarm you DR DAN M - but I think Minny is planning on taking over the world.

Yes, DR Jrand63, I agree; he's a pretty clever one.

-- Edith Baines Bunker

Ginny

« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2014, 01:13:52 PM »

New topic of the day: Have you ever been stranded somewhere because of the weather - if so, where and for how long?

Does my 64-hour captivity in a Holiday Inn in Atlanta last week count?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2014, 01:18:47 PM »

I survived my stress test and nuclear imaging this afternoon, but have to stay away from airports, Federal buildings, and junkyards where I may set off the radiation alarms.  That's in effect for 3 days, so the winter weather may help me cope with the restriction.

My new cardiologist will discuss the results of today's test with me on February 21.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2014, 01:25:18 PM »

No snow yet.

The more I think about the link that DR DAKOTA CELT posted, the more upset I get.  And now this woman is STILL a university employee, gets an office, gets nearly $300,000 in compensation over the next two years AND gets a "glowing" recommendation from people who want her GONE....

She knows how to use the system for sure.  I think if the university really cared, they would hang to the cost and let her take them to court.  She is obviously in the wrong.

As frustrating as it is, what I am guessing has happened is that the school, particularly whomever is this gals boss, did not take correct action in disciplining her and they know that if it goes to court, they will lose even more money.

It is horrible that this woman is getting such a seemingly good deal, but hopefully her prospects of ever being hired by anyone else are slim to none. Even with the letter of recomendation, this story itself will make any potential employer think twice, and it will be easily found when they google her after her first interview! So, there is some justice, thanks to the paper that published this!!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2014, 01:25:40 PM »

Now that is a good cat snap, DR Dan M!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2014, 01:28:12 PM »

I'm up.  Went to the car place a little earlier than my appointment.  Then I went and had some breakfast.  The car place called and said the car was ready, but that I needed new rear tires - they'd told me they were getting close to having to be replaced back in December, and the time had come, so I gave them the go-ahead.  There were a couple of other really minor things, and they weren't going to finish till the end of the day, so I got a loaner and came home.  I'll either go back there at six-thirty after the traffic or in the morning.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2014, 01:29:17 PM »

When I got home, I futzed and finessed yesterday's fifteen pages.  That took over ninety minutes - I added things, I smoothed things out, and I thought it read very well when I got done doing all that - I wrote about a page of new stuff, and now I'm going on from there.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2014, 01:42:29 PM »

I think you are probably right DR MBARNUM......but a few emails to let them know how we feel can't hurt.

I am sure the reply will be along "we do not comment on personnel issues" lines, if I get a reply at all.

ChasSmith

« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2014, 01:45:54 PM »

Back, from:  Petco, Shop Rite, Stew Leonard's, and Cold Stone Creamery -- with birthday dinner supplies for a friend and storm shopping done.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up