Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HYPNOTIC I  (Read 71991 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:THE HYPNOTIC I
« Reply #390 on: March 22, 2007, 12:02:56 PM »

So, all things are going well.

Thanks for reporting in, Matthew! I am seriously considering this for after our return from LA. It's always difficult to control when and what you eat when you have double sessions most days, especially at places where they feed you. Today's lunch was especially good: salmon and boiled shrimp, cream of asparagus soup (cold) and spinach souffle.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #391 on: March 22, 2007, 12:03:15 PM »

And one for Matthew!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #392 on: March 22, 2007, 12:03:35 PM »

I still never heard if Tomovoz is near Melbourne...

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #393 on: March 22, 2007, 12:03:44 PM »

Does anyone know about the relationship between Andrew Lloyd Webber and Stephen Sondiem?  I can only believe that it's civil and such.  I'm sure they aren't "pals", but I can't beleive there is any hatred involved.  Does anyone know?

Jennifer

« Reply #394 on: March 22, 2007, 12:04:24 PM »

That is very good news DR RonP.

And re: last night's LOST.

SPOILERS.

I really enjoyed last night's show.  I am very interested in Ben and what the heck is going on where they live.  However, I was not shocked by the ending.  When Ben said he had something to show Locke I thought to myself "what could he show him that would really have some impact right now?"  And my first inclination was that his father would be there.

Although that said, it really makes little sense. I mean how would he get his father?

And I still don't really get why locke decided to blow up the sub.  And I am curious if there was actually some way for them to go home. Lots of questions!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 12:05:29 PM by Jennifer »

Edisaurus

« Reply #395 on: March 22, 2007, 12:10:44 PM »

This could fuel a local anti-mass transit campaign:

MARTA SUCKS!

But we ALREADY say that!

singdaw

« Reply #396 on: March 22, 2007, 12:12:00 PM »

Does anyone know about the relationship between Andrew Lloyd Webber and Stephen Sondiem?  I can only believe that it's civil and such.  I'm sure they aren't "pals", but I can't beleive there is any hatred involved.  Does anyone know?

I don't know, but unless they're very good actors, they seemed to get along well enough when they collaborated on that parody for the Cameron Mackintosh tribute.

Oh, and **CONGRATULATIONS** on your program, and **VIBES** for continued success!

singdaw

« Reply #397 on: March 22, 2007, 12:15:36 PM »

I would guess that Lord LW is somewhat envious of Sondheim's reputation, and annoyed that many do not accord him the same respect.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #398 on: March 22, 2007, 12:15:56 PM »

Good morning all and assembled and sun-dried.....

Now wait a minute..... I've clicked back to the "today's column" 2 times and then back to these notes, because I thought something wasn't re-setting correctly either in my 'puter or here at the site.

How can it be on PAGE 14, at only 11:00 AM west coast time?????!!

I'm afraid my remaining brain cell is just going to bog down, give up, and plotz!  I don't know that I can handle trying to catch up.

For now, I must go visit my chiropractor and get things adjusted and back in line.  Jeez....I'm afraid I'll come back, and it will be on page 47 !

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #399 on: March 22, 2007, 12:16:50 PM »

Isn't that interesting?  When I logged on this morning there were over 350 posts.  So, when I posted that at ten o'clock we had 400 posts it was because while I was reading the posts between nine-thirty and ten, there'd been a page and a half more posts made.  So how are we still under 400 posts?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #400 on: March 22, 2007, 12:17:01 PM »

I shipped the package.

singdaw

« Reply #401 on: March 22, 2007, 12:18:08 PM »

We've been busy bees!  :)

singdaw

« Reply #402 on: March 22, 2007, 12:19:07 PM »

I shipped the package.

Were you in the mood?   :)

singdaw

« Reply #403 on: March 22, 2007, 12:19:53 PM »

So how are we still under 400 posts?

It is a conundrum.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #404 on: March 22, 2007, 12:19:54 PM »

I still never heard if Tomovoz is near Melbourne...

His profile says "Melbourne"

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #405 on: March 22, 2007, 12:19:56 PM »

I had an e-mail from an e-tailer, rather haughtily demanding to know where his David Shire CDs that he paid for THREE WEEKS AGO were.  Now, how much clearer can I be when I tell people (either via e-mail or via kritzerland.com) "this title will ship the end of March or first week of April"?  His package went out on Tuesday, the first day I had that first box of CDs.  That was eleven days earlier than the projected date.  And these people never come back and say, spoo, I was wrong, sorry.  They just slither away into the night.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #406 on: March 22, 2007, 12:22:34 PM »

... I feel "lighter" ...

Light in the heels, eh?

der Brucer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #407 on: March 22, 2007, 12:26:00 PM »

I've read/seen interviews with Sondheim and he's said that he has no problem with ALW.  I don't know Andy's side of things, but I can't imagine that they really have any animosity towards each other...it's all in the press!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #408 on: March 22, 2007, 12:26:17 PM »

And how about weight loss?

Hypnosis has a good success rate with most good-habit building regimens.

der Brucer

Edisaurus

« Reply #409 on: March 22, 2007, 12:29:32 PM »

His profile says "Melbourne"

Thanks! I didn't think to check...

Goody!

Edisaurus

« Reply #410 on: March 22, 2007, 12:35:52 PM »

I would like to hear the Treat Williams stories, on or off list...

singdaw

« Reply #411 on: March 22, 2007, 01:07:58 PM »

I would like to hear the Treat Williams stories

Treat is always a treat, except when he's playing Buddy in Follies on Broadway...

Edisaurus

« Reply #412 on: March 22, 2007, 01:16:23 PM »

I want to hear the stories of Treat in HAIR that were mentioned this morning. (By DR Elmore?)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #413 on: March 22, 2007, 01:17:19 PM »

DR FJL - I'm sorry you had a less than ideal evening at The Met.  At least you were around long enough for "the greatest hits" of the opera: Figaro's "Largo al factotum", The Count's "Ecco Ridente", and Rosina's "Una voce poco fa".

But not Mr Florez' tour de force aria at the very end before the vaudeville finale!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #414 on: March 22, 2007, 01:19:59 PM »

I've done two pages so far.  I'll do at least two more at some point soon.  I'm in a new chapter now.  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #415 on: March 22, 2007, 01:21:22 PM »

Jose - yes, I was assured before I said goodbye to my friends that I had experienced the transcendent musical moments, and they were wonderful, and I wouldn't have wanted to have missed them.  I promise myself that i will do more studying before going to the Met (for a foreign language opera, at any rate) in the future, so that I won't be so reliant on checking the translations every few seconds.

DR FJL, I cannot believe you left!  However, my advice would have been to turn off the subtitles, knowing the basic premise of the plot, and go with the flow.  I'm jealous I wasn't there and amazed anyone could walk out of the performance.  How was Mr Sher's direction? I hear it's a bit overbusy.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 01:26:54 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #416 on: March 22, 2007, 01:24:58 PM »

I suspect one wishes for the other's popular success and the other wishes for the artistic success of the other.  I sound like Gertrude Stein!

All I can say is, some of that needless dissonant twaddle going on in sections of all the Webber pieces, especially the crap that passes as "dance music" in CATS, makes me wish he'd learn to write better!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #417 on: March 22, 2007, 01:32:54 PM »

I'm happy to announce that The Creature Wasn't Nice original soundtrack recording is now up for preorder.  It's a limited edition of 973 copies, so don't delay.

http://buysoundtrax.stores.yahoo.net/creatwasnico.html

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #418 on: March 22, 2007, 01:33:49 PM »

Let me know who's ordering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #419 on: March 22, 2007, 01:34:14 PM »

It will not be available through Kritzerland, in case anyone is wondering about such things.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26   Go Up