Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE JOY OF RUTH CHRIS  (Read 8662 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE JOY OF RUTH CHRIS
« Reply #150 on: February 09, 2014, 09:32:01 PM »

PAGE SIX STAR WARS DANCE!!

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #151 on: February 09, 2014, 09:39:08 PM »

From DR TCB:
I'm not laughing.

I laughed as it is so absurd, though I originally thought it was a do not do this sign.  Either way, WHY would anyone do such a thing.

Sometimes if you are up there, and you need to get down there; you don't have much choice.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: February 09, 2014, 09:53:50 PM »

Entered all fixes and this part of the process is done.  I've sent the manuscript pdf to two of the three proofers - the other one gets a hard copy, which I'll print up tomorrow.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: February 09, 2014, 09:54:10 PM »

Then I went and had a ham and Swiss on rye with no fries or onion rings.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: February 09, 2014, 09:54:52 PM »

Now I'm home and relaxing.  Started watching a delightful motion picture called The Titfield Thunderbolt - I'll finish it tomorrow, though.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2014, 09:55:22 PM »

I'm not announcing our new title till Tuesday or Wednesday, but I'll open it up for per-order here in the morning.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #156 on: February 09, 2014, 10:48:22 PM »

Condolences to DR Matthew on your loss.  Regardless of whether she was your aunt, your mother's aunt, or your great aunt; she was an important person in your life, and you will miss her a great deal.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #157 on: February 09, 2014, 10:51:16 PM »

Continued health vibes to DR elmore and DR Dan.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: February 09, 2014, 10:56:38 PM »

Took a hot shower - I'm finding that doing so makes me very relaxed and helps me sleep better.

George

« Reply #159 on: February 09, 2014, 11:00:52 PM »

I've just finished Episode III and will now watch and record to DVD Episode VI, "Return of the Jedi."  I like this "Machete Order."  Using Episodes II and III as flashbacks, you don't lose the big surprises, you don't have to sit through the pod races and there is very little Jar Jar Binks!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2014, 11:04:12 PM »

I just started "RotJ" and it's weird...it's letterboxed, but there is less of the black bar at the top than the bottom so when I zoom in to fill my TV image, it sits at the top of my screen with a black bar only on the bottom.  Very strange. :-\

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2014, 11:05:58 PM »

Will we never get to page seven?

George

« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2014, 11:12:18 PM »

I think I know why it was done that way.  The subtitles for the alien languages are in the lower black bar and not up in the picture at all, like the other laserdiscs.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2014, 11:12:28 PM »

Notice that Episode I isn't included.  He explains the reasons why it makes sense (essentially, II and III become an extended flashback), but he also admits a few drawbacks.  I've watched IV and V and now I'm watching II while the DVD for V is burning.  I'll then watch III and finally watch and record the last laserdisc of VI tonight.  I've never had a movie marathon before.  It's pretty interesting seeing them again after all these years...and in this order.

I am not familiar with The Machete Order, but do partly agree with the suggestion.  I don't think the first 2 parts of the prequel trilogy are essential.  Parts of Pt. III would be either a good flashback or as I think of it, a footnote (i.e., not really essential but some benefit can be derived from it).  As you may tell from my tone, I am not a fan of the prequel trilogy, except for some of III.  I think IV is great, V is a superb, dark sequel and VI gets lost in marketing fuzzy little stuffed animals (segue to "Spaceballs" and Yogurt's marketing scene).  In some ways this whole mishegas reminds me of "Godfather III" which, I think of also as a footnote to its series, as it doesn't really add anything essential to the mythos.

BTW, I have the "unadorned" original trilogy of "Star Wars" and revile most of the "improvements" Lucas made in 1997 and then again with the advent of the prequels to the originals.  I know there is an "internal consistency" but continual tinkering with the originals is off-putting for me.  ("Oh look, there's an extra creature there . . . . there's more people artificially added in this scene . . . .")  These "improvements" are distractions for me.

I don't understand anything about these posts.  Is STAR WARS, Episode I or Episode IV?
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2014, 11:19:11 PM »

Notice that Episode I isn't included.  He explains the reasons why it makes sense (essentially, II and III become an extended flashback), but he also admits a few drawbacks.  I've watched IV and V and now I'm watching II while the DVD for V is burning.  I'll then watch III and finally watch and record the last laserdisc of VI tonight.  I've never had a movie marathon before.  It's pretty interesting seeing them again after all these years...and in this order.

I am not familiar with The Machete Order, but do partly agree with the suggestion.  I don't think the first 2 parts of the prequel trilogy are essential.  Parts of Pt. III would be either a good flashback or as I think of it, a footnote (i.e., not really essential but some benefit can be derived from it).  As you may tell from my tone, I am not a fan of the prequel trilogy, except for some of III.  I think IV is great, V is a superb, dark sequel and VI gets lost in marketing fuzzy little stuffed animals (segue to "Spaceballs" and Yogurt's marketing scene).  In some ways this whole mishegas reminds me of "Godfather III" which, I think of also as a footnote to its series, as it doesn't really add anything essential to the mythos.

BTW, I have the "unadorned" original trilogy of "Star Wars" and revile most of the "improvements" Lucas made in 1997 and then again with the advent of the prequels to the originals.  I know there is an "internal consistency" but continual tinkering with the originals is off-putting for me.  ("Oh look, there's an extra creature there . . . . there's more people artificially added in this scene . . . .")  These "improvements" are distractions for me.

I don't understand anything about these posts.  Is STAR WARS, Episode I or Episode IV?

"Star Wars" was originally episode IV (4), but then the title was changed to "Star Wars, Episode IV: A New Hope."  So now, "Star Wars" refers to the series but for us old folk, it can also be Episode IV.

Episode I has always been "Star Wars, Episode I: The Phantom Menace," which I did not watch this weekend.

George

« Reply #165 on: February 10, 2014, 12:18:00 AM »

Watching the movies back to back, it's easy to recognize that all the movies have the line, "I have a real bad feeling about this."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up