Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: PHASE TWO  (Read 6814 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
PHASE TWO
« on: February 10, 2014, 12:18:12 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had a phase, and now it is time for you to post until the phased cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: PHASE TWO
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 12:18:49 AM »

And the word of the day is: ANODYNE!

Ben

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 01:58:03 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

FJL

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 04:10:29 AM »

Chas - yes, it's the Westchester Broadway Theatre.

The tiers of tables there works rather dazzlingly for this production, as does the thrust stage - a matching of the production with the right venue and a pretty darn perfect cast.

(Chas - What was meant by the "avert your eyes" comment?)

FJL

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 04:10:51 AM »

Health vibes to DR Dan M!!!

FJL

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 04:11:14 AM »

More vibes to vixmom

Ben

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 04:22:34 AM »

(Chas - What was meant by the "avert your eyes" comment?)

Larrry is not a fan of Titanic the Musical.

Kerry

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 04:35:40 AM »

Sending good vibes out there for a good week for all of us!!!
I like boat races.

ChasSmith

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 05:10:38 AM »

Good morning, all.

A pretty good sleep was had.

Peet's Coffee!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 05:19:03 AM »

Good morning, all!  I'd rather be back in bed, but I must get to physical therapy. The storms last week kept me away, and I need the exercise and the walking lesson. If things get terrible, I'll head home.

Yes, I admit it; I detest the musical TITANIC, which I thought was an enormous and ugly bore on Broadway. I saw it the day after it opened, and the only drama on that stage happened while the orchestra played Jnathan Tunick's orchestrations. There were some beautiful musical moments, but nothing seemed to be in sync with the oner elements.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 05:21:14 AM »

good morning to all
Never stop dreaming.

ChasSmith

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2014, 05:41:23 AM »

DR singdaw cleared his throat and said:
Glad you are home safely, DR ChasSmith, and that you enjoyed the show. But your report did not mention Trumpet 4.    :)

I only wish I had the golden ears with which to pick Trumpet 4 out of all that brass splendor!  :)  The trumpets have a few uniquely thrilling moments in this show, such as the "Boom Boom" rideout and the Act I finale.  To my ears, everything was played to perfection.

Man, what a score.  They sure don't write 'em like that any more.  (Duh.)  I was thinking "I've Got Your Number" has to be one of my favorite songs and arrangements ever, right now, and that includes its treatment in the overture -- which also must rank as one of the great ones, for my taste.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 05:56:48 AM »

My favorite orchestration in the score is the reprise of "The Other Side of the Tracks."

And I just discovered another mouse in the traps. That's two in two days.  I am not amused.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2014, 05:59:02 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  Cold here in SW Ohio again today, but at least there's no snow predicted until the end of the week.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2014, 05:59:23 AM »

My favorite orchestration in the score is the reprise of "The Other Side of the Tracks."

And I just discovered another mouse in the traps. That's two in two days.  I am not amused.

Yes!  That was incredible.

And now I believe it's time for Mouse Be Gone vibes for DR Elmore.

Ben

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2014, 05:59:50 AM »

Cold in Manhattan also (21 degrees) but the ice is more dangerous than the cold. Be careful out there Larry!

ChasSmith

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2014, 06:02:31 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  Cold here in SW Ohio again today, but at least there's no snow predicted until the end of the week.

One forecast here calls for "some snow" on Thursday.  Whatever that's supposed to mean.  But they don't know any better than we do.

I realized yesterday that I had just reached the point (which probably happens at a different time every year, depending...) at which I am officially sick of winter.

ChasSmith

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2014, 06:04:44 AM »

That's because this one came early.  We were freezing our royal arses off in early November, as I recall, and then the crappy storms started rolling in in early December.  That's when you know you're in for an ugly long one.

Yes, watch those patches of ice!  They were especially treacherous at the corners in midtown yesterday.  I think that stuff gets packed tighter and harder than diamonds.

Ginny

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2014, 06:07:28 AM »

Yeah, DR ChasSmith, winter started here on December 6, which is way too early for southern Ohio.  I was over it before Christmas.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2014, 06:12:09 AM »

Thank you! I really need Mice Be Gone Vibes!

ChasSmith

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2014, 06:14:04 AM »

Checking further, I find predictions for this next one starting Wednesday night, with snow changing to freezing rain and then rain (which never does us any good at all) on Thursday, accumulating several inches of pure unadulterated ugliness.

Yes, Virginia (not to be confused with our own DR Ginny!), there is pure unadulterated ugliness in the world.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 06:16:47 AM by ChasSmith »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2014, 06:14:34 AM »

I suspect they are happily ensconced inside the apartment walls, breeding and sneaking into any apartment they can access. It's amazing, too, how quickly they start smelling ncethey're dead. This rodent was dead for less than 10 hours.

Ginny

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2014, 06:15:24 AM »

Mice begone vibes for DR Elmore!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 06:17:38 AM by Ginny »

ChasSmith

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2014, 06:15:45 AM »

Thank you! I really need Mice Be Gone Vibes!

Oy!

Ginny

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2014, 06:18:47 AM »

...and our water's off again...

FJL

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2014, 06:19:49 AM »

Yikes, mice-stay-away vibes for Larry

ChasSmith

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2014, 06:21:23 AM »

...and our water's off again...

I'm running out of oys!

FJL

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2014, 06:24:57 AM »

Good morning, all!  I'd rather be back in bed, but I must get to physical therapy. The storms last week kept me away, and I need the exercise and the walking lesson. If things get terrible, I'll head home.

Yes, I admit it; I detest the musical TITANIC, which I thought was an enormous and ugly bore on Broadway. I saw it the day after it opened, and the only drama on that stage happened while the orchestra played Jnathan Tunick's orchestrations. There were some beautiful musical moments, but nothing seemed to be in sync with the oner elements.

No enormity in the production yesterday.  And the look yesterday was gorgeous.  Don Stephenson (who staged this) and Liza Gennaro (who choreographed) seem to have approached this with such long-time love, and the happiness that the look of the theater is so right for the show can't be an accident.

Elan

• Smiling from heir to heir...
    • efrex: confessions of an orthodox jewish straight theatre queen
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2014, 06:25:18 AM »

Morning, everybody!

Very interested to hear what the new release is going to be. Still hoping that the lunches with Terri White means that we'll be seeing something with her voice on it soon (I can't keep wearing out my "Finian's Rainbow" cast recording forever, y'know). If she's going to insist on continuing to abandon her East Coast fans, she should at least give us something new...

FJL

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2014, 06:25:50 AM »

Further re TITANIC - Or at least I''d think such savvy people selected the venue (with its thrust stage and tiered look) carefully.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up