Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN  (Read 26553 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN
« Reply #300 on: December 25, 2008, 09:51:29 PM »

Excellent vibes and xylophones to vixmom.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #301 on: December 25, 2008, 09:52:03 PM »

On the local 11:00 newscast they actually said, "She was best known for her portrayal of the Catwoman on the BATMAN televeision series."  Sheesh!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #302 on: December 25, 2008, 09:52:48 PM »

Back from Cissy Wechter's partay, which was, as always, wonderful.  Saw lots of nice folks, and we all got a fantastic gift from Cissy - a VERY limited edition two CD set she made up just for people at the party and a handful of her other friends of really rare Julius Wechter tracks.  I'm looking forward to hearing it very soon.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #303 on: December 25, 2008, 09:53:02 PM »

HA!

I'm watching "Footloose" right now on one of the HBO channels... I had forgotten that John Lithgow and Diane Wiest played parents before opposite each other before All My Sons;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #304 on: December 25, 2008, 09:56:12 PM »

I ate a lot, or it seemed like a lot, but I think that in the scheme of things, for ME, I was restrained compared to most years.  Cissy made noodle kugel especially for me and I had two small squares of that, plus turkey, a little stuffing, some peas and mushrooms, and some cranberries.  I stayed away from the sweet potatoes and everything else.  I did have two helpings, but my first helping was really small and my second helping was about the same, so basically I ate one healthy-sized helping.  For dessert I had a small piece of pumpkin pie with Cool Whip on top.  The food was SO good - great turkey and stuffing (I really had to be careful with both kugel and stuffing, which I could have eaten MUCH more of), but I wasn't the pig I usually am and so, given this morning's long jog, I'm hoping I haven't done any damage and I am now past the two most worrisome pig-out days.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #305 on: December 25, 2008, 09:56:32 PM »

Now I shall finish another episode of Mannix.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #306 on: December 25, 2008, 09:56:41 PM »

DR vixmom - It was great getting a chance to talk to you today - and it was also good to read that your prime rib steaks came out well too.  And your story about the points and the vixter, well...  :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #307 on: December 25, 2008, 10:03:28 PM »

Well, I believe to take some "quiet time" before I go to bed, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #308 on: December 25, 2008, 10:04:42 PM »

I'm very tired from my own wonderful Christmas day with my family, so I'm off to bed now.  I think I'll read myself to sleep with Capote's "A Christmas Memory".  It will be a nice way to end the day.

Good night, you Lords of L.A, you Ladies of Phoenix, you Princes of New York...sweet dreams...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 10:06:44 PM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #309 on: December 25, 2008, 10:21:20 PM »

Hi all! Guess I'm a little late to say Merry Christmas.  I'm still at my parents' house with little access to internet so I'm posting from my Blackberry. All in all it's been a good time. I'll post more details when I get home

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #310 on: December 25, 2008, 11:18:20 PM »

I liked both Footloose and Flashdance... Fun movies and great teenybopper pics of the time...

One can't help but tap their toes on Footloose.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #311 on: December 25, 2008, 11:22:10 PM »

TOTD:
Gregory Maquire: Son Of A Witch

For Christmas, my sister gave me a two-in-one book of Wicked and Son of a Witch, as well as "Volume Three in the Wicked Years," A Lion Among Men...AND tickets to see Wicked in Portland, Oregon on Sunday, April 5th! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #312 on: December 25, 2008, 11:30:35 PM »

It seems that 3 years ago I had signed up for a  "points system" on my debit card - every time I use it as a credit card  I get 4 points for every dollar I spend.  Occassionally they have special months where you get doub;le point s for supermarket sales, or for shopping at a particular store.

I never paid any attention to the point accruel but I do use that card for everything - gas, groceries, pharmacy, paying thw water bill, cable bill, telephone bill, etc. and I have never exchanged a single point.

When I opened the statement it annouced that I had 523,000 points!!  So I perused the  "Rewards Catalog"  I had enough points to get the Vixter the Wii  AND a 8GB Nano.  It didn't cost us a cent  - they didn't even charge for shipping.

You should have seen her face when she opened them.  I was so pleased we coudl do it for her .  She has been working so hard, vacuuming. cooking . cleaning , laundrey along with her school work and all her otehr activicties at church and school.  She hasn't complained and does it all with a  smile.

I am such a  very lucky woman to have such a  supportive family and such a wonderful group of friends here at HHW - thank you all for the cards and the words of comfort and support,

I thank God daily for each and everyone of you.

That's a wonderful story, Vixmom!  It's a good thing that you realized that you even had all the points! :D My friend Margo also uses a credit card for everything...even her mortgage.  With her frequent flyer miles, she was able to fly herself and her three daughters to Hawaii (from Seattle, Washington) for a grand total of $84!! 

~~~Continued Vibes!!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up