Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: MERRILY WE WRIG ALONG  (Read 79167 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:MERRILY WE WRIG ALONG
« Reply #210 on: January 05, 2005, 01:55:09 PM »

The Abner soundtrack is very strange - the LP orchestrations ARE different than the film orchestrations even though the vocals remain the same.  I don't think the movie orchestrations sound thin, though, although the VHS tape doesn't really present the sound very well.  If there's ever a DVD with a 5.1 mix, my guess is it will sound excellent.

Well, knock me down!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #211 on: January 05, 2005, 01:58:17 PM »

Pray God nothing's happened to him crossing the Hudson!  Here it is the coldest day of the year.  The dogs are sticking to the sidewalks.  Can anyone explain that?

At least, that's how I remember it!
Oh, I love The Skin of our Teeth and I always wanted to play that part.  Would you direct it, DR Elmore?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #212 on: January 05, 2005, 01:58:47 PM »

Next time I do errands I may take Chooster with me. Think of the pic possibilities... Chooster at the bank, Chooster at Trader Joe's, Chooster dining a DuPar's (no Chinese Chicken Salad!)

Perhaps he could start the Chooster Theatre Festival and do things like THE THREE CHICKEN OPERA, THE ROAR OF THE CHICKEN THE SMELL OF THE CROWD, MY FAIR CHICKEN and other foul shows!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #213 on: January 05, 2005, 01:59:55 PM »

Oh, I love The Skin of our Teeth and I always wanted to play that part.  Would you direct it, DR Elmore?

DRGinny, I only direct traffic these days, but I know Dear Friend BK would do a fantastic job with it!

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #214 on: January 05, 2005, 02:01:41 PM »

Could someone who knows such things, please tell me -- Has school not started yet? I was so lookng forward to the start of school so that the little boy downstairs would be gone for the day. But he's stll home and pounding away at the piano - a mixture of one finger Christmas carols (somebody tell him it's OVER!) and Yankee Doodle.
OOOH! I just looked out the window and he and his mom have left to go somewhere. It's so nice and QUIET.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #215 on: January 05, 2005, 02:02:31 PM »

I'm cookin' up some grub.  I got my HMV.au package today - the Australian pressing of the new Mary Poppins DVD - the only version that has a 5.1 mix of the original theatrical soundtrack.  The American only has the screwed up Enchanced Home Theater Mix and the 2.0.  I also got the Oz pressing of Nudie Musical - it's the same as the US but in Oz it's put out by Warner Home Vid, so I got it for the slightly different packaging and the logo.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #216 on: January 05, 2005, 02:11:20 PM »

Hmmm, I'm just reading the review I posted now. "Yet, despite haphazard grammar and a gaping hole in its logic" - that's sort of mean!

Warning.  There are some SPOILERS in this review.  Especially about the twist.  So you might not want to read it if you haven't read the book yet.

I stopped right at that point in the book, so I knew about it.  I have to finish the rest of it real soon!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Panni

« Reply #217 on: January 05, 2005, 02:13:41 PM »

Perhaps he could start the Chooster Theatre Festival and do things like THE THREE CHICKEN OPERA, THE ROAR OF THE CHICKEN THE SMELL OF THE CROWD, MY FAIR CHICKEN and other foul shows!

Like the hilarious farce, CHOOSTER'S AUNT; the classic Russian play, THE CHOOSTER ORCHARD; and we all love A CHOOSTER LINE (tits and beak); and, of course the Epstein Bros.' 1940's tragedy (in fowl land), CHICKEN EVERY SUNDAY.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #218 on: January 05, 2005, 02:19:16 PM »

I loved his great Sondheim festival:

A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE CHICKEN
A LITTLE NIGHT CHICKEN
CHOOSTER IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE
CHOOSTER TODD
CHICKEN OVERTURES

Tomovoz

« Reply #219 on: January 05, 2005, 02:19:56 PM »

I think there was a part in "Annie" that was virtually written for Chooster.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #220 on: January 05, 2005, 02:20:15 PM »

I'm very pleased with that review, even though it gives away something it shouldn't (he obviously didn't think that twist was so important).  I'd be interested to know what the gaping hole in its logic is, as I was very careful not to leave any gaping holes in logic.  Perhaps gaping holes are subjective.  But it's a really well-thought-out review and pretty much a rave and I'm thrilled to have it.

So BK, would you ever contact Charles Wright (the writer of the "Writer's Block" review) and ask him?  (Write, the writer of Writer's ;D)  Is that ever done?  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #221 on: January 05, 2005, 02:21:19 PM »

Or Chooster in The Fantas-chicks.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Panni

« Reply #222 on: January 05, 2005, 02:27:31 PM »

The Producers Guild has just announced their noms...

"Opting for an eclectic mix of dramas and comedies, the Producers Guild of America has nominated Miramax's "The Aviator" and "Finding Neverland," Disney's "The Incredibles," Warner's "Million Dollar Baby" and Fox SearchlightFox Searchlight's "Sideways" for its best picture award."

Panni

« Reply #223 on: January 05, 2005, 02:32:27 PM »

It's too easy, I know, but if Chooster decided to enter the world of motion pictures, he could star in the remake of ROOSTER COGBURN.

MBarnum

« Reply #224 on: January 05, 2005, 02:34:00 PM »

Or that new Bollywood hit AA AB LAUT CHOOSTER!

MBarnum

« Reply #225 on: January 05, 2005, 02:35:06 PM »

I think we need a good close-up of Chooster, those longs shots don't do him justice.

Panni

« Reply #226 on: January 05, 2005, 02:35:20 PM »

Oky, before I resume writing, might as well finish off Chooster in the home environment.
A more formal living room portrait....

Panni

« Reply #227 on: January 05, 2005, 02:36:22 PM »

And of course....

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #228 on: January 05, 2005, 02:40:31 PM »

Well, I think that finishes the Chooster photographs.

Eating a yummilicious batch of wacky noodles and then I shall wrig.  I love to wrig after eating wacky noodles.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #229 on: January 05, 2005, 03:15:15 PM »

Welcome ten GUESTS.  We're talkin' about questions.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #230 on: January 05, 2005, 03:25:53 PM »

Are we experiencing a mid-afternoon lull?  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #231 on: January 05, 2005, 03:26:07 PM »

Is everyone taking a wriging break?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #232 on: January 05, 2005, 03:40:27 PM »

I see lots of people - is Ann still catching up?

Here is a spiffy photograph of my Powerbook, up and running, taken when we finally got AOL to work.

Danise

« Reply #233 on: January 05, 2005, 04:08:10 PM »

Evening all.  Sorry to post and run last night.  I had a hard time sleeping the night before.  To many things on my mind.  

One of things being I didn’t know if I was going to have to pay that eight hundred and fifty dollar doctor bill.  I called the Humana thinking I was going to have real fight on my hands.  I was shocked beyond words when the guy pulled the record up and said, “Oh, that’s a mistake.  We should have paid that.  It will be corrected.  Would you like a reference number so you can call the doctor and let him know he call us and use that reference number to see the status of his payment?”

I just about fell off my chair!  I was ready to do battle.   I was ready to do my best imitation of a Xena war cry!  I was so relieved I could have kissed that guy.  Well, maybe not kiss him exactly but I was one satisfied customer when I hung up the phone.   ;)  (Ok, Dear Uncle, I know what your gonna say about that!)

Speaking of money, believe it or not, I found a bag of money on the street this morning on my way to work.  It was all change that came to two dollars and sixty-five cents. Now if I could only find a bag of PAPER money.   :-\

I liked the cyber tour of Benjamin’s world.  A suggestion, if I may?  Could a place be made on the site to put them so if people wanted to look at the places in the book they could go there and see them instead of hunting for them in a tread?

I also like the Chooster pictures.  The new HHW mascot!  

Welcome to our newest DR,  Ozderek!  Tell us about yourself, please.   :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Michael

« Reply #234 on: January 05, 2005, 04:09:17 PM »

For all those wonderful writers out there in the dark I have another question about your work habits. (Providing you use a computer to write and not long hand.)

After you finish your 1st draft do you print it out and make corrections or do you make corrections directly to the file?
Never stop dreaming.

Jennifer

« Reply #235 on: January 05, 2005, 04:12:29 PM »

I'm still catching up on posts.  But why did they boo Ashlee Simpson last night?  And was it BEFORE or AFTER she sang?

We don't get MTV here.  But this weekend I caught the finale of her (Ashlee's) reality show.  And it was sort of entertaining (quite similar to her sister's Newlyweds show which I really like).

George

« Reply #236 on: January 05, 2005, 04:15:03 PM »

There could be a musical version of "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken!"

George

« Reply #237 on: January 05, 2005, 04:15:27 PM »

The Abner soundtrack is very strange - the LP orchestrations ARE different than the film orchestrations even though the vocals remain the same.  I don't think the movie orchestrations sound thin, though, although the VHS tape doesn't really present the sound very well.  If there's ever a DVD with a 5.1 mix, my guess is it will sound excellent.

And it's the same way with "The Muppet Movie."  I have the album (and a copy of the CD) and it sounds very different that what's in the movie.  Very strange, if you ask me. :-\

Danise

« Reply #238 on: January 05, 2005, 04:20:03 PM »

Lest we forget:

My Friend, Chooster

Father of the Chooster

Father’s Little Chooster

The Ghost and Mr. Chooster

And of course,

The Choostanator
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 04:20:54 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Panni

« Reply #239 on: January 05, 2005, 04:20:13 PM »

For all those wonderful writers out there in the dark I have another question about your work habits. (Providing you use a computer to write and not long hand.)

After you finish your 1st draft do you print it out and make corrections or do you make corrections directly to the file?

If you're talking about typos and such, I find that I often miss things on the computer screen that I don't when reading the hard copy. So, yes, I print out, read it from the actual paper and make the corrections that way.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up