Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: A TALE OF THE ALLERGIES' LIFE  (Read 28190 times)

Tomovoz

Re:A TALE OF THE ALLERGIES' LIFE
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2003, 01:20:53 PM »

Well I thought it was funny TCB. We Washingtonians must be weird.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2003, 01:23:10 PM »

Unpleasant Business Allert:

I am sorry to report that the worst possible thing seems to have happened.  Yesterday, the jury came in with their verdict on all three counts, and it was the title of a Doonsbury book referencing Nixon.  It was bad.

I am stunned, Joe is stunned, our attorney is in a state of shock, and we are talking about an appeal.

Meanwhile, I am back at work and trying to catch up on all your lovely posts--I'm up to October 25.  

I want to thank all the well-wishers for the wells they wished us, and the huge amount of good vibes received.  It is good to have friends at a time like this.

I shall be back in the swing of posting soon, I hope, but I will not go into the Unpleasant Business further for now.  You can all just buy tickets and see the musical.  Hey, Noel, how about Our Unpleasant Business?  Or Our Travesty of Justice?

Thanks again, folks, for being here when I need you.  I will try to do the same as soon as my head stops ringing.
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

Donald

• So dramatic!
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2003, 01:23:27 PM »

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to let you all know that the new Broadway Radio Show will be up and ready for listening this Sunday.  Unfortunately, it will be up for more than a week, since I will be off to NYC for a few days and won't have a chance to get a new one recorded before I leave.  However, when I return, we will have a brand new show with our beloved Davdi Levy as we listen to more cover versions of great showtunes (David already sent me the CD and it's hysterical and very scary!)......in addition, while in NYC, I will be getting together with the gorgeous Kerry Butler and the stunning Susan Egan for some radio interview fun (it'll be a Battle of the Belles!).  BK is also trying to arrange for some more interviews while I am there; so, we'll have lots of fun shows coming up.

Oh, and keep an eye out for our 100th Broadway Radio Show coming VERY soon (the new one this weekend is actually show #91)!!!!

DONALD (who is SO excited about seeing Wonderful Town next week!)
DONALD FELTHAM
Host of the Broadway Radio Show

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2003, 01:24:51 PM »

------------------------------------------------------------------
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2003, 01:26:42 PM »

Dear Reader WFO--

From the way you described things, I am just speechless at what you now report.  I hope you and Joe are OK and that in the appeal process things are set right.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2003, 01:33:22 PM »

WFO--so sorry to hear about the outcome of the trial!   ??? I agree that you should appeal, and wish you all the best of luck in that!!

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2003, 01:34:07 PM »

Donald:

Me hopes Donna Murphy is well by then and the show goes on as expected.. they cancelled this evenings..

I'm also looking forward to seeing you when you are in town.. it will be too too and belle belle..

And LATE BREAKING NEWS FOR BRUCE KIMMEL:  One catches more bees with honey than with vinegar. That's what a little birdie told me.

Oh look.. a post with both the birds and the bees. How risque!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2003, 01:40:04 PM »

WFO - injustice is never a pleasant thing.  Good thoughts are on your way.  Read the judgment carefully...sometimes the wording will tell you how to go about your appeal.  Perry Mason, JR
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Emily

« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2003, 01:42:08 PM »

WFO - I am so sorry to hear the bad news. :(  Obviously we Hainsies and Kimlets did not send enough good quality vibes the way of you and Joe.  We will try to work harder during the appeals process which you will of course win!

Come on now one and all!  Think vibey thoughts!  If you let your vibeing vibe stop vibrating for even a short while the quality of the vibes lessens dramatically!  

We must only have increasingly dramatic vibes!

Craig:  You are certifiably insane.  Hilarious.  But definitely insane. :)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Emily

« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2003, 01:43:27 PM »

Why is a Mille Feuilles called a Napoleon outside of Quebec and, I'm assuming here, France?

Does it taste as sweet with another name? ;)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Donald

• So dramatic!
« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2003, 01:44:04 PM »

Craig,

I too heard about Diva Donna being ill......I just hope she's better by Saturday the 15th!

You'll have to excuse Brucie.....he forgets that vinegar should mainly be used on Fish & Chips and not on people.

Looking forward to seeing you in NYC......we'll have such fun dishing dirt and talking trash!

So, the real question I have is, should I see TABOO?  Saw DOTV last year and was so happy I got to experience that travesty first hand......am now wondering if TABOO is this season's DOTV.

Donald

DONALD FELTHAM
Host of the Broadway Radio Show

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2003, 01:50:26 PM »

Dear Donald:

Your photo is scaring me.

Dear Craig:

I do not like bees or flies or bugs of any kind so I always use vinegar.  There is a method to my madness and a madness to my method.

Meanwhile, in late-breaking news, I feel like a cow patty right now.

Dear William F. Orr:

I am sorry the jury did what they did.  But, that is the legal system for you.  It's one of the  reasons I walked away from my case - I felt and will always feel that I was in the right, but I wasn't willing to chance the vagaries of a jury trial, especially with people who have great wealth.  But, you must stand tall you take whatever little comfort you can from the fact that your trial-mates will rot in hell, karma-wise.  They will, at some point, get what they deserve, as all these people do.

William E. Lurie

« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2003, 01:51:01 PM »

Maya ---
No I haven't seen it yet.  In an interesting coincidence I have tickets for two days before the broadcast.

I did see this production at Encores but only two of the cast from that production remain.  And it was one of the least cut books from an Encores show they have ever done.

Years ago a theatre where I had previously worked did WONDERFUL TOWN with Phyllis Diller.  I went opening night and then a week later.  Opening night Ms. Diller was terrified and it showed, but a week later she was great.  This was where she met her 2nd husband (Warde Donovan) who played Bob opposite her Ruth.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2003, 01:51:39 PM »

As intriguing and exciting as that WONDERFUL TOWN will be to see, I wish someone would get the rights clearances and package the CBS Rosalind Russell WONDERFUL TOWN from 1958. I watched it at the Museum of Television and Radio several years ago, and it was wonderful. And while they're clearing those rights, how about Julie Andrews' CINDERELLA and JULIE AND CAROL AT CARNEGIE HALL. The CDs of those shows are great, but to see them AND hear them would be SUPREME!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2003, 01:57:35 PM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jay

« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2003, 01:53:56 PM »

Phyllis Diller in a singing role?  And she was great?!  I am agog.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2003, 01:57:41 PM »

Finally, I got to use the “new” button.  It was easier, but I wish it were also located on the first page.

Thanks BK-that’s what they said to me when I was a child, “plain Jane and no nonsense”.  That or where’s Tarzan?

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #106 on: November 06, 2003, 01:58:21 PM »

Oh, wow, WEL--I had no idea that Phyllis Diller had ever done a musical!  Jay pretty much captured my reaction!

I guess I have a fond spot in my heart for Wonderful Town, because while I was never in a production of it, I was in a recital at a theatre camp I went to about 5 years ago and I got to sing part of Christopher Street.  The camp had a huge costume dept., I remember, and I scoured through it for hours until I found the most outré costume imaginible.  I ended up looking like a cross between a clown and Norma Desmond!

Matt H.

« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2003, 01:59:45 PM »

Donald, I think your picture is very sexy. However, I do have to admit for a split second, I thought it was Tony Randall playing Pan in THE SEVEN FACES OF DR. LAO.

So very sorry, WFO, about your news. I'll be thinking good thoughts for an appeal.

steveg

« Reply #108 on: November 06, 2003, 02:00:44 PM »

If I'm going to be on a desert island, whatever book, TV series, CD and movie better be something that bears repeated viewings/readings/hearings.  I would choose:
Book:  James Michner's "The Source"
CD: Barbra Streisand, The Second Album
TV series: The Dick Van Dyke Show
Movie:  Citizen Kane
I'm just a bagel on a plate of onion rolls.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2003, 02:09:04 PM »

Jerry Herman, it's all about Jerry Herman these days... The desert island question:

CD - Tap Your Troubles Away - A JH Tribute
TV Series - Sex and the City
Movie - Pete's Dragon
Book - JH's auto-biography

And now a word from our sponsor:

The St Matthias Church Community Theatre proudly presents:

Jerry's Girls - The Music of Jerry Herman

Starring - Judy Girard, Mary Hill, Lizabeth Kaprielian, Sandi Machado, Cathy Mattei, Sally Phleiderer, Raegena Raymond, and Pauline Rodriguez

Directed by: Dan Adamson
Musical Direction by:  Matthew Mattei
Choreography by: Alexandra Kaprielian

November 14, 15 @ 8:00pm
November 16 @ 2:00pm

St. Matthias Catholic Church
1685 Cordillaris Road, Redwood City, CA  94062

Ticket prices are $10/$5 and will be available at the door or by calling (650) 366-9544 in advance.

This show is a TON of fun and is hardly ever produced!!  Come see and hear some of the best music written for the musical theatre,I guarentee you will be humming as you leave.  Don't miss out.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #110 on: November 06, 2003, 02:09:23 PM »

Oh my - I saw Miss Phyllis Diller do Hello, Dolly! in Chicago and she made the role her own.  The audience was in hysterics at her interpretation - but her quiet moments were very touching, more ironic than I had seen them played.  Singing was not bad, not GREAT, but certainly more than adequate.

She also at times would appear with the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra - Phyllis is an accomplished concert pianist.

If you ever have a chance to see her, go on and go!  She is still a lot of fun.  She does a date now and then at the Beef & Boards Theatre here in Indy, and I always go with me friend John who is the President of the International Phyllis Diller Fan Club!  ;D
« Last Edit: November 06, 2003, 02:09:40 PM by JRand53 »

Kerry

« Reply #111 on: November 06, 2003, 02:10:04 PM »

DR MusicGuy and I are now the proud parents of 1 and 1/2 year old Border Collie mix.  We have a new baby!!!!  She was a stray who had been rescued, and when I saw her, something clicked, and I knew she was the right dog for us. the last few weeks have confirmed this, and she came to live with us on Tuesday (which is why I have been errant and truant).  I did attempt to  post this yestreday, but the file must have been too big.  So,  everyone, meet  SUGAR
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #112 on: November 06, 2003, 02:12:18 PM »

By the way, I have a pic saved as a word document .  Anyone know how I can turn it into a jpeg or something this site will accept?
I like boat races.

Jane

« Reply #113 on: November 06, 2003, 02:19:03 PM »

The new button didn’t work as well as I thought, or I did something wrong.  

WFO, I missed your sorry news.  I’m hurting for you.  

Matt H.

« Reply #114 on: November 06, 2003, 02:20:16 PM »

Didn't Phyllis Diller do DOLLY in New York for a few months possibly after Pearl Bailey and before Ethel Merman? I could have sworn the order was: Channing, Ginger Rogers, Martha Raye, Betty Grable, Pearl Bailey, Phyllis Diller, Ethel Merman. (Of course, Bibi Osterwald spelled some of those ladies during vacations or illnesses, I think).

I also remember that David Merrick offered Jack Benny a king's ransom (queen's ransom) to play Dolly in drag for a few months, but he refused.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2003, 02:26:40 PM by Matt H. »

Jane

« Reply #115 on: November 06, 2003, 02:23:59 PM »

Sugar is a cutie.  Since she is part Border Collie I suggest you think about agility classes.  Echo and I had fun in agility until the class time moved to 9:30-much too late for me.

Kerry, I will be looking for the answer to your question.  My cartoon of a little Bernese Mountain do is a bit blurry.  Better than the cartoon would be a baby picture of Echo.

Tomovoz

« Reply #116 on: November 06, 2003, 02:24:40 PM »

Sorry to hear your news Bill. Appeals I assume are ultra expensive (as is any court case) and it is only the lawyers that win. "They will get theirs in the fullness of time". Karma.
DR Sugar & Family. A good news story. Congratulations. Hello from Fosca & Magnus too.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #117 on: November 06, 2003, 02:30:27 PM »

Yes, Phyllis was Dolly on Broadway for a bit!

Sugar....yes indeed, this is the beauty that drives men mad!  ;D

I am going to see my nephew in his first high school choir show with the (in)famous Spotlighters!

Jay

« Reply #118 on: November 06, 2003, 02:35:15 PM »

Now that you all have reminded me of Miss Diller's stint in Hello Dolly! I am somewhat less agog than before.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: November 06, 2003, 02:37:04 PM »

Late-breaking news: I just got a look at myself in the mirror and I look like I'm 108 years old.  This is because I only slept two hours last night.  Had I slept three hours I would only look 90.

I saw Miss Phyllis Diller in Hello, Dolly! on Broadway and she was faboo in every way.  I've told the story here before so search for it - she had a mishap on her entrance and turned it into one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

I do believe we have crossed the Rubik's Cube with this post - I do believe that in the Daily Discussions we have just passed post number 3,000.  Hoo and ray.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up