Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BRAVO AND THE RASPBERRY  (Read 92526 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:THE BRAVO AND THE RASPBERRY
« Reply #150 on: August 11, 2007, 10:39:46 AM »

I love that whole avatar retrospective of Cason, DR George!

My pleasure. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Miss Karen

« Reply #151 on: August 11, 2007, 10:40:04 AM »

LOL, DR Miss Karen!  I was just wondering if anyone else had HHW dreams - I'm so relieved to find out I'm not the only one!

BTW, fall is my favorite season, too.  May I join the sorority?

Yes!!  And we can celebrate it along with seeing The Brain (and DR ELmo's BD -- if but a few days belatedly) when we're all in NYC this Fall!

George

« Reply #152 on: August 11, 2007, 10:40:17 AM »

Me, too! Awwwwwwwww, Boo-Key in his little white hat that he picked the invisible rabbit out of ... Thanks, Jorge -- what a great photo montage to begin my day (but of course I'm biased!)  ;D

Anytime!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #153 on: August 11, 2007, 10:40:54 AM »

I've often noticed how advertisers think that that's how women spend their summers! All leisure! (Maybe they're all teachers with nothing else to do.)

Most of the teachers I know either get summer jobs or take classes toward higher degrees.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Miss Karen

« Reply #154 on: August 11, 2007, 10:54:59 AM »

Vibes to BK for a great sublet!

BK ~ Do check out nycityliving.com -- you just type in what you're looking for (location, price, date, etc.) and then they get back to you -- plus they have photos and info posted about the sublets on the site. I know I was grumbling (some might say ranting) about the process, but Yaniv, my contact really was good about getting back to me (I reallly was a pest that week -- a call or an email every day with some sort of question and he promptly got back to me -- but his fee rewarded him more than enough considering it was just phone calls, emails and a fax or two).  But the place is great according to Case, the owner has been very nice and talk about location -- I told Yaniv I wanted something close or with easy access to Theatre Row on 42nd street -- and it ends up the place is on 44th and is literally around the corner from the Acorn.  Of course, make sure utilities are included -- or adjust the price accordingly and figure in the fee -- the price listed does not include all of that. Tell Yaniv, Karen sent you -- on second thought, maybe not.  He may run the other way.

George

« Reply #155 on: August 11, 2007, 10:58:09 AM »

Holy MACKLE! Bukowsical opens today!

~~~Opening Night Vibes for Cason and the Cast of Bukowsical!!~~~

George

« Reply #156 on: August 11, 2007, 10:59:33 AM »

~~~Tooth Vibes to DD Bosco!!~~~

Miss Karen

« Reply #157 on: August 11, 2007, 11:09:07 AM »

Good morning dear DR Ciwwa ..... I guess I hadn't realized that you were a "fellow" Prius driver.  I'm on my second one now, and I've never had a car that I liked any better, as far as performance, solidness, quiet insulation, no problems, and of course mileage.

I wonder if any other H/Ks or DRs are also in the Prius fraternity (or sorority, if you prefer) ?

Me! Me! My little egg car is most beloved.

It's white and the older design which I think looks like an egg -- mine is a '02 that I got in January of '03 as a protest to the talk of invading Iraq to look for weapons of mass oil consumption -- I know I shouldn't turn a car choice into a political discussion, but that is a true story. Everything DR MusicGuy says about his, I say ditto about mine. It runs like a top and I'm gonna drive it until it falls apart on me. It is the best car I've ever had -- and my favorite (edging out my college days' VW beetle, which come to think of it looked like an egg, too. )

Miss Karen

« Reply #158 on: August 11, 2007, 11:12:09 AM »

Boy, I'm long-winded today, sorry... okay, maybe that's nothing unusual .. but I'll give you guys a break. I know I need one!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 11:12:39 AM by Miss Karen »

FJL

« Reply #159 on: August 11, 2007, 11:15:17 AM »

What day do you arrive in NYC, Miss Karen?   I want to make sure to have the flour and chiclets ready for your arrival.  
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 11:16:01 AM by FJL »

George

« Reply #160 on: August 11, 2007, 11:15:18 AM »

Me, three!  Love the choices, George!

We aims to please! ;D

George

« Reply #161 on: August 11, 2007, 11:18:28 AM »

Well, I need to get to work and then it's off to Seattle!  Have a good day, all! ;D

Miss Karen

« Reply #162 on: August 11, 2007, 11:18:34 AM »

What day do you arrive in NYC, Miss Karen?   I want to make sure to have the flour and chiclets ready for your arrival.  

Sunday afternoon, Sept. 23.  

Miss Karen

« Reply #163 on: August 11, 2007, 11:21:20 AM »

So...

Has anyone given any thought to the gathering(s) that will take place on September 30?

I'm guessing there might be a dinner that night between Such Good Friends and The Brain from Planet X.

And I'm guessing there might be some sort of soiree after The Brain from Planet X - which may or may not combine with the closing night festivities for the show.  -And when does The Brain have to strike and load out?  That night?  or the next morning?

Just wondrin', plannin'.

I love soirees -- count me in!

Miss Karen

« Reply #164 on: August 11, 2007, 11:22:40 AM »

Sunday afternoon, Sept. 23.  

The first day of "Yay! Fall!"

FJL

« Reply #165 on: August 11, 2007, 11:22:59 AM »

Whose soiree now?

Miss Karen

« Reply #166 on: August 11, 2007, 11:25:45 AM »

Don't forget the odes -- and margaritas on the rocks with salt!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: August 11, 2007, 11:30:54 AM »

BTW, fall is my favorite season, too.  May I join the sorority?

Of course!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: August 11, 2007, 11:34:36 AM »

DR Juls, I mean, Julie ~ I had a dream about posting on HHW last night -- or I think it was this morning after I woke up early (a long story regarding Deuce and a skunk -- and it wasn't Pepe, Francois) and tried to go back to sleep after posting a few musings this earky am. Any way, I was posting a long (surprise) post about you -- a really funny story or so I thought in my dream (but can't remember it now) and I kept referring to you as Juls (Jewels) -- like Juls said this and Juls did that in the story.  That's all.

In re-reading that, it's most lame (and not the gold one) -- but I guess my point is I will now always be thinking of you as Juls when I see your posts. And if you've always hated Juls, I'm sorry I brought it up.

Of course, I'm not JRAND and do not possess a Dream-o-matic in any model, but I would think that Julie's preference for things sparkly would make you think of jewels.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: August 11, 2007, 11:42:04 AM »

Most of the teachers I know either get summer jobs or take classes toward higher degrees.

Yes. And so many of the teachers I used to know complained about low pay and couldn't afford the resorts or extended trips to the beach. Until I moved to the East Coast I'd never met anyone who took month-long vacations. I know a number of people here who do so. My point was that advertisers (and clothing manufacturers) seem to think that women (at least) vacation all summer long. I used to have trouble finding business clothes during the summer; women's summer clothes are all swimsuits and tank tops and such.

Of course, NOW I know I should go shopping with JRAND!

td

• td
« Reply #170 on: August 11, 2007, 11:42:21 AM »

~~~~~~~MISS DIXIE BELL SENDS VIBES TO DD BOSCO~~~~~~~
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: August 11, 2007, 11:48:15 AM »

And where is the beautiful MISS BLUE MOON today?

Miss Karen

« Reply #172 on: August 11, 2007, 11:58:26 AM »

BUKOWSICAL BULLENTIN/ALERT:

(Boo-Key just called from where they're a doing one of those al fresco deals and asked me to post this notice in case any HHWers were considering getting tickets to see him the days he's to be the lawyer.)

As of today, he WON'T be the lawyer on Tuesday the 14th, but WILL BE the lawyer tomorrow (Sunday, the 12th) at the matinee. And then he is still down to be the lawyer for the closing performance.

Not part of the bulletin, just my editor's note: Shoot, I was hoping he was calling to tell me Mr Ego Man Actor's conscience got the best of him and he decided to go be in sis's wedding after all ... no such luck, dang-nab-it!

Actually, to be fair, Cason was saying it's hard to wish the guy away because according to Cason the guy is really great in the part... so I'll cut the carping and wish them all a rousing break-a-leg in a stellar opening night!!

Go BUKOWSICAL !!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: August 11, 2007, 12:00:02 PM »

MISS KAREN, did you see my post about a week ago about HUSTLE (British mini-series)? Given your/our sense of humor, I really do think you'd enjoy it. In the last episode of Season 2, the crown jewels are stolen. Right up your alley, I'd say. Have you noticed how many references you make to jewels? :)

Miss Karen

« Reply #174 on: August 11, 2007, 12:06:07 PM »

Of course, I'm not JRAND and do not possess a Dream-o-matic in any model, but I would think that Julie's preference for things sparkly would make you think of jewels.

Hot-diggity-dog, DR Jeanne, ain't you something?!  Or more formally, "By Jove, I've think you've got it!The brain (both the musical and my actual reference to the cranium) is really amazing. Taking bits, pieces, slivers of things -- and then in your dreams putting them together in some wild montage.  Sparkly, twinkly Julie becomes Juls (Jewels) -- makes sense to me!

I suggest you start a venture with DR JRand -- "The Great JRand and Madame J's Dream-0-Matic Hotline -- The First Minute Free!"

François

« Reply #175 on: August 11, 2007, 12:06:57 PM »

Whose soiree now?

Certainly not Kalmar & Ruby!

François

« Reply #176 on: August 11, 2007, 12:07:25 PM »

Break-a-leg vibes for Cason!

François

« Reply #177 on: August 11, 2007, 12:08:34 PM »

Am I the only one here to long for a "centerfold" of Cason in his Cabaret-MC outfit?

François

« Reply #178 on: August 11, 2007, 12:08:51 PM »

LOVE the rosy cheeks!

Miss Karen

« Reply #179 on: August 11, 2007, 12:10:01 PM »

MISS KAREN, did you see my post about a week ago about HUSTLE (British mini-series)? Given your/our sense of humor, I really do think you'd enjoy it. In the last episode of Season 2, the crown jewels are stolen. Right up your alley, I'd say. Have you noticed how many references you make to jewels? :)

Yes, interesting -- especially considering that I'm not a big jewelry person -- don't own or wear a lot of jewels or jewelry ... hmmmm, must ponder the significance...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17   Go Up