Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: CONNIPTION FIT  (Read 33445 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:CONNIPTION FIT
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2007, 10:42:51 AM »

M-o-o-n, that spells "mum".
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2007, 10:45:22 AM »

What is it about page 5 this week that I seem to be attracted to it????

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=8]  5                   5                 5               5            5                 5               5             5             5 [/size][/move]
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2007, 10:46:04 AM »

Or, it's attracted to me...I dunno.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2007, 10:46:31 AM »

Cat spackle and grits!

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2007, 10:46:41 AM »

I'm just here for the briefest of moments, but i wanted to tell dear Elmo  to have a very safe trip back to NYC and home, and know you are in my thoughts.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2007, 10:49:08 AM »

I would have to have that guys karma hit back in my next life!

He has cancer now, so that could be karma, (I had NOTHING to do with it!) but it hasn't slowed him down.

I still think I will try to get a settlement out of him. He has just made several million dollars selling this land to the city and the developers.

BTW, these particular developers are generally good guys who make good stuff, so if I was going to stay there, it wouldn't be the worst thing...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #126 on: February 22, 2007, 10:50:01 AM »

And.... to DR Cason ... How in the world can I convince you that I should take you to all of the capitols of Europe, and totally corrupt you, when you keep flashing that picture of Heather with you all the time???!!  Honestly, (OK, she's cute!) but what does she have that i don't have?....

OK......

Yea.....

But other than those....... what, I ask you!

[Try not to plotz Cason.... I'm kidding you.]

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #127 on: February 22, 2007, 10:51:23 AM »

And just in case anyone is curious, here is the aforementioned Hugh Dancy as Robert Devereaux, Earl of Essex, in HBO's "Elizabeth I" - for which he received an Emmy nom.

He was also our David Copperfield, for TNT.

So what's the gossip? Did he cop-a-feel?  ;D
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2007, 10:59:55 AM »

Was he ba-a-a-a-a-d?

Jennifer

« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2007, 11:04:39 AM »

RE: LOST and getting back to the island

Of course they did.  They just didn't sail around to the side where their comrades are camped out.

You knew that is what i meant! I wanted them to get to the side with the other people.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2007, 11:08:09 AM »

He was also our David Copperfield, for TNT.

So what's the gossip? Did he cop-a-feel?  ;D

Or feel-a-cop.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2007, 11:08:27 AM »

And.... to DR Cason ... How in the world can I convince you that I should take you to all of the capitols of Europe, and totally corrupt you, when you keep flashing that picture of Heather with you all the time???!!  Honestly, (OK, she's cute!) but what does she have that i don't have?....

OK......

Yea.....

::)
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2007, 11:08:29 AM »

RE: LOST and getting back to the islandYou knew that is what i meant! I wanted them to get to the side with the other people.

Ummmm....no, I didn't know you meant other than what you said.  There are "other places", including the island where they were held, and the island where they are taking Jack and Ben (where their "homes" are really located).

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2007, 11:11:37 AM »

OK......

Yea.....

DR Music Guy - You're more than welcome to take me to throughout Europe and corrupt me!  Although, at this point, if you'd like to talk to my insurance company and ask them why they're still hedging on whether or not they'll cover the E/R visit I had a few months ago to get the stitches in my left thumb... :-\

In any case...

No matter what DR elmore may say, I'm still corruptible.

To a degree.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2007, 11:13:49 AM »

It's funny that the judges said the women outdid the men.  Perhaps the few good performances (and lakisha's great one) made them forget. But they pretty much hated most of the girls.

That's not the show I saw.  The show I saw had the judges praising far more of the girls than the guys.  Maybe not Simon....but the girls were more memorable.

I honestly didn't think much of any of the guys, including Blake, whose limited vocal range won't get him very far, IMO.

Mr. Stacey is the man, but even his song choice stank.

The women are rich and varied and were far more upbeat in their song choices.  I thought some were better than the judges assessed them.

I couldn't believe a few of the songs some of the girls sang...just totally "nothing" there in terms of melody or line or anything that could be "delivered" with conviction.  The Bonnie Raitt song was a piece of s**t.  I'm stunned she even published it.

I'm hard-pressed to guess who might be going home tonight.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 11:17:13 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2007, 11:18:16 AM »

Well, that was a 2 year slow and agonizing conniption fit before they built those 5 story condos behind what was going to be our dream house. I did have a fit when I first learned of the plans and the evil scumbag who was the developer.

As for where we are living now---I had a big conniption fit in that very backyard about 4-5 years ago. It was the only time my DH had seen me really angry. I was so mad I was shaking. Here's what happened:

A local slumlord owned the acres of woods behind the house we have been living in. (I've been in this house for 27 years.) The woods had been home to vagrants and loads of trash. Instead of cleaning up these lots, after the slumlord got enough code violations, every few years he would bring a big bushhog out to the woods and mow down everything but the huge trees. There were gigantic specimen trees there, 5-6 ft wide oaks, etc. (Now they have been felled.) This wouldn't clean up the trash, it would just chop it up and cover it over. I looked into the slumlord's records and he had hundreds of code violations on about 60-70 rental properties.

The slumlord hired his landraper to clear out the woods one day, and told him to clear from the telephone pole to the house. But he didn't say WHICH house! So while we were at work, this guy totally moved down my huge curtains of porcelain berry vines, destroyed hundreds of daylilys that I had brought down from my grandfather's house in Ohio, and all the things we planted to encourage birds to visit us. They also cut down every tree under 6" in width.

Since I worked until after dark, I didn't realize this had happened until the next morning. I always have breakfast standing at my kitchen counter taking bird inventory. I looked out and it looked like a tornado had hit...there was nothing left but the big trees...all the vegetation was gone!

I saw some men down in the woods, so I went running down there. It was the slumlord and his land raper. They only clear half of my 1/2 acre yard because he'd had a flat tire, thank god. I was very angry, but I could have dealt with it if this slumlord had been the least bit apologetic. Instead, he said, "You should thank me. You got all your "weeds" cleared out for free"! These weeds were plants we had specifically chosen and hand planted as part of our backyard habitat. I told him that he had destroyed all my day lily beds, and he said "Oh, I mow over mine all the time and they come back. No big deal".

At this point I think I really could have strangled this guy--good thing my DH showed up. I had an arborist come out to asses the damages and he estimated the "cost of cure" at $10,000 to replant everything I'd lost. I started a lawsuit with him but my lawyer, who was doing this for free, dropped the ball. But now I'm tempted to try and go after some compensation, because if my tangle and trees were still there I wouldn't even be able to see the acres that were clear-cut, and the future condo owners wouldn't be able to see my house.

I'm not stressing out too much about the new clearcutting for the 3 story condos because we will be leaving this house soon and moving into Atlanta, but it sure doesn't make it appealing for anyone else to live there in the future.

Oh, I would definitely be seething! I've had some dealings with developers myself and my opinion of them is not high.

A nondeveloper story: My house in San Diego was on a flag lot and I had gone to some trouble to landscape the area along the long driveway up to the house.  But apparently many people there thought of my long drive as an "easement," and therefore public. An easement was in fact granted to the utility company to place telephone polls there, but it was NOT public property. When the house at the bottom of the hill (bottom of my driveway) was sold, the new owners mowed the landscaped area along my driveway, assuming it was part of their property. Like Edi's developer, they were quite blase when I explained that it wasn't theirs to change. I think this is one of those classic "It's easier to get forgiveness than permission" situations. They knew it wasn't likely that I'd go to the expense and trouble of relandscaping--so they got their way. I sold the property not long after. Lesson learned: common areas are always a problem. It's best to have clearly defined property lines. It may seem like overkill, but it's best in the long run.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #136 on: February 22, 2007, 11:19:12 AM »

Just a few more pages and we'll be on page 6.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #137 on: February 22, 2007, 11:19:25 AM »

Heavens to Murgatroyd!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #138 on: February 22, 2007, 11:19:39 AM »

Enter stage right!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #139 on: February 22, 2007, 11:19:50 AM »

Exit stage left!

Jennifer

« Reply #140 on: February 22, 2007, 11:22:46 AM »

I meant to comment re: last night's MEDIUM

SPOILERS

Wow, one of the best episodes this season.

I was truly upset, riveted and wondering what would happen all at the same time.  I really had no idea what would happen with marie. And i think everything came to a good conclusion at the end.

What a terrifying concept to dream of your child dying!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 11:34:26 AM by Jennifer »

Jennifer

« Reply #141 on: February 22, 2007, 11:27:22 AM »

RE: LOST.

Ummmm....no, I didn't know you meant other than what you said.  There are "other places", including the island where they were held, and the island where they are taking Jack and Ben (where their "homes" are really located).

Yes, but during last night's show sawyer made it clear they were on their island, just the other side.

I am curious to see this other island where the Others live.  They have showed us glimpses of the houses. Wasn't it like a real neighborhood. That should be interesting.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #142 on: February 22, 2007, 11:32:28 AM »

This morning I went for a walk, and this is what I saw:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jennifer

« Reply #143 on: February 22, 2007, 11:33:35 AM »

Re: IDOL.

I think the judges complained about: amy, leslie, antonella, jordan, nicole, haley, alaina, and gina. I guess you're right though that paula did say a few good things about some of them. And randy did like gina. But since simon didn't like 8 of them, to me that was a similar number to the guys. Although overall i suppose the girls did better.

It's hard to say who will go. I would say any of: amy, leslie, nicole, haley or alaina. I personally don't really care if any of them go (nor do i care if antonella or jordan or gina go).

For the guys i think any of: rudy, paul kim, nick, jared or aj could go. And i don't care which go.

The only people i want to stay are: blake, phil the 2 guys named chris, lakisha, and melinda.  With my favorites being blake and lakisha.

Apparently they did a little thing on The View today re: american idol. And elisabeth went crazy over blake.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: February 22, 2007, 11:38:48 AM »

DR Music Guy - You're more than welcome to take me to throughout Europe and corrupt me!  Although, at this point, if you'd like to talk to my insurance company and ask them why they're still hedging on whether or not they'll cover the E/R visit I had a few months ago to get the stitches in my left thumb... :-\

In any case...

No matter what DR elmore may say, I'm still corruptible.

To a degree.

Yes, of course you are.  And I'm Marie of Roumania.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #145 on: February 22, 2007, 11:40:51 AM »

Re: IDOL.

I think the judges complained about: amy, leslie, antonella, jordan, nicole, haley, alaina, and gina. I guess you're right though that paula did say a few good things about some of them. And randy did like gina. But since simon didn't like 8 of them, to me that was a similar number to the guys. Although overall i suppose the girls did better.

The "judges" had criticisms for/about everyone.  Well, maybe except for Melinda and LaKisha.  That seems what they think their job is now, to "keep it real".  I think they're just sort of admitting that:

1) They and/or the producers and/or the pre-judges should have made better choices in the preliminary rounds.

and

2) The public really does have the say, so...  Why not be mean, since people will vote for their favorites, regardless.  *You know Antonella's circle probably has some sort of texting "ambush" set up.   ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: February 22, 2007, 11:42:21 AM »

I share DR RONPULLIAM's and BK's frustration with poor customer service. There is no question that customer service in general is much worse than it used to be. However, I see it as partly a management problem--hiring people with little or no experience, poor pay and working conditions, lax supervision. I find that many of the supervisors have low standards and fail to see why a customer would be dissatisfied. I once told a particularly stupid customer service person that I would call back and talk to the computer, because it at least wouldn't be rude. I really think that many people in customer service positions have no idea what constitutes courteous behavior. That, too, is partly down to management: more training is in order.

I now limit my shopping whenever possible to stores/organizations where I've had good experiences, even if it sometimes means paying a bit more. Of course, sometimes you have no choice.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: February 22, 2007, 11:43:06 AM »

I'm just here for the briefest of moments, but i wanted to tell dear Elmo  to have a very safe trip back to NYC and home, and know you are in my thoughts.

Well, thank you, DR MusicGuy!  Tomorrow morning I'll be begging for excellent travel vibes and xylophones.  Now that I'm a responsible estate executor, I feel such a sense of obligation to not let good ol' Bill Ed down.

Tomorrow morning, besides shipping several packages from Fed Ex and the US Post Office, I get to pick up my dad's tax return, sign it, and pay with the first check of the new estate bank account.  Oy!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #148 on: February 22, 2007, 11:44:06 AM »

Yes, of course you are.  And I'm Marie of Roumania.

Well, if the pearls fit...

Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: February 22, 2007, 11:46:17 AM »

OK......

Yea.....

I'd be willing to bet our DR Cason's been the object of many passes from all corners of the globe!  It's only asshole actors like Ken Wahl, Mel Gibson, and Tom Cruise that seem to get bent out of shape over homophobia.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up