Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HYPNOTIC I  (Read 72134 times)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
Re:THE HYPNOTIC I
« Reply #210 on: March 22, 2007, 08:06:05 AM »

Well now, that was over fast.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #211 on: March 22, 2007, 08:06:44 AM »

Feel better/happy thoughts to DR Elmore. These dreams and melancholy feelings will be around on and off for awhile if your reaction to your sorrow is anything like mine was. But we're here for you!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #212 on: March 22, 2007, 08:08:11 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good dream vibes to DR Elmore!

Matt H.

« Reply #213 on: March 22, 2007, 08:08:14 AM »

Continued crossed fingers and toes for DR Cason and for his mom who's obviously beside herself with nervous expectation. Let Doris Day be your guide: "Que sera, sera."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #214 on: March 22, 2007, 08:09:26 AM »

So, DR Dan (the Man), are you saying that you were aware, while you were hypnotized, of where you were, and what was going on around you?  I certainly would find that disconcerting.

I wonder if he had added the phrase, "And you will forget everything that has happened" would have made any difference?

Yep, I was completely aware of what was going on.  I remember thinking at first that this was stupid and not going to work and then quickly turning to panic when it did.

I later talked to a couple of the kids who were on stage for the actual presentation, and they said that they were aware for all of it except for the times when he told them to sleep.  For the most part, they didn't seem as disturbed by their experiece as I was.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

singdaw

« Reply #215 on: March 22, 2007, 08:09:54 AM »

Speaking of the "jinx" thing...

We used to have a game, when I was young and we'd take long car trips, that anyone who counted TEN white horse sightings was entitled to an ice cream cone.  The horse had to be ALL white.  Honor system.  But it was cumulative...you didn't have to spy them all at once.  Memories!

singdaw

« Reply #216 on: March 22, 2007, 08:11:29 AM »

The mind is certainly a mysterious thing...

Matt H.

« Reply #217 on: March 22, 2007, 08:11:36 AM »

Really looking forward to UGLY BETTY tonight - Patti Lupone guest starring as Marc's mother who's in the dark about his sexuality. Looks like a really fun show.

Also new episodes of GREY'S ANATOMY, SUPERNATURAL, SMALLVILLE, SCRUBS, ANDY BARKER P.I., and RAINES.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #218 on: March 22, 2007, 08:13:51 AM »

Vibes for DR Cason that we may all get to see him in the full monty!

Also, that we may all get to see him in THE FULL MONTY!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #219 on: March 22, 2007, 08:14:24 AM »

I'm thinking Chris Richardson will also be safe on IDOL next week now that folks see that he can be in danger if they expect others to keep him safe.

There is always some surprising shakedowns in these early rounds of the finals. I quite liked Stephanie, but I knew she wasn't going to win it all, so only her spot on the tour was on the line.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #220 on: March 22, 2007, 08:14:33 AM »

The mind is certainly a mysterious thing...

For some people I know, it's only a One Minute Mystery.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #221 on: March 22, 2007, 08:15:32 AM »

I don't think Bacall was in that. Elaine Stritch was.

And I think you are correct, Laura. I need to go to Michael Shayne's site and find the CD on which Miss Bacall appeared.

singdaw

« Reply #222 on: March 22, 2007, 08:15:46 AM »

For some people I know, it's only a One Minute Mystery.

;D

Matt H.

« Reply #223 on: March 22, 2007, 08:16:11 AM »

Having lunch with friends today, and I'm having to go off my usual routine and go to the grocery store this afternoon instead of tomorrow. Therefore, I'm not sure how much viewing I'll get to today before prime time tonight.

I have only CSI: NY on the DVR as far as TV shows are concerned.

Cillaliz

« Reply #224 on: March 22, 2007, 08:16:39 AM »

DR Cillaliz, is thiis the same friend you ran into in the coffee shop a few weeks ago? I missed the part where you had lunch together. Sounds like he likes you, he really likes you!

LOL, this morning he is SOO busted.  I called his office yesterday to see if he wanted to go to The Angel of Ahlem with me and he wasn't in so I just left a message that I had called.  Well I stopped to get coffee this morning and not only was he there, but before I could even order he asked if I called because he had already been to the officeand found my message.  (His office is between his house and the coffee shop).  

So we had coffee He spent yesterday afternoon working in his back yard and he wants me to see it, he also said he has a really cool old desk that I might like for my office that he happens to not be using etc. We sat and talked for a good half hour. Tee hee.  You were right Edi!   ;D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 08:17:15 AM by Cillaliz »

Ginny

« Reply #225 on: March 22, 2007, 08:17:04 AM »

{{{{{DR Elmore}}}}}
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #226 on: March 22, 2007, 08:18:11 AM »

Miss Bacall appeared on the Brent Barret Alan Jay Lerner CD

singdaw

« Reply #227 on: March 22, 2007, 08:18:13 AM »

DR Cillaliz, are we going to get a new avatar to go with your new haircut?  :)

Matt H.

« Reply #228 on: March 22, 2007, 08:21:35 AM »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #229 on: March 22, 2007, 08:26:58 AM »

WHO THREW US INTO CINEMASCOPE?

I just discovered I can do my jury duty postponement over the phone, so I did.  I will now hie myself to Toyland for a while and then, perhaps, the NYPL.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

singdaw

« Reply #230 on: March 22, 2007, 08:27:34 AM »

Have you ever seen anyone with triple dimples?

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #231 on: March 22, 2007, 08:29:16 AM »

WHO THREW US INTO CINEMASCOPE?

I just discovered I can do my jury duty postponement over the phone, so I did.  I will now hie myself to Toyland for a while and then, perhaps, the NYPL.

It was a long link.

I was able to postpone my latest jury date on the internet.

Cillaliz

« Reply #232 on: March 22, 2007, 08:29:21 AM »

TOD, then I really should work....

I love to be hypnotised. The first time was a friend of a friend who was a hypnotherapist and I just wanted to see what it was like.  He threw in his stop smoking stuff and since I was young and didn't want to quit, as soon as it was over I lit up a cigarette. But I'll tell you, for a very long time I thought about the salt peter and all the chemicals in the cigarette every time I lit one.  

Then I volunteered for shows with 2 different hypnotists.  They are really fun. You do know what's going on and if you didn't want to do something you could stop it, but you just sort of go with the flow without thinking about it.  15 minutes of hypnosis is like an hour of sleep. So the biggest problem is the show is over, it's very late and you feel like you just had a full night's sleep.

I don't know about the forgetting. In both shows the suggestion was that you would remember everything that had happened, so I don't know if the opposite would have worked

singdaw

« Reply #233 on: March 22, 2007, 08:29:42 AM »

I just discovered I can do my jury duty postponement over the phone, so I did.

Great news, DR elmore3003.  May your day continue to improve.

Did you ever cross paths with Charles Eubanks?  He's a friend of mine who retired within the past year from the Lincoln Center branch of the NYPL.

Cillaliz

« Reply #234 on: March 22, 2007, 08:29:52 AM »

DR Cillaliz, are we going to get a new avatar to go with your new haircut?  :)

Eventually

singdaw

« Reply #235 on: March 22, 2007, 08:32:14 AM »

SO close to page 9...

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #236 on: March 22, 2007, 08:37:59 AM »

After I watched the Hypnotic Eye clip, another clip came up for suggested viewing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caq9uFqreyk&NR

A little CANNIBAL, in honor of DR George!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #237 on: March 22, 2007, 08:38:36 AM »

My goodness!~~~God Morning everyone!
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #238 on: March 22, 2007, 08:39:58 AM »

Someone, quick -- get us out of widescreen!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #239 on: March 22, 2007, 08:40:31 AM »

It was Matt H!  I kept looking for a photo that might have caused it and couldn't find one.

Thank you all, DRs, for the kind thoughts.  I didn't have a real reaction to my mother's death until several months after she was gone, but I truly miss my father, both for his kindness and his eccentricities, like not wearing his hearing aid and walking around deaf as a post, which caused him to respond strangely to things he misheard.  He was traveling about four years ago with the Macbeths and Lady M asked him when was the last time he went on a plane, and he replied "oh, she went down in the Pacific and they never found her (Amelia Earhart)." I miss his malaprops, like "oldtimers" for Alzheimers or "oxiekin" for oxygen.  As a naval aircraft carrier welder in WW2, he loved to visit New York and walk about the Intrepid which is docked on the Hudson. He always called it "the Interpret."

When we thought he was dying in ICU last June, I looked at him and thought, ohmigod, he's turning into Elmer Fudd.  I miss his optimism about beating the cancer and living to 90 and his courage in having laser eye surgery last fall to correct his vision.  When I took him last year to renew his driver's license at 85, he looked at the expiration date of 2009, and said "we have to come back in three years."
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26   Go Up