Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: PINS AND NEEDLES  (Read 45722 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:PINS AND NEEDLES
« Reply #330 on: April 10, 2007, 07:30:27 PM »

YEP!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #331 on: April 10, 2007, 07:31:39 PM »

Nowhere near caught up, but I'm getting hungry and I think der B must be famished as well.

Ham steaks, carrots, and polenta (that's Italian for grits!).
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #332 on: April 10, 2007, 07:34:40 PM »

Step one: simmer the carrots in orange juice.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #333 on: April 10, 2007, 07:38:34 PM »

I recently had a situation with a good friend who got just too much into my business, then started dictating to me. I had to break off the friendship, which I hated to do as this person is going through a very difficult time right now and needs support. After a break of several weeks, I'm trying to reestablish the friendship on a much more distant basis. I hate having to break friendships--I always try to keep them in some form. And I really dislike having to be very direct and very firm--the "hit them between the eyes" approach. So, I guess that I, too, would like to hear of others' ways of handling such situations.

You're assuming that DR RP considers the person he is dealing with to be a friend.  The problem is, the person he is dealing with is also assuming friendship.

I think he's more realistic than that.  The co-worker is a co-worker.  Fin.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #334 on: April 10, 2007, 07:41:31 PM »

nothjing- is that a word?
It is a neologism.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #335 on: April 10, 2007, 07:41:48 PM »

Step one: simmer the carrots in orange juice.

Why?  What did the carrots ever do to you?
“One thing’s universal,

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #336 on: April 10, 2007, 07:44:30 PM »

MusicGuy, I've pencilled in the dinner and am available.

Oh, HUZZAH dear BK....you must scrimp and atone and deny yourself and be generally as if you were wearing a hair shirt AND eating bitter herbs for several days before our festive dinner.  So that no courses will be skipped, and no foods will be passed by!!

Now... as long as the vivacious and studly DR MichaelB doesn't let us down, it will be a truly splendid fete !

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #337 on: April 10, 2007, 07:47:49 PM »

Then I'll return for a little while, then be on my way to meet with the LACC president - at the House Of Pies!
Be good.  No throwing.

Jennifer

« Reply #338 on: April 10, 2007, 07:50:21 PM »

Tonight's AMERICAN IDOL.

I'm curious what you guys thought of sanjaya.

I can't believe j lo seemed to love him.

I will say this though. He was good in his original audition. And even though he annoys me a lot, he must be able to get back that something he had originally.

If he had done this performance 5 weeks ago i probably would have liked it. But i just seem to cringe whenever i watch him now.  BUt i agree with simon. It wasn't horrible. It was actually the best he's done in these elimination rounds.

It was interesting to see simon complain about melinda for the first time. I really think she has the best voice. But i must say i just find her slightly boring. And i just don't know if i would want to watch her in a concert performaing song after song.

As for lakisha, i loved her in the beginning. But i'm liking her less each week.

My fav is still blake. I just cannot wait to see what he does every week. And i was very pleased that simon said he was the best of the night. That is really something when you have such good singers.

I think haley has to be the one out this week. I hope it's her and sanjaya.

Jennifer

« Reply #339 on: April 10, 2007, 07:53:35 PM »

RE: tonight's DANCING WITH THE STARS.

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

Yeah my 2 favorites are the first two teams safe!

Well i did think joey fatone did the best dance last night. Although he was in a boy band where they did lots of dance moves. So even though he was out of shape, he still had quite a bit of training.

So the 2 teams safe are apolo and juliane and billy ray and karina. I really love both of those pros as well.

I am quite sure joey will be safe. The only other team i am really rooting for is heather.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 07:58:56 PM by Jennifer »

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #340 on: April 10, 2007, 07:56:12 PM »

And now, I'm off to a few evening things to attend to.  I'm glad that the Boo-key is safely back in lala land, and I also hope everything is going splendidly for my favorite pianist working in theatres these days.........

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #341 on: April 10, 2007, 07:56:51 PM »

The Boo-Key has landed -- he just pulled up to his apartment, so he's back in LA.  Thanks for all the good HHW travel vibes -- they worked perfectly, again!
A-ha!  So yours was the winning bid for the Wicked Witch of the West's Crystal Ball on e-Bay!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #342 on: April 10, 2007, 07:58:30 PM »

Just read muse Margaret the little fixes and she thought they were fine, and now we are finished with this book.  One section, the one where I added about a paragraph, is much better now - there was just a little leap the reader had to make, and I got rid of the leap and spelled out what she felt was missing (having to do with a character who was skeptical suddenly believing what said character is being told).  It really helped, and it was very simple to do.  Otherwise, I added one sentence about twenty pages before that, and changed one word to another near the end of the book.

I went to Staples to print and velo-bind two copies, and that place is just falling apart and getting completely pathetic.  Their velo-bind machine is broken, and their replacement machine is broken and he was just too too busy to even print the pages even if the machines had been working.  I'll be going in tomorrow morning, when someone I know is there and seeing what's what, before I get a manager to deal with it.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #343 on: April 10, 2007, 08:01:10 PM »

...(And Fox News is my only BLOCKED channel....I don't even want dust mites to accidentally punch it in).
DR Ron Pulliam - protector of dust mite sensibilities!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #344 on: April 10, 2007, 08:01:20 PM »

RE: tonight's DANCING WITH THE STARS.

SPOILERS

Isn't this the results show that you were watching?  Why don't you know if Joey is safe?  Personally, I think John is gone.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 08:02:53 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #345 on: April 10, 2007, 08:09:10 PM »

Quote from: bk on Today at 04:05:49pm
I actively seek out people who'll impose upon my well-being and serenity JUST so I can hurt their feelings.

So do I. (Must be a first name thing)

der Brucer

And I'm still here.

:-*

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #346 on: April 10, 2007, 08:10:43 PM »

Did I say serenity?  I meant people who impose on my senilty.  

I often forget about my senility.

:)
I detest people who impose on my salinity.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #347 on: April 10, 2007, 08:13:02 PM »

Drove to a favorite but not often-shopped-at store today only to discover that it is no longer in business.  Ruined my shopping day even though I went to a similar NEW place and a couple of other places.  

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
I thought you got all your dresses from Good Will!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #348 on: April 10, 2007, 08:18:27 PM »

Yikes!  When the pool is the highest rated thing, that's never a good sign...
That depends on who is in the pool.

And whether or not it is clothing optional.

And exactly who is in the pool, clothing optional, which is not always a good thing.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #349 on: April 10, 2007, 08:21:46 PM »

Der Brucer is complaining that he's HUNGRY!!!

Time to check on those carrots again.

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #350 on: April 10, 2007, 08:35:44 PM »

Went to the dentist for my cleaning, now my smile is all sparkly...each day brings me closer to having my wisdom teeth removed, but I try not to think about it.

At some time after my tooth removal I will get clear braces for the front teeth,  I only have 3 crooked teeth, not bad.
Also a serious whitening is in my future.
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #351 on: April 10, 2007, 08:36:46 PM »

HELLO CASON, WELCOME BACK!! :):):):):)
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #352 on: April 10, 2007, 08:40:47 PM »

HELLO ADRIANA!!!

I've missed you guys...
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Cillaliz

« Reply #353 on: April 10, 2007, 08:46:33 PM »

DR Cillaliz, the interviews with those eliminated from TAR are quite good at theamazingracesucks.com.  I believe that these questions are submitted by the forum members (those obcessed with the show).  There have been interviews with all the teams. And there have been very interesting clues about the editing. You should read them because you would not believe some of things you will learn about the show.

I personally find it to be fascinating to learn how the show really works.

Here are a few of the interviews with the eliminated teams:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/interview-joe-baldassare-and-bill-bartek-talk-about-all-stars-4944.php

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/interview-teri-and-ian-pollack-discuss-their-amazing-race-journey-4907.php

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/interview-rob-and-amber-talk-about-their-amazing-wipeout-4833.php

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/interview--david-and-mary-conley-voice-no-all-stars-regrets-4797.php
Thanks DR Jennifer - I didn't realize how sleep deprived everyone is

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #354 on: April 10, 2007, 08:47:14 PM »

Gilford might be a litrtle old. How about Austin Pendleton?

He might also be a little too dead.

I love Austin Pendleton, though!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #355 on: April 10, 2007, 08:49:44 PM »

DR Edisaurus, might S&V ever get picked up for DVD distribution?  Sorry if this was already asked & answered...

No, DR Singdaw, it hasn't been either. It is scheduled to be released in August by our theatrical distributor: www.firstrunfeatures.com  
where you can also view the trailer.

They distributed our last film on DVD, and several DR's were kind enough to purchase it!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #356 on: April 10, 2007, 08:51:15 PM »

Then I'll return for a little while, then be on my way to meet with the LACC president - at the House Of Pies!

H.O.P.! Now there's an LA landmark we didn't make---and DH had a craving for lemon pie the whole time, since we were driving a custard-colored PT Cruiser!

Edisaurus

« Reply #357 on: April 10, 2007, 08:52:34 PM »

JRand, I got The Advocate today. Thanks so much! Would you like me to Xerox and send it back to you? That's quite a find!

More HHW wonderfulness!

Edisaurus

« Reply #358 on: April 10, 2007, 09:00:39 PM »

Interesting that like YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN, the film was shot on color stock but printed in black and white.

I never knew that about Y.F.. Very interesting!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 09:35:08 PM by Edisaurus »

Edisaurus

« Reply #359 on: April 10, 2007, 09:02:10 PM »

Thanks for the horn :)

In the words of my little French boy:

"Horn him! Horn him!"
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16   Go Up