Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FIFTH BRAIN  (Read 48278 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:THE FIFTH BRAIN
« Reply #270 on: September 28, 2007, 02:54:21 PM »

We were without power & phone service much of the day.  Fortunately the power didn't go out until after I got out of the shower.  I couldn’t dry my hair but it wasn’t too cold in the house without the heater on.  Yes, we need the heat.  It was cold, wet & windy this morning.  

Kerry

« Reply #271 on: September 28, 2007, 02:57:41 PM »

I'll give a new avatar a shot.  did it work?
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #272 on: September 28, 2007, 02:58:09 PM »

Apparently not!
I like boat races.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #273 on: September 28, 2007, 03:00:11 PM »

okay, let's try this again -- George was kind enough to upload the photo i have been trying to post as my avatar...

Yea!!  It worked!!  Next time, just call me on the phone and I'll talk you through it. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Kerry

« Reply #274 on: September 28, 2007, 03:00:43 PM »

Forget it.  tThis happens every time.  I'll stick with the guy mowing his lawn.  
I like boat races.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #275 on: September 28, 2007, 03:01:16 PM »

And the word of the day is: SYNCATEGOREMATIC!

Smoke on your pipe and put that in.
SYNCATEGOREMATIC is a SEMANTIC CATEGORY.

Ain't anagrams fun!!!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

« Reply #276 on: September 28, 2007, 03:02:24 PM »

Yes, but...

Who?

Which DR would it be?   ;)

Oh, I don't know.

Kerry, try this:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 03:03:12 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #277 on: September 28, 2007, 03:03:02 PM »

Music, streamers, drum rolls, and dancers in gold lame -- I just went over the 3,000 mark!!

Congrats on your new plateau!!  Keep 'em comin'!!! ;D

Kerry

« Reply #278 on: September 28, 2007, 03:03:33 PM »

Kerry, the fundraiser is November 5th - I'm VERY nervous about it, given the issues we're having getting the funding checks and because being here in NY for six weeks and not being able to deal with it, has put us in the horrible position of having to do everything in four weeks, and that includes selling 1000 tickets.  If there were any way to push the show into January, I would do it, as difficult as it would be.  Everything depends on the timeliness of the next funding payment which was, in fact, due on the 15th.  

On top of that, the entertainment portion of the OTHER fundraiser for the LACC Foundation is completely falling apart and unfortunately it's all going to be on my shoulders to fix it.  The conductor I got is now having "elbow" problems and may have surgery.  I suspect that these problems would go away if he could only have as many musicians as he wants - eighty.  Unfortunately, it's not possible because the most they can fit in the room is forty-five, and he's basically known this since July.  They'll be playing a musical tribute to Jerry Goldsmith, but NOW we're finding out that the charts won't necessarily work for forty-five players, because they're designed for symphony orchestras.  So, I'm not sure where this is leading, but since I arranged for all this, they're looking to me to fix it.  And I don't know how to fix it and do the benefit we're doing in November and it's just driving me crazy, which is why I'm up three hours after having gone to bed.

Good fundraiser vibes.  Keep me posted.

Be good today!
I like boat races.

George

« Reply #279 on: September 28, 2007, 03:03:35 PM »

Oh, how I wish I were in NYC with you all!

Me too!!  It's been so much fun reading about all your adventures (and misadventures ::)).  

:D

George

« Reply #280 on: September 28, 2007, 03:03:57 PM »

Yeah, the homeless bottom feeders at the library that were roasting marshmallows around the perimeter.

Ahh...well, fortunately, I work at the adminstrative headquarters, so we're not a public branch, so the homeless bottom feeders are kept to a minimum. ;) We do have a Halloween pot-luck next month, though.  Who knows what will come out of the woodwork, then.  But the few people that I've shown the pictures to have said what a wonderful thing the ring is.  

Kerry

« Reply #281 on: September 28, 2007, 03:06:49 PM »

Thanks, Goerge, but it still wouldn't let me.  I'm not good at this sort of thing (ask music Guy).   I must depend on the kindness of strangers.
I like boat races.

Jane

« Reply #282 on: September 28, 2007, 03:07:36 PM »

I really wished I could have been in NYC today.

Damn Damn Damn!!!

I'm so sorry you had to miss your trip, and are hurting too.  Feel better, and have fun doing something vibes :)

George

« Reply #283 on: September 28, 2007, 03:08:29 PM »

Thanks, Goerge, but it still wouldn't let me.  I'm not good at this sort of thing (ask music Guy).   I must depend on the kindness of strangers.

Don't give up yet...I'll do what I did for Penny.  Hang on.

George

« Reply #284 on: September 28, 2007, 03:11:08 PM »

Okay...click on "Edit Profile" at the top of any page and in the big list of avatars next to the "Personalized Picture" option, there is now one named "Kerry-avatar."  Just select that, uncheck the boxes under that list (if any are checked), scroll down to the bottom of the page and enter your password.  That should be it!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 03:12:59 PM by George »

George

« Reply #285 on: September 28, 2007, 03:15:02 PM »

If I can change it to your picture, then you can too! :D

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #286 on: September 28, 2007, 03:20:21 PM »

I took today off to recover, a bit of post-whirlwind R&R. I spent most of the afternoon catching up on posts--and am still not completely caught up!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #287 on: September 28, 2007, 03:26:59 PM »

Unfortunately, I missed Jose's movements on NYC streets. Singdaw and I were engrossed in a fascinating discussion. I was going on about how what I learned in my figure drawing days has helped me in other aspects of life. So engrossed were Sing and I that BK, acting as border collie, tried to hurry us along, reminding us that this is NYC and to TRY to stay out of the way of oncoming vehicles. I admit I was completely oblivious to said vehicles. I was talking, damn it!

thus I missed Jose.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #288 on: September 28, 2007, 03:28:21 PM »

gotta scoot. WBBL, gang.

Tomovoz

« Reply #289 on: September 28, 2007, 03:30:23 PM »

Busy weekend here in Melbourne. One of the two biggest sporting days of the year. Football final!

Where is Rodzinski?  
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #290 on: September 28, 2007, 03:40:34 PM »

Well, if not taping it, they'll certainly be tapping it.

I can't believe you posted that!  We have a no-groan zone here, but you are pushing it!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #291 on: September 28, 2007, 03:48:45 PM »

Gosh i must be so out of it that when i saw DR MattH write "I will refrain from posting" i thought he was talking about not posting re: tv shows.

I thought the same thing & commented with that in mind.  I sent Matt an email shortly after reading elmore's post.

Kerry

« Reply #292 on: September 28, 2007, 03:48:48 PM »

Okay...click on "Edit Profile" at the top of any page and in the big list of avatars next to the "Personalized Picture" option, there is now one named "Kerry-avatar."  Just select that, uncheck the boxes under that list (if any are checked), scroll down to the bottom of the page and enter your password.  That should be it!

Uncheck the boxes?  Not check them?
I like boat races.

MBarnum

« Reply #293 on: September 28, 2007, 03:49:34 PM »

Okay, here it is -- but i don't know what i did to make it come up...

I think things are in a sorry state when not a single (or married) HHWer pounces on this comment!

Jane

« Reply #294 on: September 28, 2007, 03:54:12 PM »

This reminds me of a "Twilight Zone" episode in which a little girl slips into another dimension that is accessible only through the wall at the head of her bed.

One of my favorite episodes.  

Thank you for enlightening us regarding Matt H.  I didn't realize how hard he works.

George

« Reply #295 on: September 28, 2007, 03:57:15 PM »

Uncheck the boxes?  Not check them?

Correct...if either of the boxes are checked, uncheck them.  If neither of the boxes are checked, don't check either of them.  Both should be unchecked.

Jane

« Reply #296 on: September 28, 2007, 04:00:30 PM »

That picture of Kerry would make someone a good avatar.

YES! :D

Jane

« Reply #297 on: September 28, 2007, 04:08:33 PM »

Dakota, George, & ArnoldMBrockman thanks for the birthday wishes.

Dakota, good computer vibes

Samantha, it is nice to see your pretty face.

George

« Reply #298 on: September 28, 2007, 04:08:41 PM »

Kerry, I know you can do it!! :D

George

« Reply #299 on: September 28, 2007, 04:08:57 PM »

And since we're so close...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19   Go Up