Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: HEALING HANDS  (Read 21990 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:HEALING HANDS
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2005, 02:24:30 PM »

And one for Mahler!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2005, 03:16:03 PM »

Back from a wonderful production of the opera A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM at Juilliard.  One of our friends couldn't make it because of a fall two days ago so we had an extra ticket.  I offered it to my friend Marni Nixon who was outside waiting for her husband to see if he could buy two tickets at the box office.  They had one, so he took it, and Marni was my date for the afternoon.  She's such a fantastic lady, working on her autobiography which is titled something like AUDREY HEPBURN DUBBED MY FACE.

I wasn't crazy about the scenery, but the staging was fun, and the young voices were wonderful, particularly the Demetrius and the coloratura soprano playing Tytania.  All in all, a great afternoon.

DR MBarnum, I'm sorry to hear of Miss Kearney's death.  It was sweet of Charles to give you a call.

DRGeorge, I thought the preview for KING KONG was a lot of fun, and I cannot wait to see it.  The dinosaurs had me as much in thrall as their bones do at the Museum of Natural History, and the design for the film looks wonderful.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jason

« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2005, 03:16:12 PM »

Back in from seeing our very own Judy Kaye in SOUVENIR. She was hilarious.

And now I'm starving, so I'm off to forrage for some food...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2005, 03:21:11 PM »

Did my little errand, ate a very lite meal (in terms of calories - very filling, but only about three hundred  calories, all told).   We'll see how I do the rest of the day.  Finished Howl's Moving Castle, and am now beginning Hara Kiri, and then, perhaps, depending on my mood, I may watch Nick Roeg's Bad Timing.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2005, 03:21:35 PM »

Then again, I may just watch Howl's Moving Castle for a second time.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2005, 03:21:49 PM »

Then again...

MBarnum

« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2005, 03:41:50 PM »

Freddy's new sister, Hildegard "Hildy" Barnum....

MBarnum

« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2005, 03:42:44 PM »

Hildy enjoying her new life!

MBarnum

« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2005, 03:43:47 PM »

Hildy and Freddy on a lazy Sunday morning...couldn't get either one of them to get out of bed!

MBarnum

« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2005, 03:45:15 PM »

Hildy's Humane Society buddy and now cousin, Digger with Digger's parents James and Mark.

Cillaliz

« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2005, 03:51:05 PM »

Re the sensitive stomach dog food -  When Dylan had to be on it for a while, he actually enjoyed it more than the regular food (which even he would tell you he enjoys immensely).  It looked so yummy that Toby wanted some of what Dylan was having, so we had to mix some of the sensitive-stomach food in with Toby's regular food so that Toby wouldn't get upset.

I give my cats sensitive stomach dry food. They love it. They both have occasional problems with nervouse stomachs.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2005, 04:01:05 PM »

MBARNUM ---HILDY is SOOOO cute!!!  I'm so glad her check-up went well.

Tomovoz

« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2005, 04:02:48 PM »

Thank you for the pics DR Michael Barnum.  Cute.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2005, 04:03:55 PM »

On another pet note, I have decided to take Callie and Nilla with me to my parents' house for Thanksgiving.  I haven't taken them anywhere since I found my catsitter about a year ago, but the dinner and crowd will be at my brother's house and for the first time in ages....no guest dogs at my parents' house during a holiday.  

So, it looks like I'll be taking them.  I have to watch the weather, it might get bad either Wednesday night or Thursday morning so I"ll be going whichever isn't too bad.  I haven't had a chance to spend time with my parents in awhile without the entire family there.   The plan right now is to leave here on Wednesday night and stay until Saturday morning, but if the cats are with me I may stay until Sunday.    

« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 04:09:19 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2005, 04:12:16 PM »

Think I'll go get some left over turkey roast and apple/onion dressing.  Tonight I'm going to add homemade cranberry sauce to the mix.

td

• td
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2005, 04:22:24 PM »

Thanks for the wonderful pictures of your newest friend, MBarnum!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Ginny

« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2005, 04:39:28 PM »

Sunday greetings, all!  My day started rather oddly:  at a routine appointment last Monday, my doctor suggested a couple of tests that have to be done at the local hospital, one of which had to be scheduled.  When the nurse called to make the appointment, they didn't have any of the times I'd requested, but did have 8am today.  So, I was there at 7:45 this morning, duly tested, and back home by 8:15.  

Slept for a couple of hours and then went to the matinee of The Full Monty at Dayton's Victoria Theater.  Richard and I had a quick supper at Panera Bread and did most of our Thanksgiving grocery shopping on the way home.  We're having 13 for sure on Thursday, maybe 14 or 15.

Now, I'm off to watch Warm Springs.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2005, 05:33:11 PM »

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?  I'm watching Hara Kiri - and if this lackadaisacal posting day keeps up, I may COMMIT hara kiri.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2005, 05:46:26 PM »

Great photos, Mr. Barnum!  I especially loved the one of Digger; although, frankly, I didn't notice Digger in the picture for quite a while.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jed

« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2005, 05:46:36 PM »

Things in Tacoma are gray and overcast.  However, in less than one hour, the sun will shine brightly, because I will get to watch an entire game of my beloved Seahawks.

Lucky for you they held on for the win.  Otherwise, I would have had to ban you from watching any more this season!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2005, 05:48:12 PM »

Lovely pictures from DR MBARNUM of DEAR DOG HILDY!

Sympathies on the passing of Miss Kearney?  Didn't FILMFAX just publish your interview with her in a recent issue?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2005, 05:49:25 PM »

DR MS have fun in the BIG APPLE and take lots of pictures.

Congratulations to DR FJL and CO on their success with THE LAST STARFIGHTER - congrats also to new label KRITZERLAND!!  WOW - a number one record with this new release!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2005, 05:51:21 PM »

Watching the new POSEIDON ADVENTURE....almost 55 minutes in and NOTHING is happening.  There are a lot of things wrong with it, including an unnecessary terrorist subplot....I don't know what will cause the disaster, but if it's terrorists and NOT nature, the whole story changes.

Typical of the "re-working" - the kids' parents are on board, squabbling; Mike Rogo is a single man working for Homeland Security; and Belle Rosen is a widow!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2005, 05:51:25 PM »

JFL congratulations on the LAST STARFIGHTER rating.  I’m sure everyone is enjoying it as much as I am.

Like George & elmore, I’m looking forward to KING KONG.  The previews were exciting.  

MBarnum I’m sorry for your loss and glad you have a bit of extra comfort at home.  Hildy looks very happy.  Thanks for posting all the super cute photos.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2005, 05:52:50 PM »

Yep DR GEORGE it seemed to me from the television promos that KK is to be a period piece - and I like a lot of the people in the cast, so we shall see.

Slow SLow SLOW day at the bookstore today, but I did get a prototype of the website finished:

www.worldofwisdombooks.zoomshare.com

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: November 20, 2005, 05:53:05 PM »

I almost ended up divorcing my beloved Seahawks, but they did manage to squeak out a win.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jed

« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2005, 05:53:51 PM »

Watching the new POSEIDON ADVENTURE....almost 55 minutes in and NOTHING is happening.  There are a lot of things wrong with it, including an unnecessary terrorist subplot....I don't know what will cause the disaster, but if it's terrorists and NOT nature, the whole story changes.

Typical of the "re-working" - the kids' parents are on board, squabbling; Mike Rogo is a single man working for Homeland Security; and Belle Rosen is a widow!

Ugh.  Another for me to avoid.

Jane

« Reply #117 on: November 20, 2005, 05:54:31 PM »

Jed is Ann home with you?  I'm reading the news about the Tacoma Mall shootings.

Jane

« Reply #118 on: November 20, 2005, 05:55:29 PM »

TCB I was relieved to know you were safe watching your Seahawks and not at the music store.

Jed

« Reply #119 on: November 20, 2005, 05:59:05 PM »

Jed is Ann home with you?  I'm reading the news about the Tacoma Mall shootings.

She just walked in the door from the gym... and I'm now looking for a news update, as this is the first I've heard of it!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up