Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: A PLETHORA OF PILES  (Read 85610 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:A PLETHORA OF PILES
« Reply #210 on: August 15, 2007, 03:54:41 PM »

Thanks for the show report, DR George.  Any "inventive" merchandise for sale?
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #211 on: August 15, 2007, 03:55:39 PM »

PAGE EIGHT PUTTIN' ON THE RITZ DANCE!!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #212 on: August 15, 2007, 03:55:44 PM »

Probably some portable DEEP LOVE.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #213 on: August 15, 2007, 03:58:40 PM »

I gotta tell you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #214 on: August 15, 2007, 03:59:00 PM »

Another day filled with telephonic calls and stuff and more stuff.

George

« Reply #215 on: August 15, 2007, 04:01:30 PM »

Not really.  Everything that they had for sale is available HERE, except for the Seattle only "World Premiere Prior To Broadway" poster that is only for sale in the lobby of the Paramount in Seattle, which I bought:

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #216 on: August 15, 2007, 04:02:56 PM »

I also bought this hat:

that has this on the back:

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #217 on: August 15, 2007, 04:03:19 PM »

Before the show, my friend Margo and I ate at The Cheesecake Factory and two aisles across from us was Christopher Fitzgerald!  He looks just like he does in all the pictures of him I've seen (he's very cute!).  I watched him the whole time, but he never looked at me...he was eating with a woman who I assumed was his wife, and she was holding their 20-day-old-or-so baby.  During the show, we saw Thomas Meehan sitting about five rows in front of us (he snuck in as the lights went down) and Susan Stroman was standing off to the audience right in an alcove.  I didn't see her sit.  We didn't see Mel Brooks anywhere.

Well, I knew the minute I read this post that our latest Joyce offer would be no, since it's Mr. Fitzgerald's wife.  Again, obvious baby issues, although she really thought about doing it.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #218 on: August 15, 2007, 04:07:25 PM »

Well, I knew the minute I read this post that our latest Joyce offer would be no, since it's Mr. Fitzgerald's wife.  Again, obvious baby issues, although she really thought about doing it.

Don't forget, BK, we have all seen George in a dress.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #219 on: August 15, 2007, 04:13:18 PM »

Don't forget, BK, we have all seen George in a dress.

Pay for my flight and I'm there! :D

George

« Reply #220 on: August 15, 2007, 04:13:59 PM »

What a small world!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #221 on: August 15, 2007, 04:20:49 PM »

Oh, I can be such a boob! I had an important phone call from a potential client and I put my foot squarely in my mouth and said something both rude and moronic.  I hope I didn't alienate the gentleman but I fear i might have.  Oy!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #222 on: August 15, 2007, 04:25:48 PM »

Oh, I can be such a boob! I had an important phone call from a potential client and I put my foot squarely in my mouth and said something both rude and moronic.  I hope I didn't alienate the gentleman but I fear i might have.  Oy!

Well... It is 2-for-1 frozen margaritas tonight at La Cocina.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #223 on: August 15, 2007, 04:26:48 PM »

On a sad note, I just read HERE that John Wallowitch has died.  He was 82.

I love the CD, Dixie Carter Sings John Wallowitch: Live at the Carlyle.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 04:30:14 PM by George »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #224 on: August 15, 2007, 04:26:52 PM »

DR elmore - I hope your "potential" client will still become your "client".  Period.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #225 on: August 15, 2007, 04:32:48 PM »

DR elmore - I hope your "potential" client will still become your "client".  Period.

It's someone you know, to boot!

DR Jose, I appreciate the margarita invitation and could definitely use one or three, but I have to go to the Village now and see a mutual friend of Ben and Anthony in a Fringe Festival play "PB&J."  I hope it's fun.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Tomovoz

« Reply #226 on: August 15, 2007, 04:39:56 PM »

boot vibes to DR Elmore.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #227 on: August 15, 2007, 04:46:44 PM »

It looks like the big part of the sublet issue has been solved.  Now, I need to find a place for the very beginning of my stay - three to four days is all I need, and then I'm covered.  My sublet (the long stay) is in a building that had two very bad "reviews" at some site online (from tenants, not subletters) - but we have no idea when those were written or why.  Cason checked out the building, which is about four or five blocks uptown from him, and he said it looked fine.  I then had a long talk with the guy subletting, and he made me very comfortable - it's a large studio with A/C, high-speed Internet, plasma TV and river view - and the place is completely refurbished with all new stuff and is very clean.  So, that's a deal - and we're trying to make a short term deal with this other fellow I talked to this morning - his place is nice and only about five blocks from the long stay.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #228 on: August 15, 2007, 04:58:04 PM »

I'm considering eating a banana.

I tell you this in the event that someone might be considering a post about some unfortunate event that resulted in vomit, bile, puke, retching, maggots, flies, diarrhea, et. al.

I could, of course, just go away and eat my banana and not come back until I think it may be safe.

But I'm really rather fond of visiting for the nonce and would like to munch, post and read, if at all possible without hurling banana stew all over my keyboard.

;)

ROTFLOL

FJL

« Reply #229 on: August 15, 2007, 04:58:36 PM »

BK - Great.  I went by there and it looked OK to me, too.  The walk from your theatre along 10th Avenue late at night might not be the absolute best between 45th and 49th, but that block itself seemed pretty good.  Maybe if late at night, you'll take the 10th Ave. bus even though it's a short ride.

Jane

« Reply #230 on: August 15, 2007, 05:00:45 PM »

TCB where is your mustache! :o
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 05:03:49 PM by Jane »

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #231 on: August 15, 2007, 05:02:14 PM »

... and they had loads of wine boxes for the taking. I filled up my car with boxes...

DR Edisaurus, I read that three times before I realized they weren't giving away free wine-in-a-box.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jane

« Reply #232 on: August 15, 2007, 05:04:24 PM »

Oh DR elmore, I hope it still works out.  Maybe DR Jose can put in a good word for you.

Can we all send the potential client emails & let the person know what a dear you really are?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 05:05:06 PM by Jane »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #233 on: August 15, 2007, 05:14:37 PM »

Have now taken care of the short part of the stay - this is costing a bit more than I was hoping for, but I cannot have the discomfort of not knowing where I'm staying for those first three or four days.

Ginny

« Reply #234 on: August 15, 2007, 05:57:22 PM »

After a nice workday with 2 offsite meetings, I'm home now until Friday.  Tomorrow's my day off for the week, because I'm working Saturday to present the August edition of Grantseeking Basics.  

Tomorrow, DH Richard and I are taking niece Lauren to spend her HS graduation present - gift certificate for Vera Bradley products.  She has enough to get one big item, a middle-sized and a small item, or several small items, and I can hardly wait to see what she selects.  The big question is whether Aunt Ginny will have enough will-power NOT to buy something for herself!

We're also taking Lauren to lunch at The Cheesecake Factory, where I plan to buy something to take to the potluck dinner my book group is having tomorrow evening.  Do they sell a cheesecake sampler or something like that?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #235 on: August 15, 2007, 06:04:31 PM »

I don't see a sampler.  Maybe you can get two small cheesecakes & cut them up.

.  Click Here

« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 06:06:43 PM by Jane »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #236 on: August 15, 2007, 06:06:22 PM »

After a nice workday with 2 offsite meetings, I'm home now until Friday.  Tomorrow's my day off for the week, because I'm working Saturday to present the August edition of Grantseeking Basics.  

Tomorrow, DH Richard and I are taking niece Lauren to spend her HS graduation present - gift certificate for Vera Bradley products.  She has enough to get one big item, a middle-sized and a small item, or several small items, and I can hardly wait to see what she selects.  The big question is whether Aunt Ginny will have enough will-power NOT to buy something for herself!

We're also taking Lauren to lunch at The Cheesecake Factory, where I plan to buy something to take to the potluck dinner my book group is having tomorrow evening.  Do they sell a cheesecake sampler or something like that?

You can create your own sampler by buying slices of different their cheesecakes.  Although, I have seen pre-packaged samplers - like the ones Harry & David's sell - in some Cheesecake Factory locations.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #237 on: August 15, 2007, 06:12:13 PM »

The Dulce De Leche Caramel Cheesecake looks good to me.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #238 on: August 15, 2007, 06:13:45 PM »

I have a question for today:

If an employee has resigned and is using up his four weeks of vacation all at the end, has moved the stuff out of the office, and will not be returning to work, can the employer rightfully request the keys at the beginning of said employee's vacation period since he will not be returning? Can the employee insist on having access to the property until his vacation is over?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jane

« Reply #239 on: August 15, 2007, 06:15:41 PM »

Legal or not, I would expect a minister to do the ethical thing & hand over the keys.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18   Go Up