Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: A MONDAY KIND OF VIBE  (Read 24270 times)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
Re:A MONDAY KIND OF VIBE
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2006, 12:44:17 PM »

Still generator, Ben. Don't know why exactly, maybe they fear the massive printing machines will damage the grid. Today, the generator was turned off for awhile and we had no power at all for awhile.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2006, 12:54:32 PM »

Happy, happy anniversary to Ben and Ant!

I myself have never had anyone around long enough to celebrate an anniversary...the parole officers always seemed to catch up with them, somehow. Ah, well.

So congrats to the both of you!!

Sorry, that is the best I could do, card wise!

How about this??  It almost looks real! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2006, 12:59:21 PM »

Happy Anniversary, Ben and Ant!!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2006, 01:17:15 PM »

We had a big thunderstorm this afternoon, long after I had returned from lunch. Didn't do much to cool things down, but it means I'll more than likely be mowing by the weekend.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2006, 01:17:56 PM »

LOL! Loved the "new" card, DR George. Very clever and appropriate of you!

Matt H.

« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2006, 01:19:25 PM »

I watched a couple more FRIENDS episodes since the DVD was still in the player from last night. One involved Ross' inability to flirt. This also featured Joey making a homemade video since his part on LAW & ORDER had been cut and his Italian-seaking grandmother had her heart set on seeing Joey on TV.

Matt H.

« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2006, 01:20:22 PM »

The other had the three guys going on a ride-along with Phoebe's cop boy friend. A shot rings out and Joey tries to shield Ross rather than Chandler which leads to some very funny jealousy and hurt feelings on Chandler's part.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2006, 01:20:45 PM »

And a very happy haineshisway.com anniversary wish to Ben and Ant.  If we combine the names and add an "i" we have Benanti.  I wonder if that's how Laura's last name came to be, since her daddy-o is Martin Vidnovic.
Vidnovic is Civondiv backwards.  At least Benanti is easier to say.  So is Itnaneb.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #98 on: August 07, 2006, 01:21:12 PM »

ENTOURAGE had a time-wasting episode where the boys take off on a mid-week trip to Vegas. Nothing of any importance happened on the trip plot-wise. Just a filler episode between momentous events in Vince's career.

Matt H.

« Reply #99 on: August 07, 2006, 01:22:37 PM »

RENO 911! featured Oscar Nunez (from THE OFFICE) in a recurring role as an incidious prisoner. Kind of funny, and Terry was also back this week as funny as ever.

Matt H.

« Reply #100 on: August 07, 2006, 01:23:06 PM »

I'll watch DEADWOOD tonight before THE CLOSER comes on.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2006, 01:23:11 PM »

Speaking of Mr. Vidnovic, I saw him last night in the new production of The Fantasticks. I was not expecting good things but it's a very nice production. I saw it with a friend who had done the show at Sullivan Street in 1983. He said it's an almost exact replication of the old show. There are minor changes but, to me and my friend, nothing stuck out as inappropriate. Mr. Vidnoic, as I was about to say before I went off on a tanget, is quite good as Bellomy. Tom Jones is excellent as Henry, the Old Actor. He also directed the show. Henry is listed as being played by Thomas Bruce, Mr Jones' acting name when he was performing.
So, which name does Mr. Jones use when he's giving autographs?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2006, 02:02:53 PM »

Going to read some on my book now and then begin the week's cleaning chores with the dining room.

WBBL.

Ginny

« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2006, 02:36:10 PM »

Monday greetings!

Happiest of anniversaries to DR Ben and his ever lovin' Ant!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2006, 02:39:45 PM »

I wonder if Miss Adriana Patti has written her amazon reviews.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2006, 02:40:42 PM »

Mr. Kevin Spirtas is supposed to come by - he wants to brainstorm on an idea he has.  I am hungry.  So, even though he's coming after a lunch, I'm going to insist we go somewhere so I can eat - I brainstorm best over a meal.

Ginny

« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2006, 02:42:10 PM »

DR Elmore - Glad to hear that your dad is out of the hospital.  As for the cemetery stop, you were honoring his wishes.  Hope you don't get caught in more drama over doing what seemed like the right thing at the time.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2006, 02:46:16 PM »

DR Elmore, glad your dad is out of the hospital.  Continued vibes for things to keep improving

Danise

« Reply #108 on: August 07, 2006, 02:46:28 PM »

A very happy anniverisery to DR Ben And AP Ant!  I wish I was coming to NY in October to see you both once again.

Speaking of Octoboer-I still have the hotel room booked at the CI.  I noticed that you can't get one now so since I can't be there, if someone wants what would have been my room, please let me know before I cancel.   I'm not sure how to work it out that you could use it but I'm open to suggestions.  The dates I had it booked for were the 3rd thru the 8th (five nights).  

Let me know.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #109 on: August 07, 2006, 02:48:08 PM »

Don't feel to bad about making your Dad sad, DR Elmore.  Sometimes that's a bit good for us.

You know I've never even seen my grave.  I bought it sight unseen but I know it's one row down and two over from where my parents are and will be.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #110 on: August 07, 2006, 02:48:13 PM »

I'm late checking in here today because I had to be out at my mom's by 11am to meet my friend Becky.  She and I try to get together once a month and today we took Mom with us to Waynesville's Der Dutchman.  We all had the salad bar and pie (Becky and I had fresh peach, Mom had peanut butter).  We browsed in the adjacent gift shop and drove back in a downpour.

Cillaliz

« Reply #111 on: August 07, 2006, 02:50:03 PM »

Ok, I have a question, how do you do a link so you just click on a word? I figured out how to do the link to click on, but how do you attach that to a word?

Danise

« Reply #112 on: August 07, 2006, 02:50:32 PM »

I had to buy two of them--they wouldn't let me buy a single.  I still wonder if I die a spinster (as that is looking to be the case), will I get my money back for the unused grave or what will become of it? ;)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #113 on: August 07, 2006, 02:51:27 PM »

I think I am finally recovering from my weekend, but I'm very tired. I just can't do the running around, staying up late and drinking like I used to. Glad I had today to rest before heading back to work.  

Danise

« Reply #114 on: August 07, 2006, 02:52:04 PM »

Maybe I can take my half out of the middle.  Which means I realliy shouldn't have worry about my weight/size.   What a happy thought THAT is!  :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #115 on: August 07, 2006, 02:52:56 PM »

My favorite kitchen store is closing and the manager opening her own store on the other side of town. They had a great sale, but I didn't know about it until today, so it's been pretty picked over.  I did get some handy gadgets that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #116 on: August 07, 2006, 02:54:04 PM »

You can't buy one grave???? Is that a racket or what

Danise

« Reply #117 on: August 07, 2006, 02:56:44 PM »

I don't know about other places but not at Mount Royal, in Pittsburgh.  At least, not to be that close to my parents.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #118 on: August 07, 2006, 02:57:29 PM »

Ok, I have a question, how do you do a link so you just click on a word? I figured out how to do the link to click on, but how do you attach that to a word?

DR Cillaliz - Click on Quote in a message where someone has done it and copy and paste the code onto a Word document, or as I've done on my Mac, onto a Stickie.  When you want to do something similar, just copy and paste the code you've saved, and replace the URL with the one you want to link to.  Between the bracketed b & /b put in the words you want to appear in your message.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 02:59:27 PM by Ginny »

Danise

« Reply #119 on: August 07, 2006, 02:58:03 PM »

Anyway, I had a lovely lunch with some friends that I used to work with in the Court.   They were shocked by my hair but liked it.

I have to get a picture up of it.  I have to get a picture of it first.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up