Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Down

Author Topic: PINS AND NEEDLES  (Read 45725 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re:PINS AND NEEDLES
« Reply #360 on: April 10, 2007, 09:05:32 PM »

You're assuming that DR RP considers the person he is dealing with to be a friend.  The problem is, the person he is dealing with is also assuming friendship.

I think he's more realistic than that.  The co-worker is a co-worker.  Fin.

No, DR WOODY, I understand that the walker wannabe is a co-worker, not a friend. I just prefer to take the nice approach first, then only escalate when I have to. Some people really are quite sensitive and will back off immediately. I doubt that the co-worker is totally obtuse. And besides, it's helpful to get along with co-workers.

My second post related to a situation where the offending person really IS a friend, and one I hate to lose. But he just really stepped over the line. Long, involved story and no need to go into it here. Just difficult when someone you do care about and don't wish to hurt puts you in a position that is simply untenable.

Cillaliz

« Reply #361 on: April 10, 2007, 09:10:50 PM »

Ya know, Kirstie Alley still looks kind of--er--not skinny to me, but i kind of like her shape.  She has a very 50's-ish kind of figure.  I think we talked about it a while back--zaftig?

Now she will do the same thing for Valerie Bertenelli!

I could take 50 punds off of Valerie Bertenelli but taking her out of those huge tops and mumus and putting her in something that fits.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #362 on: April 10, 2007, 09:12:32 PM »

the accompanist could barely figure that one out as well...

Next time you would be wise to import DR Jose as your own personal accompanist.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cillaliz

« Reply #363 on: April 10, 2007, 09:20:33 PM »

DR Jhvw will be here tomorrow. His schedule is pretty crazy. He should be here mid afternoon and will be leaving by about 6:30 AM on Thursday so he can get to an interview later in the day.  I am taking off the whole day. Tomorrow morning to clean, do laundry etc and the afternoon to spend time with Jon.

Edisaurus

« Reply #364 on: April 10, 2007, 09:22:23 PM »

Now that I'm back in Atlanta, I have two new credit cards to replace the ones stolen by the chinchy bassa.

So now I can open a new PayPal account.

So now I can order my Creature CD.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #365 on: April 10, 2007, 09:23:56 PM »

No, DR WOODY, I understand that the walker wannabe is a co-worker, not a friend. I just prefer to take the nice approach first, then only escalate when I have to. Some people really are quite sensitive and will back off immediately. I doubt that the co-worker is totally obtuse. And besides, it's helpful to get along with co-workers.

My second post related to a situation where the offending person really IS a friend, and one I hate to lose. But he just really stepped over the line. Long, involved story and no need to go into it here. Just difficult when someone you do care about and don't wish to hurt puts you in a position that is simply untenable.
From DR RP's posts, it is clear to me that the co-worker is a serial imposer.  Being nice simply makes things worse.  If you want to wimp out in these situations, that is your choice.  But often the best way to say no is to say it clearly and forcefully.

And if she insists on continuing, file a sexual harassment charge.  This woman is sick, and RP deserves better treatment than that.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Edisaurus

« Reply #366 on: April 10, 2007, 09:24:00 PM »

STUDIES IN RELAXATION 102

« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 09:24:18 PM by Edisaurus »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #367 on: April 10, 2007, 09:24:39 PM »

Good grief, I just said RP deserves better treatment.  What is the world coming to?   :-\
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #368 on: April 10, 2007, 09:25:54 PM »

"The cat's meow!" says der B!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #369 on: April 10, 2007, 09:27:44 PM »

The carrots came out fantastic, with a nice glaze of orange, brown sugar, and ginger.

Good ham slice.

And I'm going to revisit the polenta for breakfast tomorrow.

Edisaurus

« Reply #370 on: April 10, 2007, 09:27:50 PM »

They have us booked at a hotel. Here is a link to a site that reviews hotels. I sent the head office the link but have not heard back yet.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g33043-d556826-Reviews-Plaza_Hotel_Santa_Ana-Santa_Ana_California.html

DR Laura, I take TripAdvisor with a grain of salt. People seem to write in and comment mostly when they've had a bad experience. When i was looking for a NY hotel, I felt like no place was safe after reading that site! Hotels that I love, like The Edison, sounded like a real pit! Everything's relative, I think, so don't be afraid if something has a bad review.

Edisaurus

« Reply #371 on: April 10, 2007, 09:28:17 PM »

DR Cason, ahem...you're home just in time to see Sacco and Vanzetti in LA!

Cillaliz

« Reply #372 on: April 10, 2007, 09:31:02 PM »

Mom's finally home, I can sleep now    ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #373 on: April 10, 2007, 09:35:36 PM »

Work was interesting. I think my boss sent the other lawyer the email I sent him yesterday.  We had a conflict of interest between 2 clients, one was mine and one was the other lawyers'.  He just didn't get that it was a real problem, so I called my boss who also clearly didn't understand from the email I sent.  It didn't take long on the phone before he got what I was talkking about.  Bottom line - we are getting off of both cases (the ethical thing to do) but I can't believe what I had to go through to get that done. It was so obvious, but the other lawyer didn't want to get off his case.  Not sure he understands ethics
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 09:37:00 PM by Cillaliz »

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #374 on: April 10, 2007, 09:36:17 PM »

Edisaurus, I found three or four travel sites, and ALL of them have bad reviews for this place.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Edisaurus

« Reply #375 on: April 10, 2007, 09:42:25 PM »

Guess who has an office two blocks from the Music Hall theatre where we premiered the film?

And guess who has contacted us and asked us for a copy?

Brad Pitt!

Cillaliz

« Reply #376 on: April 10, 2007, 09:43:16 PM »

Guess who has an office two blocks from the Music Hall theatre where we premiered the film?

Brad Pitt!

Cool beans!!

Edisaurus

« Reply #377 on: April 10, 2007, 09:43:24 PM »

Edisaurus, I found three or four travel sites, and ALL of them have bad reviews for this place.

Uh oh...time to book your own room! At least you will be the one person with a comfortable stay. Gee, didn't these people do their homework?

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #378 on: April 10, 2007, 09:45:15 PM »

DR Cason, ahem...you're home just in time to see Sacco and Vanzetti in LA!

When and where is it showing?
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #379 on: April 10, 2007, 09:45:17 PM »

Glad to see that DRs Elmore and Cason got home safely. All the chicks are back snugly in their coops, so all is right with the world!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #380 on: April 10, 2007, 09:46:32 PM »

Brad Pitt!

Yes!--Very Cool!  

I wonder if he'll see himself as Sacco or Vanzetti?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #381 on: April 10, 2007, 09:46:51 PM »

Saw the mini-review of S&V in ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY this morning, DR Edi. Congratulations!

Matt H.

« Reply #382 on: April 10, 2007, 09:48:01 PM »

I spent the early part of the evening finishing all of the remainder of the special features on the La HAINE DVD. There were four deleted/edited scenes, some home movies taken on the eve of shooting, and a brief stills gallery.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #383 on: April 10, 2007, 09:48:44 PM »

edisaurus, check out the new list of CD titles - it's in yesterday and the day before's first page of posts.

Matt H.

« Reply #384 on: April 10, 2007, 09:49:03 PM »

To bring me up to the beginning of prime time, I watched the "making of" documentary on the EASTER PARADE second disc. Nice but not exceptional.

Cillaliz

« Reply #385 on: April 10, 2007, 09:50:51 PM »

I went to see the rental agent for the new office today. She has to get the owner of the building to sign off on a lease and it just isn't a priority for him so he hasn't gotten to it yet.  She keeps apologizing for not getting it done etc. She really feels bad.  She's promising a lease by the end of the month. No problem there.  That's plenty of time.

The good part is they cleaned the carpet in the new office and they aren't happy with it, so if I'll sign a 2 year lease, they will give me new carpet! 2 years is nothing and will be long enough for me to know if I need more space.   So it will be freshly painted with new carpet and they are going to put a mail slot into the wall to the hallway so I can let my post office box go and have the mail delivered to the office.  

We measured the office and the agent said that she isn't allowed to take lessees along to pick out carpet, but wondered what color I would like etc. I think she understands exactly what I want.  

Matt H.

« Reply #386 on: April 10, 2007, 09:54:23 PM »

As for tonight's IDOL: an off-night, I thought. No one did exceptional work, but two people did solid professional jobs: Blake and Melinda. Blake was the best he's ever been, and Melinda was her usual smooth, professional, elegant self.

Everyone else had problems of one kind of another. LaKisha had breathing problems and let the backup singers cover for her - not cool. Haley did that as well but with less secure vocals than LaKisha. Poor Phil's voice had a horrible crack near the end, and CHris's was a very "pitchy" performance, something he didn't get nailed for as he should have been.

Jordin's vibrato seemed erratic and her pitch verged on the sharp in her upper register, and Sanjaya, well, it was a touch better than most everything he's sung, but there's still nothing much there.

I think maybe Phil may go home this week and Haley saved due to her hot pants. Chris Richardson may also be in trouble.

For the first time in the competition, I voted tonight. About 1/3 of the time for Melinda and 2/3 of the time for Blake.

Matt H.

« Reply #387 on: April 10, 2007, 09:55:38 PM »

HOUSE had two very intriguing cases, and I was baffled by both of them. The one on the plane was especially riveting due to the lack of equipment to do proper testing and analysis. Very good episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #388 on: April 10, 2007, 09:56:35 PM »

THE SHIELD also continued to grip my attention solidly. We say goodbye, at least for now, to Forest Whitaker, but there's still plenty of trouble around the corner for Vic and company.

Matt H.

« Reply #389 on: April 10, 2007, 09:57:27 PM »

Tomorrow, I should be able to watch tonight's BOSTON LEGAL. DR derBrucer was correct about the two LAW & ORDER shows having reruns tonight. I was glad so that will leave time open tomorrow to watch things I haven't seen before.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Up