Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: PROOF  (Read 6194 times)

Ginny

Re: PROOF
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2014, 09:26:33 AM »

The other thing attached to my Morris/Bolcom program is a pink feather from Joan's boa.  To minimize our time away from our newborn, Richard and I arrived at the very last minute before the performance began.  The ushers tried to direct us up a steep and narrow stairway to the balcony, but Richard explained that I'd just had a baby, so they sent us to the front row of the orchestra.  When Joan made a flourish with her boa, the feathers flew and I caught one!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2014, 09:57:24 AM »

Jennifer thanks for the reminder.  Since I last checked "Fear Nothing" is available.  I put a hold on it using Keith's account and am 55th on the queue with 4 copies owned by the library.

My mistake, I did have this in my holds where I am 22nd on the queue.

Jane

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2014, 09:57:52 AM »

The other thing attached to my Morris/Bolcom program is a pink feather from Joan's boa.  To minimize our time away from our newborn, Richard and I arrived at the very last minute before the performance began.  The ushers tried to direct us up a steep and narrow stairway to the balcony, but Richard explained that I'd just had a baby, so they sent us to the front row of the orchestra.  When Joan made a flourish with her boa, the feathers flew and I caught one!

:)

Ginny

« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2014, 09:58:11 AM »

Congratulations to DR Singdaw on the new job!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2014, 09:59:43 AM »

OMG, I just decided to take a look at the program for that Morris & Bolcom concert and found that I'd clipped a review from the local paper.  It was written by Journal Staff Writer John Griffin!

Yes, that confirms your memory, DR John G!

Super cool! :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2014, 10:01:39 AM »

Nice link DR GINNY....and nice story....

Small world.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2014, 10:09:52 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Guess I'll do some proofing and then go to my lunch.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2014, 10:10:00 AM »

Jrand has the right composer.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2014, 10:22:13 AM »

I was at that Bolcom and Morris concert at the Sorg, and we all went to Duff's with Joasn and Bill after the concert.

I am indeed getting sick. I hope the two Collegians show up soon - I told them I'd be here until 2:30 - because I need some tea and to go to bed.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2014, 10:26:43 AM »

Jrand has the right composer.

Strings! Never! Lie!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2014, 10:57:55 AM »

I was at that Bolcom and Morris concert at the Sorg, and we all went to Duff's with Joasn and Bill after the concert.

We, alas, did not go to Duff's.  That would have been fun.

I am indeed getting sick. I hope the two Collegians show up soon - I told them I'd be here until 2:30 - because I need some tea and to go to bed.

Feel better, dear DR Elmore!

Jennifer

« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2014, 11:43:15 AM »

Jennifer thanks for the reminder.  Since I last checked "Fear Nothing" is available.  I put a hold on it using Keith's account and am 55th on the queue with 4 copies owned by the library.

My mistake, I did have this in my holds where I am 22nd on the queue.

:)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2014, 11:49:16 AM »

OMG, I just decided to take a look at the program for that Morris & Bolcom concert and found that I'd clipped a review from the local paper.  It was written by Journal Staff Writer John Griffin!

Well, that's worth nothing. But I would like a photocopy or a scanned copy of that, if you ever have a moment.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2014, 11:50:32 AM »

Health vibes for Elmore!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2014, 11:51:56 AM »

― Voltaire

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2014, 11:55:30 AM »

Serendipity-doo!     :)
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2014, 11:55:46 AM »

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2014, 11:56:27 AM »

DR elmore3003, I truly hope you are not getting sick. Or if you are, that it is not the horrible thing that I currently have.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2014, 11:59:18 AM »

Weird - I can hear the audio on DR Ginny's Sorg video, but I can't the the video!

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2014, 11:59:54 AM »

Heading out to do an errand. Hoping that the Walgreens or the CVS will have posterboard.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2014, 12:46:53 PM »

Back. Walgreens had it.      :)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2014, 01:16:19 PM »

DR John G, the Sorg has changed a lot since it was a movie theatre.  There was an actual opera company there in the '90's and we enjoyed many of their performances.  I especially remember MADAME BUTTERFLY, H. M. S. PINAFORE, THE MIKADO, and a concert version of AIDA.  Joan Morris and William Bolcom gave a concert there one week after Rob was born and my mom and Richard's babysat so Richard and I could go.  And, in 1991, a tour of FORBIDDEN BROADWAY was just the antidote to some potentially frightening medical news I'd just received (turned out OK).

I was at a Bolcom and Morris performance there. So, I was living in Middletown when Rob was born. I think that was 1985. Is my memory in any way correct?

That's amazing!  What a small world! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2014, 01:17:03 PM »

~~~Feel Better Quickly Vibes for Larry!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2014, 01:17:51 PM »

TOD

Not so much music listening as movies this week, and I've got much to ketchup on.  In the still-watching and to-be-watched-forthwith stacks are MAN IN THE DARK (in 3-D) and other Twilight Time releases.  In fact, those others (ZULU, KHARTOUM and more) might still have to wait a bit.  Also, I was way too tired last night to even start THE LADY FROM SHANGHAI, so that will be tonight and I am totally looking forward to reacquainting myself with this one.

But before that, something a little different:  Today I'm taking advantage of a second chance to see GRAVITY -- not only in the theater, but in IMAX 3-D.  I was sorry to have missed that experience on its first time around and have vowed not to let this second chance go by.

I saw it in 3-D, but I don't think that it was IMAX 3-D.  The 3-D effects were VERY effective and I really enjoyed it.  I love that kind of stuff, so it's recommended by the likes of me. :)

Jane

« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2014, 01:18:40 PM »

DR elmore3003, I truly hope you are not getting sick. Or if you are, that it is not the horrible thing that I currently have.

I hope you both feel better very soon!!!!

Jane

« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2014, 01:19:27 PM »

TOD

Not so much music listening as movies this week, and I've got much to ketchup on.  In the still-watching and to-be-watched-forthwith stacks are MAN IN THE DARK (in 3-D) and other Twilight Time releases.  In fact, those others (ZULU, KHARTOUM and more) might still have to wait a bit.  Also, I was way too tired last night to even start THE LADY FROM SHANGHAI, so that will be tonight and I am totally looking forward to reacquainting myself with this one.

But before that, something a little different:  Today I'm taking advantage of a second chance to see GRAVITY -- not only in the theater, but in IMAX 3-D.  I was sorry to have missed that experience on its first time around and have vowed not to let this second chance go by.

I saw it in 3-D, but I don't think that it was IMAX 3-D.  The 3-D effects were VERY effective and I really enjoyed it.  I love that kind of stuff, so it's recommended by the likes of me. :)

I second this.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2014, 01:28:01 PM »

Thanks, DR Jane!     :)

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2014, 01:31:18 PM »

In sad news, preparing now to head to a wake for the brother of a friend of mine. A man in his early sixties, who last weekend fell down his basement steps and died from the subsequent head wound.

George

« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2014, 01:39:19 PM »

In sad news, preparing now to head to a wake for the brother of a friend of mine. A man in his early sixties, who last weekend fell down his basement steps and died from the subsequent head wound.

That's terrible!  My condolences to your friend and his family. :(

John G.

« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2014, 01:42:12 PM »

That's terrible!  My condolences to your friend and his family. :(

More condolences.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up