Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: A PLETHORA OF PILES  (Read 85607 times)

Cillaliz

Re:A PLETHORA OF PILES
« Reply #180 on: August 15, 2007, 02:16:17 PM »

Los Angeles is just a state of mind, not a real state.  LA refers to Louisiana.

As a rule, residents of New York City ignore the rest of the state of New York, which irks the residents of the rest of the state no end.  My mother, who was from Syracuse, and a friend of mine named Frank, who is from Buffalo, would have/will gladly attest to this.

Sort of like the way the US claims all of America.  I had a roommate from Costa Rica when I was in college. She used to get so irritated and say "We're Americans too!"

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #181 on: August 15, 2007, 02:16:21 PM »

I got choked up then, too!

Next week's episode has more of Brenda's parents and that's the one set in Chinatown. It's a nice change of scenery!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cillaliz

« Reply #182 on: August 15, 2007, 02:19:49 PM »

I'm sorry...I was hoping when I mentioned this that it would be after breakfast. I thought perhaps other cat owners might have some tips.

So far so good on the new food!

Boo does ok most of the time. Now when she throws up, it's usually a hairball too.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #183 on: August 15, 2007, 02:21:45 PM »

..and...Two Grecian Urns!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

And a fountain

Cillaliz

« Reply #184 on: August 15, 2007, 02:24:33 PM »

Oh, golly....I've JUST gotten back from lunch and OOF!

At least I didn't say that yesterday was a day off from cleaning up cat bile....I got to clean up bat blood

singdaw

« Reply #185 on: August 15, 2007, 02:25:11 PM »

DR George really is keeping us all in suspense about Young Frankenstein!

singdaw

« Reply #186 on: August 15, 2007, 02:28:13 PM »

And a fountain

With or without three coins?

Cillaliz

« Reply #187 on: August 15, 2007, 02:28:37 PM »

Well. I have had a most busy day and I think I shall take my tired brain...tired from waking up every hour to two just to be sure there indeed were no bats in the bedroom...there weren't...and go home.  

My cat sitter is coming this weekend when I go to the lake. She is deathly afraid of bats...She has been warned
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 02:30:02 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #188 on: August 15, 2007, 02:31:32 PM »

Time to get out of here.  I'll let Nadia close up shop today.  

I'm starting to get all the crazy referrals, as in this person is way to crazy for me to deal with - I'll refer it to you.   I turned down 3 of them today.  They just aren't worth the time and energy.  

Tomovoz

« Reply #189 on: August 15, 2007, 02:51:38 PM »

I do love DR TOMOVOZ's next-door neighbor. I'd take him?/her? anyday over my next-door neighbor.
Sorry Jeanne - the Elephants and butterflies and neighbours at the Zoo.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

FJL

« Reply #190 on: August 15, 2007, 02:52:47 PM »

CAT BILE-OOH! - wasn't that the name of a Lee Marvin film?

(Or has someone already done that one?)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #191 on: August 15, 2007, 02:54:12 PM »

I gotta tell you.

Tomovoz

« Reply #192 on: August 15, 2007, 02:58:33 PM »

Favourie R & R movie - "It's Trad Dad".

I find A Hard Day's Night a total bore!
(and I liked the Beatles a lot)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #193 on: August 15, 2007, 03:00:37 PM »

I enjoy Richard Lester's work more in "The Knack", "It's Trad Dad" and "Just For Fun".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #194 on: August 15, 2007, 03:10:26 PM »

DR George really is keeping us all in suspense about Young Frankenstein!

I'm at work and I'm invoicing...it's all just data entry, but still it needs to be done!

:)

The short answer is I liked it!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #195 on: August 15, 2007, 03:19:40 PM »

Animal Murderers Warehouse

Oh, my gosh that made me laugh! That is my brothers' favorite store. I am going to call it that for now one...or at least until one of my brothers gets mad at me.

MBarnum

« Reply #196 on: August 15, 2007, 03:22:47 PM »

It's TRAD DAD may become a favorte rock and roll movie of mine also, someday, when I actually sit down to watch it.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #197 on: August 15, 2007, 03:24:30 PM »

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

« Reply #198 on: August 15, 2007, 03:32:23 PM »

Young George - How was young Frank?

Mighty fine, thanks for asking. :)

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #199 on: August 15, 2007, 03:32:57 PM »

Okay...here we go!

I thoroughly enjoyed Young Frankenstein!  All the performers did very well.  Megan Mullally and Andrea Martin got applause on their first entrances (they were the only ones...I'm sure that it's because they've been on TV much more than everyone else), but by the end of the show, the audience loved everyone.  Christopher Fitzgerald, who played Igor (pronounced Eye-gore) was hysterical!  Roger Bart as Fronken-STEEN was very good.  Sutton Foster has a great voice and looked very pretty in her bleach blonde wig (can we say Ulla?) but she didn't really have much to "act." ::) Her first song is called "Roll in the Hay" and it's a one-joke song, but it's very funny.  Megan plays a character somewhat, but not exactly similar to Karen, her character from "Will and Grace."  Her big song in the second act after sleeping with The Monster is called "Deep Love" (very deep... ;)) and the double entendres were flying everywhere.  Shuler Hensley was very funny as The Monster.  The "Putting On the Ritz" sequence was great.

George

« Reply #200 on: August 15, 2007, 03:33:57 PM »

The sets were very good!  The scene changes were so smooth and very cinematic.  It still amazes me what can be done with a very large theater, a lot of imagination and even more money. :D It was a little long at 2 hours and 40 minutes, but I never felt like it was too long.  The pacing was very good and there were many funny moments.  I liked all of the songs.  Some seem a little familiar, but it all worked.  

George

« Reply #201 on: August 15, 2007, 03:36:03 PM »

Before the show, my friend Margo and I ate at The Cheesecake Factory and two aisles across from us was Christopher Fitzgerald!  He looks just like he does in all the pictures of him I've seen (he's very cute!).  I watched him the whole time, but he never looked at me...he was eating with a woman who I assumed was his wife, and she was holding their 20-day-old-or-so baby.  During the show, we saw Thomas Meehan sitting about five rows in front of us (he snuck in as the lights went down) and Susan Stroman was standing off to the audience right in an alcove.  I didn't see her sit.  We didn't see Mel Brooks anywhere.

Tomovoz

« Reply #202 on: August 15, 2007, 03:36:24 PM »

When do gst to it DR Michael - I'll send the CD (Or it would be quicker to ask JRand for a copy)

Helen - Jews for Christ - Shapiro.
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #203 on: August 15, 2007, 03:36:29 PM »

And that's what I did on my summer vacation. :)

Tomovoz

« Reply #204 on: August 15, 2007, 03:38:34 PM »

Thanks for the report DR George.
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #205 on: August 15, 2007, 03:40:04 PM »

Did I miss DR George's review of YOUNG FRANKENSTEINBERG?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #206 on: August 15, 2007, 03:41:34 PM »

Good Afternoon!  Good Evening!

A pretty good and fun day of auditions.  And one woman did a pretty uncanny impression (on purpose) of Whitney Houston.  LOVED HER!!  <snort> ;D
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 03:46:19 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #207 on: August 15, 2007, 03:48:44 PM »

The sets were very good!  The scene changes were so smooth and very cinematic.  It still amazes me what can be done with a very large theater, a lot of imagination and even more money. :D It was a little long at 2 hours and 40 minutes, but I never felt like it was too long.  The pacing was very good and there were many funny moments.  I liked all of the songs.  Some seem a little familiar, but it all worked.  

Psssssssss, George, PUTTIN ON THE RITZ is not a new song.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #208 on: August 15, 2007, 03:51:13 PM »

Oh...Margo and I talked with one of the guys who sold YF merchandise and he said that last week they were performing the entire show...nearly 3 hours!  Last night was the first night with cuts.  One entire song (and some scene-work) was cut from last week's version.  It all flowed very smoothly, though.  He also said that they'll be cutting even more this week and tweaking it all during this run.  I wonder what song was missing.  I think that the program that was given out reflects last night's show, but I don't remember.

George

« Reply #209 on: August 15, 2007, 03:52:03 PM »

Psssssssss, George, PUTTIN ON THE RITZ is not a new song.

I know...they stole that from the movie! ;)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18   Go Up