Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: UNTIL THAT TIME  (Read 13550 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: UNTIL THAT TIME
« Reply #120 on: May 16, 2009, 01:40:37 PM »

PAGE FIVE DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #121 on: May 16, 2009, 01:45:41 PM »

OK, I'm off now to start tonight's movie-watching and then bonus feature viewing.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: May 16, 2009, 01:51:48 PM »

I haven't checked out the link TCB but here it is. It says Full Episodes On Line.
High School Stories
Hmmm, ignore this post. They don't seem to be available on line in spite of the header.

Sorry  :-\
Thanks, Ben, I appreciate you looking.

Have you tried Hulu.com?

Yep, no luck.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #123 on: May 16, 2009, 01:54:54 PM »

Well, they're about to close the door... Here we go again...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #124 on: May 16, 2009, 02:12:04 PM »

Thanks Matt H.

Jane

« Reply #125 on: May 16, 2009, 02:12:42 PM »

It is a beautiful day here, perfect for Spring cleaning.

Ben

« Reply #126 on: May 16, 2009, 02:20:34 PM »

It's turned into a nice day here also. The sun has come out and it's pleasant. It's 5:15. Dinner is cooking, Anthony is recording a record in the living room and I'm listening to BBC Radio Wales in the bedroom. We will have dinner at 6 and then watch Star.

Ben

« Reply #127 on: May 16, 2009, 02:21:22 PM »

I did all my chores, mostly paying bills on line and I got my hair cut and time is all for us now.

Ben

« Reply #128 on: May 16, 2009, 02:21:48 PM »

Mmm, Skip's fried chicken!

Michael

« Reply #129 on: May 16, 2009, 02:51:57 PM »

DR Michael S - Did you watch the Farah Fawcett special?

I watched most it. I personally found it difficult to watch at times knowing what the final outcome is. Also to see her suffering through test and aftermaths of treatments.

She did a very brave thing and hope that this will help others.
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: May 16, 2009, 03:06:53 PM »

I'm back from a wonderful time at the Museum of Broadcasting; they showed the complete NBC Opera broadcast of Puccini's Suor Angelica from 1953 and the 15-minute confrontation between Sister Angelica and the Principessa, her aunt, from the 1954 broadcast. Soprano Elaine Malbin, who played Aida in MY DARLIN' AIDA and replaced Doretta Morrow in KISMET, was Angelica in both broadcasts. The Principessa in 1953 was Winifred Heidt, Karen Ziemba's grandmother. I sat today with Karen, who for the first time saw her grandmother in an actual performance; she'd only heard her sing before.

The Principessa in 1954 was Shannon Bolin, who created Meg in the show and film of DAMN YANKEES and the Old Lady in PROMENADE. She and Jane Klain of the Museum and I are planning a luncheon date in the next week. I went to college with Miss Bolin's nephew John.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #131 on: May 16, 2009, 03:10:24 PM »

Greetings from Van Wert, Ohio!  Our 7-hour trip was fairly uneventful, save for a lunch stop at Valparaiso, Indiana's

Strongbow Inn

My family used to stop there when traveling west to visit relatives when I was a kid.  Funny, I don't remember it being surrounded by chain motels, fast food joints, and Wal-Mart.  Of course, I hadn't been there for 45 years or so...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: May 16, 2009, 03:20:40 PM »

Also, John McGlinn's memorial has been set for Sept 18, 2009, at Merkin Hall, 129 West 67th Street, 2 pm.

Time for me to head down to West 43rd Street!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: May 16, 2009, 03:43:46 PM »

I'm back from a wonderful time at the Museum of Broadcasting; they showed the complete NBC Opera broadcast of Puccini's Suor Angelica from 1953 and the 15-minute confrontation between Sister Angelica and the Principessa, her aunt, from the 1954 broadcast. Soprano Elaine Malbin, who played Aida in MY DARLIN' AIDA and replaced Doretta Morrow in KISMET, was Angelica in both broadcasts. The Principessa in 1953 was Winifred Heidt, Karen Ziemba's grandmother. I sat today with Karen, who for the first time saw her grandmother in an actual performance; she'd only heard her sing before.

The Principessa in 1954 was Shannon Bolin, who created Meg in the show and film of DAMN YANKEES and the Old Lady in PROMENADE. She and Jane Klain of the Museum and I are planning a luncheon date in the next week. I went to college with Miss Bolin's nephew John.

Elmore, please tell Miss Bolin that she has a great many fans around this country, and around the world, who adored her perfromance as Meg in DAMN YANKEES.  I am very happy to know that she is still with us.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #134 on: May 16, 2009, 03:46:35 PM »

The wireless is this hotel is very weak.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #135 on: May 16, 2009, 03:47:29 PM »

Greetings from Van Wert, Ohio!  Our 7-hour trip was fairly uneventful, save for a lunch stop at Valparaiso, Indiana's

Strongbow Inn

My family used to stop there when traveling west to visit relatives when I was a kid.  Funny, I don't remember it being surrounded by chain motels, fast food joints, and Wal-Mart.  Of course, I hadn't been there for 45 years or so...

And how was the food?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #136 on: May 16, 2009, 03:50:52 PM »

Sorry.

And how was the food?
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #137 on: May 16, 2009, 03:51:51 PM »

Strongbow Inn

And how was the food?

OK, but it used to be more quaint when you felt like you were eating at the turkey farm.  Richard had the hot turkey sandwich and I had the turkey bacon club wrap.  Our server was less than agreeable.  I guess you can't go back again...

Ginny

« Reply #138 on: May 16, 2009, 03:53:08 PM »

Sorry.

And how was the food?

LOL!!!

Ginny

« Reply #139 on: May 16, 2009, 03:58:31 PM »

Wedding day wishes to DR Matthew's sister!  What a lucky bride to have both a musician and pastry chef in the family!

Ginny

« Reply #140 on: May 16, 2009, 03:59:08 PM »

Glad to see that DR Jose and family are back in the USA!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: May 16, 2009, 04:07:20 PM »

Mosel tav!

To DR Matthew's sister and her new husband.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #142 on: May 16, 2009, 04:53:15 PM »

Think I'll go see if I can find a hammock on sale to put in the hammock stand that came with the house.  It's been empty for 3 summers now, lol

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #143 on: May 16, 2009, 04:54:45 PM »

DR GINNY is heading for Lima!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #144 on: May 16, 2009, 04:55:00 PM »

DR JOSE should be descending from the heavens in a bit.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #145 on: May 16, 2009, 04:55:20 PM »

Looking forward to the photos from DR MATTHEW's sister's wedding.....and cake.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #146 on: May 16, 2009, 04:56:04 PM »

Shannon Bolin was also in a lot of commercials for Lenny's.......Denny's......  I kept looking at her and hearing that voice and it took me at least a dozen viewings to finally say:  MEG!!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #147 on: May 16, 2009, 05:00:00 PM »

Two NEW episodes of COPS tonight.

I enjoy many Steve McQueen movies. 

Favorites:

TOWERING INFERNO
BULLITT
NEVADA SMITH
THE HONEYMOON MACHINE
THE GETAWAY

And
THE GREAT ST LOUIS BANK ROBBERY - a documentary like film based on a real crime filmed on location in 1959 with McQueen doing an uncanny James Dean impersonation....right down to the hand gestures and body postures.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #148 on: May 16, 2009, 05:05:26 PM »

I have to mow my little lawn.  Except that all the flora is probably at least two feet tall. ::) Fortunately, my little lawn is only about 16 feet by 16 feet, with an 8x8 concrete slab patio.  Last year, I tried using my sister's electric weed eater, but it was a total pain in the behind.  Just trying to get more of the twine out of the spinner thingy was difficult.  And the idea of trying to get a lawn mower back there would be crazy, too...even just borrowing one and transporting it to my place would be a hassle. :P

So today I was thinking about a gas-powered weed eater and I searched "weed eater trimmer" on Amazon and got a whole page of weed eaters, but there was one item on that page for a hedge trimmer and I thought, "PERFECT!!"  It's a lot easier to use than a lawn mower and much more powerful than a weed eater.  The only drawback would be that I'd have to kneel down the whole time that I'd be using it.  But I figure that with my back yard being so small, it really shouldn't be too much of a problem...hopefully.  My sister has one that I can borrow.  So, I'm off to my sister's. 

Wish me luck! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #149 on: May 16, 2009, 05:07:08 PM »

Good luck George.  At least you don't have to purchase one to find if it works.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up