Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: NEIL SIMON  (Read 15475 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: NEIL SIMON
« Reply #120 on: November 28, 2010, 03:32:29 PM »

PAGE FIVE!!!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: November 28, 2010, 03:33:25 PM »

Thanks, Jane and JRand. Apparently they are very gentle creatures. They certainly didn't seem to mind all the kids. (Big kids, too.)

Your scene was so pastoral.

Yesterday I received an Email with a picture of a nice six-point buck.

My grandson was showing him off  in the back of my son-in-laws pick up.

Grandpa will dine this winter

der Brucer

I likes me some good deer meat.

:P
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #122 on: November 28, 2010, 03:34:03 PM »

By the way, DerBrucer, we used to have a restaurant in town that put caribou on the menu during December. Caribou, of course, is reindeer. It reminded me of the Irish pub in Florida that used to put rabbit on the menu during the time leading up to Easter.

That's the kind of culinary humor I can appreciate.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #123 on: November 28, 2010, 03:36:05 PM »

Speaking of things culinary, I have a preliminary interview tomorrow morning with www.StarChefs.com, a culinary site out of New York City. I  hope with what they are offering that I can stay in San Antonio (that is, if I should get the job).
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #124 on: November 28, 2010, 03:37:53 PM »

I guess your sister just acknowledged she should have invited you.  ;D

My sister actually did invite me, but she's in Joplin, MO.  Since the plans for mom and dad to come here didn't change until the last minute there's no way I could make plans to make a trip that's an 8 hour drive each way

I had thought neither sibling invited you.  That is better.  :D

I guess I never realized that you had two sisters, Cilla.  Also, I didn't realize that Jane's cousin was responsible for one of my Top Ten Films of all time.  Watching THE TIME MACHINE is like cuddling under a favorite blanket.  I just love that film.  And I love Rod Taylor in the film.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #125 on: November 28, 2010, 03:40:39 PM »

How could you realize TCB when I didn't.;)  Now that I think of it I wonder why I never googled his name sooner.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: November 28, 2010, 03:56:42 PM »

Has anyone else ever seen a musical entitled BERLIN?  I was channel-surfing last night when I stumbled across a production on BYUTV - a channel I didn't even know that I had.  Apparently it is Brigham Young University's public television station.  I enjoyed several parts of the production, but it was certainly far from perfect.  The book, music, and lyrics are by Erik Orton, and I think that may be part of the show's failures.  The show definitely needed another voice, preferably one who writes music.

The songs were all very similar and repetitious.  The show needs a Bruce Kimmel to step in and change the things that need to be changed.  However, I am not sure that BK would really be interested in working on a musical in which the Germans were the protagonists.  Still an intersting production.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 04:05:30 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #127 on: November 28, 2010, 04:01:48 PM »

How could you realize TCB when I didn't.;)  Now that I think of it I wonder why I never googled his name sooner.

I just googled myself and found out that I won the 2009 Wastewater Treatment Facility Award!  How cool is that?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #128 on: November 28, 2010, 04:05:52 PM »

But I should have known!
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #129 on: November 28, 2010, 04:09:34 PM »

Then we went to Barnes and Noble and they pitched in on a Nook for me.   I got the one with 3G and Wifi, but didn't go with color.  The color is backlit and looks like a computer screen.  It's supposed to be harder on your eyes than the regular Nook.   I'm very excited about that. 

You are?  Why?  Is there a good looking optometrist in town?

LOL, TCB I said I DIDN'T get the color one, which is harder on your eyes.

Sorry!

No need to be sorry, just clarifying  ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #130 on: November 28, 2010, 04:11:45 PM »

My sister actually did invite me, but she's in Joplin, MO.  Since the plans for mom and dad to come here didn't change until the last minute there's no way I could make plans to make a trip that's an 8 hour drive each way

I guess I never realized that you had two sisters, Cilla.  Also, I didn't realize that Jane's cousin was responsible for one of my Top Ten Films of all time.  Watching THE TIME MACHINE is like cuddling under a favorite blanket.  I just love that film.  And I love Rod Taylor in the film.

I only have one sister and one brother.  My sister invited me, my brother didn't. My sister lives 8 hours away, my brother lives less than 2 hours away.

Cillaliz

« Reply #131 on: November 28, 2010, 04:12:46 PM »

I'm done being mad about that situation....at least until Christmas ;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #132 on: November 28, 2010, 04:14:03 PM »

Yesterday afternoon, I got together with three acting friends.  I think this was the first time the four of us have gotten together since we did a production of PACK OF LIES, back in 1989.  I have seen all of them over the years, but this was our first time to be all together.  It is funny how some shows that you do are just magic.  We all had such wonderful memories of the production, of the play, and of working together.  We ended up sitting in this restaurant for five hours talking.  One of the woman said as we were leaving that we shouldn't wait another twenty years to get together; so natually, I suggested seventeen years instead.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: November 28, 2010, 04:14:51 PM »

I only have one sister and one brother.  My sister invited me, my brother didn't. My sister lives 8 hours away, my brother lives less than 2 hours away.

Okay, I got it now.
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #134 on: November 28, 2010, 04:20:54 PM »

I would like to get dressed. But will probably wait until my other niece and sister come back from swim class. Hopefully my niece won't have had another meltdown. For some reason she get "stomach aches" when she goes swimming.

This teacher is quite hard on them.  The odd part is that she had gone for 2 years to the same pool with her daycare class and thrived. But this session she's been having problems. Even though she can swim the width of the pool she psychs herself out! Hope it won't be a nightmare today.

If she is getting stomach aches chances are she is swallowing air and/or water as she swims.  I can have a tendency to do this.

No, she gets the "stomach aches" before she starts swimming cause she thinks then the teacher will baby her.

Awww, completely different story.  I often wasn't believed I was really having a stomach ache.  I believe it was my 2nd grade teacher who learned the hard way (all over the tables) I wasn't making them up. ;D

yeah she has had some real stomach aches. But these ones only occur right before swimming. And we can't exactly figure out why. She has taken 4 sessions of swimming at the same pool. The only difference was that she had her friends in the class. She said she likes this teacher. I thought maybe that was the issue.

Jennifer

« Reply #135 on: November 28, 2010, 04:22:49 PM »

i agree with DR Jane. But I still don't get why your brothers don't want a realtor. Don't they realize that most people use one. And if they don't want to use one then they need to actively try to sell.  Why are they worried about the commission when they've seen nothing for years.

You and Jane are making the same mistake - trying to solve a long term festering sibling rivalry with logic, reason, or common sense rarely works.

der Brucer

That is my point, there is no logic and I'm concerned if DR elmore does not find a way to let this go the situation will only get worse.

I've never had sibling problems like this.  And I am sure it will damage his relationship with the brother he likes. But if he needs the money and the others don't care then I think he owes it to himself to do what is right for himself.  Just my opinion.

Jennifer

« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2010, 04:24:43 PM »

But how bizarre to invite someone 365 days in advance!

Jennifer

« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2010, 04:27:07 PM »

Oh then that makes more sense!

Jane

« Reply #138 on: November 28, 2010, 04:27:14 PM »

But I should have known!

:)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #139 on: November 28, 2010, 04:28:31 PM »

But how bizarre to invite someone 365 days in advance!

Not if you want to make sure that they don't have other plans.
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #140 on: November 28, 2010, 04:29:07 PM »

Almost time for TAR. Go all female teams!

Oh speaking of TAR did anybody read about the TAR allstars planned for the Spring. Some interesting teams! I'll see if i can find a list.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: November 28, 2010, 04:29:30 PM »

Ben, I truly admire how you spend you Decembers.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #142 on: November 28, 2010, 04:34:58 PM »

Speaking of things culinary, I have a preliminary interview tomorrow morning with www.StarChefs.com, a culinary site out of New York City. I  hope with what they are offering that I can stay in San Antonio (that is, if I should get the job).

Interview vibes for DR John G!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #143 on: November 28, 2010, 04:36:04 PM »

Thank you Mr. B :)

Ginny

« Reply #144 on: November 28, 2010, 04:37:37 PM »

Oh, Cilla, do you get to start using your Nook right away or do you have to wait until Christmas?

I have it and am charging it right now, lol.  Mom said "You realize you won't have anything to open under the tree" (which isn't really true, because I know about a couple small things)  I said..."I'll bring my Nook and sit under the tree with it".

I get to use it now.  They usually give each of us a check for the same amount.  That's really what they are doing but we are saying that their money is going toward part of the Nook.

They will enjoy seeing you enjoy the gift they gave you!  Richard took me along to do his Christmas shopping at one of those chain jewelers with the sappy commercials (think "Every Kiss...) and I selected something sparkly and beautiful.  But I can't have it until Christmas...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #145 on: November 28, 2010, 04:39:07 PM »

i agree with DR Jane. But I still don't get why your brothers don't want a realtor. Don't they realize that most people use one. And if they don't want to use one then they need to actively try to sell.  Why are they worried about the commission when they've seen nothing for years.

You and Jane are making the same mistake - trying to solve a long term festering sibling rivalry with logic, reason, or common sense rarely works.

der Brucer

That is my point, there is no logic and I'm concerned if DR elmore does not find a way to let this go the situation will only get worse.

I've never had sibling problems like this.  And I am sure it will damage his relationship with the brother he likes. But if he needs the money and the others don't care then I think he owes it to himself to do what is right for himself.  Just my opinion.

The emotional pain a sibling can inflict, even if you are better off without the sibling, is painful enough.  Even if it is right it might not be best if the outcome is to damage or destroy the relationship with a remaining sibling.  That is a step I would do almost anything to avoid having dealt with the "mean" sibling scenario.

Jennifer

« Reply #146 on: November 28, 2010, 04:39:18 PM »

Here is the unconfirmed list for the next THE AMAZING RACE. It's only season 12 on.

Kynt and Vyxsin (Season 12)
Ron and Christina (Season 12)
Amanda and Kris (Season 14)
Kisha and Jen (Season 14)
Jaime and Cara (Season 14)
Margie and Luke (Season 14)
Mel and Mike (Season 14)
Steve and Linda (Season 14)
Flight Time and Big Easy (Season 15)
Zev and Justin (Season 15)
Jet and Cord (Season 16)
Gary and Mallory (Season 17)

I know a lot of people liked the father daughter from this season. And he cowboys.  I actually really liked the redheaded cheerleaders.

Jane

« Reply #147 on: November 28, 2010, 04:39:39 PM »

Ben, I truly admire how you spend you Decembers.

As do I.

Jane

« Reply #148 on: November 28, 2010, 04:40:48 PM »

Mega job vibes!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: November 28, 2010, 04:41:24 PM »

It's not even the critics who diss Mr. Simon so much - it's the idiot young audience who only think Sasha Baron Cohen is funny and who wouldn't know a well-crafted play if it hit them upside the head.  Those same nincompoops are now all gathered in one place - to see the first preview of Spiderman, who, which is their way, have already decided it's the most AMAZING THING EVER before having seen one minute of the actual show.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up