Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BURNING THE MIDNIGHT OIL  (Read 20955 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: BURNING THE MIDNIGHT OIL
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2011, 10:07:56 AM »

DR elmore I hope you feel better!!!

Ginny

« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2011, 10:09:21 AM »

From Ginny:
I do like the color of Amy Adams' dress - I'm thinking something in that color for my mother-of-the-groom dress.

It would be a beautiful color on you.

Thanks, DR Jane.  I have a couple of things in that color and always get compliments when I wear them.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2011, 10:10:48 AM »

Who knows DR JANE.....but it was the same people who thought Franco and Hathaway would be dynamite hosts.

I think Anne Hathaway is a very lovely person and if she had shared the hosting duties with maybe three other socialable and substantial stars, I wouldn't have minded her flightiness so much.  But having to carry the entire evening on her shoulders (alone, as it turned out) did not work for me.

Mr. Franco, on the other hand, plainly did not want to be there from the get-go and I would have gladly granted his wish.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2011, 10:11:20 AM »

Brrr, I left here for my doctor's appointment dressed for yesterday's weather - 60o and sunny.  When I came home, I changed into a sweatshirt, turtleneck, and heavy jeans, because the temps are dropping.  That must have been a cold front moving in when it stormed earlier.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2011, 10:11:23 AM »

Keith's arm, shoulder & neck are very sore from pounding an over-sized ice pick on the road for two hours yesterday.  Now he can drive to the gym today and work his muscles more, as if the last few days of shoveling & pounding weren't enough exercise.

Jane

« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2011, 10:14:15 AM »

Who knows DR JANE.....but it was the same people who thought Franco and Hathaway would be dynamite hosts.

I think Anne Hathaway is a very lovely person and if she had shared the hosting duties with maybe three other socialable and substantial stars, I wouldn't have minded her flightiness so much.  But having to carry the entire evening on her shoulders (alone, as it turned out) did not work for me.

Mr. Franco, on the other hand, plainly did not want to be there from the get-go and I would have gladly granted his wish.

I expect she was exhausted having to be so darn perky the entire time.

Jane

« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2011, 10:15:02 AM »

From Ginny:
I do like the color of Amy Adams' dress - I'm thinking something in that color for my mother-of-the-groom dress.

Thanks, DR Jane.  I have a couple of things in that color and always get compliments when I wear them.

Best of vibes you find the perfect dress for the wedding in that color blue!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2011, 10:17:57 AM »

Thank you all for the vibes! The queasiness has finally settled down, and I think I will have some soup for lunch.

Comedian Andy Borowitz has a great new headline this week:
http://www.borowitzreport.com/
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2011, 10:20:08 AM »

After some research on the inner web this morning - and as DR CP pointed out - Dame Helen Mirren has not made the anti-American statements I thought she had - and indeed is married to an American and considers herself - if anything - an anti-Monarchist.

So I was incorrect last night.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2011, 10:20:56 AM »

Very funny DR ELMORE. :)

Jane

« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2011, 10:23:23 AM »

Thank you all for the vibes! The queasiness has finally settled down, and I think I will have some soup for lunch.

Comedian Andy Borowitz has a great new headline this week:
http://www.borowitzreport.com/

I'm glad you are feeling better.

Cute while sad. :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2011, 10:27:41 AM »

I got another couple hours sleep, which was a good thing.

Jane

« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2011, 10:31:26 AM »

I'm glad I have my physical therapists cell number as I couldn't reach him my email or on his office phone.  I was hoping to change my afternoon appointment to this morning.  Now I know I'm walking Sherlock this morning.  I go out with Keith so he can drive and go to the walking path, which I expect is ice free, while Keith is at the gym.   

I'll decide later if I will risk driving back from my PT appointment.  I need to go to therapy as it helps my shoulder, however, because of my shoulder I'm hesitant to drive the car if I need both arms on the steering wheel to control it if I hit ice.

Laura

« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2011, 10:32:15 AM »

I filled seven garbage bags. I need to get more bags.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2011, 10:39:10 AM »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2011, 10:50:36 AM »

The mac mail program is completely spazzing out this morning.  I may just stop using it, because what should work well doesn't.  It used to, but it just gets worse and worse.  I used to think the problems were all because whatever servers are in use, i.e. AOL, gmail, roadrunner, were glitching or not working, but that isn't the case now.  I tried five times this morning to move stuff to either the trash or a saved folder and each time everything was put right back into the current mail list.  I finally got it all moved after the mail program quit.  I restarted and it was fine.  Then I tried to respond to an e-mail and it wouldn't do it.  Then I responded to another e-mail and it did it.  Then I went back to the original e-mail and responded again - it wouldn't do it.  It's just too annoyingly annoying.

Jennifer

« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2011, 10:55:02 AM »

From Ginny:

I loved the color of that dress. But not sure if i liked the sleeves. And did not like it with that necklace. But what a beautiful color!

Jennifer

« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2011, 10:55:57 AM »

Vibes for DRs Elmore and td!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2011, 10:56:49 AM »

Maybe it's an APPLE conspiracy.

Jennifer

« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2011, 10:58:35 AM »

DR jane i ended up going swimming this morning. I only did about 6 lengths of front crawl cause that is what put the most stress on my shoulder.

The breast stroke) which i normally do not do felt much better. So i did that much of the time. I was also able to swim on my back with a flutterboard behind my head. And I was able to swim on my front with a flutterboard.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2011, 11:03:54 AM »

Good.  Vibes your shoulder doesn't hurt this afternoon!!   I too would prefer to do the crawl instead of the breast stroke.  Only time will tell if my right shoulder can ever do that motion again.  My therapist said he can't increase the stretch of my arm & shoulder.  I am better than most people who have had the same surgery.

Cillaliz

« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2011, 11:08:04 AM »

DR Cilla congratulations on your big win!!!

Thanks, I'm still trying to figure out how to collect it.   It's on our paper's website, but it's through some company called UPickum or something like that.  The rules say I'm supposed to get an email, but no email yet.   I may call my friend at the paper and see if he can give me some advice

Jennifer

« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2011, 11:09:53 AM »

While catching up on last night's posts, here are some comments:

re: the interviewers.  I watched the pre-show on E! so i didn't have to sit through crappy interviews. It was only Ryan Seacrest (who I think is very good at these types of interviews).

I thought Hailee Steinfeld looked sweet and age-appropriate. I did not like Jennifer Hudson's tangerine dress (didn't hate it just didn't like the color or the bustline). I liked Cate Blanchett's dress (pink) but didn't love it. Hillary Swank - very nice. Halle Berry -stunning!  Really liked Gwyneth Paltrow's dress. Didn't care for Nicole Kidman's dress. I really liked Natalie Portman's purple dress. And liked her hair down. Did not like her other award looks this year.

Red dresses - liked Jennifer Lawrence -simple but beautiful. Liked Anne Hathaway's red carpet dress. Sandra Bullock's was nice. But i liked the first two better. Liked Penelope Cruz's too (and she just had a baby!).

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2011, 11:13:25 AM »

Good.  Vibes your shoulder doesn't hurt this afternoon!!   I too would prefer to do the crawl instead of the breast stroke.  Only time will tell if my right shoulder can ever do that motion again.  My therapist said he can't increase the stretch of my arm & shoulder.  I am better than most people who have had the same surgery.

I can do the movement (of front crawl) and it doesn't kill. It just doesn't feel right. I kept having to rub my arm.

Jennifer

« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2011, 11:14:23 AM »

Here TAR was on at 7pm. So i recorded the E! rec carpet from 6-8pm but was still able to watch TAR.

I can't wait for Fashion Police tonight at 10pm (On E!) with Joan Rivers. Should be fun. Love her.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2011, 11:21:57 AM »

DR Cilla congratulations on your big win!!!

Thanks, I'm still trying to figure out how to collect it.   It's on our paper's website, but it's through some company called UPickum or something like that.  The rules say I'm supposed to get an email, but no email yet.   I may call my friend at the paper and see if he can give me some advice

UPickum sounds better than Cheatum and Bilkum.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2011, 11:25:19 AM »

Dewey Cheatum & Howe

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2011, 12:02:18 PM »

Dewey Cheatum & Howe

I think the Macbeths use their legal advice.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2011, 12:08:21 PM »

I had to get to work today earlier than I normally do.  I had a meeting with one of our vendor reps.  I got here in time and the meeting went well...it was mainly him telling us what's new with their company.  That was my morning. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2011, 12:08:38 PM »

And now, since we're so close...
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up