Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE JOY OF RUTH CHRIS  (Read 8663 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE JOY OF RUTH CHRIS
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2014, 02:36:05 PM »

From DR TCB:
I'm not laughing.

I laughed as it is so absurd, though I originally thought it was a do not do this sign.  Either way, WHY would anyone do such a thing.

Jane

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2014, 02:37:32 PM »

From DR George:

I said that I know someone who has had Bernese Mountain Dogs and loved them (that would be YOU, Jane :D).

That is an understatement ;)

Jane

« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2014, 02:40:54 PM »

Bruce congratulations on your show and on your new, beautiful copy of Breakfast at Tiffany’s.

Cillaliz

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2014, 02:43:03 PM »

Bruce congratulations on your show and on your new, beautiful copy of Breakfast at Tiffany’s.

ditto

Jane

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2014, 02:45:44 PM »

I watched  The Jane Austen Book Club, which I liked more for the cast than the story. 

That may be why I enjoyed the movie more than the book which I also enjoyed.

Jane

« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2014, 02:46:32 PM »

~ ~ ~ SAFE TRAVEL VIBES ~ ~ ~ for all DRs on the road in inclement weathter!!!

DITTO!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2014, 02:47:33 PM »

Tonight is a wake for my Aunt.  Kinda sad, she was a devout Catholic and her kids aren't, so they decided not to have a funeral Mass for her.  Makes no sense to me. 

Does that mean she's your great-aunt? A couple of years ago, a friend at Barnes & Novle died, and I paid for a mass to be said for her. Because of the backup, Holy Trinity could not say the mass for about six months after her death. Could not something similar be done for your aunt?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 02:49:53 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2014, 02:50:14 PM »

Cute animal video - "If it fits, I sits!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKXzrWSdgOE

Very cute!  I can only hope many of those containers are stored out of reach of the pets when the people aren't there to supervise.

Jane

« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2014, 02:55:15 PM »

Tonight is a wake for my Aunt.  Kinda sad, she was a devout Catholic and her kids aren't, so they decided not to have a funeral Mass for her.  Makes no sense to me. 

I hope you find comfort at the wake.  My sister tried telling me my father didn't want to be buried at the Jewish cemetery.  I know he did and I planned ahead to make sure it happened. 

Jane

« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2014, 02:57:26 PM »

Thanks, DR Ginny.  She's more of my mom's Aunt - daughter of my grandfather's mother.  But she was a "character" in my life growing up. 

She will always be with you.

Jane

« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2014, 02:59:04 PM »

HEALTH VIBES TO ALL WHO NEED THEM!!!

ryacko

• Fancy an awkward pause?
    • Robert Yacko's dot com
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2014, 03:00:44 PM »

Greetings all, and happy late Sunday,

Just popping on to say I hope everyone has had a great weekend. I just survived the penultimate week of shows in Portland, ME, and a week from tomorrow I'll be on a plane home. Honestly, I can't wait.

I am looking forward to seeing the special on The Beatles 50th Anniversary of their Ed Sullivan debut tonight. That will certainly brighten things here for me.

Cheers!  :D

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2014, 03:01:28 PM »

My sympathies, Matthew. And my sympathies that your aunt's immediate survivors are too self-centered to acknowledge who your aunt was.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2014, 03:01:39 PM »

Health vibes to all in need.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2014, 03:02:24 PM »

I got a good deal of reading done, but, honestly, these books are putting me to sleep.

I have caught up on a lot of lost sleep these last two days.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2014, 03:03:36 PM »

It's 66 degrees and sunny outside now. Tonight's low is supposed to be 54 degrees with tomorrow's high being 54 degrees and more cold.
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2014, 04:05:11 PM »

Back!  Safe and sound.  The leading edge of the snow was just with me or just behind me all the way.  Nice to be home.

But what a great show.  This performance made everything about it work, the cast was wonderful, I loved the choreography, and the orchestra and conducting blew me away.

Later, some photographic evidence.

Jane

« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2014, 04:13:38 PM »

I'm glad you are safely home and enjoyed the show.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2014, 04:27:09 PM »

Back!  Safe and sound.  The leading edge of the snow was just with me or just behind me all the way.  Nice to be home.

But what a great show.  This performance made everything about it work, the cast was wonderful, I loved the choreography, and the orchestra and conducting blew me away.

Later, some photographic evidence.

Welcome home, DR ChasSmith!  Yep, the Encores! orchestra plays splendidly, and the company is blessed to have the extremely wonderful Rob Berman as there musical director. My admiration and affection for his talents and his humanity are limitless. I love working with him and Joshie, and I need to win the lottery to keep the recording project going because there are to many shows I want to commit to disc and i want Rob conducting them.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2014, 04:32:15 PM »

I've spent the afternoon watching the 1982 BBC production of PRIDE AND PREJUDICE. Although the 1995 version with Colin Firth is my favorite, in its romanticism and yearning it's probably closer to the Brontë's than to  Jane Austen.  Fay Weldon's 1980 screenplay is very nice - I like the way she handles the famous opening sentence - and some of the cast, especially the Bennett sisters, is stronger than the 1995 version. 

Jane

« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2014, 04:54:05 PM »

Where has DR Doug been?

FJL

« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2014, 04:55:28 PM »

Condolences to Matthew on the loss of your aunt

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2014, 04:55:58 PM »

After today's show, several of us are going to see "The Lego Movie."  Sometimes you just want some mindless entertainment to entertain you. :D

Well, it turns out that the plan was to go to the 7:30 showing, not one right after our show, so I'm at home and I'm staying home.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2014, 04:56:19 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2014, 04:58:00 PM »

Just back from Westchester where a little group of us saw a truly marvelous production of TITANIC, and then we had dinner at a great place called Pete's.

FJL

« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2014, 04:59:54 PM »

This was IIRC the first time I'd experienced dinner theater.  (not counting cabaret venues where you could order dinner)

George

« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2014, 05:00:44 PM »

My condolences, Matthew. 

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2014, 05:00:54 PM »

Hello to all DRs.  Good health and safety vibes to those who may need them, and condolences to DR Matthew.  I was not feeling well yesterday and did no computer stuff.  I am feeling better today, but am concerned about the ventral hernia I've developed as a result of the healing of my abdominal surgery from a year ago. 

Today I've had Antenna TV on and just saw BK on The Partridge Family, so he (indirectly?) gave me a nudge to sign on.  After reading all of the posts since yesterday, there must have been a "steak vibe" since a very good friend of mine who is helping me through a tough financial time brought me a big package of rib eyes on Saturday! 
Aunt Esther: I have the spirit of Christmas . . .
Fred Sanford: . . . and the face of Halloween!

A house divided by itself, falls down.
-- Edith Baines Bunker

George

« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2014, 05:07:00 PM »

Does that mean she's your great-aunt? A couple of years ago, a friend at Barnes & Novle died, and I paid for a mass to be said for her. Because of the backup, Holy Trinity could not say the mass for about six months after her death. Could not something similar be done for your aunt?

I would think that if she's a member of a particular church, her friends there might do something in her honor, for themselves.  There's no law that says the family has to be involved. :-\

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2014, 05:10:16 PM »

Glad you are home safely, DR ChasSmith, and that you enjoyed the show. But your report did not mention Trumpet 4.    :)
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up