Archives > Archive 22

THE THREE STAGES

(1/29) > >>

bk:
Well, you've read the notes, the notes were in three stages, and now it is time for you to post until the three cows come home.

bk:
And the word of the day is: CUMSHAW!

George:
Matthew, you are correct.  Terrence Mann was the rock star with all the cash on "Smash."

George:
I was just about to post this in yesterday's notes, but I wasn't quick enough...so here it is for Larry:

--- Quote from: George on April 09, 2012, 04:49:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: elmore3003 on April 09, 2012, 04:09:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: George on April 09, 2012, 04:03:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: elmore3003 on April 09, 2012, 02:59:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: George on April 09, 2012, 02:24:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: George on April 09, 2012, 01:54:03 PM ---I just received four, count 'em FOUR CDs today!  Fortunately, I actually ordered them, so it's a good thing.  Anyway, I just received from Dresscircle.co.uk, the new Sweeney Todd with Michael Ball and Imelda Staunton,...
--- End quote ---

Well, I'm listening to Sweeney Todd right now and for the most part, I like Michael Ball and Imelda Staunton.  HOWEVER, they didn't include "Green Finch and Linnet Bird" and the guy playing Anthony is a breathy singer. :P

There's also a bit of whisper/talking...they are definitely performing for the microphones.  And like something else that BK mentioned, the singers are very far forward in the mix.  The "orchestra" is hard to hear at times.  It's very much like a Teeny Todd.

--- End quote ---

How did you like the ootleg-bay?

--- End quote ---

Oved-lay it!!  I will definitely listen to that again after this. ;D

--- End quote ---

I know it's more complete than the ew recording, but is it better?

I just learned that Josh Dallas, the Prince in the series ONCE UPON A TIME, has a musical theatre past: in London, he played Gaby in thEnglish National Opera production of ON THE  TOWN and Tony, the title role in THE BOY FRIEND.

--- End quote ---

Actually, I just realized that I forgot to bring the complete recording here to work, so I'll check when I get home and compare.  I thought that I had it with me, but I don't.  I hate it when that happens.

--- End quote ---

I haven't listened to the whole thing, but I listened to "Green Finch" (things like "how is itchu sing" always drive me crazy) and Anthony's "Johanna."  He's much less breathy than on the recording (singing live in a performance helps, although he also sings things like "wontchu give" and "lookatchu" :P).  Otherwise, the whole thing sounds pretty good.  I really just missed so much from the official (single-disc) recording, so I'm sure that I'll listen to this much more than that.

Michael:
good morning to all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version