Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 176%! CAN WE GO THE DISTANCE AND REACH THE DREAM PERCENTAGE?  (Read 8951 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
176%! CAN WE GO THE DISTANCE AND REACH THE DREAM PERCENTAGE?
« on: August 21, 2019, 12:08:58 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes went the distance and dreamed of a percentage, and now it is time for you to post until the dream cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: 176%! CAN WE GO THE DISTANCE AND REACH THE DREAM PERCENTAGE?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 12:10:40 AM »

And the word of the day is: OMPHALOSKEPSIS!

Smoke on your pipe and put that in.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 12:11:50 AM »

And now - Dino at the piano.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 12:13:02 AM »

Breaded fish filets?  Does that mean fish sticks?  ;)

Almost, but they're not sticks.  They're triangular shaped and thicker.  My mom got them at Costco.

Just kidding, George.  After all, what is fish ‘n chips, but fish sticks and fries?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

jan

• cats are happiness in fur coats
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 12:18:05 AM »

Kimmel, do you have any more pictures, programs, etc from your LACC days?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 12:20:07 AM »

Breaded fish filets?  Does that mean fish sticks?  ;)

Almost, but they're not sticks.  They're triangular shaped and thicker.  My mom got them at Costco.

Just kidding, George.  After all, what is fish ‘n chips, but fish sticks and fries?

Yup...dopey me! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 12:20:23 AM »

jan, I don't know the specific brand that my mom got.  All I know is where she got them from.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

jan

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2019, 12:22:26 AM »

always looking for good fish filets.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2019, 12:23:52 AM »

Okay, you kids behave, I am heading off to bed.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2019, 12:24:03 AM »

Good night.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2019, 12:25:44 AM »

Good night, Tom.

jan

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2019, 12:26:32 AM »

That Tom, always tying our hands by telling us to behave.  What fun is that.

jan

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2019, 12:28:11 AM »

Well, if we can't have fun, I guess I'll go to bed.  Night, lovey.

George

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2019, 12:38:40 AM »

Well, if we can't have fun, I guess I'll go to bed.  Night, lovey.

Good night, jan.  Sorry I haven't been helpful and fun.

George

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2019, 12:54:50 AM »

Well, I must be off, too.

Have a good day, all!

ChasSmith

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2019, 04:25:28 AM »

Good morning, all.

ChasSmith

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2019, 04:26:23 AM »

And the word of the day is: OMPHALOSKEPSIS!

Smoke on your pipe and put that in.

Two! Count ‘em — Two musicals in one!

ChasSmith

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2019, 04:27:39 AM »

Very happy for BK’s high percentage.

ChasSmith

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2019, 04:56:50 AM »

I first heard of fish and chips whenever Arthur Treacher’s was the latest big thing, sometime around the beginning of the 1970s. Don’t remember when and where I first had it, but I liked it even though it never became a regular thing for me. Now I occasionally enjoy a fish and chips meal at a sit-down jernt or two where it’s always delicious and satisfying, and I should have it more often. Oddly, I’ve never tried any of the present day fast food versions. Not once, not anywhere. For all I know, I might love them, but I literally never think about it when I’m thinking about fast food.

I must say, though, that if anyone’s fish and chips is reminding them of the fish sticks we had in school, you’re eating at the wrong place. The only things that should look or taste even remotely like those are some of the frozen ones at the supermarket. And I’m not saying that’s a bad thing, because I can well enjoy that stuff now and then. But a well prepared fish and chips meal (the fries have to be really great, too) is a whole different world of wonderfulness.

ChasSmith

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2019, 05:01:23 AM »

Now I want fish and chips, damn it.

Damn it to HELL.

ChasSmith

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2019, 05:05:33 AM »

And with that, I must be off. Busy today with things that must be done here, and I have a rehearsal tonight. Have a good day, everyone.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2019, 05:15:55 AM »

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2019, 05:39:02 AM »

I'm still here.

ChasSmith

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2019, 05:43:07 AM »

A N N O U N C E M E N T

DR Elmore and the menagerie will be receiving a gentleman caller a week from tomorrow.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2019, 05:46:15 AM »

In the past ten years that I've known Jack Viertel he has become someone I consider myself fortunate to call a friend. 

I am aware that in the past I had issues with Jack and posted comments here that were far from complimentary, but I cannot say to anyone now how much of that was generated by my own personal issues.  I can only state with much embarrassment that I should have kept my comments offsite. 

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2019, 05:48:30 AM »

Joshie never returned my call from yesterday, so I will deal with apartment issues today: stove repair, pulling books, general tidy up.  Tomorrow morning I will see my barber and then go to City Center.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2019, 05:48:47 AM »

Annabelle is ready to patrol.

KevinH

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2019, 06:54:50 AM »

Good morning!

FJL

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2019, 07:05:32 AM »

In the past ten years that I've known Jack Viertel he has become someone I consider myself fortunate to call a friend. 

I am aware that in the past I had issues with Jack and posted comments here that were far from complimentary, but I cannot say to anyone now how much of that was generated by my own personal issues.  I can only state with much embarrassment that I should have kept my comments offsite. 

Jack and Skip are still very good friends. 

Skip asked him for help Sept 2012 in asking the then-Marketing Director Chris Williams to quietly say a word to Encores videographer Jonathan Frank to call off this stalking that he initiated, (admittedly Jonathan Frank a wonderful talent and even in my opinion a video editing artist, kind of like Jerome Robbins was a monster but a genius, forgiven in the 1950s and 1960s still but would be absolutely unacceptable in this century) and whom Encores clearly greatly values as his company was there since 2007 and is still there doing the Encores work only they attribute it online to Jonathan's associate Alex Pearlman.  Jonathan Frank started the endless cyberstalking on several  sites in February 2011; every site other than DataLounge stopped allowing anything mentioning me by name when I showed them potential clients and employers were finding it on google and opting not to pursue working with me for tax work. DataLounge/Mediapolis had a "bitchery" principle that kept them from removing these, but the State (I did not sue, I did not have a lawyer; the State did all the investigating based on my complaint to a State agency) held a hearing in February 2014 before a judge in the Bronx;  and  Datalounge/Mediapolis just took the postings down and adjusted their policies, and viola, I was having no trouble getting tax work interviews again. 

But in the interim, in April and May 2013, Encores' lawyer "Nazio" Elliot Brown (affectionally so nicknamed by me for "Nacio" Herb Brown because of the oppressive tactics the law firm was using for a nonprofit yet, and since his firm including Elliot's partner Daniel Wasser is after all the "The Producers" law firm) had hooked up with the lawyer Scott Lazar who happens to be the litigation lawyer (and a co-trustee with me on several trusts since the 1990s) for my sister-in-law Lady Joann Macbeth of Cranford, who had been trying since around 2010 by hook or by crook to get me removed from the  executor status I have since 2008 of an eventual family estate.  (Everyone's still very much alive, so she keeps trying.)

Out of nowhere in May 9 2013, Joann was emailing  in my brother's name that my brother (who knew me 52 years and never had suggested feeling harassed before) felt harassed by me and that I was making up that I was being stalked. My brother and I (from my brother's office) were planning a trip together to the parents May 19, and since nobody spends hours in a car with their harasser, Joann was documenting Bullshit.

Then exactly a week later, May 16n 2013, Jack Viertel  wrote for City Center that his wife Linda (who knew me 20+ years and never had suggested feeling harassed before) had felt harassed and threatened by a 40-second phone conversation with me and threatened to call then police if I ever called her again.  I'm assuming Linda felt there was  a threat that I might get on the train to Tarrytown and try to sing show tunes with her.  City Center's lawyer and Jack were also documenting Bullshit.

(The next week: May 23 2013 was the Thursday before Memorial Day, so maybe no one felt harassed that week because the unoffical start of summer was coming, or maybe they felt I'd take the week off from harassing people who'd known me over 20 years who'd never felt harassed before.)

Then exactly two weeks later, Thursday May 30 2013, Lady Joann Macbeth of Cranford's litigation attorney Scott Lazar faxes to us that I was harassing someone, and that both Skip AND I were "the equivalent of stalkers" to Scott's family.  Again, documenting Bullshit. (which BTW can be sung to Fascinating Rhythm.) 

Scott and his wife Marcy (who knew me 20+ years and never had suggested feeling harassed before) turn out (new info just this year 2019) to have been in 2013 the President and a Board member of a synagogue in Scotch Plains New Jersey where attorney Daniel Wasser's wife was also on the Board of the synagogue.  Logically, this January, both my mother (age 90) and I ask my brother whether his wife Lady Joann Macbeth of Craford is being advised legally by Dan Wasser of the next town over Scotch Plains NJ against my and Skip's interests in family matters.  And by the way, Dan Wasser had done a great deal of the legal work on the 19-page underlying rights agreement for "The Last Starfighter" - and no Ione ever did pro bono for us, as Elliot Brown and the firm  had charged over $40,000 legal fees paid by us for Skip's agreements with the producers and Skip with Jack Viertel regarding "Time and Again" and a number of other shows whose work is still performed (two of them I was a co-writer) - so that would be unseemly.   My brother answers immediately "no, no Dan Wasser, no way, now how" - then a short while later, they are asked then, how about Elliot Brown or Neil Rosini or anyone else at Dan Wasser's firm, as that would be as unseemly as Dan himself doing the advising to Joann against Fred and Skip - no answer to that still after half a year.

If Ira Levin handed a work with all these coincidences to Agatha Christie for her thoughts, wouldn't those coincidences make Agatha hand it back saying "Ira, this is just too contrived.  Get rid of these coincidences, and then and only then, I'll write a blurb for you."  :)

« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 07:26:26 AM by FJL »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2019, 07:25:48 AM »

DR FJL, this has been going on for seven years.  If this is all true, get a lawyer and sue. From what I hear of your continual barrage of emails rehashing the same grievances to most of the City Center staff over the past year, you're lucky that you're not in court with libel or harassment charges. 

You have to let go. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up